Dr. Strange vs. Thor and The Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Classic Strange vs Classic Thor and Current Surfer
Stipulations : Strange and Thor are stripped of their time manipulation abilities and Surfer can't time travel.

Fight takes place on Titan, who wins?

janus77
speedblitz?

Priest
Originally posted by janus77
speedblitz?
Surfer has tried that on strange and failed.

janus77
how did he fail with that?

I don't know of any Surfer-Strange tussles but, I would have expected Surfer to annihilate Strange before the sorcerer could get a spell off... regardless of whatever defences Strange has about his person, if Hulk could smash him, Surfer should be able to generate a blast sufficient to do it too.

anyway, I'm intrigued by this failure of Surfer's, quite surprised too.

Soljer
Strange.

Power16

I don't know of any Surfer-Strange tussles but, I would have expected Surfer to annihilate Strange before the sorcerer could get a spell off... regardless of whatever defences Strange has about his person, if Hulk could smash him, Surfer should be able to generate a blast sufficient to do it too.

The only one i recall is when Surfer attack Strange from space at high speeds and Strange sensed him coming and had auto shields on and then attack with an anti-cosmic bubble around SS negating his powers.

This is Classic Strange.

Priest

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surferco5.jpg
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfer2ph4.jpg
Here you go, Surfer failed to blitz strange.

Current Strange is a lot different from the Classic version.

TricksterPriest
Classic Strange still wins. He could easily depower both of them. Even without his godly time manip, he's still the sorcerer supreme.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Priest
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surferco5.jpg
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfer2ph4.jpg
Here you go, Surfer failed to blitz strange.

Current Strange is a lot different from the Classic version.

that's not the Silver Surfer. He had the same power levels, but it's not the Surfer.

Priest
Originally posted by tjcoady
that's not the Silver Surfer. He had the same power levels, but it's not the Surfer.
I was just stating that a Blitz will not work because of Strange's 6th sense. smile

janus77
I don't know, that doesn't seem too conclusive, but since Surfer never really does make the best of his abilities... can't see him winning against Strange.

Cosmic Awareness should give Surfer auto-wins against any mortal, simply by dint of the fact that he processes staggering amounts of information lightning quick beyond the physical abilities of any human... and when combined with his ability to travel at hundreds of times the speed of light, it just seems like fights should be over before Strange can even process the 'signals' being sent to his brain by his sixth sense no expression.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thurfer.

janus77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Thurfer.
Sor?
confused

TricksterPriest
I don't know, that doesn't seem too conclusive, but since Surfer never really does make the best of his abilities... can't see him winning against Strange.

Cosmic Awareness should give Surfer auto-wins against any mortal, simply by dint of the fact that he processes staggering amounts of information lightning quick beyond the physical abilities of any human... and when combined with his ability to travel at hundreds of times the speed of light, it just seems like fights should be over before Strange can even process the 'signals' being sent to his brain by his sixth sense no expression.

You really don't want to play this game with Classic Dr. Strange. roll eyes (sarcastic) You'll always lose.

Priest
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Thurfer.
Agreed.

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
Strange.

Red Shift
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Classic Strange still wins. He could easily depower both of them. Even without his godly time manip, he's still the sorcerer supreme.

Laughable.

Please do provide some actual evidence of Strange depowering similar characters.

While you're failing at that, someone with the exact power-set of Thor beating the Surfer AND Dr. Strange at the same time.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4072/08rx7.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6342/09ad3.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1875/11gq4.jpg

There's some serious depowering going on there, Priest.

Red Shift
You really don't want to play this game with Classic Dr. Strange. roll eyes (sarcastic) You'll always lose.

You mean you'll lose, as your argument is flat out bullshit, as is your reasoning.

janus77
hang on, that's a +surprise attack+. if anything it thoroughly discredits Strange's "Sixth Sense" but it doesn't really say anything about the de-powering stuff (not that I buy into the idea that he could do such a thing to Surfer or Thor).

Red Shift
hang on, that's a +surprise attack+. if anything it thoroughly discredits Strange's "Sixth Sense" but it doesn't really say anything about the de-powering stuff (not that I buy into the idea that he could do such a thing to Surfer or Thor).

It's a sneak attack on the Surfer.

Dr. Strange is attacking BILL from behind, and he still missed him.

And was then promptly one shotted by Bill.

Bill seemingly doesn't even need to pay attention to Dr. Strange in a fight...!

janus77
fair enough, I'll give you that smile. I was more interested in the absence of a functioning "Sixth Sense"...

Red Shift
I fail to understand the idea that Dr. Strange is some unstoppable, omnipotent Juggernaut.

Regardless of his power he has a serious lack of durability in 95% of his appearances.

He's been knocked out by Spider-Man, for starters.

DigiMark007
Classic Strange usually had auto-shields up for such occurrences.

But it's like a GL. Insane potential, but also prone to massive CIS and losing to street people because they have regular human durability without their powers.

Even if we're assuming full prep and such, I like the duo. Thor has absorbed magical energy before, and he'd be a great answer to Strange's magic hoo-doo. Most of what Strange has done, he has also done with Mjolnir.

Larceny
Originally posted by DigiMark007

But it's like a GL. Insane potential, but also prone to massive CIS and losing to street people because they have regular human durability without their powers.

Even if we're assuming full prep and such, I like the duo. Thor has absorbed magical energy before, and he'd be a great answer to Strange's magic hoo-doo. Most of what Strange has done, he has also done with Mjolnir.

Mr. Slippyfist
Like I've said in another thread... Strange has had like the auto shields... once?

Anyway, Sor and Thurfer win.

Red Shift

No, in your fantastical dreams he "usually" has them up.

Post some of these "occurrences" since they're so varied and common, would you?

Even issue numbers will do.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Red Shift

He's got a good respect thread. That's why we have that forum, so that people can look up a character's feats if they choose rather than demanding others to slog through their collection and scan them in.

And I also said that he'd lose. The battles on this forum assume that the characters fight to their potential. You can check out the rules if you're interested to confirm this. There also isn't a stipulation of a sneak attack, so Strange would be prepped to take a hit, even if the prep is just the time it takes for the battle to start and begin attacking.

Beyond that, there's no need to get derogatory with responses. Especially when we're in agreement about the fight's outcome...I think Thor alone would be a good match for him.

Faceman

Word of advice, don't get on a mod's bad side.

Red Shift
He's got a good respect thread. That's why we have that forum, so that people can look up a character's feats if they choose rather than demanding others to slog through their collection and scan them in.

And I also said that he'd lose. The battles on this forum assume that the characters fight to their potential. You can check out the rules if you're interested to confirm this. There also isn't a stipulation of a sneak attack, so Strange would be prepped to take a hit, even if the prep is just the time it takes for the battle to start and begin attacking.

Beyond that, there's no need to get derogatory with responses. Especially when we're in agreement about the fight's outcome...I think Thor alone would be a good match for him.

If the respect thread is that good, surely evidence to back up posters claims can be culled from them quite easily, yes?

Once again, it wasn't a sneak attack.

Dr. Strange is quite aware that Bill is attacking Norrin.

He attacks, and can't connect.

He's then one shotted by Bill.

I proved those scans. And I asked for scans showing otherwise to posters who believed otherwise.

DigiMark007
If the respect thread is that good, surely evidence to back up posters claims can be culled from them quite easily, yes?

Once again, it wasn't a sneak attack.

Dr. Strange is quite aware that Bill is attacking Norrin.

He attacks, and can't connect.

He's then one shotted by Bill.

I proved those scans. And I asked for scans showing otherwise to posters who believed otherwise.

I'm not denying your evidence. But like I said, characters are at max potential for forum fights according to forum rules, and Strange has had auto-shields in the past. The percentage of the time that he has is irrelevant, even if the slight majority is with non-auto-shields (I don't know....I never bothered to count).

So the argument is moot. He has, so he can...and we can assume that he'll have them based on the rules unless the thread starter specifies otherwise. I know that he has, and I also know that I'm not lying, and I'm not about to kill 20 minutes of my night finding one of many scans that exist that would prove it, just to placate some hardass new member who feels the need to see everything in color before he believes it, and who also ignores the forum's rules to further his argument.

B.A
Digimark pwnage in plain site.

Soljer
Originally posted by B.A
Digimark pwnage in plain site.

Too true.

Red Shift
So the argument is moot. He has, so he can...and we can assume that he'll have them based on the rules unless the thread starter specifies otherwise. I know that he has, and I also know that I'm not lying, and I'm not about to kill 20 minutes of my night finding one of many scans that exist that would prove it, just to placate some hardass new member who feels the need to see everything in color before he believes it, and who also ignores the forum's rules to further his argument.

20 minutes of your night. Funny. Took me several SECONDS to find the scans I posted, and I didn't even know what issue they came from beforehand.

If you adamantly believe something, it's really not too difficult to substantiate it.

DigiMark007
Between this and your other threads/posts, you've established yourself very quickly as a troll. If you want people to actually debate you, you'd do well to start treating them with respect. This is a public forum for those with a common hobby. It's not your place to insult, call out, and berate others. You'll be gone from this forum in a hurry if you don't reform your behavior.

B.A
Originally posted by Soljer
Too true. Whn it happens it happens well.

Honest Shift your place is at HC. Not insulting but it clearly is.

Red Shift
Between this and your other threads/posts, you've established yourself very quickly as a troll. If you want people to actually debate you, you'd do well to start treating them with respect. This is a public forum for those with a common hobby. It's not your place to insult, call out, and berate others. You'll be gone from this forum in a hurry if you don't reform your behavior.

You've got unbelievably thin skin if you think I'm a "troll"

Where am I insulting or berating anyone, as opposed to asking for evidence and clarification on a DEBATE board.

DigiMark007
You've got unbelievably thin skin if you think I'm a "troll"

Where am I insulting or berating anyone, as opposed to asking for evidence and clarification on a DEBATE board.

Creating a thread intended solely to spite another person's argument does indeed qualify as belittling, or berating. It's also in clear defiance of forum rules, which you've either chosen to not read or ignore on several occasions....and even after having them posted for you, you endorsed your own position in defiance of them. Maybe they tolerate that wherever you're used to being, but we don't here.

And the sarcasm implied in such statements as:
...is more than sufficient grounds as well.

I've tried to remain cordial with you, as have others. Look in the mirror before trying to justify everything you're doing, which is obviously not working and upsetting more than a few people.

TricksterPriest
Digi, you might as well banhammer this guy. He's an obvious troll and he's trying to provoke people. erm

DigiMark007
Digi, you might as well banhammer this guy. He's an obvious troll and he's trying to provoke people. erm

Obviously, but we also have to make sure we give him a fair chance.

He has a warning from me already, a few reports, and the second warning won't be long in coming unless he reforms, and after that the bans start. So it's not something that generally happens immediately, but either a member reforms or they are removed.

One way or the other, it will be over soon. And I'd simply recommend ignoring him unless he shows a genuine interest in changing.

TricksterPriest
He's outright provoking people in the thread named after me. I'd say that justifies a 2nd warning. erm

DigiMark007
That's what got him the first one.

Faceman
He's outright provoking people in the thread named after me. I'd say that justifies a 2nd warning. erm

Wait ! Don't ban him yet. Let nvr pound him some more..... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.