Spartans run the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Okay, this is sort of a redo.

The 300 Spartans from the novel: Gates of Fire. They all have their squires to provide their weapons, in which they have 5 spare shields, swords and spears per Spartan, and 2 sets of armor per Spartan.

The Spartans are revived after each fight to the original 300 if any of them die.

The fights are all in Thermopylae.

1. 300 Trojans with Achilles- Troy

2. 300 Roman Legionnaires- no artillery.

3. 300 Knights Templar- Kingdom of Heaven

4. 700 Thespians

5. 300 Samurai- The Last Samurai

6. Beowulf and 50 Geats

7. 12 Spartan II's- Mark IV armor, Energy Swords or Gravity hammers.

8. Wolverine, Sabretooth, Spiderman, Venom, Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevil, Bullseye and Ironfist.

cmack
how do they get pst achilles

jrodslam
From what i hear, Beowolf can take 300 Spartans by himself.

braz
Originally posted by cmack
how do they get pst achilles

This is movie Achilles from Troy, fighting alongside 300 Trojans. I dont think he was invincible, was he?

braz
Originally posted by jrodslam
From what i hear, Beowolf can take 300 Spartans by himself.

Beowulfs baddass, Id say he could def take a good portion of them, but Idunno about all 300. I mean, thats just too much Imo, even for Beowulf.

braz
I think they will most likely stop at 6, but at best they could make it to 7.

Darth Martin
triple post lol is Beowulf any good? The movie I mean.

Estacado
Are the spartans allowed to tbag?

braz
Originally posted by Estacado
Are the spartans allowed to tbag?

Bloodlust is on my friend. wink

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
triple post lol is Beowulf any good? The movie I mean.

I thought it was. It didnt exactly follow the story as it really went though.

grey fox
Do the Knights have horses ?

If so then they stomp the Spartans. There's a reason cavalry is regarded as better then infantry....

braz
Yeah they have horses, but so did the Persians. It wont really help if you cant route them.

llagrok
Originally posted by braz
This is movie Achilles from Troy, fighting alongside 300 Trojans. I dont think he was invincible, was he?

He was insanely skilled though.

braz
Originally posted by llagrok
He was insanely skilled though.

Very true, yes he was. Saw the fight with Hector. Amazing scene. Loved it.

Darth Martin
The Samurai are not to be underestimated. As a collective they may be the most skilled with a sword here.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by braz
Yeah they have horses, but so did the Persians. It wont really help if you cant route them.

Persians didn't have armored cavalry. wink

And I bet they would lose to a fellow spartan. Maybe you heard of him. He's called 'The Ghost of Sparta'. wink And he's got two friends on his arms that would tear through those shields.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

And I bet they would lose to a fellow spartan. Maybe you heard of him. He's called 'The Ghost of Sparta'. wink And he's got two friends on his arms that would tear through those shields.

He is Half-god though....

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
He is Half-god though....

So's Achilles. 313

Darth Martin
If the Sammurai get past the Phalanx of the Spartans they take it seemingly as they have Katsumoto, Ujio, and Algren. Sammurai are just too good 1on1 with a sword and their katanas would probably pierce the Spartans armour or shield.

braz
^Idunno about that, but the Samurai may be where its stops because of the long bow, which would pierce their shields/armor.

braz
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

I dont think the Templar had it either, that was just with later knights in the 14th-16th century with full platemail as well for them.

Darth Martin
Yeah I totally forgot about that. They can fire that thing riding on hoarseback going full speed and have exceptional aim.

FrothByte
mounted knights will decimate the spartans unless the spartans get to hole up in a tight pass (like thermopylae) where there's no chance of the horses to outflank them. but other than that, cavalry wins over any infantry in an open field.

300 trojans would most probably lose to 300 spartans... but when you add achilles to the mix... well I'm pretty much voting against the spartans then.

Darth Martin
Yeah that's the reason the Spartans were so good in that movie they had that tight pass and stayed in their formation.

viper88
why did u put the 12 spartan IIs below the marvel team

Estacado
Leonidas get's tea bagged.....uhuh

braz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Yeah that's the reason the Spartans were so good in that movie they had that tight pass and stayed in their formation.

Yeah and they still are Thermopylae=Hot Gates in Greek. The Hot Gates represents that narrow pass that cant be flanked up front because of a sheer wall going straight up several hundred feet on either side. At its narrowest, I think it could only fit a dozen men at a time. Thats why the phalanx was hell on the lightly armed Persians. They werent trained for this kind of warfare, but instead war on open plains where u can use bows and cavalry to flank and decide the outcome. So once they slammed into that shield wall, there was really nothing they could do to penetrate it.

braz
Originally posted by viper88
why did u put the 12 spartan IIs below the marvel team

Well, they have their Mark IV armor which lacks the energy shield. And some of those marvel characters are pretty badass and are capable of a whole lot.

Burning thought
i certainly know they go down at 7 and 8, thats just overkill lol, one spartan would destroy the whole low tech spartan army, ime not sure all the spears hitting the shield at the same time is likely to break the shield, their spears would just break trying to beat one especially if it was moving incrediblt quick swinging a gravity hammer or sword

Darth Martin
Btw that Marvel sqaud would really **** up the 301 Spartans. They have Batman and Nighwing equipment. For raw power they have Wolverine, Spiderman, Sabretooth, Venom, and Iron Fist who could probably one-shot any of these Spartans. Captain America could demolish wave after wave with his shield. And Black Panther is pretty much immune to all of these guys thanks to his Vibranium suit while Daredevil probably won't be touched by anything due to his acute radar senses and his peak human agility. Depending on what Bullseye is armed with he could do something but Catwopman can't do **** here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.