Superman-prime (countdown) vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sirius77
Who wins?

Sirius77
First match depowered tyrant.

Second match full powered.

nvrbeenwthagirl
SMP the first one. The second one I don't know. He is doing shit like punching right into the 5th.

lando005
hmm first match would be a toss up second match i would give to tyrant

Red Shift
Tyrant wins regardless.

He KO'ed teams of top tiers while SBP more or less bats them around.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Red Shift
Tyrant wins regardless.

He KO'ed teams of top tiers while SBP more or less bats them around.

Tyrant was also adding morg's own power to his own in that fight.

SuperiorTech
He would more than likely lose the first one but I see him winning the second fight.

Red Shift
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Tyrant was also adding morg's own power to his own in that fight.

No.

Morg's power was stolen into an orb. Tyrant had stolen numerous orbs and had a storehouse of them.

He beat Gladiator, Bill, Jack and others under his own power.

Thanos then stole the Morg sphere and used it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No.

Morg's power was stolen into an orb. Tyrant had stolen numerous orbs and had a storehouse of them.

He beat Gladiator, Bill, Jack and others under his own power.

Thanos then stole the Morg sphere and used it.

It's obvious that Tyrant got his power from the Orbs. Morg was even weakened on that wall. Tyrant's hair was like some big cables or something connecting him to said power supply. I could be wrong on those details, but that is how I remember it.

Red Shift
It's obvious that Tyrant got his power from the Orbs. Morg was even weakened on that wall. Tyrant's hair was like some big cables or something connecting him to said power supply. I could be wrong on those details, but that is how I remember it.

Tyrant's power source was planets. That's why he hated Galactus, every time he devoured one he lost another source of power.

He stole the powers of others and stored them in the orbs as extra power.

Thanos used the power of one by holding it.

Tyrant didn't have one on his person during the team bashing.

guy222
tyrant ftw

nvrbeenwthagirl
Tyrant's power source was planets. That's why he hated Galactus, every time he devoured one he lost another source of power.

He stole the powers of others and stored them in the orbs as extra power.

Thanos used the power of one by holding it.

Tyrant didn't have one on his person during the team bashing. ]
Tyrant was connected to his power source. His hair was the cords i'm almost sure of it. And SBP killed 32 Gl's, broke Hal jordan's arm thru his shields, and pretty much wrecks everyone. the only reason he doesn't "one Shot' as often as tyrant is becuz one, he still thinks of himself as a hero and it's evident he doesn't want to kill anyone, but wants to ERASE thier realities. And he is always busy yabbing at the mouth.

Red Shift
]
Tyrant was connected to his power source. His hair was the cords i'm almost sure of it. And SBP killed 32 Gl's, broke Hal jordan's arm thru his shields, and pretty much wrecks everyone. the only reason he doesn't "one Shot' as often as tyrant is becuz one, he still thinks of himself as a hero and it's evident he doesn't want to kill anyone, but wants to ERASE thier realities. And he is always busy yabbing at the mouth.

Doomsday even before the DOS arc killed far more Lantern's than that.

Legion, a GL villian, also killed a number of Lantern's.

Rookie GL killing isn't THAT impressive.

Tyrant's appearance is technological. There was never any indication he was connected to his power orbs.

lando005
tyrant did all his feats under his own power, the reason his hair looks like cables is because he is a technoganic life from

Roldz
Full powered he wasnt connected to any energy orbs, heck in his last match (depowered) with G, he wasnt connected with any orbs at all..

Ohh, Tyrant wins..

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Roldz
Full powered he wasnt connected to any energy orbs, heck in his last match (depowered) with G, he wasnt connected with any orbs at all..

Ohh, Tyrant wins..

yeah, tyrant can beat down a being who can retcon punch and create alternate time lines. now if that isn't just the best reasoning ever.

Roldz
So your sayin his going to retcon punch Tyrant or create another time lines for him.. That really does not make sense..

nvrbeenwthagirl
So your sayin his going to retcon punch Tyrant or create another time lines for him.. That really does not make sense..

It's the power behind the punch.

Roldz
That was withstood by being way below Tyrants level..

Take Hulk for instants, his strength has been shown to affect time/dimentional wall yet it does zip against Surfer's skin..

Just because SBP can punch/retcon timeline, it does not gave him an automatic win against someone on the level of Tyrants..

nvrbeenwthagirl
That was withstood by being way below Tyrants level..

Take Hulk for instants, his strength has been shown to affect time/dimentional wall yet it does zip against Surfer's skin..

Just because SBP can punch/retcon timeline, it does not gave him an automatic win against someone on the level of Tyrants..

Exactly what is tyrant's level? becuz Despero has handled better top tiers than tyrant. And more of them. Is that what makes him "uber?"Then I guess Despero is teh unber too. And he handle's top tiers in multiples. So exactly what is tyrants lvl if you dont' mind me asking cuz you seem to have a handle on what exactly it is. And Tyrant one shotting a couple of top tiers doesn't help me at all. Becuz Many people one shot top tiers.

Roldz
Check the respect thread then decide what level you think of him. As far as im concerned his below Tyrants level..

All i know is SBPs' overated strength has been withstood by beings below Tyrants' and based from that his strength is not enough to take him out..

Red Shift
Exactly what is tyrant's level? becuz Despero has handled better top tiers than tyrant. And more of them. Is that what makes him "uber?"Then I guess Despero is teh unber too. And he handle's top tiers in multiples. So exactly what is tyrants lvl if you dont' mind me asking cuz you seem to have a handle on what exactly it is. And Tyrant one shotting a couple of top tiers doesn't help me at all. Becuz Many people one shot top tiers.

And what top tiers did Despero beat that are beyond the lot Tyrant beat?

Can u tell me? Cuz I need to know

starlock
Tyrant for the win

Mr. Slippyfist
Jesus...

Galan007
But....... But....... Prime's fisticuff-tantrum during IC, brought back the Multiverse!!
herbsmile

123KID
so what DC top tiers you can list that are firmly better than Surfer and Glads ?
you could possibly say Superman i suppose but he doesn't have the feats to say he's better

not Prime

tkitna
Another laughable thread.

Tyrant wins.

Sirius77
So then, do you believe that tyrant is above myx?

Galan007
Originally posted by Sirius77
So then, do you believe that tyrant is above myx? Again,
If Prime was > Mxy, he wouldn't have asked for the Imps power to destroy all the Earths'. srsly

lando005
So then, do you believe that tyrant is above myx? are we really clear on how smp managed to capture myx yet?

Sirius77
Originally posted by Galan007
Again,
If Prime was > Mxy, he wouldn't have asked for the Imps power to destroy all the Earths'. srsly

The same thing was covered in the power vs versitality thread.

One character can be more powerful than another, but another character might have the power to do something that another one cannot.

In other words, if superman needed to stop global warming, he couldnt do it by himself, so he would ask for someone like metamorpho to transmute the greenhouse gasses into something harmless.

Does that mean that superman is less powerful than metamorpho? No. He just has different powers than metamorpho.

Sirius77
Originally posted by lando005
are we really clear on how smp managed to capture myx yet?

As far as we know, he reached into the fifth dimension and grabbed him.

lando005
As far as we know, he reached into the fifth dimension and grabbed him. alright i guess we'll have to stick with that for right now untill we get some better clearification.

Mr. Slippyfist
Apparently Prime can beat Spectre now, if people are going to use that feat as evidence...

Sirius77
He physically brutallized myx until he vomited. I would call that a feat.

People doubt the feat just because he is an imp... but look who he was fighting. A pc kryptonian. Both are equally ridiculous and rape the laws of physics. The question should be asked what cant a pc superman do with physical strength?

123KID
So then, do you believe that tyrant is above myx?

no

but since Prime isn't either it's irrelevant

quanchi112
Again,
If Prime was > Mxy, he wouldn't have asked for the Imps power to destroy all the Earths'. srsly Please will someone tell this guy that hes overrating Prime to an insane degree. I love the guy but come on sirius hes nowhere near as powerful as you see him.

quanchi112
He physically brutallized myx until he vomited. I would call that a feat.

People doubt the feat just because he is an imp... but look who he was fighting. A pc kryptonian. Both are equally ridiculous and rape the laws of physics. The question should be asked what cant a pc superman do with physical strength? His powers were gone and his will was broken. He had help accomplishing this. Considering beating up on an imp with no power0.s as some kind of feat is laughable. The feat he accomplished was that he was smart enough to get annataz to help him abduct mxy and make him look bad.

Sirius77
Originally posted by quanchi112
His powers were gone and his will was broken. He had help accomplishing this. Considering beating up on an imp with no power0.s as some kind of feat is laughable. The feat he accomplished was that he was smart enough to get annataz to help him abduct mxy and make him look bad.

So then what your saying now is that anataz is above myx? Either way, if in fact she was strong enough to bring down myx (which she wasnt), who brought her there and tortured her? Exactly.

Also, if myx had no powers, then how did he heal himself?

Either way that you look at it, Superman-prime abducted myx against his will (which no one has done to my knowledge), did physical harm to him, and lived. These are undisputable. If you dont like it, talk to the writers.

quanchi112
It's obvious that Tyrant got his power from the Orbs. Morg was even weakened on that wall. Tyrant's hair was like some big cables or something connecting him to said power supply. I could be wrong on those details, but that is how I remember it. You obviously dont know anything about Tyrant.

quanchi112
So then what your saying now is that anataz is above myx? Either way, if in fact she was strong enough to bring down myx (which she wasnt), who brought her there and tortured her? Exactly.

Also, if myx had no powers, then how did he heal himself?

Either way that you look at it, Superman-prime abducted myx against his will (which no one has done to my knowledge), did physical harm to him, and lived. These are undisputable. If you dont like it, talk to the writers. I never said annataz was above Mxy but that in this story she stole his powers. We dont know the details of the abduction.

quanchi112
I dont know enough about Prime from countdown to give him the win. Need to see more of him to really be able to know how much more powerful he is. With what I know now I give the win to Tyrant in both situations. In his depowered state he challenged Galactus straight up WITH with powers.

Sirius77
I never said annataz was above Mxy but that in this story she stole his powers. We dont know the details of the abduction.

Yes you did. You stated that anataz stole myxs powers. In order to do that, she would have to be at least on his level. It was stated that all she did was keep him there. Notice how when she lifted the spell, he just left. If she had taken his powers, he would have snapped back into action and killed Superman-prime, or at least done something. But he knew that he couldnt. Superman-prime is too strong right now. According to the writers, he can do anything as far as physical strength is involved. Though its temporary. He can still do it.

And all we know about the abduction is that he reached through the fifth dimension and grabbed myx and tortured him. This was stated by myx and shown on panel. Where are you getting your information from?

Sirius77
I dont know enough about Prime from countdown to give him the win. Need to see more of him to really be able to know how much more powerful he is. With what I know now I give the win to Tyrant in both situations. In his depowered state he challenged Galactus straight up WITH with powers.

Know what? **** it.

People see a character and choose to hate and call him "emo". Well thats his character, and I like it. And a few other people do too, not many, but a few. And ever time he does something amazing, people downplay it. He has TORTUED MYX. If he bends the specter over and rapes him raw, people will have something to say to discredit it. He has defeated myx, I really dont see how much more big of a feat that you can get than that... I mean, do you want him to pwn the presence WHILE pwning myx, or is that not enough? People call it pis, but hes a PRECRISIS KRYPTONIAN. Their all like cartoon characters, they can do anything the writer wants, no matter how hilariously, wtf stupid it looks, sounds, or is. So is beating myx stupid and ridiculous? YES. Is it in Superman-primes character to do so? Yes.

So anyone respond to this how you want, call me whatever you want. I really dont care. Im just sick of having a character that is hyped and actually proves his hype with on panel evidence downplayed like this.
So whatever.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Know what? **** it.

People see a character and choose to hate and call him "emo". Well thats his character, and I like it. And a few other people do too, not many, but a few. And ever time he does something amazing, people downplay it. He has TORTUED MYX. If he bends the specter over and rapes him raw, people will have something to say to discredit it. He has defeated myx, I really dont see how much more big of a feat that you can get than that... I mean, do you want him to pwn the presence WHILE pwning myx, or is that not enough? People call it pis, but hes a PRECRISIS KRYPTONIAN. Their all like cartoon characters, they can do anything the writer wants, no matter how hilariously, wtf stupid it looks, sounds, or is. So is beating myx stupid and ridiculous? YES. Is it in Superman-primes character to do so? Yes.

So anyone respond to this how you want, call me whatever you want. I really dont care. Im just sick of having a character that is hyped and actually proves his hype with on panel evidence downplayed like this.
So whatever.
If it's any consolation, He proves his worth more than Thanos ever did. Thanos and that rediculous prep. Prime bitches mother ****ers cuz he's mad and confused and just goes off. LOL.

quanchi112
Know what? **** it.

So whatever. I love Prime but he had help and mxy had his powers negated while his will was broken. If Mxy had his powers and Prime defeated him without any help that would be one thing but that didnt happen.

Red Shift
If it's any consolation, He proves his worth more than Thanos ever did. Thanos and that rediculous prep. Prime bitches mother ****ers cuz he's mad and confused and just goes off. LOL.

Prep?

No prep here.

Show me SPB doing this to a top tier, Nvr.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/835/energy7bq2.jpg

Man up and do it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Prep?

No prep here.

Man up and do it.

Cosmic blast against the Thing and A weaker thor? That thor was never as good as The classic talking thor. Please. Get outta here LMAO. SBP broke Hal jordan's arm thru his shields. I see no sustainable injuries to thor or thing. Just being knocked out. As if it matters. Thanos beats the presence, the spectre and mr mxy with one arm tied behind his back. make mine marvel. I'm a marvel whore now.

Red Shift
A weaker Thor?

Give me proof of Thor being weaker there.

A single request for proof.

Do it.

darthgoober
Cosmic blast against the Thing and A weaker thor? That thor was never as good as The classic talking thor. Please. Get outta here LMAO. SBP broke Hal jordan's arm thru his shields. I see no sustainable injuries to thor or thing. Just being knocked out. As if it matters. Thanos beats the presence, the spectre and mr mxy with one arm tied behind his back. make mine marvel. I'm a marvel whore now.
nvr what are you talking about? That IS classic Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
nvr what are you talking about? That IS classic Thor.

Sorry. I thought it was that lame american thor. He was so aweful to me. But still, knocking thor out isn't exactly hard work. A bullet did it before.

Red Shift
Sorry. I thought it was that lame american thor. He was so aweful to me. But still, knocking thor out isn't exactly hard work. A bullet did it before.

A bullet knocked out Orion as well.

Want a scan to go with that, liar?

Oh, it's been added to the list. Thanks!

Lie #1 - "DS nearly killed Superman and didn't even lift a finger."

Lie #2 - You obviously don't know your facts. The infinity man is actually more powerful than DS. He has truly infinite strength and durability and is quite abit above the top tier. Literally embarrassing superman.

Lie #3 - Cosmic blast against the Thing and A weaker thor? That thor was never as good as The classic talking thor.

Sirius77
Prep?

No prep here.

Man up and do it.

Blasts through superman with hv.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/25/1539595/primvs14.jpg

darthgoober
And an exploding gas station once ko'd Supes, Wonder Woman's lasso was escaped by a street level villain, and Surfer was KO'd by a brick...

But none of that means that if someone were to legitimately KO Supes or Surfer or escape WW's lasso that it wouldn't be impressive. Also keep in mind that Thanos has had two MAJOR upgrades since then and aside from that instance he's also utterly dominated Surfer, taken down the Maker, etc....

Red Shift
Annnnd that didn't knock Superman out.

darthgoober
Yes it did. Supes was laid out on the ground motionless with his eyes closed until Guardian got there if I'm not mistaken, and you don't get much more KO'd than that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
A bullet knocked out Orion as well.

Want a scan to go with that, liar?

Oh, it's been added to the list. Thanks!

Lie #1 - "DS nearly killed Superman and didn't even lift a finger."

Lie #2 - You obviously don't know your facts. The infinity man is actually more powerful than DS. He has truly infinite strength and durability and is quite abit above the top tier. Literally embarrassing superman.

Lie #3 - Cosmic blast against the Thing and A weaker thor? That thor was never as good as The classic talking thor.

Reported for trolling and bashing. and any idiot who would fall for your catalogue without proper context is just that, an idiot. Only a retard would think that a statement of an opinon is a lie. Fools invest themselves so much in a comic to take it as an actual.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And an exploding gas station once ko'd Supes, Wonder Woman's lasso was escaped by a street level villain, and Surfer was KO'd by a brick...

But none of that means that if someone were to legitimately KO Supes or Surfer or escape WW's lasso that it wouldn't be impressive. Also keep in mind that Thanos has had two MAJOR upgrades since then and aside from that instance he's also utterly dominated Surfer, taken down the Maker, etc....

Superman also had two major upgrades since the gas station explosion. Thor, has had none outside of the odin force and rune thingy. And I'm sure th ebullet thing was classic thor.

darthgoober
Superman also had two major upgrades since the gas station explosion. Thor, has had none outside of the odin force and rune thingy. And I'm sure th ebullet thing was classic thor.
And the whole WW/Deathstroke thing? Hell for that matter, Deathstroke(who can't break the sound barrier) has also evaded Supes and tagged Flash so I guess that neither of them can move very fast. And since Thor walked right though Supes's heatvision I guess that it must not do as much damage as a bullet right?

nvrbeenwthagirl
And the whole WW/Deathstroke thing? Hell for that matter, Deathstroke(who can't break the sound barrier) has also evaded Supes and tagged Flash so I guess that neither of them can move very fast. And since Thor walked right though Supes's heatvision I guess that it must not do as much damage as a bullet right?

The point is, using thor as an example of pwning a top tier isn't the feat he was hoping for since thor has been pwned before, by lessor than thanos.

darthgoober
The point is, using thor as an example of pwning a top tier isn't the feat he was hoping for since thor has been pwned before, by lessor than thanos.
Then WW taking on Supes must not be much of a feat, since he's been given a hard time by people that are far weaker than her right(like Toyman)?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Then WW taking on Supes must not be much of a feat, since he's been given a hard time by people that are far weaker than her right(like Toyman)?

I'm So NOT a superman fan. So I haven't seen Toyman do that physically to superman. And to my knowlege, Superman was sun amped and thought wonder woman was doomsday who had just killed his wife. You think he might just be going out a lil more than dealing with a human being like the toyman, whom he constantly holds back not to kill anyone. The comparison, just isn't a good one. Sorry. sad

And Thanos Blasted Thor and Thing. Thor didn't lift a hammer or nothing to block it. I'm not surprised. People get retarded around Thanos. As for thing, wolverine has done worse.

Sirius77

And if you look at your scan. Thor wasnt knocked out either. Thing was.
It took two shots and it still didnt show if he was knocked out or not.

In fact, it said that a few more blasts would knock thor out.

So unless your comparing superman to thing...

nvrbeenwthagirl
And if you look at your scan. Thor wasnt knocked out either. Thing was.
It took two shots and it still didnt show if he was knocked out or not.

In fact, it said that a few more blasts would knock thor out.

So unless your comparing superman to thing...

It's what they do. they call for you to produce evidence, they put up same lame scan and think people can't read for themselves and they think people will just look at the pretty pictures and see a character blasted back and take that at face value. I tire of these guys. It's like they don't want you to have your own personal opinion. What is it, a brain washing camp somewhere on the net?

pr1983

the sarcasm from your post is infectious...

Sirius77
If anything, he disproved himself. Why did THANOS take that long to put down thor with energy? Isnt that his "thing". Not taking into account that this thread has NOTHING to do with thanos... lol.

darthgoober
I'm So NOT a superman fan. So I haven't seen Toyman do that physically to superman. And to my knowlege, Superman was sun amped and thought wonder woman was doomsday who had just killed his wife. You think he might just be going out a lil more than dealing with a human being like the toyman, whom he constantly holds back not to kill anyone. The comparison, just isn't a good one. Sorry. sad

And Thanos Blasted Thor and Thing. Thor didn't lift a hammer or nothing to block it. I'm not surprised. People get retarded around Thanos. As for thing, wolverine has done worse.
laughing out loud

Ok nvr check it out. You say that KOing Thor isn't that much of a feat because he's been ko'd by less right? Then by the same token it would mean that overpowering or stalemating Orion isn't all that big of a feat, because he's been trapped by a titanium box before.

darthgoober
If anything, he disproved himself. Why did THANOS take that long to put down thor with energy? Isnt that his "thing". Not taking into account that this thread has NOTHING to do with thanos... lol.
Dude, that was two upgrades ago. Do you have any idea how much more powerful Thanos is now?

darthgoober
Originally posted by pr1983
the sarcasm from your post is infectious...
evil face

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing out loud

Ok nvr check it out. You say that KOing Thor isn't that much of a feat because he's been ko'd by less right? Then by the same token it would mean that overpowering or stalemating Orion isn't all that big of a feat, because he's been trapped by a titanium box before.

Who knows what FS did to the bonds in the titanium. And I remember orion breaking out. And KO ing thor in that scan wasn't a feat, becuz thor wasn't ko'd. Just pointed out to me by another poster.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dude, that was two upgrades ago. Do you have any idea how much more powerful Thanos is now? Isn't thor also more powerful now? Not that it matters. Was thor knocked out in that blast?

darthgoober
Who knows what FS did to the bonds in the titanium. And I remember orion breaking out. And KO ing thor in that scan wasn't a feat, becuz thor wasn't ko'd. Just pointed out to me by another poster.
Exactly... "who knows". In other words, you're speculating. If nothing was actually mentioned, then it wasn't there.

And since when do you have to be completely unconscious to be KO'd? Haven't you ever watched boxing? If you can't stand up and retain your balance in under 10 seconds then it's a ko.

darthgoober
Isn't thor also more powerful now? Not that it matters. Was thor knocked out in that blast?
NOW Thor's more powerful(since his return), I'm just talking about his classic levels.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Exactly... "who knows". In other words, you're speculating. If nothing was actually mentioned, then it wasn't there.

And since when do you have to be completely unconscious to be KO'd? Haven't you ever watched boxing? If you can't stand up and retain your balance in under 10 seconds then it's a ko.

Thor didn't once lift his hammer to deflect the blast. Classic jobbering to make thanos look better. And he still didn't knock thor out. As if it matter. A GL could pwn thor with a blast as well if thor didn't lift a finger to stop it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
NOW Thor's more powerful(since his return), I'm just talking about his classic levels.

And I was responding to the Thanos is more powerful now comment you made. Basically saying so is Thor.

darthgoober
Thor didn't once lift his hammer to deflect the blast. Classic jobbering to make thanos look better. And he still didn't knock thor out. As if it matter. A GL could pwn thor with a blast as well if thor didn't lift a finger to stop it.
Supes heatvision didn't put him down. He walked right through the beam in fact. And you haven't even read the issue, so how do you know he didn't try to deflect the blast? In the first panel he's getting blasted back, you don't see what he was doing before then.

And as I already explaned, he DID knock Thor out. Hell here on the forum I think you just have to be down for 3 seconds...

darthgoober
And I was responding to the Thanos is more powerful now comment you made. Basically saying so is Thor.
His CURRENT self yes. I never said that Thanos ko'd Thor since his return. But given that Thanos's power has grown more than Thor's has, I think it's safe to say that he could still do the same and with greater ease.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Supes heatvision didn't put him down. He walked right through the beam in fact. And you haven't even read the issue, so how do you know he didn't try to deflect the blast? In the first panel he's getting blasted back, you don't see what he was doing before then.

And as I already explaned, he DID knock Thor out. Hell here on the forum I think you just have to be down for 3 seconds...
Who says I haven't read the comic. It looks old. I read thousands of comics. Who can remember them all. Anyway, I've read Despero pwn more top tiers and of higher quality than the "thing". So how then does thanos get this rep? knocking out a top tier can be done by another top tier.

nvrbeenwthagirl
His CURRENT self yes. I never said that Thanos ko'd Thor since his return. But given that Thanos's power has grown more than Thor's has, I think it's safe to say that he could still do the same and with greater ease.

And said feats of this Thanos who's power has grown?

Sirius77
Dude, that was two upgrades ago. Do you have any idea how much more powerful Thanos is now?

Still has nothing to do with this thread.

Sirius77
Supes heatvision didn't put him down. He walked right through the beam in fact.

He was still fried. His skin was flaking off. And he did walk through it, but you can do the same with a burning building, but will you still get burned? Yes.

So, it wasnt really a complete durability feat, so much as it was a pain threshold feat. Not to say its not a good feat, but still..

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Ok nvr check it out. You say that KOing Thor isn't that much of a feat because he's been ko'd by less right? Then by the same token it would mean that overpowering or stalemating Orion isn't all that big of a feat, because he's been trapped by a titanium box before. Gotta love the titanium box

laughing

Sirius77
Gotta love the titanium box

laughing

Sirius77
Its posts like that that make people know that your striving for nvrs attention...

quanchi112
His CURRENT self yes. I never said that Thanos ko'd Thor since his return. But given that Thanos's power has grown more than Thor's has, I think it's safe to say that he could still do the same and with greater ease. Yes Thanos was seen mixing it up with the maker. So far thor has pwned Iron Man.

See the difference.

I hope nver acknowledges the difference.

quanchi112
Its posts like that that make people know that your striving for nvrs attention... I could care less about nver. I think the titanium box thing is hilarious. I mean geez if I laugh at a character then Im striving for nvers attention.

laughing laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes Thanos was seen mixing it up with the maker. So far thor has pwned Iron Man.

See the difference.

I hope nver acknowledges the difference.
Why in the **** are you bringing me up in an exchange with DG? With whom was my exchange originally? Hmm?

darthgoober
Who says I haven't read the comic. It looks old. I read thousands of comics. Who can remember them all. Anyway, I've read Despero pwn more top tiers and of higher quality than the "thing". So how then does thanos get this rep? knocking out a top tier can be done by another top tier.
Sorry it was just the first thing that came to mind(you not reading it I mean), I guess it's possible you just forgot. Anyway I don't think I've ever said that Thanos blows Despero away so I really don't get your point with that. You forget, I'm the one who picked Despero in the tourney and I did it cause I think he's badass. I could actually see Despero giving Thanos a run for his money physically, Thanos mainly gets the nod there from me because he's got better showings throwing around energy. And it's not that he KO's top tiers, he utterly stomps them damn near every time.

And said feats of this Thanos who's power has grown?
You're kidding right? After his last upgrade Thanos...

1. Beat the shit out of the Fallen One.
2. Nearly took out Galactus in a telepathic battle and blasted him through the hull of his spaceship(I forgot which of those came first though).
3. Took down the Maker.

Now you may argue that 3 feats isn't enough to prove anything, but when those are pretty much the ONLY real showings he had after the upgrade it's all we have to go by.

But actually if you want to get technical currently Thanos is some kind of consort to Death so he may be even more powerful. I can't say that for certain of course because he hasn't done anything, but if I had to make a prediction I'd say that he'll probably come back even more powerful.

quanchi112
Why in the **** are you bringing me up in an exchange with DG? With whom was my exchange originally? Hmm? Thanos was upgraded significantly after the end. Thor didnt even have an upgrade but isnt holding back. Thanos has always scoffed at Thor before his first amp. Thanos>>>Thor. Its the way it is.

Sirius77
Thanos never nearly took down galactus. Galactus raped thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sorry it was just the first thing that came to mind(you not reading it I mean), I guess it's possible you just forgot. Anyway I don't think I've ever said that Thanos blows Despero away so I really don't get your point with that. You forget, I'm the one who picked Despero in the tourney and I did it cause I think he's badass. I could actually see Despero giving Thanos a run for his money physically, Thanos mainly gets the nod there from me because he's got better showings throwing around energy. And it's not that he KO's top tiers, he utterly stomps them damn near every time.

You're kidding right? After his last upgrade Thanos...

1. Beat the shit out of the Fallen One.
2. Nearly took out Galactus in a telepathic battle and blasted him through the hull of his spaceship(I forgot which of those came first though).
3. Took down the Maker.

Now you may argue that 3 feats isn't enough to prove anything, but when those are pretty much the ONLY real showings he had after the upgrade it's all we have to go by.

But actually if you want to get technical currently Thanos is some kind of consort to Death so he may be even more powerful. I can't say that for certain of course because he hasn't done anything, but if I had to make a prediction I'd say that he'll probably come back even more powerful.

The fallen one has how many impressive feats?
Galactus was hurt when Thanos attacked Galactus? He stood up to Galactus's retaliation? With no prep?
Thanos outright beat the make while in her right mind?

And they always come back more powerful. Just look at what grant morrison has planned for the new gods. Geez. talk about abstracts. So I dont' mind thanos being powerful as a consort of death. not that he will be able to have any interesting stories being that powerful as to not actually strive for anything.

quanchi112
Thanos never nearly took down galactus. Galactus raped thanos. In the telepathic battle he almost did. Pay attention to what goober said.

quanchi112
Galactus was hurt when Thanos attacked Galactus? He stood up to Galactus's retaliation? With no prep?

And they always come back more powerful. Just look at what grant morrison has planned for the new gods. Geez. talk about abstracts. So I dont' mind thanos being powerful as a consort of death. not that he will be able to have any interesting stories being that powerful as to not actually strive for anything. You talk about what is going to happen? I mean how do you know?Its all speculation till it hits the comic book shops. Thanos beat the maker and exchanged energy blasts and hurt her. She was a being of incredible powers. Thanos pwned her. Impressive oh yes.

Meanwhile Ds just got batkicked and fled from Superman.

laughing

darthgoober

And they always come back more powerful. Just look at what grant morrison has planned for the new gods. Geez. talk about abstracts. So I dont' mind thanos being powerful as a consort of death. not that he will be able to have any interesting stories being that powerful as to not actually strive for anything.
Hey I never said that the Fallen One ordeal was all that impressive, I just listed all the feats he had to his credit after his upgrade. And I never said that his blast injured Galactus(though I wouldn't be surprised if it hurt), I just pointed out that Thanos's blast actually sent Galactus flying though the Hull of his ship(and that ship is pretty damn durable) and a ways off. Anyway you slice it, that's impressive. By the same token, his nearly getting the best of Galactus telepathically is also damn impressive. As for the Maker, who cares if she was in her right mind? It doesn't change the fact that she was powerful as Hell and Thanos was beating her strait up BEFORE he finally finished her off with a mental whammy(which is another good tp too if you think about it).

As for Thanos if/when he returns... I'm willing to bet that he comes back even more powerful to kick ass, but eventually he'll probably return to life and get depowered.

Sirius77
In the telepathic battle he almost did. Pay attention to what goober said.

I saw the battle. Thanos caught galactus off fuard and shot him. Galactus came back and raped him.

Galan007
The same thing was covered in the power vs versitality thread.

One character can be more powerful than another, but another character might have the power to do something that another one cannot.

In other words, if superman needed to stop global warming, he couldnt do it by himself, so he would ask for someone like metamorpho to transmute the greenhouse gasses into something harmless.

Does that mean that superman is less powerful than metamorpho? No. He just has different powers than metamorpho. Metamorpho is more powerful than Superman. none

Galan007
Who knows what FS did to the bonds in the titanium. And I remember orion breaking out. Orion did break out..... The issue after he was initially trapped. ermmhappy

But to be fair,
FS handed Orion his ass a few times before the 'titanium box incident' -- So he might have been a bit weaker than normal. smile

quanchi112
I saw the battle. Thanos caught galactus off fuard and shot him. Galactus came back and raped him. Impressive nonetheless. Its Galactus a character who came destroy star systems when weakened.

Sirius77
Metamorpho is more powerful than Superman. none

No hes not. He just MORE powers. However, superman has more powerful physical abilities.

Sirius77
I think that Superman-prime wins this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.