Hidden meanings from J.K. Rowling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
I am in the middle of reading book #7.

I have run across several things in the book that could be interpreted as hidden humor. I am not sure if they were intentional or not by J.K. Rowling.

I have run across stuff like that from the first 6 books as well. I wanted everyone to share things that they have run across in the books that would have another meaning or what you think is hidden humor by J.K. Rowling.

Anyway, here is one that I think is sooo ridiculously obvious that J.K. Rowling had to have meant this to be funny. It can be found in Book #7 on page 523 first paragraph. Hermione is speaking and it is reference to her ingesting the polyjuice potion that turned her into Bellatrix.

"She tasted disgusting, worse than Gurdyroots! Okay, Ron, come her so I can do you...."

Then Ron says

"Right, but remember, I don't like the beard too long-"

Then Hermione says..

"Oh, for heaven's sake, this isn't about looking handsome-"

Then Ron says..

"It's not that, it gets in the way!..."

It is so painfully obvious that J.K. Rowling intended humor by that for adults...probably because she knows that her books are read by adults AND children. A child wouldn't get that. Props goes to J.K. Rowling for being able to write so well that she can do that.

Share other things that you found like that.

marco_taco5
I never even picked that up...
Maybe i am a child...
lol

bajovie
??

i dont get it?
and i have grown up with them.

Diamonds
BAHAHAHAH. Yes.

First thing that comes to mind is something my friend spotted in CoS.
I'm not sure what page it is, but it's the British version.
At the very bottom of a page it says "Harry found Ron at the back of the library, measuring his..."
vin
And on the next page it says "...history of magic homework." Riiiiight wink

Maybe not deliberate...but still amusing laughing out loud

MochaChica
..............right. :-/

Tonks
Oh my gosh guys. That really only shows what kind a mind you have. If you took it gross or not. It just shows other people what you are thinkin about all day if you can spot something like that.

Quincy
Originally posted by Tonks
Oh my gosh guys. That really only shows what kind a mind you have. If you took it gross or not. It just shows other people what you are thinkin about all day if you can spot something like that.

bah you thought the same thing you horn dog.

Tonks
Originally posted by Quincy
bah you thought the same thing you horn dog.

Pardon me but no I didnt. If I had then I would admit it. I'm not the type of person to lie about what I think or dont think thankyou very much. The point is, is that I dont think that J.K. would do that.

Quincy
Originally posted by Tonks
Pardon me but no I didnt. If I had then I would admit it. I'm not the type of person to lie about what I think or dont think thankyou very much. The point is, is that I dont think that J.K. would do that.

lies!

The only reason you read the books was for all the innuendo's and suggestive writing. stick out tongue

Morgromir
haha im sure theyre just typos and argumentative settings, but theyre still funny

teamB_macro
maybe i read em books too fast not to catch any. need to reread slowly

allofyousuckkk
i doubt she purposely put things in that you'd consider dirty. First off, they're such common sayings. Second off, this is her life's work, she isn't going to do that. Plus, imagine how much dialogue she has had to come up with without it being too repetitive.

siriuswriter
this is exactly like a pixar movie. there's humor that the regular kid can understand, and there's humor that the person who is a bit more worldly can understand.

if you get the "grown-up" humor, then you get it. if you don't, you don't. the books are good either way.

Lena1
Today I found out that the popular name for the star 'Sirius' is the dog star.
Sirius Black's animagus was a Dog.
I just thought this was really clever of her and thought I'd share it with you guys, wink
-Lena1

riv6672
Huh, that IS pretty clever!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.