what does the government do for you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wålshy
can you think of how the government has helped you? and you know your views on it (does government suck/not suck) etc.

exanda kane
NHS

Shakyamunison
The government has given me roads.

lord xyz
Originally posted by exanda kane
NHS Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The government has given me roads. My first two thoughts.

lil bitchiness
NHS, Free educations, police, firemen...etc

Wålshy
we pay for those throught taxes

by we i mean my parents

jaden101
my government kills bad brown people in far away lands so that me and my teddy bear can sleep at night and so i can eat at Mcdonalds every day

and my other government lets me have nice new neighbours that i cant speak to cause we cant speak the same language

and my OTHER government talks about things that my other 2 governments do but they dont do anything about it cause the other 2 governments are big fat bully bad boys and keep all the fun stuff to themselves

thats the benefit of being from Scotland

lord xyz

Sadako of Girth
The goverment has covered my ass when I'd been out of work.

But then the government taxes my ass into the gutter when I do work.

The rest of its time is spent lying, spinning and falsifying figures and reports, and taking investments from shadowy companies that seek to have a hand in legislature, getting into illegal invasions pissing the world off against the will of the public, while simultaneousy ensuring that enough of the aggrieved parties are able to threaten us (The objecting public, not them, the nice, safe politians) here.

ragesRemorse
the government brainwashed me.

Sadako of Girth
Also...

Harriot Harrman (SP?) while being implicit in the recent scandal over party funding is so obviously being cut off of the main Party like a gangrenous limb and fed (rightly) to the dogs, but Brown should get it too, as being ultimately responsible for the conduct of the party he leads..

Im sick to the back teeth of the non-accountabilty of the PM in anything that he is responsible for.

Brown thinks that Blair got any with it so he can too, but he lacks a few vital things:

1) The charisma essential to any good conman.
Tony Blair had it (domestically) but Brown SO doesn't.
He really struggles under pressure and is a classic twitching stammerer when the going gets tough and the lies are questioned...
At least B-liar was smooth as Lando in the beginning..

2) The benefit of governing a country that isn't used to "New Labour" spin/bullshit/cronyism/corruption and complacency...

3) The benefit of the doubt as new PM. (See reasons above)

4) Trust on existing issues. Aside from his association with the dark one (B-liar) we are seeing Brown having to reap the kharma of having to explain the economic problems created by his budget manipulation as chancellor of the exchequer. The fact that his trousers are indeliably stained with Tony's post Iraq flavored jizz doesn't help either especially when paired with the dogmatic determination to sell the country to Brussels behind our very backs in the EU constitution debacle...

Actually, fook the government.
smile

Kinneary
The government keeps people like FOTN from killing all white people.

debbiejo
Runs up a huge deficit.

Rogue Jedi
the US government gives me the chance to pay a shitload of taxes.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, for the upkeep and running of your country.

lord xyz
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/3/4/customsig_105934_X8.gif

leonheartmm
the only things the corrupt government has done for me is steal lots from me and make my life miserable.

exanda kane
My government protects me from both the Axis of Evil and Barry Manalowe!

NASA
raises taxes

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah, for the upkeep and running of your country. and creating weapons of mass destruction?

debbiejo
Makes me have to get a passport just to go to Canada.. sad

Doom and Gloom
Government is a necessary evil. Without it corporations would run everything which seems to be the way it's going anyway. As imperfect as it is, I'd much rather live in a world ruled by government law than by corporate policy. Government seems to be the only tool left to keep corporations from turning us all into a bunch of serfs.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by lord xyz

??

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
and creating weapons of mass destruction?

It's up to you to exercise your right to vote, and vote for a candidate whose policy it is to stop making them. If you either don't vote, or vote for someone else - Bush for example, then you have no right to complain.

dadudemon
What the hell is this? Are all of you anarchists? (I see anarchy as evil because humans are not progressed well enough to live peacefully in anarchy/pure communism/law of consecration, etc.)

Government will always be necessary as long as humans are human.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
??

It's up to you to exercise your right to vote, and vote for a candidate whose policy it is to stop making them. If you either don't vote, or vote for someone else - Bush for example, then you have no right to complain. I'm not complaining, just telling it like it is.

ragesRemorse
govament took my tacos mad

Rogue Jedi
The government givee me the oppurtunity to vote for the lesser of two criminals.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Government is a necessary evil. Without it corporations would run everything which seems to be the way it's going anyway. As imperfect as it is, I'd much rather live in a world ruled by government law than by corporate policy. Government seems to be the only tool left to keep corporations from turning us all into a bunch of serfs.

Halliburton. And companies like them. (And Enron before that) two examples of US corporate mammoths that are were totally in bed with the government over there, weren't they...?

Lets face it, the whole Iraq wars have been little other than horrifiyingly expensive (lifewise) enforcements of oil company policy.

Lot of innocent folks dying for those particular profits.

Bardock42
Originally posted by exanda kane
NHS Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The government has given me roads.

Both of that you payed for. You might have better roads and better health care if the government did not steal your money actually.

We have to realize that government doesn't do ANYTHING for us. We pay money so we get something in return, the government itself is nothing more than our tool. OURS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.