The Following Are Stronger Than Superman Because

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

123KID
if someone said the listed characters are stronger than Superman for the listed reason what would your reply be

1. Sentry- he was having a world-destroying battle with Genis while holding back and they moved because they thought the fight would destroy the Earth
2. Gladiator- he destroyed a planet in 3 punches

Rorschach
You're absolutely right.

123KID
what?

Rorschach
Originally posted by 123KID
if someone said the listed characters are stronger than Superman for the listed reason what would your reply be

Originally posted by Rorschach
You're absolutely right.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Rorschach
You're absolutely right.

Fail.

Rorschach
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Fail.

You Superman fanboys make me sick.

123KID
i thought you were a Supes fan?

Old-Wizard.com
Sentry unleashed his full power against WWH and didn't even destroy Manhatten. I think it was hyperbole saying he would destroy the planet.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Sentry unleashed his full power against WWH and didn't even destroy Manhatten. I think it was hyperbole saying he would destroy the planet.

Superman Prime unleashed his full power against Ion and didn't even destroy Manhattan. In another comic book he easily was destroying planets. What's your point again?

Anti-monitor unleashed his full might while fighting on the moon, and he can destroy entire universes; the moon was not destroyed.

What's your point again?

Molecule Man blasted Beyonder with a force that would have slagged several million dimensions. His apartment was not destroyed. What was your point again?

Faceman

I'm sure he could destroy the planet, but being a hero an all, I doubt destroying the planet would be in his protocol...Although I would NOT put Sentry over Superman any time soon....

Old-Wizard.com

1. Sentry- he was having a world-destroying battle with Genis while holding back and they moved because they thought the fight would destroy the Earth

I was responding to this post. That was my pnt. Sentry wasn't himself, he was unleashing his full power (to his own admission) and didnt even destroy Manhattan. Obviously destroying the earth is beyond his capabilities. Superman would crush the Sentry. Gladiator is way too inconsistent. Cannonball took him out for God's sake. Eric Masterson beat him down. The guy's powers vary more than Michael Jackon's skin colour.

Kutulu
I was responding to this post. That was my pnt. Sentry wasn't himself, he was unleashing his full power (to his own admission) and didnt even destroy Manhattan. Obviously destroying the earth is beyond his capabilities. Superman would crush the Sentry. Gladiator is way too inconsistent. Cannonball took him out for God's sake. Eric Masterson beat him down. The guy's powers vary more than Michael Jackon's skin colour.

Superman Prime didn't destroy the Earth when fighting Ion / Sodam Yat. So he obviously is too weak to destroy the Earth. Except that he did destroy the Earth and many more in another comic. Your logic fails.

Molecule Man blasted Beyonder with enough force to destroy several million dimensions over again, without destroying his apartment. So obviously he isn't enough to destroy the Earth, according to your logic. Once again your logic fails.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Kutulu
Superman Prime didn't destroy the Earth when fighting Ion / Sodam Yat. So he obviously is too weak to destroy the Earth. Except that he did destroy the Earth and many more in another comic. Your logic fails.

Molecule Man blasted Beyonder with enough force to destroy several million dimensions over again, without destroying his apartment. So obviously he isn't enough to destroy the Earth, according to your logic. Once again your logic fails.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. I was responding to someone's post who said Sentry could beat superman b/c he can destroy a planet. sentry CAN'T destroy a planet. I made no claim about what Superman could or couldn't do.

Kutulu
Sentry wasn't himself, he was unleashing his full power (to his own admission) and didnt even destroy Manhattan.

So then you're telling me that Superman Prime is too weak to destroy a planet, since he didn't destroy Earth in his fight with Sodam Yat?

Are you saying that Cyborg (Hank Henshaw) with ten yellow lantern rings is too weak to destroy a planet, since he went all out on Superman and didn't even destroy the planet?

Are you saying that Superman is too weak to destroy a city, since only a few buildings and the statue of Liberty was destroyed when he fought Henshaw?

Your logic makes no sense here.

Kutulu
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I was responding to someone's post who said Sentry could beat superman b/c he can destroy a planet. sentry CAN'T destroy a planet. I made no claim about what Superman could or couldn't do.

Sentry has already destroyed multiple planets on-panel during his fight with Genis. You fail.

Old-Wizard.com
I fail? How so? Sentry unleashed his FULL POWERS!!! FULL POWERS...can u understand that? ... against the Hulk. Several normal humans were left standing in the immediate vicinity. Sentry had LOST CONTROL of himself. He was going nuts. No one died. a few buildings were destroyed...the Hulk pwned him. Thats all that happened. Sentry is weak.

Kutulu
I fail? How so? Sentry unleashed his FULL POWERS!!! FULL POWERS...can u understand that? ... against the Hulk. Several normal humans were left standing in the immediate vicinity. Sentry had LOST CONTROL of himself. He was going nuts. No one died. a few buildings were destroyed...the Hulk pwned him. Thats all that happened. Sentry is weak.

Superman Prime unleashed FULL POWERS!!! Against Sodam Yat, and not even the city was destroyed... can u understand that? In another comic he was blowing up planets with no difficulty. Several normal humans were left standing in the immediate vicinity. He was going nuts. No one died. a few buildings were destroyed... Thats all that happened. Superman Prime is weak according to what you're saying.

Do you see where you failed yet?

Old-Wizard.com
Superman Prime unleashed FULL POWERS!!! Against Sodam Yat, and not even the city was destroyed... can u understand that? In another comic he was blowing up planets with no difficulty. Several normal humans were left standing in the immediate vicinity. He was going nuts. No one died. a few buildings were destroyed... Thats all that happened. Superman Prime is weak according to what you're saying.

Do you see where you failed yet?

Again...you fail. did i say ANYTHING about superman?

Old-Wizard.com
btw superman beat the hulk. sentry couldnt.

Kutulu
Again...you fail. did i say ANYTHING about superman?

No you didn't say anything about Superman - but your logic states that a planet buster that went full all-out against another character didn't destroy a planet, yet you ignore DC fights where Superman went ALL OUT against Cyborg and got beaten without even destroying the city. Once again you fail by your own logic.

The insistence that the entire planet should have blown up is retarded and should be dropped, or alternately you should apply it to ALL CHARACTERS who are known planet destroyers. PERIOD.

Kutulu
btw superman beat the hulk. sentry couldnt.

btw that wasn't canon. You fail again.

Faceman
btw that wasn't canon. You fail again.

Not only was it not canon, but it wasn't WWH.. huh

Old-Wizard.com
They fought twice, Superman won both times. Thats enough for me.

Sentry fought Hulk and lost. He was laid out and banner was still standing with still green glowing eyes and was the Hulk 5 minutes later stomping the Eastern Seaboard into the Ocean. He must not have been too weakened by the great sentry.

Again, I made a direct claim about Sentry. No claim about Superman's capability or lack thereof of destroying a planet.

Superman beats Sentry mainly b/c superman isnt a weak minded wuss like sentry. supes will fight anyone anytime (even if they are more powerful than him) and will win.

Kutulu
They fought twice, Superman won both times. Thats enough for me.
In a fight based on fan popularity that was non-canon. It was the same continuity of me drawing a fight on a napkin.

Ok I agree with you here.

You made a direct claim about Sentry stating that since he didn't destroy the planet in their fight, that he couldn't destroy the planet in their fight, which is patently false. He has already destroyed planets on-panel in his fight with Genis.

Except when he lost against Henshaw, and they did less damage to the city than during the Sentry / WWH fight.

Ouallada

It's actually very simple. A person with the right conditioning can palm a brick into two. It does not mean in any way that every strike the person throws in an actual fight is expected to crack bricks in half. There are a lot of mitigating factors in a fight. Thus, no one can say that it was hyperbole, although Sentry did not cover himself in glory either.

Kutulu
Sentry wasn't himself, he was unleashing his full power (to his own admission) and didnt even destroy Manhattan. Obviously destroying the earth is beyond his capabilities.

^^ Here is where your logic broke down and failed.

Old-Wizard.com
In a fight based on fan popularity that was non-canon. It was the same continuity of me drawing a fight on a napkin.

Ok I agree with you here.

You made a direct claim about Sentry stating that since he didn't destroy the planet in their fight, that he couldn't destroy the planet in their fight, which is patently false. He has already destroyed planets on-panel in his fight with Genis.

Except when he lost against Henshaw, and they did less damage to the city than during the Sentry / WWH fight.

I should have said will win MOST OF THE TIME.

yes i did make a claim about sentry. i didnt read the fight with genis, though ive heard of it. were the planets he destroyed earth- sized? if so, then there is a majour inconsistency in the writing.

Kutulu
I should have said will win MOST OF THE TIME.

yes i did make a claim about sentry. i didnt read the fight with genis, though ive heard of it. were the planets he destroyed earth- sized? if so, then there is a majour inconsistency in the writing.

Ok then going by your own logic, why did Superman Prime not destroy Earth when he fought with Sodam Yat / Ion? Since Green Lanterns that were weaker than Ion have destroyed planets before, and Superman Prime destroyed planets before with ease, in addition to moving them across the universe without the occupants even noticing, why didn't the Earth simply blow up during their fight? Explain to me this major inconsistency in the writing.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Ouallada
It's actually very simple. A person with the right conditioning can palm a brick into two. It does not mean in any way that every strike the person throws in an actual fight is expected to crack bricks in half. There are a lot of mitigating factors in a fight. Thus, no one can say that it was hyperbole, although Sentry did not cover himself in glory either.

Its more like the strength of a bomb. If the bomb is big enough to destroy hiroshima with its full blast, it should destroy a similar sized city also. sentry was tapped. he used all his power....ALL of it...thats why he reverted back to bob after the fight.

Old-Wizard.com
Superman's powers arent like sentry's. sentry unleashes direct energy. superman's powers are more physical. for supes to destroy a planet he has to be punching it.

Kutulu
Its more like the strength of a bomb. If the bomb is big enough to destroy hiroshima with its full blast, it should destroy a similar sized city also. sentry was tapped. he used all his power....ALL of it...thats why he reverted back to bob after the fight.

Ok - you have yet to explain this so-called inconsistency in the writing, of when Superman Prime fought Ion / Sodam Yat. Both characters can easily destroy planets, both characters were going all-out, both characters were far more powerful than either WWH or Sentry. Why was less damage done to the city during their fight than WWH / Sentry? Please explain.

Kutulu
Superman's powers arent like sentry's. sentry unleashes direct energy. superman's powers are more physical. for supes to destroy a planet he has to be punching it.

Ok show me then where Sentry directly attacked the planet during the WWH fight.

Old-Wizard.com
Ok show me then where Sentry directly attacked the planet during the WWH fight.

He didn't. Notice I said "Didn't even destroy Manhattan"

I didn't say he was trying to destroy the planet...though by Marvel's logic, he should have. (again, having unleashed his full destructive capabilities). at the very least, his energy output was supposedly insane, it wasn;t just going to the hulk, it was blwoing up buildings,etc. why wasnt the entire city flattened? why did normal humans, no more than a few miles away survive? at the very least it should have leveled nyc? even an a-bomb does that.

Kutulu
He didn't. Notice I said "Didn't even destroy Manhattan"

I didn't say he was trying to destroy the planet...though by Marvel's logic, he should have. (again, having unleashed his full destructive capabilities). at the very least, his energy output was supposedly insane, it wasn;t just going to the hulk, it was blwoing up buildings,etc. why wasnt the entire city flattened? why did normal humans, no more than a few miles away survive? at the very least it should have leveled nyc? even an a-bomb does that.

Explain to me, how Sodam Yat / Ion, who can easily destroy a planet, and Superman Prime, who easily has destroyed planets already, both going all-out, did less damage to the surrounding area than the WWH / Sentry fight did.

I'll answer it for you, since you keep avoiding the question which exposes the weak link of your logic.

It is because they are using directed attacks.

If either WWH or Sentry directly attacked the planet it would have been busted. But guess what - they are superheroes. Not Supervillains. Superheroes. Sentry lost control of his powers but directed them all at the Hulk. Just like when Superman Prime and Ion fought, they directed their energies at each other.

Just like when Henshaw stomped the Sh!t out of Superman he directed his attacks at Superman.

That is why your points about Manhattan are false. Neither Hulk nor Sentry wanted to kill anybody. PERIOD.

Old-Wizard.com
Explain to me, how Sodam Yat / Ion, who can easily destroy a planet, and Superman Prime, who easily has destroyed planets already, both going all-out, did less damage to the surrounding area than the WWH / Sentry fight did.

I'll answer it for you, since you keep avoiding the question which exposes the weak link of your logic.

If either WWH or Sentry directly attacked the planet it would have been busted. But guess what - they are superheroes. Not Supervillains. Superheroes. Sentry lost control of his powers but directed them all at the Hulk. Just like when Superman Prime and Ion fought, they directed their energies at each other.

Just like when Henshaw stomped the Sh!t out of Superman he directed his attacks at Superman.

That is why your points about Manhattan are false. Neither Hulk nor Sentry wanted to kill anybody. PERIOD.

Sentry didnt WANT to destroy it, but he wasnt in control. if he cared so much about being a hero why did he leave 10s of 1,000s of people homeless in a useless gesture against the hulk. again, this superman fight u bring up is irrelevant. im not talking about supes or even DC. im talking about Sentry. if sentry was so focused on the hulk, why was there energy bursts going in every direction, destroying building on the opposite side of the city from where the hulk was?

Kutulu
Sentry didnt WANT to destroy it, but he wasnt in control.

Was he was in control enough to direct his attacks at Hulk, yes or no??

Parts of the city being destroyed was a side effect of the fight. Both Hulk and Sentry have greater feats than destroying a mere planet. Sentry lost control over his damage output, but didn't lose control over who he was attacking. The city was already evacuated, so neither one was worried much about casualties.

It is completely relevant to DC. You are being a complete hypocrite if you think it doesn't apply. The energy bursts were a side effect, just like when Supes fought Henshaw and the Statue of Liberty got smashed. You think Superman wanted to let the Statue of Liberty gets smashed? It got smashed as a side effect of their battle. Just like the WWH / Sentry fight.

Old-Wizard.com
Was he was in control enough to direct his attacks at Hulk, yes or no??

Parts of the city being destroyed was a side effect of the fight. Both Hulk and Sentry have greater feats than destroying a mere planet. Sentry lost control over his damage output, but didn't lose control over who he was attacking. The city was already evacuated, so neither one was worried much about casualties.

It is completely relevant to DC. You are being a complete hypocrite if you think it doesn't apply. The energy bursts were a side effect, just like when Supes fought Henshaw and the Statue of Liberty got smashed. You think Superman wanted to let the Statue of Liberty gets smashed? It got smashed as a side effect of their battle. Just like the WWH / Sentry fight.

Again did i EVER say superman could destroy a planet? i never made that claim once. Weren;t people on the ground during the hulk fight thinking the earth would be destroyed during the fight? yes they were. was it? no, only a few building were destroyed. its quite a leap from that to destroying a city.

nimbus006

I agree with your logic because it answers many questions regarding characters power, and how they apply to their surroundings in a fight. However, in the case of Sentry vs WWH it does not. Yes SMP, Superman, and the Hulk all use direct attacks on their opponents which is why they dont destroy more than a couple city blocks, but Sentry in this fight was not releasing direct attacks. His assault appeared to be (at least in my eyes) omni-directional. Thus, his powers as described by Ben (He's releasing the power of a million exploding Suns) should have destroyed the entire planet. Now, if you can prove to me that his attack was marked directly at the Hulk, then ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Until then, im going to go by what i saw, and say it was an omni-directional assault, and probably poor writing that it didnt incinerate the planet.

Kutulu
Again did i EVER say superman could destroy a planet? i never made that claim once. Weren;t people on the ground during the hulk fight thinking the earth would be destroyed during the fight? yes they were. was it? no, only a few building were destroyed. its quite a leap from that to destroying a city.

The people on the ground were worried that the planet would be destroyed, but since Hulk and Sentry were directing their attacks towards each other it was not.

Your logic fails, just give up - I can cite so many more examples of planet busting characters go all out on each other and lose control without the planet being destroyed that it would fill up 10 pages. I used the specific example of Superman Prime vs. Sodam Yat since GL's can and have easily destroyed planets, and so has Superman Prime. Therefore it is pertinent to this discussion, since both characters were going all out.

You specifically said:

Kutulu
Originally posted by nimbus006
I agree with your logic because it answers many questions regarding characters power, and how they apply to their surroundings in a fight. However, in the case of Sentry vs WWH it does not. Yes SMP, Superman, and the Hulk all use direct attacks on their opponents which is why they dont destroy more than a couple city blocks, but Sentry in this fight was not releasing direct attacks. His assault appeared to be (at least in my eyes) omni-directional. Thus, his powers as described by Ben (He's releasing the power of a million exploding Suns) should have destroyed the entire planet. Now, if you can prove to me that his attack was marked directly at the Hulk, then ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Until then, im going to go by what i saw, and say it was an omni-directional assault, and probably poor writing that it didnt incinerate the planet.

Sentry's light powers were flailing about, but the majority of his power was directed at Hulk. The light tentacles (for lack of a better word) were side effects of the main event, not the main event itself.

Here are the scans, now you tell me did it look like Sentry was directing his attacks at the Hulk, or did he simply explode in all directions with no target?
http://img173.imagevenue.com/loc854/th_87977_wwh001_122_854lo.jpghttp://img193.imagevenue.com/loc85/th_87981_wwh008_122_85lo.jpghttp://img189.imagevenue.com/loc240/th_87987_wwh009_122_240lo.jpghttp://img200.imagevenue.com/loc36/th_87994_wwh010_122_36lo.jpg
http://img188.imagevenue.com/loc236/th_88001_wwh011_122_236lo.jpghttp://img196.imagevenue.com/loc205/th_88009_wwh012_122_205lo.jpghttp://img154.imagevenue.com/loc956/th_88015_wwh013_122_956lo.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/loc647/th_88022_wwh014_122_647lo.jpghttp://img149.imagevenue.com/loc904/th_88029_wwh015_122_904lo.jpghttp://img144.imagevenue.com/loc1064/th_88036_wwh016_122_1064lo.jpg

Kutulu
--continued--
http://img162.imagevenue.com/loc950/th_88387_wwh017_122_950lo.jpghttp://img188.imagevenue.com/loc161/th_88393_wwh018_122_161lo.jpghttp://img147.imagevenue.com/loc1156/th_88399_wwh019_122_1156lo.jpghttp://img162.imagevenue.com/loc957/th_88405_wwh020_122_957lo.jpg
http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc694/th_88413_wwh021_122_694lo.jpghttp://img131.imagevenue.com/loc33/th_88418_wwh022.5_122_33lo.jpghttp://img20.imagevenue.com/loc1050/th_88425_wwh022_122_1050lo.jpg
http://img193.imagevenue.com/loc154/th_88431_wwh023_122_154lo.jpghttp://img168.imagevenue.com/loc771/th_88439_wwh024_122_771lo.jpghttp://img107.imagevenue.com/loc729/th_88440_wwh025_122_729lo.jpg

Old-Wizard.com

i agree. thats been my pnt all along. but u say it better. sentry's attacks were omni-directional. a million exploding suns should have demolished the solar system. his powers has described by others arent as powerful as they were demonstarted, especially when he used them to the pnt where he burnt them out. poor writing indeed.

Kutulu
i agree. thats been my pnt all along. but u say it better. sentry's attacks were omni-directional. a million exploding suns should have demolished the solar system. his powers has described by others arent as powerful as they were demonstarted, especially when he used them to the pnt where he burnt them out. poor writing indeed.

So going by your logic, the Henshaw / Superman fight was poor writing indeed, since only a few buildings were destroyed. Is that correct?

Ouallada

No it isn't. Your analogy only holds true if the intention was to destroy the second city with the mentioned bomb or an identical one. When Sentry's intention is to knock the hulk out instead of causing collateral damage, the amount of collateral damage caused is completely secondary in consideration.

Old-Wizard.com
So going by your logic, the Henshaw / Superman fight was poor writing indeed, since only a few buildings were destroyed. Is that correct?

that would be accurate.

nimbus006
Sentry's light powers were flailing about, but the majority of his power was directed at Hulk. The light tentacles (for lack of a better word) were side effects of the main event, not the main event itself.

Here are the scans, now you tell me did it look like Sentry was directing his attacks at the Hulk, or did he simply explode in all directions with no target?

The panel with Rick Jones on the left, where Sentry flies up into what looks like a giant fire tornado seems to be omni-directional. However, there are some panels where Sentry is directing his attacks directly at the Hulk (i.e when he grabs his head, and releases light energy at it). The bottom line though is, if you release that kind of power inside of the Earth out in the open, and i dont care if its directed at a target or not; its going to burn that atmosphere and kill everything. Theres no way around that, its just science. Now, this is a comic book and physics doesn't necessarily apply in most cases, so ultimately we are arguing moot points.

I do see you point though Kutulu

Kutulu
The panel with Rick Jones on the left, where Sentry flies up into what looks like a giant fire tornado seems to be omni-directional. However, there are some panels where Sentry is directing his attacks directly at the Hulk (i.e when he grabs his head, and releases light energy at it). The bottom line though is, if you release that kind of power inside of the Earth out in the open, and i dont care if its directed at a target or not; its going to burn that atmosphere and kill everything. Theres no way around that, its just science. Now, this is a comic book and physics doesn't necessarily apply in most cases, so ultimately we are arguing moot points.

The Hulk was at the bottom of that Tornado that whole time. You can also see that it's not nearly as concentrated or as intense as when Sentry blasts Hulk up close directly.

Soljer
Lots and lots of idiocy in this thread...

Ouallada
Originally posted by Soljer

sad

nimbus006

Thanks for that useful and informative statement... stick out tongue

Would you care to enlighten us?

Soljer
Thanks for that useful and informative statement... stick out tongue

Would you care to enlighten us?

After reading through those three pages? I feel like if I stay in here much longer, I may end up giving myself an aneurysm.

Faceman
Not really, it's just one person in particular that's a bit misinformed. But since I'm a gentleman first , then a scholar I'll refer from calling him out.

Sundipped

There is a simple answer for this.
If the writers wanted to make Supes destroy a planet they could. It's within the scope of his power to be able to do it.

nimbus006
After reading through those three pages? I feel like if I stay in here much longer, I may end up giving myself an aneurysm.

Come on now, I 've seen much worst on this forum. yes

llagrok

AoA Juggernaut style?

TricksterPriest
Sentry doesn't have one planet busting feat. And if you lose control of a 'a million exploding suns' it should destroy more than 1 city block. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sentry doesn't have one planet busting feat. And if you lose control of a 'a million exploding suns' it should destroy more than 1 city block. roll eyes (sarcastic) Explain when cap Marvel was being amped and when he was defeating the Spectre in dov why the city remained intact as well. Both of those beings were quite a bit more powerful than Hulk or Sentry. Did you see how spent the spectre was after that battle?

Why do you penalize these two characters when you would ignore the very same thing that occurred to these other two?

llagrok
You need to be able to differ between two powerful creatures pouring everything they have INTO each-other and two powerful creatures just firing away.

Sirius77
Originally posted by quanchi112
Explain when cap Marvel was being amped and when he was defeating the Spectre in dov why the city remained intact as well. Both of those beings were quite a bit more powerful than Hulk or Sentry. Did you see how spent the spectre was after that battle?

Why do you penalize these two characters when you would ignore the very same thing that occurred to these other two?

The factor that your overlooking here is MAGIC.

Mr. Slippyfist
Explain when cap Marvel was being amped and when he was defeating the Spectre in dov why the city remained intact as well. Both of those beings were quite a bit more powerful than Hulk or Sentry. Did you see how spent the spectre was after that battle?

Why do you penalize these two characters when you would ignore the very same thing that occurred to these other two? They were destroying dimensions... no expression

Old-Wizard.com
The bottom line is sentry was pouring all his energy all around him. not just at the hulk.

Kutulu
The bottom line is sentry was pouring all his energy all around him. not just at the hulk.

The bottom line is that Sentry was focused on the Hulk. A little bit of energy slipped out besides that on the sides.

Gecko4lif
The bottom line is that Sentry was focused on the Hulk. A little bit of energy slipped out besides that on the sides.
The botton line is that sentry couldnt bfr a 9 foot tall 2 ton target right in front of him

Kutulu
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
The botton line is that sentry couldnt bfr a 9 foot tall 2 ton target right in front of him

The bottom line is that you are a troll.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
You need to be able to differ between two powerful creatures pouring everything they have INTO each-other and two powerful creatures just firing away. Did you see how weak the spectre was after the battle he couldnt even fly away. You sound very hypocritical.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
They were destroying dimensions... no expression The city was fine. When were they destroying dimensions?

nvrbeenwthagirl

Why are you talking to yourself? That isn't healthy.

Kutulu
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

Wow what an amazing comeback! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ouallada

It is pretty safe to assume that the attacks would have been executed with the goal of putting the hulk down, not to cause collateral damage. Thus, equating an assumption that the amount of collateral damage not befitting the energy output to a conclusion that an attack CANNOT cause the required amount of damage is introducing an additional variable to the equation.

Mr. Slippyfist
The city was fine. When were they destroying dimensions? Read the comic. smile

They were affecting dimensions a lot more than they were affecting the city.

Gecko4lif
How so? hulktard.

quanchi112
Read the comic. smile

They were affecting dimensions a lot more than they were affecting the city. Ok, Ill take your word for it. I read it but havent read it for a while. This stuff happens in comics all the time. Like when Thor was fighting Thanos with the power gem his ship was fine and wasnt even trashed and they were laying into each other.

In the Odin vs Thanos fight all of Asgard went down. Its inconsistent in comics and we shouldnt penalize two characters for the lack of collateral damage jus becuz most of this forum hates Sentry and despises Hulk.

Faceman
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

uhm nrv, he's in team Authority. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Ok, Ill take your word for it. I read it but havent read it for a while. This stuff happens in comics all the time. Like when Thor was fighting Thanos with the power gem his ship was fine and wasnt even trashed and they were laying into each other.

In the Odin vs Thanos fight all of Asgard went down. Its inconsistent in comics and we shouldnt penalize two characters for the lack of collateral damage jus becuz most of this forum hates Sentry and despises Hulk. Of course.

Still though, people will always pick on that, because theoretically, the power of a million exploding suns would have destroyed a million solar systems about.

Not to mention it should have went straight through the planet...

batdude123

I'd laugh and show him the scan of Sentry struggling to lift a heli-carrier.

I'd laugh and show him the scans of Colossus fighting Gladiator on equal grounds.

Then, I'd laugh some more and show him the scans of Gladiator getting owned by Professor Hulk.

After that, I'd laugh and show him being beaten by Cannonball.

Finally, I'd laugh and show him the scans of Glads being owned by a deck of cards from Gambit.

smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by batdude123
I'd laugh and show him the scan of Sentry struggling to lift a heli-carrier.

I'd laugh and show him the scans of Colossus fighting Gladiator on equal grounds.

Then, I'd laugh some more and show him the scans of Gladiator getting owned by Professor Hulk.

After that, I'd laugh and show him being beaten by Cannonball.

Finally, I'd laugh and show him the scans of Glads being owned by a deck of cards from Gambit.

smile I'd laugh some more, and show him getting KO'd by laser guns...

batdude123
I'd laugh some more, and show him getting KO'd by laser guns...

Gladiator?

Heh.

I'd also show the scans of Gladiator KOing himself after pounding on Captain America's shield.

Mr. Slippyfist
Gladiator?

Heh.

I'd also show the scans of Gladiator KOing himself after pounding on Captain America's shield. Ya... it's never been brought up on the forum before... I think I have it in my hard drive. It's from the Phoenix saga... a comic before Jahf.

That was Sue...

batdude123
Ya... it's never been brought up on the forum before... I think I have it in my hard drive. It's from the Phoenix saga... a comic before Jahf.

Lawlz.

That was Sue...

Whatever... he still looked like a punk and you know it!

Val
I'd laugh some more, and show him getting KO'd by laser guns...
I'd laugh some more and show him some tranny porn.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
I'd laugh some more and show him some tranny porn.

How's that penile implant working out for you?

Are you finally able to satisfy Mr. Biscuits?

Val
I have no idea what you speak of.

batdude123
You don't have to hide it from me.

Val
BIG WHEEL!

batdude123
You don't want to play this game with me. I'm not a pushover when it comes to cock-teasers such as yourself.

endrict
Sentry has NOT showing any strength feats to put him in the same level as Superman.

Val
You don't want to play this game with me. I'm not a pushover when it comes to cock-teasers such as yourself.
I never got over you shitting yourself. I still think about it!

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
I never got over you shitting yourself. I still think about it!

And you made me dress up like a school girl for your fantasy! cry

Val
And you made me dress up like a school girl for your fantasy! cry
I was trying to spice up our sex life! I never thought you were very good in bed.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
I was trying to spice up our sex life! I never thought you were very good in bed.

I think your ass is flat!

Air Legend
Molecule Man blasted Beyonder with a force that would have slagged several million dimensions. His apartment was not destroyed. What was your point again?
That's because he channeled his power towards the Beyonder. This showed MM was holding back, and this was made evident when he went up against the Beyonder and caused multiversal (all of Marvel at the time) destruction.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Faceman
uhm nrv, he's in team Authority. no expression You have got to be kidding me... That's ridiculous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.