Cleopatra (1963)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Billed as the most expensive film in Hollywood history I thought it was a good idea to mention it . A love story between Egyptian queen Cleopatra and the Roman leaders Julius Caesar . with a budget of 44M big sets and took nearly two years to film no wonder this is the most important movie in hollywood history . A six hour movie cut down just to four .

exanda kane
Important how? Cinematic Excess?

SelphieT
Elizabeth Taylor, right? thumb up

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by SelphieT
Elizabeth Taylor, right? thumb up

Elizabeth Taylor is the great actresses of our time. Cleopatra was a great film. I truly hope it is never ever remade.

Impediment
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Elizabeth Taylor is the great actresses of our time. Cleopatra was a great film. I truly hope it is never ever remade.

Good actress and OK movie, but not great, IMO.

ragesRemorse
although lavish and visually appealing. It's a hard movie for me to sit though. I'll take a Ben hur and Spartacus

coolmovies
I hope they restore the lost 2 hours !

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Impediment
Good actress and OK movie, but not great, IMO.

Would you agree that Cleopatra was great for its time?

exanda kane
Compared to Goddard or Truffaut?? Get off your high horse already.

JediSamuraiMRB
What? Huh?

Jim Colyer
I saw Cleopatra that summer with my first girl friend. I thought it was boring. My girl friend went on to marry my cousin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.