Mon-El w Ion power vs Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parallex
I think it would be like a stronger more experienced Sodom Yat againist prime.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Parallex
I think it would be like a stronger more experienced Sodom Yat againist prime. With less experience with the a GL ring, or anything of the sorts...

Val
He'd do even worse than Yat (if that's possible).

Parallex
Mon-El was a science officer, and a very intelligent and clever guy. Basically a very quick study, much more so than a rampaging Prime. He also understood his own powers very well which were ( please research , I'll try to post some things I've read also) identical to Supermans which would even things out a bit, add some working knowledge of the Ion power and you've got a serious dude standing in front of Prime. I should have mentioned I'm thinking PC Mon-El which was just stupid powerful. Thanks.

Mr.Biscuits
Mon-El was a science officer, and a very intelligent and clever guy. Basically a very quick study, much more so than a rampaging Prime. He also understood his own powers very well which were ( please research , I'll try to post some things I've read also) identical to Supermans which would even things out a bit, add some working knowledge of the Ion power and you've got a serious dude standing in front of Prime. I should have mentioned I'm thinking PC Mon-El which was just stupid powerful. Thanks.
But Mon-el has no knowledge of the Ion power...no expression
Or even Green Lantern's power,and that's what the match would come down to.

Val
Why would Mon-El have any knowledge on how to use the Ion power?

But since this is PC Mon-El he'd probably win anyway.

Parallex
Originally posted by Val
He'd do even worse than Yat (if that's possible).
All due respect , I think that the fact that Superman prime was pounding on Yat repeatedly without near as much damage to yat as I've seen to others is kinda of a testament that Yat is on another level. Prime would have killed another being after a couple of shots. I seem to remember body parts flying when prime hit folks. I also don't recall him accessing the Ion power ( I could be wrong ) much if at all in any meaningful way in their battle. I don't think Yat is a punk by a long shot. I don't think I can recall anyone going head to head with him like that and still being here. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Mon-El is on a different level than Yat. That is respectfully just my opinion.

Mr. Slippyfist
All due respect , I think that the fact that Superman prime was pounding on Yat repeatedly without near as much damage to yat as I've seen to others is kinda of a testament that Yat is on another level. Prime would have killed another being after a couple of shots. I seem to remember body parts flying when prime hit folks. I also don't recall him accessing the Ion power ( I could be wrong ) much if at all in any meaningful way in their battle. I don't think Yat is a punk by a long shot. I don't think I can recall anyone going head to head with him like that and still being here. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Mon-El is on a different level than Yat. That is respectfully just my opinion. Mon-El=Daxamite (good one, with good feats)
Yat=Daxamite

Prime punching off people's digits=<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Daxamites.

Mon-El would be pretty much as durable as Yat, without as much experience as a GL.
He'd do terrible.

Val
All due respect , I think that the fact that Superman prime was pounding on Yat repeatedly without near as much damage to yat as I've seen to others is kinda of a testament that Yat is on another level. Prime would have killed another being after a couple of shots. I seem to remember body parts flying when prime hit folks. I also don't recall him accessing the Ion power ( I could be wrong ) much if at all in any meaningful way in their battle. I don't think Yat is a punk by a long shot. I don't think I can recall anyone going head to head with him like that and still being here. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Mon-El is on a different level than Yat. That is respectfully just my opinion.
I don't get it. I should give Yat credit for not getting his head knocked off?

Umm, congrats I guess but that was still SBP's most lopsided fight yet. Conner did better than Yat.

Parallex
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Mon-El=Daxamite (good one, with good feats)
Yat=Daxamite

Prime punching off people's digits=<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Daxamites.

Mon-El would be pretty much as durable as Yat, without as much experience as a GL.
He'd do terrible.
I'm sorry but again I'd have to respectfully disagree with Yat being being anywhere near as durable as a PC Mon-El even with a GL ring. Now give that same ring to a PC Mon-El and you have something quite impressive even if he only had the ring for a couple of days. I'm 50 years old and own a lot of the early 60's comics featuring Mon-El, He was basically PC superman wearing a red outfit. Aside from the lead thing that is.My son who is also DEEP into this comic book thing ( guess it's in the blood ha ha) debated with me about this topic and I think after reading some of my older books agreed that as a gentleman here mentioned earlier a PC mon-El would not even need the ring.But I'm here to be enlightened so please correct me .

Mr. Slippyfist
I'm sorry but again I'd have to respectfully disagree with Yat being being anywhere near as durable as a PC Mon-El even with a GL ring. Now give that same ring to a PC Mon-El and you have something quite impressive even if he only had the ring for a couple of days. I'm 50 years old and own a lot of the early 60's comics featuring Mon-El, He was basically PC superman wearing a red outfit. Aside from the lead thing that is.My son who is also DEEP into this comic book thing ( guess it's in the blood ha ha) debated with me about this topic and I think after reading some of my older books agreed that as a gentleman here mentioned earlier a PC mon-El would not even need the ring.But I'm here to be enlightened so please correct me . Didn't read PC Mon-El. smile

Although, he would still suck with a GL ring, and with the Ion power (Yat would be better than him with it)... so I don't see what it adds.

Parallex
Originally posted by Val
I don't get it. I should give Yat credit for not getting his head knocked off?

Umm, congrats I guess but that was still SBP's most lopsided fight yet. Conner did better than Yat.

No sir , I never implied that you should do that. I simply stating that even using your example of Conner he sustained a far more brutal beating and did survive which Conner did not. So perhaps in retrospect maybe he does deserve credit for as you say " not getting his head knocked off", since as I stated his " staying power "has surpassed anyones that has fought toe to toe with prime in such a manner and survived. Again I fail to see how Conner did better than Yat with the end result being his death. I'm open to your input as how is getting killed a better showing? Please explain.

Val
Conner got killed by an exploding Tower, not Prime.

I'm just wondering why you're implying that Yat getting a beat down is impressive.

Parallex
Once again Sir , I'm not making that implication,I AM however saying that to survive such a beating from Prime is impressive and would have to demostrate a higher level of durability than anyone else he's faced . Taking that into consideration if Yat who really does'nt even understand his own culture as it relates to his natural abilities as seen in his fight with Prime could survive a beat down like that , logic kinda dictates that Mon-el being well aware of his Daxamite powers and how and what to do with them would be a bit to much for Prime and as I think of it I don't think the ring would be a factor. Please allow me to thank you for your input and please know that you are offering interesting food for thought.

Val
no expression

Parallex
Originally posted by Val
no expression
It was a compliment to you and your respectful input and knowledge. Sometimes I've seen folks get rude when debating a point as opposed to being a couple of gentlemen sharing and exchanging different viewpoints. No big deal. I'm just old school and not to proud or dumb to give repect to those who have done that to me.

The Fake Macoy
Keep in mind that Mon-el has no lead weakness (due to the serum) and he would have been fully charged at the start of the match. He probably would do better than Sodam Yat, who didn't seem to use the ring very well at all.

Parallex
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Keep in mind that MonEl has no lead weakness (due to the serum) and he would have been fully charged at the start of the match. He probably would do better than Sodam Yat, who didn't seem to use the ring very well at all.

Thank you, you are quite correct. I've been kinda stuck on the point that you been kind enough to present. Mon -El beside the fact that according to the DC history presented on their site and what I've read for the last few decades is from a race that are naturally stronger race than that of Superman's, he did not have the weakness that Yat had concerning lead which had a HUGE effect in his battle with Prime. That no weakness thing in my mind gives Mon-El (even MonEl of the late 70's) a far better durability than Yat or Prime for that Matter. Would you agree with that school of thought ? As of this moment I'm not aware if there is a " Respect" thread here on Mon-El yet, if not perhaps I'll start one. Seriously Mon-El is no joke. I'm going to look up a few things from my collection that I can scan and post as to perhaps present my case a bit clearer. Thanks.

Parallex
I just found the Mon-El Respet Thread,

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=454464&pagenumber=1

PC superboy even thought he'd have to Catch Mon -El by surprize to "maybe" be able to beat him . It was common knowledge that Mon-El was the PC LOSH most powerful member. And with that thought now in my mind ,I would go so far as to say let's even remove the ring from this battle and Mon-El would be far more impressive than Yat, FAR more.

Parallex
I've been trying to follow Yats control and knowledge grow in his understanding of his own natural powers as well as his Ion powers, as well as Prime basically being a PC level guy. Also did quite abit of re reading some old Legion books......... PC Mon El was the goods. I've been reading some threads that keep putting Yat against Prime and I'm more certain than before That Mon El even without the ring would be too much for Prime. I'd even go so far as to maybe even speculate with just the slightest working knowledge of a ring , Mon El would just be Godlike. Any more thoughts on this ? Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.