Oldies versus The new guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HonkyTonkMan
Mario and Sonic, once rivals, find themselves having to work together to save their tooshes against the team off Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank. Will the Legends of gaming survive, or will they simply become a memory.
MARIO AND SONIC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/technology_enl_1175084658/img/1.jpg

VERSUS

JAK & DAXTER AND RATCHET AND CLANK
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7246/jdvsrcji9.jpg

All characters are in their primes. (Not Star Mario or Gold Sonic though)
Battle takes place at Isle Delfino (Mario Sunshine).
Can the noob virgins to gaming beat Mario and Sonic or wha?

Violent2Dope
Yes, they can.

HonkyTonkMan
...I secretly asked two quetions, were you answering the "whether they'd survive" or to "will the filthy noob virgins to gaming beat them?"

Violent2Dope
They beat them. They have too many weapons(specially Ratchet).

Blax_Hydralisk
Sonic "I move faster then light" Hedgehog alone wins via speedblitz.

Someone get ESB in here.

Violent2Dope
He can do it with one attack, and he gets pierced, blown up, or incinerated before then. Jak's Supernova ftw.

Blax_Hydralisk
Who says Jack will even be able to do anything, even breathe, before he's dead?

Violent2Dope
Because Sonic has to build momentum to start moving for one, and Jak could just go Dark Jak at the start, making him invincible, and then do the Dark Bomb.

Blax_Hydralisk
But even then with needed momentum Sonic could still speed blitz. You are correct in saying that it would take time to get up to lightspeed but even then he could get up to faster then the speed of sound in less the half of the time; point being that lightspeed is just plain effortless overkill, but he can a hundred times slower then that and still speedblitz them both. And complete and total "invincibility" is non-existent. Total invincibility is a game mechanic. Intangibility is the only real form of complete invincibility.

Violent2Dope
Sonic cannot run at lightspeed, only at sound, he goes lightspeed only using the Lightspeed attack. Dark Jak has an aura of highly destructive Dark Eco lightning that blocks attacks and can harm those that get to close.

ESB -1138
Well since HTM only said no Star Mario or ...Gold Sonic (I'm guessing that would be Super Sonic) that doesn't stop the two from using other powers. Let's see we have Fire Mario, Cape Mario, Winged Mario, Bee Mario, Ice Mario, Boo Mario, Spring Mario, Mega Mario, Shell Mario, Hammer Bro Mario, Invisible Mario, or Metal Mario to pick from.

Where as Sonic has his Darkspine form as well as Lightspeed Attack, Speed Break, Time Break, Chaos Control, Sonic Wind, Blue Tornado, Fire Spin, Magical Hands (used in Sonic Adventure 2 to turn enemies into small orbs), Homing Attack, Spin Dash, and of course his trademark speed.

Jak and Ratchet have a ton of weaponry but they can't win here. We have seen Mario survive direct attacks from lightning before and Metal Mario just walks right through it. Sonic's Lightning Shield makes him immune to attacks such as that. Darkspine Sonic would speed blitz him with a speed break attack (able to hit top speed within half a second) and do what he did to Alf Layla wa Layla (Erazor Djinn's transformed state).

Mario and Sonic win this battle! Too bad most of Isle Delfino will end up in total ruin.

Wandering Flame
Oldies get pwned quite obviously. haermm

Ozone
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Mario and Sonic win this battle! Too bad most of Isle Delfino will end up in total ruin.

Agreed.

Sonic and Mario have a bunch of power-ups at their disposal, and would overwhelm the other team.

Furion
Mario can't do squat, he's blown to pieces leaving a piece of his hat left. Sonic is the only one who can deal with them and Jak goes into Light Jak mode, slows down time so sonic can't do that crap on him and blows his head in with the rpg.

Wandering Flame
I agree Mario would get obliterated in this fight. Imagining him against these guys is just laughable.

Terryc250
lightspeed or soundspeed, doesnt matter.. either is too fast for the four to react

Furion
Originally posted by Terryc250
lightspeed or soundspeed, doesnt matter.. either is too fast for the four to react
In Jak 3, Jak can make EVERYTHING go super slow, so it doesn't matter how fast Sonic can go, Jak can make him go normal speed and just shoot the bugger with his grenade launcher.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Furion
In Jak 3, Jak can make EVERYTHING go super slow, so it doesn't matter how fast Sonic can go, Jak can make him go normal speed and just shoot the bugger with his grenade launcher.

Sonic can stop time (Chaos Control). Stopping time > slowing down everything

Sonic can also slow down time (Time Break) and teleport (Chaos Control).

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
I agree Mario would get obliterated in this fight. Imagining him against these guys is just laughable.

No he wouldn't. Metal Mario would laugh at their attempts to try to harm him or he just simply becomes Rainbow Mario.

Furion
Shadow had Chaos Control, i've never seen Sonic do it.
MArio wouldn't have a chance to find a powerup, Jak and Ratchet would blow Mario away

Neo Darkhalen
Mario and Sonic.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Furion
Shadow had Chaos Control, i've never seen Sonic do it.
MArio wouldn't have a chance to find a powerup, Jak and Ratchet would blow Mario away

Then you never played Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). And Sonic would teleport Mario to a power-up before Jak or Ratchet would have a chance to do anything.

Quincy
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Then you never played Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). And Sonic would teleport Mario to a power-up before Jak or Ratchet would have a chance to do anything.

can you provide proof that Sonic uses Chaos Control? Otherwise, his speed is nullified by Light Jak's slow time mode.

Not to mention all Ratchet has to do is toss a groovitron, and both Mario and Sonic are immobilized with the power of dance. Then Ratchet and Jak have a contest seeing which of their guns can splatter hedgehogs and italians more.

ScreamPaste
... The time slowing doesn't seem to be nearly effective enough to help him against Sonic.

I'm in awe here, I actually agree with Terry. laughing

Sonic runs in circles around the four of them creating a tornado, which ragdolls them until Mario drops a castle on them

Quincy
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
... The time slowing doesn't seem to be nearly effective enough to help him against Sonic.

...?

Quincy
Team New > Team Old

ScreamPaste
How? Mario's stronger and more durable than both of them, and Sonic can move faster than their eyes can follow.

What're they gonna do, shoot Mario? He lifted a castle.

Voyeur
does sonic get to be blue? if so he wins. I mean, blue things are always godly.

Quincy
How? Mario's stronger and more durable than both of them, and Sonic can move faster than their eyes can follow.

What're they gonna do, shoot Mario? He lifted a castle.

Sonic builds up speed. He couldn't blitz Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, AND Clank before any of them can do anything.

If Ratchet is allowed all his weapons, then he can solo this shit.

I'd like to see Mario survive a shot from the Mini-Nuke.

And I can't see Mario and Sonic surviving being sucked into a black hole, courtesy of Ratchets Omega Rift Ripper. It fires a black hole that also fires lightning at any other enemies.

And Ratchet is capable of an ABSOLUTE DEFENSE. When he uses his Titan Repulsor Field, or Ultra Shield Glove - which reflects any energy based attack, as well as sucks the life force out of any enemies and upping Ratchet's health.

Voyeur
Originally posted by Quincy
Sonic builds up speed. He couldn't blitz Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, AND Clank before any of them can do anything.

If Ratchet is allowed all his weapons, then he can solo this shit.

I'd like to see Mario survive a shot from the Mini-Nuke.

And I can't see Mario and Sonic surviving being sucked into a black hole, courtesy of Ratchets Omega Rift Ripper. It fires a black hole that also fires lightning at any other enemies.

And Ratchet is capable of an ABSOLUTE DEFENSE. When he uses his Titan Repulsor Field, or Ultra Shield Glove - which reflects any energy based attack, as well as sucks the life force out of any enemies and upping Ratchet's health. but they're not blue, so they loose.

ScreamPaste
Ratchet would have to land a hit, he'd never hit Sonic and Mario could cape that back at him.

Sonic could blitz them regardless of having to build up speed, because once he's at that speed, they'll never stop him. Bullets/rockets won't do a damn thing to Mario who can hold a castle over his head, and the mini-nuke would probably send him into the air, only for him to land boots down on one of their heads.

King-Fingolfin
Light Jak Time Slow FTW. 131

Quincy
Ratchet would have to land a hit, he'd never hit Sonic and Mario could cape that back at him.

Sonic could blitz them regardless of having to build up speed, because once he's at that speed, they'll never stop him. Bullets/rockets won't do a damn thing to Mario who can hold a castle over his head, and the mini-nuke would probably send him into the air, only for him to land boots down on one of their heads.

If only Ratchet had a gadget that would could hinder Sonic's movements....

Oh wait - he does. One toss with his acid bomb glove and it surrounds the whole area with corrosive acid. Sonic will have fun running around through that.

Then it's just a quick trigger from the Omega Rift Ripper ( thats a black hole shooter ) for the win.

Not to mention JAK'S own arsenal of power.

Jak can fire his Mass Inverter on his morph gun, causing a gravity shift that makes all his enemies float helplessly in the air.

Then he'll unleash the peace-maker. Or just fire an immense blast as he turns into Dark Jak.

BAM BABY

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Quincy
If only Ratchet had a gadget that would could hinder Sonic's movements....

Oh wait - he does. One toss with his acid bomb glove and it surrounds the whole area with corrosive acid. Sonic will have fun running around through that.

Then it's just a quick trigger from the Omega Rift Ripper ( thats a black hole shooter ) for the win.

Not to mention JAK'S own arsenal of power.

Jak can fire his Mass Inverter on his morph gun, causing a gravity shift that makes all his enemies float helplessly in the air.

Then he'll unleash the peace-maker. Or just fire an immense blast as he turns into Dark Jak.

BAM BABY

See the part where Sonic can literally wait for the acid to almost be touching him, then be behind Jak before he notices Sonic's not burning. . Then, gingerly insert a few quills into Jak's tender backside =P

Mario can cap teh rift thinger, and shooting actual black holes is problematic, as that'd eventually destroy the entire planet, voids are different, the physics involved are not nearly as extreme. It'd never even hit Sonic anyway.

Also, Sonic and Mario can both survive in space, Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank.. Let's see them do that? Sonic kicks them to Mario, one at a time, and he tosses them through the atmosphere. Even if they survive the burn from that, they die in space.

MooCowofJustice
Mario and Sonic got this. Mario throws Bowser around in 64 and can do a simple spin attack to send Bowser sliding across a planet in Galaxy. I don't know how much Bowser weighs, but he's huge.

Not to mention this topic grants him Boo Mario, making anything Ratchet can fire go right through him.

Sonic is super fast. That makes it really east to dodge pretty much everything Ratchet has.

Quincy
See the part where Sonic can literally wait for the acid to almost be touching him, then be behind Jak before he notices Sonic's not burning. . Then, gingerly insert a few quills into Jak's tender backside =P

I can't quite understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that Sonic wouldn't be hurt by acid by jumping over it?

Right dude, Ratchet doesn't make "acid puddles" he ****ing sprays that shit all over. Sonic can't come into contact with any of them. Plus, it's tough for Sonic to go "super fast" when Jak uses his powers to SLOW DOWN TIME.

Mario can cap teh rift thinger, and shooting actual black holes is problematic, as that'd eventually destroy the entire planet, voids are different, the physics involved are not nearly as extreme. It'd never even hit Sonic anyway.

Eh...what? He can cap a vortex rift? Do you mean cape? Like, reflect it back?

It's not a solid object man.

Also, Sonic and Mario can both survive in space, Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank.. Let's see them do that? Sonic kicks them to Mario, one at a time, and he tosses them through the atmosphere. Even if they survive the burn from that, they die in space.

I've never seen Mario throw somebody into space. And regardless, even if he tossed them high enough, they can FLY.

Who's to say they don't fight the whole match in the air, leaving Mario and Sonic down on the ground waving up at them.

Then Jak and Ratchet proceed to rape them violently with missiles and lasers and guns that transform them into penguins.

ScreamPaste
I'm saying Sonic's too fast for any amount of acidic spray to touch him, and slowing down time, in this case, simply isn't enough unless they can slow it down alot, as none of the four have feats that suggest super human reaction time. You said "Oh wait - he does. One toss with his acid bomb glove and it surrounds the whole area with corrosive acid. Sonic will have fun running around through that.", Sonic can jump. -.O

I don't see how this applies to the cape. The rifter obviously has momentum, which the cape simply reverses.

Mario can lift a castle over his head, throwing any of them into space would be easy, and after being thrown that hard, if they somehow generated enough force to reverse their own momentum, the G's would crush them into paste.

Edit: I've changed my argument, Mario simply throws a bunch of pebbles/apples/buttons/tanks/Sonic at them. Once thrown, Sonic ricochets off of each of them, using the skills he learned in Sonic Pinball, killing them instantly.

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin

uhuh

Quincy
I'm saying Sonic's too fast for any amount of acidic spray to touch him, and slowing down time, in this case, simply isn't enough unless they can slow it down alot, as none of the four have feats that suggest super human reaction time. You said "Oh wait - he does. One toss with his acid bomb glove and it surrounds the whole area with corrosive acid. Sonic will have fun running around through that.", Sonic can jump. -.O

Okay...Sonic can jump. Sweet.

How far can he jump?

And how is "slowing down time not enough" when the basis of your argument is that "Sonic is wicked fast!"

Jak Slows down time nullifies Sonic's speed.

New guys win.

I don't see how this applies to the cape. The rifter obviously has momentum, which the cape simply reverses.

Then Ratchet doesn't have to fire the rift directly at him. It'll still pull him into it. Lets say he fires it a yard to Mario's left.

New Guys Win.

Mario can lift a castle over his head, throwing any of them into space would be easy, and after being thrown that hard, if they somehow generated enough force to reverse their own momentum, the G's would crush them into paste.

I would like to see Mario get anywhere near the 4 of them before Jak pulls the trigger on his morph gun to change gravity.

Meanwhile Ratchet is firing off the Harbinger, and laying out a bunch of Repulsor fields and Tesla Barriers.

Oh and they are doing all this while flying.

New guys WIN.

Edit: I've changed my argument, Mario simply throws a bunch of pebbles/apples/buttons/tanks/Sonic at them. Once thrown, Sonic ricochets off of each of them, using the skills he learned in Sonic Pinball, killing them instantly.

See previous strategy.

Originally posted by King-Fingolfin

This guy knows whats up.

ScreamPaste
How much do you think a castle weighs? I'll math how fast Mario can throw Sonic at them. No amount of time slowing, short of maybe freezing, will save them. Distance isn't an issue, Mario can throw Sonic as far as he needs to.

Quincy
How much do you think a castle weighs?

Okay Mario is strong. I haven't disagreed with you on that.

I'll math how fast Mario can throw Sonic at them. No amount of time slowing, short of maybe freezing, will save them. Distance isn't an issue, Mario can throw Sonic as far as he needs to.

You do know that when Jak Slows down time, he isn't slowing it down by a second. He's slowing it WAYYYYY DOWN!

Even on the slight chance that sonic isn't moving like molasses, he STILL would only be moving as fast a normal person would, leaving Ratchet and Clank to own the **** out of them.

As far as Mario throwing Sonic to clear the distance, Ratchet would have already put up a giant defensive shield, meanwhile JAK RUINS GRAVITY and Mario and Sonic just float around.

How are you not getting that?

And let's say Mario DID throw Sonic at ALL FOUR people at once, they can be airborne. Sonic would be thrown in a straight line, while Jak and Ratchet are gliding around elegantly.

And blasting the blue hedgehog to mush.

General Kaliero
For the record, nullifying gravity does not nullify momentum or acceleration. It simply removes the attractive force of other masses. And both Mario and Sonic have plenty of experience moving around in zero-gravity conditions.

So the "changing gravity" argument is void.

Quincy
Nullifying gravity is a bad way to put it.

It's a mass inverter, causing any enemies to Jak to be thrown into the air and float around helplessly. It doesn't remove gravity from an area.

ScreamPaste
That's just a fancy way of saying 'it causes 0 gravity, but game mechanics do not portray accurate physics.'. In which case Sonic can pretty much fly in space, and Mario can use the flight from Galaxy, problem solvent.

Btw, both are extremely durable, so team two isn't 'splattering' them.

Quincy
That's just a fancy way of saying 'it causes 0 gravity, but game mechanics do not portray accurate physics.'.

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.