Contra 4 (Nintendo DS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Contra 4 is coming!

Hell yeah! woot

BackFire
Was never a huge fan of Contra, myself.

Still, I'm always happy to hear of a classic franchise getting revived.

WrathfulDwarf
I remenber using lots of quarters in the arcade playing the original. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
WTFFFF????!!!! eek! I cant believe they are making another Contra...thats frikkin sweet.

AstroFan
Sweet. stick out tongue

Glad I just bought a DS last week. New Zelda and new Contra, im gonna be in heaven. big grin

WrathfulDwarf
Congrats on you new purchase. smile

AstroFan
Thankyou, its so nice and pretty. lol

WrathfulDwarf
Gameplay previews!

Jungle:

ApN30yIuSn0

Ocean:

NKNMSf6954g

Urban Warfare:

2kTzZNGHV-k

WrathfulDwarf
F*ck yeah!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/12/contra-4-packed-with-contra-super-c-robots/#comments]NES Contra included!

Scythe
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Hyperphase/Satanicapped-1.png

http://www.konami-data.com/officialsites/contra4/

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/contra4.jpg

http://www.pixfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/contra4.jpg

Well growing up I became a huge Contra fan since the days of the NES. This year, Konami celebrates twenty years with the release Contra 4 for the Nintendo DS.

Set exactly two years after the first NES Contra, the story brings back bland, action stereotype, rambo-like soldiers Bill Rizer and Lance Bean to shoot shit. When the Black Viper comes to destroy earth along with hired mercenaries. Once again, power-up friendly, spreadshot hogging, 2d side-scrolling madness returns.

Classic 2d graphics look amazing on the DS. It captures the feeling of a Contra game the way few sequels miss out on recapturing the greatness the original had.

Receiving some pretty good scores from IGN.com and EGM mag, I've had some playtime with it, and lemme just say that this shit is hard. Like, f*ckin' destroy everything in your hands hard. If you're man enough to beat it, consider yourself golden. Also, the gap between the two screen is just downright annoying. Making a transition between the top or bottom screen to the opposite could result in a gay-death.

I'd give this game a 7/10 just for handing me my goat ass all the time; however, I won't. I have to give it a 9/10 because they packed in some small comics, a few interviews, but most importantly they f*ckin' packed in the old NES Contra, along with Super C. Nostalgia gives this hard ass game a huge step up for me.

Check it out guys, if you're up for it, it'll please.

Scythe
Oh wow. I can't go back and re-edit the above post, but not that it matters, Contra 4 is not a follow up to the first Contra as I stated, it follows up Contra III: The Alien Wars. Well, corrected that for ya guys, not that it mattered though, but it was buggin' me.

ragesRemorse
Playing the original contra is one of my favorite memories in gaming. Im more of a metal slug fan these days though. I do remember the insanely difficult contra game on ps2 which had some kick ass graphics.

Sado-sama
I lol'd.

Scythe
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Playing the original contra is one of my favorite memories in gaming. Im more of a metal slug fan these days though. I do remember the insanely difficult contra game on ps2 which had some kick ass graphics.

Yeah. Alot of people usually go for Metal Slug these days. Mostly because it's recent and way easier than any Contra title.

And yes, the PS2 Contra had a blink and you die difficulty.

Originally posted by Sado-sama
I lol'd.

At what?

WrathfulDwarf
Playing this game right now. It's a ***** and it keeps kicking my ass again and again. I hate getting kill and run out of lives.

Love it!

Scythe
Completed enough challenges in challenge mode to unlock Contra NES and Super Contra. Holy shit. This game is awesome, and it makes me so mad at times...

WrathfulDwarf
Everytime I run of lives and saves is just too damn #@$#@!!!!

I love it. happy

WrathfulDwarf
I finally made it to Stage 5 - Ocean.

(After one month of playing it on easy)

BackFire
I got it for Christmas, I only played the first level so far (playing other games) but it seems solid and fun.

General Kaliero
I've really been meaning to get this. ermm

WrathfulDwarf
Finish the game on easy...and pretty disappointed.

See, I love how this game threw me back to the days before the saving option. I love how the game kept me fustrated everytime I would get kill. I love the game for many more reasons....but I hate how the game ended in this level.

Yeah, you have to play the game on normal or hard to see the ending. Which I'm fine with that notion. I was just like...okay, this is friggin hard and nearly imposible. Because it's lame how the hardest levels take away the cool guns from you. That sucks! Lame! and practically not fun. Challenging as hell? Yes....fun factor goes away after so much fustration.

A gamer can only take so much...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.