Galactus vs. Odin/Asmodel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Can the magical Duo take out big G after just eating?

Galan007
No.

guy222
nope

Old-Wizard.com
Not disputing that the big G takes these 2 down, but one question I've always had was:

The Surfer once said that Mjolnir was more powerful than his power cosmic. How is this possible if Odin is such a minor deity in the scheme of things?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Not disputing that the big G takes these 2 down, but one question I've always had was:

The Surfer once said that Mjolnir was more powerful than his power cosmic. How is this possible if Odin is such a minor deity in the scheme of things?

Because the Surfer only has a fraction of the Power Cosmic. Galactus could easily give Surfer more power than Mjolnir but chooses not to.

Oh, and Galactus wins.

Mr. Slippyfist
G-dog.

Avlon
Team.

Larceny
Team.

TricksterPriest
The only thing that gives me pause is this. Can the Light of Heaven attack take an abstract.......?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The only thing that gives me pause is this. Can the Light of Heaven attack take an abstract.......?

The other question, is can Galactus, Erase Assy from the Book.

janus77

where? when?
scans?

might be the context, Surfer's powers have been up and down like most marvel characters.

I still can't buy that Surfer < Thor stuff no expression.
Surfer can be as powerful - as hideously powerful - as he wants to be, just by absorbing any energies in the vicinity (or from the cosmos ala PC).

oh and on topic, Galactus FTW.

Ouallada
IIRC, SS said so during the fight in which he was aided by Loki.

janus77
Originally posted by Ouallada
IIRC, SS said so during the fight in which he was aided by Loki.
makes some sense, I guess.
that would be during his banishment to earth, when he was de-powered significantly I think.

I remember seeing a scan where Thor said that a blast from SS could kill him (and his fellow Avengers). The blast in question was only a warning shot from SS.

I always figured SS' pacifist nature got in the way of properly applying his staggering powers... Galactus seemed to indicate as much when he offered to take away Surfer's conscience recently (during the Annihilation arc, I think).

Terryc250
Galactus stomps the team

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Terryc250
Galactus stomps the team

stomps? That doesn't seem feasible given Both of thier power lvls. He may pull a the win, but it's not like we haven't seen him face less and do all that well.

janus77
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
stomps? That doesn't seem feasible given Both of thier power lvls. He may pull a the win, but it's not like we haven't seen him face less and do all that well.
I'm inebriated, as I mentioned elsewhere. what's your excuse for the difficulty you're having with articulation?

you mean that he hasn't done so well, against lesser opposition, no?
which is true. but then this is Galactus... Sentry stalemated him! big grin

I kid, just being annoying, hope you don't take offence, confused.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by janus77
I'm inebriated, as I mentioned elsewhere. what's your excuse for the difficulty you're having with articulation?

you mean that he hasn't done so well, against lesser opposition, no?
which is true. but then this is Galactus... Sentry stalemated him! big grin

I kid, just being annoying, hope you don't take offence, confused.
To offend me, I would have to be paying attention with some actual concern. I'm not.

janus77
To offend me, I would have to be paying attention with some actual concern. I'm not.
good, was just making sure...
people get awfully sensitive about things in here sad.

umm, yeah so... where are all the Wonder Woman scans? confused

Avlon
Galan would first have to be able to hurt Asmodel to be able to get a win.

The Bull angels blood is the universal solvent... he's far more invulnerable than Galan will ever be.

janus77
Originally posted by Avlon
Galan would first have to be able to hurt Asmodel to be able to get a win.

The Bull angels blood is the universal solvent... he's far more invulnerable than Galan will ever be.
but can't Galactus eat the universe, or at least partially consume it?

couldn't he just ... you know sniff the solvent? confused

Avlon
but can't Galactus eat the universe, or at least partially consume it?

couldn't he just ... you know sniff the solvent? confused

sniffing solvent makes galan woozy and fall azleep ftw!

janus77
lol,
I admit defeat.

laughing out loud

Larceny
where? when?
scans?

might be the context, Surfer's powers have been up and down like most marvel characters.

Surfer can be as powerful - as hideously powerful - as he wants to be, just by absorbing any energies in the vicinity (or from the cosmos ala PC).

In their first encounter.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle8.jpg

He also admits Thor his superior in strength.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ThorvsSurferfirstbattle10.jpg

It wasn't. smile

I can. Their showing against one another prove as much.

Galactus loses.

Tenebrous

probably not...at least not galactus. Big G has no real soul to attack/manipulate...that's why mephisto couldn't really do jack (in terms of manipulating galactus' soul, etc.)

also, galactus is beyond the power of the Soul Gem...with those factors in mind i'd say he withstands the attack from asmodel. of course big g has been driven insane before...but that was due to his diet at the time. and food>>>>>>all concerns for big g.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

Old-Wizard.com
where? when?
scans?

not only that, but loki was augmenting the surfer's powers and said, he felt more powerful than he had ever been.

Avlon
Originally posted by Tenebrous
probably not...at least not galactus. Big G has no real soul to attack/manipulate...that's why mephisto couldn't really do jack (in terms of manipulating galactus' soul, etc.)

also, galactus is beyond the power of the Soul Gem...with those factors in mind i'd say he withstands the attack from asmodel. of course big g has been driven insane before...but that was due to his diet at the time. and food>>>>>>all concerns for big g.

Mephisto needs some kind of cooperation to have any affect on someone's soul. If they are strong enough..even humans can overcome Mephisto. To Meph..it's mostly a game.

Galan does have feelings about what he has to do but he hides them well with his place in the cosmic hierarchy. If what he's done (murdering billions) is something that is considered evil by the presences law...then the attack would work. Especially considering that as powerful as Galactus is..he's still a mortal being..DNA and all. This is something that Odin shares.

A combination godblast attack from Odin and Light of heaven, or angelic scream from Asmodel should take care of Galactus. Galan shouldn't even be able to hurt him as long as he isn't in a flesh suit. The fact that the guys body is powerful enough to house blood that is a universal solvent that can destroy anything is testament to the angels power and durability.

That and the fact that since Azzy is far older than Galan and being a war angel would know all and any weakness...where magic is something Galan hates to deal with...Odin and Azzy have it in spades.

janus77
not only that, but loki was augmenting the surfer's powers and said, he felt more powerful than he had ever been.
that still doesn't really make up for what he lost as a result of being banished to the Earth and separated from the limitless amounts of PC he usually absorbs.

imo, and given some of the shoddy things that happen to him whilst on Earth, he is vastly underpowered, Loki's machinations don't make him anywhere near pre-banishment powers, let alone the awesome heights of his post reconciliation self.

Old-Wizard.com
that still doesn't really make up for what he lost as a result of being banished to the Earth and separated from the limitless amounts of PC he usually absorbs.

imo, and given some of the shoddy things that happen to him whilst on Earth, he is vastly underpowered, Loki's machinations don't make him anywhere near pre-banishment powers, let alone the awesome heights of his post reconciliation self.

I realize that, but surfer said more powerful than "I have EVER felt"

quanchi112
Mephisto needs some kind of cooperation to have any affect on someone's soul. If they are strong enough..even humans can overcome Mephisto. To Meph..it's mostly a game.

Galan does have feelings about what he has to do but he hides them well with his place in the cosmic hierarchy. If what he's done (murdering billions) is something that is considered evil by the presences law...then the attack would work. Especially considering that as powerful as Galactus is..he's still a mortal being..DNA and all. This is something that Odin shares.

A combination godblast attack from Odin and Light of heaven, or angelic scream from Asmodel should take care of Galactus. Galan shouldn't even be able to hurt him as long as he isn't in a flesh suit. The fact that the guys body is powerful enough to house blood that is a universal solvent that can destroy anything is testament to the angels power and durability.

That and the fact that since Azzy is far older than Galan and being a war angel would know all and any weakness...where magic is something Galan hates to deal with...Odin and Azzy have it in spades. Ive seen angels get oneshotted before. Asmodel although powerful would outright get raped by Galactus. Hes down rather quickly while Odin is the next to fall.

janus77
I realize that, but surfer said more powerful than "I have EVER felt"
hmm, not in the two scans above.
in one he mentions that his "Cosmic Force" isn't strong enough to withstand mjolnir, which isn't the same thing as Mjolnir/Thor > PC/Surfer, just more a statement of his, then present, condition.

the other one is a reiteration of that, just saying that Thor is a lot stronger than he thought and he's surprised that Thor didn't direct it offensively at him.

neither of the above actually suggests Thor > Surfer really.

Avlon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ive seen angels get oneshotted before. Asmodel although powerful would outright get raped by Galactus. Hes down rather quickly while Odin is the next to fall.

I've seen cosmics 1 shotted before as well.

Angels are to Asmodel what heralds are to galactus or an average asgardian is to Odin.

quanchi112
I've seen cosmics 1 shotted before as well.

Angels are to Asmodel what heralds are to galactus or an average asgardian is to Odin. But Asmodels replacment got oneshotted. Angles in dc arent anything great. Anything Asmodel accomplished in heaven was due to an army and Nerons help. Afterwards he took over the spectre so it wasnt his power that reekd havoc on earth.

Larceny
hmm, not in the two scans above.
in one he mentions that his "Cosmic Force" isn't strong enough to withstand mjolnir, which isn't the same thing as Mjolnir/Thor > PC/Surfer, just more a statement of his, then present, condition.

the other one is a reiteration of that, just saying that Thor is a lot stronger than he thought and he's surprised that Thor didn't direct it offensively at him.

neither of the above actually suggests Thor > Surfer really.

He says it. I'll post it if necessary. BTW, Asgard remains in an entirely different real than earth.

In two instances he mentions Thor's superiority. With Mjolnir in comparison to the PC, and in strength.

He claims Thor to be stronger than he, as in Surfer could ever know, but chose to hold back.

I don't know why not. Two direct statements admitting Thor's superiority while having his power agumented by Loki's, but if that isn't enough. Is this?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS15.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS16.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS17.jpg

Anyways, as Avlon said. The duo wins.

Larceny
Ive seen angels get oneshotted before. Asmodel although powerful would outright get raped by Galactus. Hes down rather quickly while Odin is the next to fall.

I've seen Galactus one shotted as well. In fact it was done by Odin's son. I recall Galactus claiming the attack nearly killed him.....

janus77
Originally posted by Larceny
He says it. I'll post it if necessary. BTW, Asgard remains in an entirely different real than earth.

In two instances he mentions Thor's superiority. With Mjolnir in comparison to the PC, and in strength.

He claims Thor to be stronger than he, as in Surfer could ever know, but chose to hold back.

I don't know why not. Two direct statements admitting Thor's superiority while having his power agumented by Loki's, but if that isn't enough. Is this?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS15.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS16.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/SilverS17.jpg

Anyways, as Avlon said. The duo wins.
what were those scans for?
confused

Surfer getting beat isn't a new concept to me, it's one of the more unedifying things about taking an interest in his adventures... he gets his arse handed to him a lot, because he rarely fights smart and never ever cuts lose or even close to it. he's a pacifist.

the statements in the first two scans are not conclusive nor without vagueness. they do not necessarily imply - nevermind state - what you are suggesting.

I am yet to be convinced of the Thor > Surfer idea.

Avlon
But Asmodels replacment got oneshotted. Angles in dc arent anything great. Anything Asmodel accomplished in heaven was due to an army and Nerons help. Afterwards he took over the spectre so it wasnt his power that reekd havoc on earth.

You said it yourself...that wasn't Asmodel.

Azzy was in the front lines and ran through everyone effortlessly until he got pwned by the presence.

Galan and his heralds would have gotten pwned in heaven.

Larceny
what were those scans for?
confused

Surfer getting beat isn't a new concept to me, it's one of the more unedifying things about taking an interest in his adventures... he gets his arse handed to him a lot, because he rarely fights smart and never ever cuts lose or even close to it. he's a pacifist.

the statements in the first two scans are not conclusive nor without vagueness. they do not necessarily imply - nevermind state - what you are suggesting.

I am yet to be convinced of the Thor > Surfer idea.

Further proof that Thor is Surfer's superior.

Which could also be said about Thor. However that fact remains that in direct combat Thor is depicted as Surfer's superior. That and in combat against above top tiers.

I suggest exactly what eh comic states. Nothing more, nothing less. According to Surfer's own word, Mjolnir is his portion of the PC's superior. His power source is inferior to Thor's.

If you chose to ignore the obvious be my guest.

smile

quanchi112
You said it yourself...that wasn't Asmodel.

Azzy was in the front lines and ran through everyone effortlessly until he got pwned by the presence.

Galan and his heralds would have gotten pwned in heaven. Dc heaven aint shit to conquer. Asmodel stormed through heaven and had a huge ass army with him. Neron played him for the fool he was.

Galactus and his heralds would crush heavens forces.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dc heaven aint shit to conquer. Asmodel stormed through heaven and had a huge ass army with him. Neron played him for the fool he was.

I just love how you tell us what would happen but dont' give not one reason why.

quanchi112
I just love how you tell us what would happen but dont' give not one reason why. Uhm Cronus did it wit ease and two other faiths have to help stop Cronus. He was oneshotting them with ease. Asmodel did it with almost no opposition with his angles and Nerons forces. Galactus>>Neron and Asmodel put together.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhm Cronus did it wit ease and two other faiths have to help stop Cronus. He was oneshotting them with ease. Asmodel did it with almost no opposition with his angles and Nerons forces. Galactus>>Neron and Asmodel put together.

Becuz you say so right. Besides the fact that Neron beats on pretty much anyone becuz he sees fit and Asmodel is totally invulnerable in his angelic body. Also the fact that cronus is a TITAN. You act as if all those guys are just push overs and this makes heaven's armies weaker. You can't even beat regular angels unless you can erase them from the book. you should buy more DC comics before you try and just put galactus as winning this.

Larceny
Becuz you say so right. Besides the fact that Neron beats on pretty much anyone becuz he sees fit and Asmodel is totally invulnerable in his angelic body. Also the fact that cronus is a TITAN. You act as if all those guys are just push overs and this makes heaven's armies weaker. You can't even beat regular angels unless you can erase them from the book. you should buy more DC comics before you try and just put galactus as winning this.

Didn't you say Galactus won this?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Didn't you say Galactus won this?
I haven't given my opinion just yet. I have just asked a few questions. And even if I think Big G wins this, that doesn't mean ODin or asmodel are pushovers that big could just walk in and pwn.

Avlon

This is almost sig worthy in it's hilarity.

Heralds get one shotted by magic and they are going to conquer heaven? LOL @ you.

Galan is going to beat someone who it took the presence to stop?

Odin and Azzy crush Galan.

They'll knock him around even easier than Thanos did.

quanchi112
Becuz you say so right. Besides the fact that Neron beats on pretty much anyone becuz he sees fit and Asmodel is totally invulnerable in his angelic body. Also the fact that cronus is a TITAN. You act as if all those guys are just push overs and this makes heaven's armies weaker. You can't even beat regular angels unless you can erase them from the book. you should buy more DC comics before you try and just put galactus as winning this. I have read both accounts of when heaven was taken over, it was done rather easily. Both times they stomped the shit out of heaven. Once they needed the presence to take away Asmodels powers and the second time the needed WW's help and two pantheons helping as well.

Again I say heaven looks like it wouldnt be that hard at all.

Galactus and his heralds would curbstomp it.

quanchi112
This is almost sig worthy in it's hilarity.

Heralds get one shotted by magic and they are going to conquer heaven? LOL @ you.

Galan is going to beat someone who it took the presence to stop?

Odin and Azzy crush Galan.

They'll knock him around even easier than Thanos did. Galactus had Thanos down and almost out in one blast. Thats after Thanos's final amp as well. Odin couldnt put him down in a whole issue. Thanos also had all his forceshields up against Galactus after an amp and in one blast.

Angels got oneshotted by Cronus. I mean it was the new king of the bullhost as well. Heaven isnt anything special.

Larceny
Galactus had Thanos down and almost out in one blast. Thats after Thanos's final amp as well. Odin couldnt put him down in a whole issue. Thanos also had all his forceshields up against Galactus after an amp and in one blast.

Angels got oneshotted by Cronus. I mean it was the new king of the bullhost as well. Heaven isnt anything special.

Within 5 hits Odin dropped Thanos. smile

Avlon
Galactus had Thanos down and almost out in one blast. Thats after Thanos's final amp as well. Odin couldnt put him down in a whole issue. Thanos also had all his forceshields up against Galactus after an amp and in one blast.

Galan was downed by Guardian.

Guardian>Galan>Thanos?

smile

quanchi112
Within 5 hits Odin dropped Thanos. smile One hit had Thanos almost down and out. Thanos also was amped and had all his defensive shielding up. Galactus is greater than Odin by quite a bit. smile

quanchi112
Galan was downed by Guardian.

Guardian>Galan>Thanos?

smile Galactus is still going to oneshot most of the angels he battles. Asmodel would die very quickly.

Remember Cronus oneshotted his replacement.

Larceny
One hit had Thanos almost down and out. Thanos also was amped and had all his defensive shielding up. Galactus is greater than Odin by quite a bit. smile

Nope he isn't. More powerful yes. By far? hell no. smile

Avlon
Galactus is still going to oneshot most of the angels he battles. Asmodel would die very quickly.

Remember Cronus oneshotted his replacement.

Galactus clone was destroyed by a planet.

That means SBP can beat Galactus.

Your logic does not apply.

Galan doesn't even have the tools to hurt Azzy...but Azzy can hurt Galan.

Add Odins skyfather magic and Galan is toast. After all...Odin and Azzy have a better record than Galactus who is almost the jobber that your buddy DS is.

Tenebrous

That and the fact that since Azzy is far older than Galan and being a war angel would know all and any weakness...where magic is something Galan hates to deal with...Odin and Azzy have it in spades.

Well there is more than 1 law playing here...i.e. that big G is essential to the universe and is beyond concepts of good and evil...that's how it applies in marvel. if we factor in the presence's law then we put the contest squarely in dc...i.e. non-neutral ground.

Galactus has no DNA...and he is not a mortal being per se. True starlin had that whole abomination called infinity abyss, though there have been more instances citing that galactus has no dna vs. instances citing that he does. (i don't have issues off the top of my head but could dig them out...if absolutely necessary). Galactus is actually more an energy being than something with DNA. He's also semi-abstract. He's the combination of a mortal man and the previous eternity. clearly he's much more than mortal...consumption still plays to his mortal side but the vast cosmic power plays to his Eternity side. Not surprising therefore that the more galactus consumes, the more powerful he gets.

So in summary, he does not have dna. In fact starlin is, IIRC, the only writer to state that he has DNA, and continuity has suggested otherwise. In addition, being merged with the previous incarnation of Eternity, an abstract who only qualifies the Living Tribunal as a superior power, immediately disqualifies any discussion of G being just...mortal.

Avlon
Well there is more than 1 law playing here...i.e. that big G is essential to the universe and is beyond concepts of good and evil...that's how it applies in marvel. if we factor in the presence's law then we put the contest squarely in dc...i.e. non-neutral ground.

Galactus has no DNA...and he is not a mortal being per se. True starlin had that whole abomination called infinity abyss, though there have been more instances citing that galactus has no dna vs. instances citing that he does. (i don't have issues off the top of my head but could dig them out...if absolutely necessary). Galactus is actually more an energy being than something with DNA. He's also semi-abstract. He's the combination of a mortal man and the previous eternity. clearly he's much more than mortal...consumption still plays to his mortal side but the vast cosmic power plays to his Eternity side. Not surprising therefore that the more galactus consumes, the more powerful he gets.

So in summary, he does not have dna. In fact starlin is, IIRC, the only writer to state that he has DNA, and continuity has suggested otherwise. In addition, being merged with the previous incarnation of Eternity, an abstract who only qualifies the Living Tribunal as a superior power, immediately disqualifies any discussion of G being just...mortal.

I'm all for Galan not having not being a being bounded by DNA, but unfortunately..he does as Thanos was able to create Omega. Unless that get's retconned, it poses a huge problem there.

On top of that.... Omega was supposed to be more powerful than Galactus himself...so his DNA was improved on.

That storyline should never have existed.

Tenebrous
I'm all for Galan not having not being a being bounded by DNA, but unfortunately..he does as Thanos was able to create Omega. Unless that get's retconned, it poses a huge problem there.

On top of that.... Omega was supposed to be more powerful than Galactus himself...so his DNA was improved on.

That storyline should never have existed.

True the characters stated on panel that Omega>Galactus, but the on-panel feats suggested WAAAYYYY otherwise.

off the top of my head...

omega gets blinded by spider-man's webbing, and can't locate any of the heroes because he has webs in front of his eyes. <<<<<<Galactus' cosmic awareness

omega blasts thanos...thanos activates three-defensive shields to protect himself from the blast, and nearly gets ruined.<<<<<<Galactus blasting thanos...thanos activates ALL defensive shields to protect himself from the blast, and he does get ruined.

omega dies from planetary impact<<<<<<<Galactus surviving the collision of two planets, after being hungry, and after fighting Hunger

And i am talking about Infinity abyss vs. the Thanos limited series...so starlin wrote both and he contradicted himself in each.

anyway the point is moot. we can agree to disagree but as far as i know the omega fiasco is the only point in the history of galactus where his dna was involved.

Avlon
True the characters stated on panel that Omega>Galactus, but the on-panel feats suggested WAAAYYYY otherwise.

off the top of my head...

omega gets blinded by spider-man's webbing, and can't locate any of the heroes because he has webs in front of his eyes. <<<<<<Galactus' cosmic awareness

omega blasts thanos...thanos activates three-defensive shields to protect himself from the blast, and nearly gets ruined.<<<<<<Galactus blasting thanos...thanos activates ALL defensive shields to protect himself from the blast, and he does get ruined.

omega dies from planetary impact<<<<<<<Galactus surviving the collision of two planets, after being hungry, and after fighting Hunger

And i am talking about Infinity abyss vs. the Thanos limited series...so starlin wrote both and he contradicted himself in each.

anyway the point is moot. we can agree to disagree but as far as i know the omega fiasco is the only point in the history of galactus where his dna was involved.

The dna is canon...a whole canon storyline is based upon it.

We do agree that the storyline was crap.

quanchi112
Galactus clone was destroyed by a planet.

That means SBP can beat Galactus.

Your logic does not apply.

Galan doesn't even have the tools to hurt Azzy...but Azzy can hurt Galan.

Add Odins skyfather magic and Galan is toast. After all...Odin and Azzy have a better record than Galactus who is almost the jobber that your buddy DS is. Has Galactus been destroyed in the same manner as Omega has? Answer is no. The funny thing is you are actually ridiculous with your kryptonian love.

Azzy's replacement was oneshotted. Asmodel didnt have any more power than his replacement.

What impressive feats does Azzy have?

Wanna compare?

Avlon
Has Galactus been destroyed in the same manner as Omega has? Answer is no.

Smells...

Azzy's replacement was oneshotted. Asmodel didnt have any more power than his replacement.

...hypocrytical....

Omega was stated to be more powerful than Galactus...and Asmodel was shown to be invulnerable until the presence took him out.

Magnestism defeated Galan.

quanchi112
Smells...

...hypocrytical....

Omega was stated to be more powerful than Galactus...and Asmodel was shown to be invulnerable until the presence took him out.

Magnestism defeated Galan. Omega was in one story. Asmodel wasnt invulnerable...what are you talking about....his replacement was killed with ease.....same powers laughing laughing

Ill go find the scan so I can laugh.....

quanchi112
Look at how pathetic the leader of the bull host is

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/wwv2150-17.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
Within 5 hits Odin dropped Thanos. smile Almost...

Also, 1 hit = 5 hits? confused

Avlon

Look how pathetic 3x stronger than galactus is:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9181/omega73np.jpg

And u expect him to get past heaven...LMAO.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight100-27.jpg

laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight100-27.jpg

laughing You forgot the next page.smile

nvrbeenwthagirl

That's not asmodel. What is your point? we are talking about asmodel and odin here. Not anyone else.

Avlon
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
You forgot the next page.smile

"Weakened state....PROBLEMS COPING WITH THIS DIMENSIONAL PLANE."

Sounds bad for Galan.... I preffered to leave it out since it makes his case worse...but ok...here goes. smile

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight100-28.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
So Galactus jobbers as a cosmic being who even in his weakened state should be blasting apart stars, and DS who has been on the source wall a couple times at least, jobbers and he's not weakened? The very first time DS hit the source wall, it was depowering him. Every showing after he first hit the Source wall is suspect. the double standard amazes me.

Mr. Slippyfist
no expression

laughing out loud

"Weakened state....PROBLEMS COPING WITH THIS DIMENSIONAL PLANE."
Both of them combined had to do with his fall.

I can't see how that makes him look worse, as all Guardian did was beat a weakened Galactus, who also had troubles in the dimension plane he was in. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
no expression

laughing out loud

I can't see how that makes him look worse, as all Guardian did was beat a weakened Galactus, who also had troubles in the dimension plane he was in. erm
Actually it makes him look terrible. The heroes had no problem with the dimensional plane but Big G does? WTF.

Mr. Slippyfist
Actually it makes him look terrible. The heroes had no problem with the dimensional plane but Big G does? WTF. Relevancy?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Relevancy?
It's relevant to the fact that it makes big G look aweful. He has problems with something that those heroes do not? Rediculous. Excuses are for the weak. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Slippyfist
It's relevant to the fact that it makes big G look aweful. He has problems with something that those heroes do not? Rediculous. Excuses are for the weak. roll eyes (sarcastic) He's a major cosmic.
He was taken out of his universe. Heroes don't draw, or need to sustain their powers... Galactus does. smile

Don't you make excuses in almost every one of your posts? confused

Anyway, cheerio.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He's a major cosmic.
He was taken out of his universe. Heroes don't draw, or need to sustain their powers... Galactus does. smile

Don't you make excuses in almost every one of your posts? confused

Anyway, cheerio.
IT was he who started with the universe. every universe is essentially from the same bang that birthed him.

Mr. Slippyfist
IT was he who started with the universe. every universe is essentially from the same bang that birthed him. 'Dimensional Plane' smile

quanchi112
That's not asmodel. What is your point? we are talking about asmodel and odin here. Not anyone else. The point is he is Asmodels replacement. Im sure he has the same exact powers as any old leader of the bull host of the pax dei. He was oneshotted and heaven was just stomped. Good thing WW showed up and disarmed that sickle. smile

quanchi112
It's relevant to the fact that it makes big G look aweful. He has problems with something that those heroes do not? Rediculous. Excuses are for the weak. roll eyes (sarcastic) I could go on about how stupid and how easy it seems it is to depower Mxy. The guys a joke. He literally is a joke. Talk about pathetic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The point is he is Asmodels replacement. Im sure he has the same exact powers as any old leader of the bull host of the pax dei. He was oneshotted and heaven was just stomped. Good thing WW showed up and disarmed that sickle. smile

no. Does cyclops have the exact same power as the old leader of the xmen? Professor xavier? You example was bullshit and you know it. this thread is about Asmodel. not his replacement.

quanchi112
no. Does cyclops have the exact same power as the old leader of the xmen? Professor xavier? You example was bullshit and you know it. this thread is about Asmodel. not his replacement. His replacement got oneshotted. Shows you how weak these angles are in the face of true power. And with regards to this Im sure he had the same powers as Asmodel.

Galactus>Cronus>Asmodel=His replacement.

nvrbeenwthagirl
His replacement got oneshotted. Shows you how weak these angles are in the face of true power. And with regards to this Im sure he had the same powers as Asmodel.

Galactus>Cronus>Asmodel=His replacement.

Asmodel was never one shotted. The example sounds like something a 5th grader would try to pull. Is president bush the same as president clinton? Get that bullshit out of here. Asmodel's body housed the universal solvant. He had the light of heaven. Did his replacement?

quanchi112
Asmodel was never one shotted. The example sounds like something a 5th grader would try to pull. Is president bush the same as president clinton? Get that bullshit out of here. Asmodel's body housed the universal solvant. He had the light of heaven. Did his replacement? President Bush has the same authority as Clinton. smile

Who did Asmodel beat up on that makes him so powerful?

Provide examples,please.

nvrbeenwthagirl
President Bush has the same authority as Clinton. smile

Provide examples,please.

Who has thor Beat up that is anywhere near who Odin beat up? Provide examples please. I can play the quan game too. Your logic fails.

quanchi112
Who has thor Beat up that is anywhere near who Odin beat up? Provide examples please. I can play the quan game too. Your logic fails. Thor has beaten Mangog and Surtur.

You know two guys who beat Odin.

Now its your turn.

Again whats Asmodel done?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor has beaten Mangog and Surtur.

You know two guys who beat Odin.

Now its your turn.

Again whats Asmodel done?

Taken over the cosmos. The presence himself had to step in. Next.

123KID
Mangog never beat Odin Odin destryed Mangos' race and recreated his race at will

SA Mangog had the power to beat Odin though

123KID
the mere fact people are bringing up the Classic Thor feat with GodBlasting Galactus shows the Galactus hate and bias in here

anyone with half a brain knows that feat is dumbshit and the gap in power between Galactus and regular Thor is in the hundreds Galactus could probably kill Thor with one shot

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by 123KID
the mere fact people are bringing up the Classic Thor feat with GodBlasting Galactus shows the Galactus hate and bias in here

anyone with half a brain knows that feat is dumbshit and the gap in power between Galactus and regular Thor is in the hundreds Galactus could probably kill Thor with one shot

Of course the feat is dumbshit. The problem is that people like to use that feat as part of Thor's great arsenal. Boo Hoo. If the feat is valid for thor, then it's just as valid for Big G. Plus Big G got pwned by a canadian.

Avlon
no expression

laughing out loud

If he had problems drawing power in that plane which is essentially just another universe...then Heaven would be far worse considering it's divine nature and lack of cosmic rules.

Asmodel would make short work of the guy is Guardian took him out. With Odin at full strength with him G would get crushed.

Universal solvent for blood, destroying matter with judgement, light of heaven. Doesn't look good for G.

quanchi112
Taken over the cosmos. The presence himself had to step in. Next. Presence didnt have to step in. He took the presences power. Its that easy its just no one in dc has the resolve to hold this kind of power. Really I cant blame them becuz Thanos is from marvel and cant get the presences power. We know he could handle it but Cronus and the Spectre cant handle this kind of power.

smile

quanchi112
Of course the feat is dumbshit. The problem is that people like to use that feat as part of Thor's great arsenal. Boo Hoo. If the feat is valid for thor, then it's just as valid for Big G. Plus Big G got pwned by a canadian. Was Galactus just battlling Thor when he used the godblast?

quanchi112
Again who has Asmodel beat that makes him all that. Waiting on anyone to actually back up this guy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Presence didnt have to step in. He took the presences power. Its that easy its just no one in dc has the resolve to hold this kind of power. Really I cant blame them becuz Thanos is from marvel and cant get the presences power. We know he could handle it but Cronus and the Spectre cant handle this kind of power.

smile

You are confusing Cronus and asmodel aren't you?

Soljer
President Bush has the same authority as Clinton. smile

Provide examples,please.

But who can bench press more?

quanchi112
You are confusing Cronus and asmodel aren't you? Presnece gave Asmodel his power. the guy was so stupid and fell for Nerons tricks. I mean his whole plan was folly and he paid for it. He wanted to atack the presence when he couldnt directly unless he assaulted reality. Lets face it he kicked heavens ass with ease. Oh yeah he had an army to. smile

Avlon
Presnece gave Asmodel his power. the guy was so stupid and fell for Nerons tricks. I mean his whole plan was folly and he paid for it. He wanted to atack the presence when he couldnt directly unless he assaulted reality. Lets face it he kicked heavens ass with ease. Oh yeah he had an army to. smile

Issue # where Asmodel had the presences full power?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
But who can bench press more? I said they have the same authority.

With asmodel and his replacemen its not like they have to work for their powers its given to them. Presence wouldnt be hesistant to give them the same power becuz even if the do choose to rebel they arent a threat to the Presence.

quanchi112
Issue # where Asmodel had the presences full power? Cronus had the full power not Asmodel. Asmodel didnt even know what the Presence was essentially. He was kinda stupid in that sense.

Neron played him for a fool. laughing

TricksterPriest
Cronus had the full power not Asmodel. Asmodel didnt even know what the Presence was essentially. He was kinda stupid in that sense.

Kinda like how Thanos got duped into destroying the universe by TOAA in Marvel: The End? stick out tongue

quanchi112
Kinda like how Thanos got duped into destroying the universe by TOAA in Marvel: The End? stick out tongue Thanos still could handle the power. TOAA needed him to help erase or change the flaw. I mean wow. Cronus just came up and seized power that he couldnt even control.

Again TOAA needed Thanos.

stick out tongue

Avlon
Cronus had the full power not Asmodel. Asmodel didnt even know what the Presence was essentially. He was kinda stupid in that sense.

Neron ran when the presence got involved.

Too bad it takes far less than the spectre essence or the presence to stop Galactus. Things like.....magnetism....LOL

Team ftw. Galactus is crushed.

quanchi112
Neron ran when the presence got involved.

Too bad it takes far less than the spectre essence or the presence to stop Galactus. Things like.....magnetism....LOL

Team ftw. Galactus is crushed. If the team won it would be due to Odin although I still dont think its enough for a decently fed Galactus. Amodel is the weak link here and if they managed a win it would be due to Odin piggybacking him.

Avlon
If the team won it would be due to Odin although I still dont think its enough for a decently fed Galactus. Amodel is the weak link here and if they managed a win it would be due to Odin piggybacking him.

You can favor it however your warped logic likes.

Either way the team wins.

TricksterPriest
Thanos still could handle the power. TOAA needed him to help erase or change the flaw. I mean wow. Cronus just came up and seized power that he couldnt even control.

Again TOAA needed Thanos.

stick out tongue

No.....TOAA wanted Thanos to get the power. It set up the entire scenario so Thanos could take the power. But what Cronus tried to do was take in the power without the presence's consent. So it basically smashed him by sensory overload. Which curiously enough, didn't happen to Thanos. I could argue that it's harder to control DC's godpower, but that would be wrong.

So I'll just say that Thanos was set up to win, and the deck was stacked in his favor. Cronus tried to take the power and the omniscience and authority. Thanos only acquired the power, not the omniscience or authority. Key difference there.

quanchi112
You can favor it however your warped logic likes.

Either way the team wins. They dont win I was just saying if they did it woul dbe due to Odin.

Galactus>Odin>Asmodel

Care to disagree with this?

Larceny
This really isn't much a discussion. Either of the two on the team would give Galactus a fair bout, together they would crush him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
They dont win I was just saying if they did it woul dbe due to Odin.

Galactus>Odin>Asmodel

Don't seem to remember Asmodel being weaker than Odin. Care to give us how you came up with this summation? And it seems very biased of you to say it would be due to odin. IF they win, it would be due to BOTH of them.

Avlon
They dont win I was just saying if they did it woul dbe due to Odin.

Galactus>Odin>Asmodel

Asmodel ran through heaven until the presence had to stop him.

Galactus?

quanchi112
Asmodel ran through heaven until the presence had to stop him.

Galactus? He had a huge army with him and Neron and some of his cronies. Dont leave that huge part out. Both times heaven was attacked they needed outside help to stop it. The angles got crushed it the point on both occasions.

smile

Avlon
He had a huge army with him and Neron and some of his cronies. Dont leave that huge part out. Both times heaven was attacked they needed outside help to stop it. The angles got crushed it the point on both occasions.

smile

He was on the front line running through opposition easily.

Galactus?

quanchi112
He was on the front line running through opposition easily.

Galactus? His opposition was weak and he still had quite the army accompanying him.

The whole point is I want you to see how weak these angels are. Both times heaven was just crushed.

Avlon
His opposition was weak and he still had quite the army accompanying him.

The whole point is I want you to see how weak these angels are. Both times heaven was just crushed.

So you have no great examples then.

Galan would get crushed in heaven even easier than Guardian did it. smile

quanchi112
So you have no great examples then.

Galan would get crushed in heaven even easier than Guardian did it. smile Galactus would crush the mightiest of the angels seen in both of these stories.

Ok excluding Michael,Lcy, and any other vertigo character give me an example of Zauriel or Asmodel doing something pretty amazing by himself.

Doom and Gloom
If multiple skyfathers couldn't harm Arishem they ain't touching Galactus. Galactus kills them easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
If multiple skyfathers couldn't harm Arishem they ain't touching Galactus. Galactus kills them easily. It would be funny to watch these jokers challenge the mighty Galactus.

123KID
who was in Heaven at the time ?

surely not Michael

so name feats for the angels there at the time that outclass Galactus' showings

Larceny
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
If multiple skyfathers couldn't harm Arishem they ain't touching Galactus. Galactus kills them easily.

Arshiem's showings against Thor >>>>> Galactus showings against Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
who was in Heaven at the time ?

surely not Michael

so name feats for the angels there at the time that outclass Galactus' showings
Why is mike not in heaven? Surely you don't think that mikey from Vertigo is the only version of mikey in the DC verse do you?

123KID
it depends if you think Vertigo is canon to the main DC Universe

but you thinK Asmodel is stronger than Michael ? it's easily what you'd be implying if you keep with the line Asmodel ran through heaven and it took The Presence to end it

nvrbeenwthagirl

but you thinK Asmodel is stronger than Michael ? it's easily what you'd be implying if you keep with the line Asmodel ran through heaven and it took The Presence to end it
Vertigo is canon unto itself. There are characters who can move freely betweent he wrealms. And Mikey doesn't act unless God himself tells him to.

quanchi112
Vertigo is canon unto itself. There are characters who can move freely betweent he wrealms. And Mikey doesn't act unless God himself tells him to. Didnt youtell me before that there were two different presences?

quanchi112
Don't seem to remember Asmodel being weaker than Odin. Care to give us how you came up with this summation? And it seems very biased of you to say it would be due to odin. IF they win, it would be due to BOTH of them. Odin's feats mainly. Yeah and what did Asmodel do that has everyone afraid of him?

quanchi112
No.....TOAA wanted Thanos to get the power. It set up the entire scenario so Thanos could take the power. But what Cronus tried to do was take in the power without the presence's consent. So it basically smashed him by sensory overload. Which curiously enough, didn't happen to Thanos. I could argue that it's harder to control DC's godpower, but that would be wrong.

So I'll just say that Thanos was set up to win, and the deck was stacked in his favor. Cronus tried to take the power and the omniscience and authority. Thanos only acquired the power, not the omniscience or authority. Key difference there. No no no no.

Thanos had experience with power like this. Infinity gauntlet ring a bell so thru his own experiences and his immense power he survived this. TOAA didnt just hand it to him Thanos had to go take it and he survived on his own. Cronus freaked out an doculdnt handle the power while Thanos was born for it.

Again TOAA needed Thanos while Cronus was just plain overwhelmed. I liked Cronus. But he doesnt measure up to Thanos at all.

quanchi112

but you thinK Asmodel is stronger than Michael ? it's easily what you'd be implying if you keep with the line Asmodel ran through heaven and it took The Presence to end it See there you have it vertigo characters havent bailed out heaven in dc. In neither of these two stories did anyone come in and bail heaven out angelwise. It took the presence becuz his angels were so weak and the second time it could two pantheons and WW. wink

Avlon
Galactus would crush the mightiest of the angels seen in both of these stories.

Ok excluding Michael,Lcy, and any other vertigo character give me an example of Zauriel or Asmodel doing something pretty amazing by himself.

Zauriel was purposely depowered. It was his condition to become mortal.

Show me something canon from Galactus that is on part with Asmodel needing to be stopped by the presence.

Utrigita
Galatus ftw

kevdude
His opposition was weak and he still had quite the army accompanying him.

I think your forgetting how much PREP they needed in order to even think about attacking Heaven! The Word has been shown in DCU and (mainly) Vertigo and its not known if the writers didn't think about using him or he was to busy worshipping the big guy like he's always shown, that he didn't care.

Odin/Asmodel should win.

quanchi112
Zauriel was purposely depowered. It was his condition to become mortal.

Show me something canon from Galactus that is on part with Asmodel needing to be stopped by the presence. He only needed to be stopped by the presence in heaven. He showed up to earth and he was a two issue storyline. Please dont give this guy to much credit here. He didnt even dominate Superman which he should have immediately if he is anywhere near as powerful as you claim.

The reason my friend the presence needed to depower him to stop him is becuz heaven couldnt stop him. Heaven needed tha becuz on its own it went down quite easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
I think your forgetting how much PREP they needed in order to even think about attacking Heaven! The Word has been shown in DCU and (mainly) Vertigo and its not known if the writers didn't think about using him or he was to busy worshipping the big guy like he's always shown, that he didn't care.

Odin/Asmodel should win. Nah,Cronus just showed up issued a challenge and curbstomped it. You are overrating dc heaven. Both times heaven needed outside help. One they needed the presence to step in and the other the needed ww and two pantheons to step in to save it. Without the presence heaven isnt as poweful in dc as you make it out to be.

kevdude
Nah,Cronus just showed up issued a challenge and curbstomped it. You are overrating dc heaven. Both times heaven needed outside help. One they needed the presence to step in and the other the needed ww and two pantheons to step in to save it. Without the presence heaven isnt as poweful in dc as you make it out to be.

No Cronus just didn't decide one day to take Heaven over when he should have known he would fail in the end. They didn't need the two pantheons and WW at all, they could have beaten them alone. The only reason they didn't was because of Cronus with alot of the power of the Godwave at his command, any of the angels could have easily found out Cronus only controlled a object containing that power, that is how WW found at and she did it by mistake, wow good job WW. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
No Cronus just didn't decide one day to take Heaven over when he should have known he would fail in the end. They didn't need the two pantheons and WW at all, they could have beaten them alone. The only reason they didn't was because of Cronus with alot of the power of the Godwave at his command, any of the angels could have easily found out Cronus only controlled a object containing that power, that is how WW found at and she did it by mistake, wow good job WW. roll eyes (sarcastic) Uhm WW and the two pantheons that showed up along with her saved the day. The angels were just dying left and right. laughing

Its funny how these angels were clueless and how they were getting oneshotted and pimpslapped. Angels defending heaven in dc aint shit really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.