Phoenix vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
Rachel Summers overtaken by the Phoenix Force vs Nine of the most powerful beings in the marvel universe:

(9 companions to challenge the nine ringwraiths)

King Thor
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill

Prof. X
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt

Sentry
Firelord
The Hulk (at his maddest ala WWH)

both sides have 1 day prep time (big for dr. strange)

rougeredmage
when will people learn that the phoenix force isnt that powerfulll?? phoenix has been shown to be roughly equal to galactcus

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by rougeredmage
when will people learn that the phoenix force isnt that powerfulll?? phoenix has been shown to be roughly equal to galactcus

That's still more than enough to take out this team.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by rougeredmage

Galactus isnt all that powerful?

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
That's still more than enough to take out this team.

Not necessarily. Classic Thor has held off Galactus, so has Strange.

Soljer
Strange and King Thor are their only chances, and even those seem slim in my opinion.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Soljer
Strange and King Thor are their only chances, and even those seem slim in my opinion.

I think surfer/firelord and sentry do some majour damage.

Xplosive
It depends, The team wouldn't be a close match for the full power of the Pheonix Force. Rachel never close used it's full power.
She was afraid of using it's high power.

Mr Master
In the new What-If coming out this month,

Vulcan breaks into the White Hot Room,
kills all the Phoenix Avatars,
and seemingly usurps the Phoenix Force's powers too.

If Vulcan can do that ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

But still, we'll have to wait to see the rest.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mr Master

This team has no chance at all.

guy222
Originally posted by Mr Master

It comes out tomorrow

Bouboumaster
What Rachel would do with one day of prep?

LordKaos
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
What Rachel would do with one day of prep?

Knowing Rachel she would probably just look at her holempathic crystal and say how much she missed her mom, then us the Phoenix to burn them all away.

Mr. Slippyfist
Didn't regular Thor punk her?

Soljer
Anyone else read the what-if?

Mr. Slippyfist
Anyone else read the what-if? Ya... it was alright...
Surprised to see them use Annihilation in it though...

guy222
It was good

id369

xjustice69x

id369
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Didn't regular Thor punk her?

Yeah, though that was Rachael in her early days as the Phoenix. But then again, Thor has insane feats of his own.

Anyone else read the what-if?
I did, not to bad.

Originally posted by xjustice69x
yea ide say it has to do with his energy manipulation and the phoenix force amped that alot im sure
I am somewhat disappointed in Vulcan in general. Energy manipulation can be extremely broken, and he is suppose to be Beyond Omega (I know, its really just Omega). But his energy manipulation, are not shown to be consistently high.

With one day prep, and heavy hitters like Thor and Silver Surfer. Add on Dr. Strange ability to whore prep time. I can see them winning.

Xplosive
Originally posted by LordKaos
One question, since much of the story took place in the M'Kraan crystal and the WHR, is this considered cannon for the Phoenix/Jean, I mean I would personally call it that because the two places are nexus points for the entire multiverse and possibly the omniverse. Just curious.

I think it could be or probably is, since it's probably the nexus of all realities.

Xplosive

id369

ExodusCloak
The WHR Is located inside the M'Kraan Crystal. Vulcan enters the WHR through the M'Kraan Crystal the same way Xavier did. The same way Psylocke and Rachel did. The same way Jamie did.

You then have Kid Omega protest that he's not supposed to be here that he would have been better off had he died in his Mothers Womb.

Then you have Vulcan feel the power steal it, kill every member of the Phoenix Corps and steal Rachel and Korvus' Force.

He absorbs the entire Force and can hear Jean inside him. The force is consuming him similar to how it did with Emma in Endsong. The Force reacts poorly to negative emotions and this was picked up in Warsong when Celeste was able to act as a host. After a fight with his family he gives up the Force releasing it and then dying. He then lands up in the WHR and see's "Jean Force" appear.
Anyway since the WHR is the nexus of all realities I guess it's only Kid Vulcan and Jean in the WHR now.

LordKaos
It all seemed like on of those things the Phoenix/Jean was expecting. He was allowed by the Phoenix/Jean to get as far as he did, hence her asking him in the beginning what he wanted, he got what he wanted, revenge and power, turns out all he wanted was to be loved, she burned away Vulcan, until only Gabriel was left and gave him what he wanted a second chance at growing up knowing that his family cared about him he was at peace. As the for the Phoenix corps, there is no reason to think that any of them are dead permanently they are the Phoenix corps and were already in the hospital when he "killed" them. Jamie never entered the WHR, he was viewing it from Otherworld and managed to pull Psylocke and Rachel out of it. How Rachel and Psylocke ended up there is a mystery, but it wasn't the same way Xavier or Vulcan did, since the Crystal was not present during HoM.

ExodusCloak
As the for the Phoenix corps, there is no reason to think that any of them are dead permanently they are the Phoenix corps and were already in the hospital when he "killed" them.

Difference here is he wiped out the souls of those Phoenix Corps in the WHR and then absorbed their power and then killed them. The souls of the dead "Phoenixes" go there and wait to be reborn. Vulcan wiped them out so who knows how that works. With no soul there's no way of coming back. Having your physical form destroyed is one thing. Having your soul form destroyed is another.

LordKaos
Jean's body is in the WHR and Quentin Quire no longer has a body, so far the only beings to have been seen in the WHR have been corporeal.

ExodusCloak
Jean's body is in the WHR and Quentin Quire no longer has a body, so far the only beings to have been seen in the WHR have been corporeal.

Jeans soul was in the WHR in Here Comes Tommorrow. Here body was only transported to the WHR during the events in Endsong.
QQ still has a body which is lying in the mansion. His "soul" however is well was in the WHR until it got destroyed. Jean is the only Phoenix who ascended to the WHR with both body and soul.

xjustice69x
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
. Jean is the only Phoenix who ascended to the WHR with both body and soul.
what about vulcan? did he not do the same?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by xjustice69x
what about vulcan? did he not do the same?

True he did he never died and went there. Jean died her soul went there, the force came to Earth and claimed her body because it believes that her body is one of it's fragments.

LordKaos
Jean's body was in the Phoenix egg on the moon, it hatched all the other stuff happened and said body was taken into the WHR.

ExodusCloak
Jean's body was in the Phoenix egg on the moon, it hatched all the other stuff happened and said body was taken into the WHR.

IRRC I don't remember, it's been a while since I read that arc but did they say her body was placed in the Phoenix Egg? Her body was buried in a grave, Emma and Scott stood over it before the events of HCT occured. So how would her body have gotten from her grave site on Earth to the Moon in a Phoenix Egg? Would the Phoenix Egg not just be the Force manifesting as Jean and finally being whole again?

After that Jean amputated the timeline 616 was back on track.

Then the Force came to Earth to look for its fragments( Apparently it considers Jeans Body one of those fragments) in Endsong and took it to the WHR.

Also in Classic X-Men #43 she died and became a White Phoenix and met death her physcial body was placed in a grave then as well IRRC so I presume it was her soul that met death.

LordKaos
IMO he did not ascend he broke in and claimed the energy for himself. In the WHR we must assume that the Phoenix is in it's natural state, energy without consciousness, explaining why Necrom was able to use a piece of it without being possessed . It appears that hosts/avatars serve as the consciousness of the Phoenix as it usually only speaks through them or by assuming their forms, it is merely a force governed by power and passion, the immune system of creation. That's why it can be swayed, used and confused, outside of it's hosts/avatar and when not doing Phoenix work, it only knows longing and will do anything to feel and be once it is manifested on the physical plane.

LordKaos
IRRC I don't remember, it's been a while since I read that arc but did they say her body was placed in the Phoenix Egg? Her body was buried in a grave, Emma and Scott stood over it before the events of HCT occured. So how would her body have gotten from her grave site on Earth to the Moon in a Phoenix Egg? Would the Phoenix Egg not just be the Force manifesting as Jean and finally being whole again?

After that Jean amputated the timeline 616 was back on track.

Then the Force came to Earth to look for its fragments( Apparently it considers Jeans Body one of those fragments) in Endsong and took it to the WHR.

Also in Classic X-Men #43 she died and became a White Phoenix and met death her physcial body was placed in a grave then as well IRRC so I presume it was her soul that met death.

The body in the egg was the body that was used during the Phoenix saga, just like when Jean died her body was placed in a cocoon, she was released when her soul left the body that was killed and finally reconnected with her body. The egg was in the blue area of the moon where the other Jean died, and it was obviously a body and not a soul when it hatched, the body used during here comes tomorrow was not killed it materialized in the WHR after Jean began to remember who she was and what she was reborn to do.

Forgive me but I don't remember an instance when Jeans body was removed from the moon, there was only a grave site, just like Magneto being killed by Wolverine on Genosha, there was never a body buried even though Xavier was carrying a coffin around that was supposed to have one in it.

Xplosive
Difference here is he wiped out the souls of those Phoenix Corps in the WHR and then absorbed their power and then killed them. The souls of the dead "Phoenixes" go there and wait to be reborn. Vulcan wiped them out so who knows how that works. With no soul there's no way of coming back. Having your physical form destroyed is one thing. Having your soul form destroyed is another.

I think in either case, if Jean wants them back, she will ressurect them.

Now, Vulcan and Jean (she was before) are in in the WHR, also Gabriel body.

ExodusCloak
The body in the egg was the body that was used during the Phoenix saga, just like when Jean died her body was placed in a cocoon, she was released when her soul left the body that was killed and finally reconnected with her body. The egg was in the blue area of the moon where the other Jean died, and it was obviously a body and not a soul when it hatched, the body used during here comes tomorrow was not killed it materialized in the WHR after Jean began to remember who she was and what she was reborn to do.

Forgive me but I don't remember an instance when Jeans body was removed from the moon, there was only a grave site, just like Magneto being killed by Wolverine on Genosha, there was never a body buried even though Xavier was carrying a coffin around that was supposed to have one in it.

If that is the case then it wasn't her real physical body in the HCT arc it was the Phoenix that created a duplicate of her body for her like it did in that Classic X-Men issue. And her real body was lying in her grave on Earth.

Fair point about her grave back then but it still doesn't change the fact that Quentin Quires body(Which we saw in Warsong) did not ascend to the WHR. Only his soul/"consciousness" did. His body is still lying in the basement. When Vulcan destroyed him. Vulcan absorbed his Phoenix powers and then attacked and destroyed Quentin in his soul form somehow.

Originally posted by Xplosive
I think in either case, if Jean wants them back, she will ressurect them.

Now, Vulcan and Jean (she was before) are in in the WHR, also Gabriel body.

That's assuming she can ressurect something where no soul exists anymore and that they didn't create this story to get rid of more Phoenix convolution eg the Phoenix Corps.

LordKaos
I still think that if they were killed they can come back, if you can't reconstitute a soul in the heart of creation then what good are you? I also still stick to them not being souls in the sense of immaterial beings they have physical bodies as the WHR seems to be a "physical" place that can be access through ascension or getting passed the nightmare effect. One can also assume that Vulcan has no idea what he is talking about since he said he killed them, they are part of the Phoenix and the Phoenix was not destroyed it was temporarily absorbed. But no matter this can go on for days, and I just don't feel like it. Whether they are souls bodies or illusions I think the Phoenix can bring them back (all things are possible when the Phoenix is involved), and if it doesn't, meh.

Xplosive
I still think that if they were killed they can come back, if you can't reconstitute a soul in the heart of creation then what good are you? I also still stick to them not being souls in the sense of immaterial beings they have physical bodies as the WHR seems to be a "physical" place that can be access through ascension or getting passed the nightmare effect. One can also assume that Vulcan has no idea what he is talking about since he said he killed them, they are part of the Phoenix and the Phoenix was not destroyed it was temporarily absorbed. But no matter this can go on for days, and I just don't feel like it. Whether they are souls bodies or illusions I think the Phoenix can bring them back (all things are possible when the Phoenix is involved), and if it doesn't, meh.

Yes, PF was absorbed, because Jean allowed it. Then Rachel said, she has no idea, how could Vulcan tore the piece of PF out of her. It was because of Jean.
And I don't see in any case being a problem for Jean bringing them back, if Vulcan killed them.

id369

Xplosive

id369

Mr Master
The WHR Is located inside the M'Kraan Crystal. Vulcan enters the WHR through the M'Kraan Crystal the same way Xavier did. The same way Psylocke and Rachel did. The same way Jamie did.

You then have Kid Omega protest that he's not supposed to be here that he would have been better off had he died in his Mothers Womb.

Then you have Vulcan feel the power steal it, kill every member of the Phoenix Corps and steal Rachel and Korvus' Force.

He absorbs the entire Force and can hear Jean inside him. The force is consuming him similar to how it did with Emma in Endsong. The Force reacts poorly to negative emotions and this was picked up in Warsong when Celeste was able to act as a host. After a fight with his family he gives up the Force releasing it and then dying. He then lands up in the WHR and see's "Jean Force" appear.
Anyway since the WHR is the nexus of all realities I guess it's only Kid Vulcan and Jean in the WHR now.
yes
Difference here is he wiped out the souls of those Phoenix Corps in the WHR
and then absorbed their power and then killed them.
The souls of the dead "Phoenixes" go there and wait to be reborn.
Vulcan wiped them out so who knows how that works.
With no soul there's no way of coming back.
Having your physical form destroyed is one thing.
Having your soul form destroyed is another.
Jeans soul was in the WHR in Here Comes Tommorrow. Here body was only transported to the WHR during the events in Endsong.
QQ still has a body which is lying in the mansion. His "soul" however is well was in the WHR until it got destroyed. Jean is the only Phoenix who ascended to the WHR with both body and soul.

If that is the case then it wasn't her real physical body in the HCT arc it was the Phoenix that created a duplicate of her body for her like it did in that Classic X-Men issue. And her real body was lying in her grave on Earth.

Fair point about her grave back then but it still doesn't change the fact that Quentin Quires body(Which we saw in Warsong) did not ascend to the WHR. Only his soul/"consciousness" did. His body is still lying in the basement. When Vulcan destroyed him. Vulcan absorbed his Phoenix powers and then attacked and destroyed Quentin in his soul form somehow.

That's assuming she can ressurect something where no soul exists anymore and that they didn't create this story to get rid of more Phoenix convolution eg the Phoenix Corps.
thumb up I agree.

I got the same results after reading all the relevant issues.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.