Is the New JLA Even More powerful than Morrison's team?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Cuz They just pwned some shit in the new JLA mag. ANd the villians actually where much stronger than I've seen. Grodd breaks thru a firestorm construct and Takes a beating from WW and manages to get up.

Firestorm blocks a combined blast from Dr. Light and Killer Frost.

iceman24567
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Cuz They just pwned some shit in the new JLA mag. ANd the villians actually where much stronger than I've seen. Grodd breaks thru a firestorm construct and Takes a beating from WW and manages to get up.

Firestorm blocks a combined blast from Dr. Light and Killer Frost. So they are taking on the new Injustice League? I guess they need to be stronger to beat the new Injustice League or they are going down. Happy Dance

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by iceman24567
So they are taking on the new Injustice League? I guess they need to be stronger to beat the new Injustice League or they are going down. Happy Dance

The New IJ ran. They put up a good fight tho.

Galan007
Grodd breaks thru a firestorm construct All Jason did was materialize a 'real' brick wall -- not an actual construct.

So Grodd breaking through that wasn't overly impressive, imo. srsly

KK the Great
But sweet Jesus, who told McDuffie he was a writer?

Soljer
Originally posted by KK the Great

I dunno, but whoever did needs to be sodomized roughly with a double barreled shotgun. Right before both barrels are very rapidly unloaded.

Val
Originally posted by Soljer
I dunno, but whoever did needs to be sodomized roughly with a double barreled shotgun. Right before both barrels are very rapidly unloaded.
Sounds hot.

Galan007
The New IJ ran. They put up a good fight tho. After a certain someone showed up. shifty

I dunno, but whoever did needs to be sodomized roughly with a double barreled shotgun. Right before both barrels are very rapidly unloaded. McDuffie's writing in DC has actually been pretty good so far, imo.

He's not producing utter crap, like he did in Marvel. *knocks on wood*

KK the Great
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6890/mcduffiesucks3tj6.jpg

Ugh.

And I have to think he put Giganta on the tam solely for that joke about her giant exposed vagina.

SevenShackles

Ugh.

And I have to think he put Giganta on the tam solely for that joke about her giant exposed vagina.

giant exposed vagina smokin' uhh, but yeah she was just a gag, which sucks, it wasnt all that good but i cant say its crap, iv read some crap XD it just fell way to short of what it could of been. sort of pissed batman caught joker of panel, and luthor amounted to much of nothing. and honestly... with all the potential of the new JL was another greenlantern atop of firestorms presence actually needed?
yay for black greenlantern. glad john was used. im tired of hal and kyle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SevenShackles
giant exposed vagina smokin' uhh, but yeah she was just a gag, which sucks, it wasnt all that good but i cant say its crap, iv read some crap XD it just fell way to short of what it could of been. sort of pissed batman caught joker of panel, and luthor amounted to much of nothing. and honestly... with all the potential of the new JL was another greenlantern atop of firestorms presence actually needed?
yay for black greenlantern. glad john was used. im tired of hal and kyle.

I mean, 2 green lanters and firestorm is just REDICULOUS. WHo are they gonna fight next?

pr1983
Originally posted by Galan007
All Jason did was materialize a 'real' brick wall -- not an actual construct.

So Grodd breaking through that wasn't overly impressive, imo. srsly

co-signed...

that too...

and that.

Ugh.

yup...

I mean, 2 green lanters and firestorm is just REDICULOUS. WHo are they gonna fight next?

wait till they all get punked ny poison ivy cos they happened to have salad at the league dinner...

KK the Great

Poverty and discrimination.

WrathfulDwarf
Firestorm is a great superhero...no question about it. But to make him a JLA in the spur of the moment? I can't see it.

Mc Duffie can write great lines...but decisions on characters? I dunno.

KK the Great
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Mc Duffie can write great lines...

Can he?

Galan007
Firestorm is a great superhero...no question about it. But to make him a JLA in the spur of the moment? I can't see it. Seems to be more of a way to show us that Jason is finally getting the respect Ronnie did, than anything else.

Just MO. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Firestorm is a great superhero...no question about it. But to make him a JLA in the spur of the moment? I can't see it.

Mc Duffie can write great lines...but decisions on characters? I dunno.

This league is over powered. If he puts in Martian manhunter, then they'll have TP again as well and it will be hard to write for them. Unless he's gonna be pitting them against uber characters or breaking the team down into mission teams.

Galan007
Can he? "The Bat-God has Spoken" line, made me giggle. kinda

KK the Great
Seems to be more of a way to show us that Jason is finally getting the respect Ronnie did, than anything else.

Just MO. smile

How is "you're too big a noob for me to trust with that power" a showing of respect?

Galan007
How is "you're too big a noob for me to trust with that power" a showing of respect? Bats was just mad baecause FS just saved their combined asses. dur313

nvrbeenwthagirl
How is "you're too big a noob for me to trust with that power" a showing of respect?

The League has never in it's history forced someone to join becuz they were too powerful to be running around.

Galan007
Did anyone else notice the comment Jason made about still being doped up from the Joker Venom, and not being at his 'best'?

Yet he was still pwning numerous IJ members.. ohhh

KK the Great
Bats was just mad baecause FS just saved their combined asses. dur313

He can transmute matter and his plan was to slip Batman a pen and turn it into a lockpick. But then he never got around to changing the pen, so Batman had to free everyone with a pen while Firestorm postured and spoke painful trying-too-hard-to-be-hip dialogue.

Galan007
He can transmute matter and his plan was to slip Batman a pen and turn it into a lockpick. But then he never got around to changing the pen, so Batman had to free everyone with a pen while Firestorm postured and spoke painful trying-too-hard-to-be-hip dialogue. Dont be mad, just because FS pwned in this issue. smile

KK the Great
I don't see how you can really be smug about anything from a stock "the League fights back and easily defeats every villain as though they weren't even threats" issue.

Galan007
Okay.

I'll just disregard everything that happened, because you don't like it. smile

SevenShackles
the bat-god comment was funny.
i just dont get it. Red tornado seems prime with the whole tearing grundy in half, geoforce is suped up, they have wonderwoman, green lantern, superman and hawkgirl, not to mention red arrow who is coming across as better if not as good as green arrow , a vixen that can 'borrow' anyones powers and batman. they are at a state of UBER. yet firestorm HAS to be thrown into the mix. for **** sake why?

the only way i see any comic with them being anything near entertaining or worth it, is if they are split into teams like someone said before me. or amazo comes back swinging his weight around. and even that doesnt really seem all that interesting.

im starting to wish another secret six book would comeout or something.

other than darkseid, what villian would possibly warrent such a powerful team coming together to battle him/her/them?

KK the Great
Okay.

I'm sorry, but you're beating your chest over Firestorm blocking two blasts in an issue where Black Canary took out Shadow Thief, Cheshire, and Giganta.

This is just lazy writing of the most stock sort.

1) A bunch of villains team up with no real logic to the grouping.

2) Villains beat and capture the heroes.

3) Heroes fight back and defeat the villains with contemptuous ease.

If McDuffie was a genius with dialogue and characterization, he could get away with such boilerplate plotting, but he's not all that great at those things, either.

pr1983
Okay.

he has a point though, as much as i usually disagree with him... erm

it as a fairly generic story, heroes get captured, heroes break free, heroes kick ass... i know alot of comics do that too, but the good ones have something to set them apart...

what struck me upon reading it though, was on the dc nation page a while back, they had a dan didio rejection letter about his plot being too stock basic...

i lol'd thats for sure...

also, i don't think i'd read into too many of the feats so far...

mcduffie once wrote superman taking red sun blasts from a red sun eater, but dr. light puts him down in one shot?

i honestly get the impression that he's writing it as he would the cartoon, power levels et al...

WrathfulDwarf
I'm sorry, but you're beating your chest over Firestorm blocking two blasts in an issue where Black Canary took out Shadow Thief, Cheshire, and Giganta.

This is just lazy writing of the most stock sort.

1) A bunch of villains team up with no real logic to the grouping.

2) Villains beat and capture the heroes.

3) Heroes fight back and defeat the villains with contemptuous ease.

If McDuffie was a genius with dialogue and characterization, he could get away with such boilerplate plotting, but he's not all that great at those things, either.

I disagree on number 1. Here is why...

Luthor seems to be aware of what is happening to other villains getting shipped to Salvation Run. I think he meant to form the new Injustice League to organize themselves agaisn't Amanda Waller and Suicide Squad. Which did appear in the end. Proving Luthor's suspicions correct.

Galan007
I'm sorry, but you're beating your chest over Firestorm blocking two blasts in an issue I didn't even mention that in this thread. srsly

So who's the spiteful one?

KK the Great
I didn't even mention that in this thread. srsly

Then what were you bragging about?

I guess he hit Fatality with a giant tennis racket, too. Was that it?

pr1983
I disagree on number 1. Here is why...

Luthor seems to be aware of what is happening to other villains getting shipped to Salvation Run. I think he meant to form the new Injustice League to organize themselves agaisn't Amanda Waller and Suicide Squad. Which did appear in the end. Proving Luthor's suspicions correct.

that's true, though i'd say luthor had more up his sleeve, unless he was just overcompensating to look good in front of superman...

Then what were you bragging about?

I guess he hit Fatality with a giant tennis racket, too. Was that it?

that was frickin hilarious... he pete sampras'd that b*tch...

Galan007
Originally posted by pr1983
that was frickin hilarious... he pete sampras'd that b*tch... laughing out loud

KK the Great
that was frickin hilarious... he pete sampras'd that b*tch...

I hate it when writers take a guy with Firestorm's powers and write him as GL-lite. Tennis racket constructs? He's a matter transmuter. Can't we get something a bit more creative?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I hate it when writers take a guy with Firestorm's powers and write him as GL-lite. Tennis racket constructs? He's a matter transmuter. Can't we get something a bit more creative?
GL Lite? Firestorm is the Universes Champion of the Red.

KK the Great
GL Lite? Firestorm is the Universes Champion of the Red.

And having him run around slapping people with big glowing tennis rackets is "writing him as GL-lite."

pr1983
laughing out loud

its something i never thought i'd be saying on a comics forum thats for sure...

like turning a kryptonite knife into a plastic one, effectively saving superman's life?

Galan007
I hate it when writers take a guy with Firestorm's powers and write him as GL-lite. Tennis racket constructs? He's a matter transmuter. Can't we get something a bit more creative? Your dislike towards FS is borderline ridiculous -- as is your knowledge of his character. srsly

And for the record,
FS has been making GL-esque constructs, almost as long as he has existed as a character, .

Soljer
Your dislike towards FS is borderline ridiculous -- as is your knowledge of his character. srsly

And for the record,
FS has been making GL-esque constructs, almost as long as he has existed as a character, .

I don't think he was saying it was out of place. Just boring.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't think he was saying it was out of place. Just boring.
WHat mcduffie was doing was showing how retarded Jason is, but how extremely powerful he is. He wanted to convey a message that jason really needs JLA training.

Avlon
he has a point though, as much as i usually disagree with him... erm

it as a fairly generic story, heroes get captured, heroes break free, heroes kick ass... i know alot of comics do that too, but the good ones have something to set them apart...

what struck me upon reading it though, was on the dc nation page a while back, they had a dan didio rejection letter about his plot being too stock basic...

i lol'd thats for sure...

also, i don't think i'd read into too many of the feats so far...

mcduffie once wrote superman taking red sun blasts from a red sun eater, but dr. light puts him down in one shot?

i honestly get the impression that he's writing it as he would the cartoon, power levels et al...

Vixen had borrowed Supes powers though.

Galan007
I don't think he was saying it was out of place. Just boring. A black and white story? That's McDuffie for ya.

And it seemed like KK was saying FS was using abilities which were out of character for him.

If I was mistaken KK, then I apologize. smile

KK the Great
Your dislike towards FS is borderline ridiculous -- as is your knowledge of his character. srsly

Where are you getting this from?

pr1983
Originally posted by Avlon
Vixen had borrowed Supes powers though.

but he was under the sun while flying there... and surely she doesnt sap the majority his powers when she takes them... does she?

nvrbeenwthagirl
but he was under the sun while flying there... and surely she doesnt sap the majority his powers when she takes them... does she?

NO she doesn't. IT was parasite that sapped superman's strength thru Vixen.

pr1983
NO she doesn't. IT was parasite that sapped superman's strength thru Vixen.

he was draining both of them though right?

so superman gets out into the sun and starts flying with lightning's plane, which gives him a decent while to soak up some rays considering the sun was out... at least imo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.