Superman, Wonder Woman, GL, Captain Marvel VS. Sentry, Silver Surfer, Thor, Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
OK folks, thought this would be a cool fight...

In one corner he have four big guns from DC....

Superman
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

And in the other corner, he have four major guns from Marvel...

Silver Surfer
Thor (current)
Sentry
Gladiator

The setting for our battle is a deserted and desolate planet earth...with only our eight combatants on the entire planet....

It's kill or be killed here, so no holding back for our heroes....

....so without further adiou, let the carnage ensue.......

Erik-Lensherr
Solos erm

Even if you are reffering to Captain Marvel pre having Shazam's powers team 1 still takes it.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Solos erm

Even if you are reffering to Captain Marvel pre having Shazam's powers team 1 still takes it.

Yes, sorry for not specifying that...but yes, this is PRE-Captain Marvel having Shazam's powers. so sorry 'bout that.......

....now with that said......

quanchi112
Team 2 wins this.

Soljer
Team one.

Gecko4lif
team 1

Mr. Slippyfist
Superman breaks Sentry.

Surfer flays off WW's skin.

Thor vs Hal could go either way... IMO.

Captain Marvel crushes Gladiator's heart... if he's bloodlusted...

Smells like DC wins...

jrodslam
Team 1.

Sirius77
team one.

iceman24567
What Shazam level things has Captian Marvel done yet? Dc still wins this.

hamboy
Surfer solos. The guy is the fastest one on the feild, and has funky matter manipulation powers. Everyone here is top teir. apart from Surfer, who is at high herald level. As much as Supes and Capt. Marvel are my favourites here, they are not at that level.

jrodslam
Originally posted by hamboy
Surfer solos. The guy is the fastest one on the feild, and has funky matter manipulation powers. Everyone here is top teir. apart from Surfer, who is at high herald level. As much as Supes and Capt. Marvel are my favourites here, they are not at that level.

i dont think Marvel can be affected my matter manipulation, Secondly, Lantern has the matter manipulation ability as well. Surfer may possibly be the fastest flyer if this were a race, but combat speed is another story.

Soljer
Originally posted by hamboy

Everyone on team one besides the Lantern have better combat speed, and the lantern has just as much power and versatility.

Hal versus the Surfer is pretty much a push - but Superman would have already stopped the Sentry, and Hal and Kal versus Norrin is a stomp in the Kryptonian and the Lantern's favor.

carver9
Thor, silver, gladiator, or sentry, I give a majority over superman, captain marvel is a different story though. I still give it to the marvel team and thats due to silver surfer and thor, to much raw power. They could conjour up things that would keep team one busy while the bricks lay waste to them. Gladiator speed>anyone on team 1 side.

Comicbook_kid
ok...good comments so far......

How 'bout the rest of you? What say you??

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Superman breaks Sentry.

Surfer flays off WW's skin.

Thor vs Hal could go either way... IMO.

Captain Marvel crushes Gladiator's heart... if he's bloodlusted...

Smells like DC wins...

Mindset
Really it depends on who fights who.

SS v. Supes-- Surfer wins

Glads v. WW-- Not sure, could go either way

Thor v. GL-- Depending on version it's pretty even

CM v. Sentry-- CM wins

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Really it depends on who fights who.

SS v. Supes-- Surfer wins

Glads v. WW-- Not sure, could go either way

Thor v. GL-- Depending on version it's pretty even

CM v. Sentry-- CM wins

........................................................................................................

I'm not too sure about your analogy of this fight. This is how I see it.

Glads vs Superman... Stalemate!

Gladiator is Superman, he can do anything that Superman can do including move objects that would fall apart under their own weight. The only thing that sets them apart is Gladiator's attitude. Despite popular belief Superman does not have the one thing that Thor does, and thats Mjolnir, it was Thors weapon that stopped Gladiator from winning a majority. Superman will not be given this luxury.

SS vs WW... SS Wins

I can't see how Wonder Woman wins here, SS has too many things to beat her with, and was able to resist Mephisto's will in hell. The Lasso could prove useless. But to make this even, if WW lassos SS she might/should/could win it all depends on if Norrin can actually fight the will of the lasso. On the flip side what would happen if SS trapped her in his board?

Thor vs CM... Thor wins.

I can see the Dread Destroyer punching CM into the pavement, and relentlessly giving him the beating that it used to give Thor. Thor just got a healthy upgrade. He lifted Asgard mystically, and how much does any want to guess Asgard weighs? A few hundred quintillion tons or more? CM isn't going to be hitting Thor with more than The Destroyer did, and Thor defeated it.

Sentry vs Hal...

This one is tricky I'm pulling for Sentry on this one because I don't see how Hal is blasting him with more power than Terrax did, and Sentry treated Terrax's blasts like they were rain drops. Could he rupture Hals light contructs? I'm pretty sure, that he has the power to do so.

Mindset
Like I said, it depends on who fights whom

Bouboumaster
6/10 to team 2. In fact, it depends of who fight who, but Marvel have a matter manipulator of great power, and on the other side, there is Superman, so...

Bouboumaster
I decide to change my mind: 7/10 to Marvel. Sentry have proven that he's a beast, against WW friggin' Hulk. Plus, Surfer is unbeatable by anyone of team 1 in one-on-one.

quanchi112
Team 2 wins this all day.

ultimatethor
Team 2 in a romp. Surfer is way too fast for anyone on the opposing team. And yes surfer does have nanosecond reaxtion times he has proved this time and time again. He usually speed bblitzs starships moving at far faster than light speeds. Wonderwoman would be dead before she blinks. An all out sentry could at least keep up with superman(if not beat him) long enough for the surfer to come along and help . Thor takes out captain marvel any day of the week and gladiator ( who=superman) can keep gl busy long enough for the surfer to come along to double team and easily overcome gl. Wonderwoman is not versatile enough for this fight and is much slower than evryone here except thor who would still take her out anyway

janus77
Team 2, Surfer's too powerful and could easily harmonise his PC with Thor's Mjolnir to create an unbeatable offensive force of both godly magic and cosmic power.

on top of that Sentry and Gladiator could run interference enough to cover for whatever lack of speed Thor has in this group.

Newjak
I say Team one.

Sentry is the weak link. Sorry but besides defeating a few jobbers he hasn't proved to be Superman, or anyone on team 2s equal just yet.

His fight with the Hulk was kind of impressive seeing how Hulk was rocking the entire Eastern Seaboard with a stomp just after that.

But Team one is Hulk plus. Sentry hasn't proven overall he can take anyone on Team one Solo.

But of course after that I say the next weakest link is Wonder Woman. Everyone on Team 2, except Sentry, can beat her one on one for the majority. Including Glads.

And it is true that Teams 2 does possess the most versatility thanks to Surfer and Thor.

Still I think Sentry will fall the fastest and that gives team one a possible two on one advantage and that isn't good.

BobbyD
It's a good thread, and a fight I paid to watch....from a distance, of course.

wink

I think a lot of people are underestimating Diana and what the lasso can do to any opponent on Team Marvel.

Bardock42
GLs are pretty versatile.

ultimatethor
Surfer and thor have got way too much willpower for dianas lasso and sentry and gladiator are way too fast for her too even put it on them

iceman24567
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Surfer and thor have got way too much willpower for dianas lasso and sentry and gladiator are way too fast for her too even put it on them You know she caught the Flash with it i doubt they are faster than Wally.

llagrok
Originally posted by iceman24567
You know she caught the Flash with it i doubt they are faster than Wally.

Did she catch Flash while he was running at FTL speeds? I doubt it would work too well Thor, but the rest would probably yield.

This match depends on who fights who.

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
Everyone on team one besides the Lantern have better combat speed, and the lantern has just as much power and versatility.

Hal versus the Surfer is pretty much a push - but Superman would have already stopped the Sentry, and Hal and Kal versus Norrin is a stomp in the Kryptonian and the Lantern's favor.

totally agree... team 1 ftw...

Juntai
Originally posted by llagrok
Did she catch Flash while he was running at FTL speeds? I doubt it would work too well Thor, but the rest would probably yield.

This match depends on who fights who. She caught Jesse Quick while she was. smile

ultimatethor
You know she caught the Flash with it i doubt they are faster than Wally.

No way the flash was moving at FTL speeds when she caught him as she would not even be able to see him

llagrok
Originally posted by Juntai
She caught Jesse Quick while she was. smile

Who's able to maintain her super speed for what, 20 seconds?

pr1983
No way the flash was moving at FTL speeds when she caught him as she would not even be able to see him

where's nvr or draco when you need em... stick out tongue

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by pr1983 where's nvr or draco when you need em... stick out tongue

sad

llagrok
Originally posted by pr1983
where's nvr or draco when you need em... stick out tongue

Ya'll banned Nvr, so you can't really blame him for not being here eek!

Wonderwoman was somehow able to catch Zoom with her lasso as well though, so I suppose she would be capable of catching someone on team 2, assuming she's able to try.

pr1983
Ya'll banned Nvr, so you can't really blame him for not being here eek!

Wonderwoman was somehow able to catch Zoom with her lasso as well though, so I suppose she would be capable of catching someone on team 2, assuming she's able to try.

sometimes i wish he was here... sad

llagrok
I don't care that much.

Just ban FearofBlood as well.

iceman24567

This match depends on who fights who. I remember her telling him to slow down not sure how fast he was moving but the Jesse Quick feat is proof enough moving at the very least 2 times light speed she got the lasso over her. Plus Diana does have crazy reflexes she would be able to counter their speed.

llagrok
I remember her telling him to slow down not sure how fast he was moving but the Jesse Quick feat is proof enough moving at the very least 2 times light speed she got the lasso over her. Plus Diana does have crazy reflexes she would be able to counter their speed.

Diana can counter with her own speed.

I just don't believe that the Lasso is a very good solution against the Silver Surfer or Thor.

Juntai
Who's able to maintain her super speed for what, 20 seconds? Depends when you're talking about. She's went through stages as a character.

Where's Draco when you need him?

Originally posted by Draco69
There's been many numerous indications of her superspeed (why is WW the ONLY DC powerhouse that people doubt her speed? I mean...)

Here Jay Garrick, Superman, the Flash and WW speedblitz Surtur at the near-lightspeed superspeeds required to make a blackhole:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7748/vicevirtuevssurtur7tp.jpg

Here Jesse Quick breaks the dimensional barrier to reach the Speed Force THAN states the Speed Formula that TRIPLES any Speed Forcer's acceleration (Flash stated it to match Zoom).

WW follows Jesse Quick by manually breaking the dimensional barrier and reaching the Speed Force:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1624/wwropesjessie19hj.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6672/wwropesjessie25fd.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6950/wwropesjessie35ra.jpg

The ONLY way to reach the barrier of the Speed Force is to reach lightspeed and transcend it. Like Jesse Quick and yes, Wonder Woman did above.

WW's speed is going to be a HUGE factor in this battle.

Luckily all the debators leave a little of themselves behind with every post.

pr1983
I don't care that much.

Just ban FearofBlood as well.

no expression yes mister mod master, i'll get right to it... stick out tongue

SumOfAllFear
team one ftw they would fight better as a team

Lil Buddy
Team 1 I think.

Sentry's the weak link.

llagrok
Originally posted by pr1983
no expression yes mister mod master, i'll get right to it... stick out tongue

Good uhuh

Originally posted by SumOfAllFear
team one ftw they would fight better as a team

That pretty much sums it up.

Aztec123
Superman vs Thor = Clark
Wonder Woman vs Sentry = Diana
Captain Marvel vs Gladiator = Marvel
Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer = either way

Team Dc

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Juntai
Depends when you're talking about. She's went through stages as a character.

Where's Draco when you need him?

Luckily all the debators leave a little of themselves behind with every post.

Could someone tell me what issues these are taken from? Thanks...

Gecko4lif
Glads v. Supes- This is like a pea shooter fighting a 36 pound cannon
Glads is just supes light. Everything he can do ssupes can do better. Alot better.

SS v. WW- This is a bad match up for ss. He could take 3 possibly 4 out of 10 but he just doesnt have what it takes to take the majority

Thor v. GL- Depends on the thor and the gl. Thor should take a majority thou

CM v. Sentry- Not even a fight

Sentry literally has nothing that can hurt him. Specter couldnt even put him down.

Mindset
No Gecko

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Aztec123
Superman vs Thor = Clark
Wonder Woman vs Sentry = Diana
Captain Marvel vs Gladiator = Marvel
Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer = either way

Team Dc

laughing

You got all of the match ups right...

If it was opposite day.

The real story is Team 2 in a stomp.

Bouboumaster
Superman vs Sentry: Statlemate
Wonder Woman vs Thor: Thor pound her to the ground
GL vs Surfer: Surfer, unless it's Hal Jordan. In that case, they are statlemating.
Marvel vs Gladiator: Marvel

Sups vs Sentry and Thor: Marvel
Marvel and GL vs SS: DC

Marvel vs Thor: Thor
GL vs Sentry: GL

GL vs Thor: Thor.

Team 2

I'm a fair guy, I haven't put Surfer against Sups.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Tony Stark
laughing

If it was opposite day.

The real story is Team 2 in a stomp. I agree with this. Thor is much more than he was before. The same goes for Surfer. Captain Marvel is limited to his classic state and I never saw GL Hal as a real match for the classic Surfer. Not only that, but Hal seems to have shown limits to the amount of power his ring can dish out (unless this has changed since GLC/Sinestro War), so I don't see how anyone on team 1 can match current Thor or Surfer.

As others have said, Sentry probably is the weak link on team 2, but it won't really matter. Team 2 still takes it.

Doctor-Alvis
Hmm... tactics could really change the tides of this battle but that would require them being in character so it can't be said "Yeah, well, this team can do that too."

Gecko4lif
No Gecko
Yes, guy ive never heard of

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Superman vs Sentry: Statlemate
Wonder Woman vs Thor: Thor pound her to the ground
GL vs Surfer: Surfer, unless it's Hal Jordan. In that case, they are statlemating.
Marvel vs Gladiator: Marvel

Sups vs Sentry and Thor: Marvel
Marvel and GL vs SS: DC

Marvel vs Thor: Thor
GL vs Sentry: GL

GL vs Thor: Thor.

Team 2

I'm a fair guy, I haven't put Surfer against Sups.

You gave sentry a STALEMATE against supes... wow fanboy much?

horrorwolf
Team 2 in a romp. Surfer is way too fast for anyone on the opposing team. And yes surfer does have nanosecond reaxtion times he has proved this time and time again. He usually speed bblitzs starships moving at far faster than light speeds. Wonderwoman would be dead before she blinks. An all out sentry could at least keep up with superman(if not beat him) long enough for the surfer to come along and help . Thor takes out captain marvel any day of the week and gladiator ( who=superman) can keep gl busy long enough for the surfer to come along to double team and easily overcome gl. Wonderwoman is not versatile enough for this fight and is much slower than evryone here except thor who would still take her out anyway

thumbsup

Captain Marvel is team 1's greatest asset versus team 2. Due to Surfer being present Superman is the biggest liability. I see Surfer taking Supes out 1st as he would be the biggest threat.

If team 1 can keep the following 1v1 matchups from occuring:

keep Superman away from Silver Surfer.
keep Wonderwoman away from Thor.
keep GL from going toe to toe with Sentry.

Then team 1 would have chances to pull this off for the majority....otherwise its Team 2 in an inevitable and very uneven curbstomp.

llagrok
Team 1 has been fighting together for years.

Mindset
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Yes, guy ive never heard of

You gave sentry a STALEMATE against supes... wow fanboy much?

You think WW would beat SS and tried to use the Spectre vs. CM to show CM's power when magic from the magic users on Earth was being channeled to him, thus giving him a major boost in power.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Juntai
You think WW would beat SS and tried to use the Spectre vs. CM to show CM's power when magic from the magic users on Earth was being channeled to him, thus giving him a major boost in power.

You don't know what you're talking about. It was more than just Earth, and even pantheons and characters like Phantom Stranger were included in it.

CaptainStoic
Team 1 has been fighting together for years.

Good point, this is the only reason that team one could pull out a few wins, but a majority?

Juntai
It all depends on the matchups. You can match them up to give either team the win. But as noted, team 1 has been fighting together for a long time, and will likely be deciding the matchups as a result.

Gecko4lif

You don't know what you're talking about.
Im talking about before the boost retard.

They were fighting for a good little bit and cap was manging to stay alive regardless of the "huge" gap in power between them

Aztec123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
laughing

If it was opposite day.

The real story is Team 2 in a stomp.

Care to explain how team 2 wins in a stomp?
I'm just curious, because you gave a great argument!!!!

MightyEInherjar
I think either way, regardless the match-ups, Team 2 still comes out on top in this fight. The way I figure it:

Silver Surfer vs Hal Jordan: The two have met before (even if out of continuity, they still might "remember"wink and would like single each other out. I think this fight leans to Surfer for his slight durability edge. Even if they kick the crap out of each other and 'stalemate,' I still see Surfer recovering faster.

Superman vs Thor: Again, they might "remember" each other, and single each other out. It's my own opinion that Thor takes this fight, but to each their own.

Gladiator vs Wonder Woman: I could see Kallark going for WW as she's the 'easier target' in his mind, only to get his confidence demolished when "a mere woman" is cleaning his clock just as well as Thor has. WW wins.

Sentry vs Captain Marvel: IMO, they just match up to fight because everyone already is fighting someone else. Can't see Sentry taking this, but I don't think he gets bulldozed.

That leaves Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman vs Thor and Silver Surfer.

I could see Thor taking Wonder Woman out most of the time, but if he matches up against CM, I'm betting he loses. Surfer could really take either of them. Either way, it ends up with Team 2 on top, Surfer being the deciding factor.

- On a side note, couldn't Surfer play "healer" in this little fight, and revive his comrades or give them a boost in the middle of the fight? He could always drain Superman fast, and give a fly-by "heal" to the rest of the team, maybe boosting Gladiator's confidence up to the point where he could go a few more rounds with whoever he's fighting. Just a thought.

psycho gundam
matchups?! this is a streetfight......and thor brought a norse war hammer that shits lightning ....team two all day

psycho gundam
surfer is the one to look out for

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.