Interesting Thought about the New Sith Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
I figured I should just write this down before I forgot it. Yes, thinking about star wars sometimes makes me wonder if I should get back on the adderall but that is irrelevant. I was thinking about the blind obedience the new sith had to the DLOTS and how it was absolutely contradictory to the dark side and the sith. Tapping into the darkside allows the user to experience power and yearn for more. It provides betrayal, lies, etc. For instance, Palpatine was trained for over 40 years, and he still killed his master. Hell, in almost every instance, we see master killing apprentice, whether it was in Exar Kun's order, Revan's, or the new sith empire. From reading these legacy comics and understanding where the new sith order came from( the ancient sith xoxaan), it's obvious that the "one sith" is modeled exactly after the order of the ancient sith. In the ancient sith, you had 1 DLOTS and a bunch of sith lords, and this was one giant order. I don't recall an instance where an apprentice killed a master in the ancient sith order, but that is after all, the nature of the darkside. Furthermore, Bane understood this ancient sith order and understood why it failed, so why would Darth Krayt reinvent the same 5,000 year old order knowing it would fail? Anyways my point is that sometime after Krayt established his order, he was very old already and probably in stasis. Lets say he trained a few people for a couple of years, and all of a sudden they have blind obedience to him? By 40 BBY he's clearly in stasis and he does this for the next 100 years, and you don't have ONE, not even ONE sith lord try to sabotage him and take the mantle? Call me weird but this is pretty contradictory to the nature of the darkside. Anyways, looking for some opinions..

Atticus
so you are basically saying if darth krate's sith are really sith why have none tried to kill him?

if that is what you are saying than i ask who knew he was in stasis?

Darth Sexy
Well, by fury, all 30 of them knew he was in stasis or who their master was because they refer to them as "our master".

GahLakTus
Maybe its because they are so weak that they would not even dare attack him or they could have wanted a strong leader.

I don't know really

Btw sexy where is the quote that lucas stated vader is 80% of palpatine in ROTJ?

Darth Sexy
Not sure, vanity fair interview I believe?

Atticus
then it is indeed retarted...

Captain REX
But not any less correct.

Pyron_is_God

0°Mandalore°0
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I figured I should just write this down before I forgot it. Yes, thinking about star wars sometimes makes me wonder if I should get back on the adderall but that is irrelevant. I was thinking about the blind obedience the new sith had to the DLOTS and how it was absolutely contradictory to the dark side and the sith. Tapping into the darkside allows the user to experience power and yearn for more. It provides betrayal, lies, etc. For instance, Palpatine was trained for over 40 years, and he still killed his master. Hell, in almost every instance, we see master killing apprentice, whether it was in Exar Kun's order, Revan's, or the new sith empire. From reading these legacy comics and understanding where the new sith order came from( the ancient sith xoxaan), it's obvious that the "one sith" is modeled exactly after the order of the ancient sith. In the ancient sith, you had 1 DLOTS and a bunch of sith lords, and this was one giant order. I don't recall an instance where an apprentice killed a master in the ancient sith order, but that is after all, the nature of the darkside. Furthermore, Bane understood this ancient sith order and understood why it failed, so why would Darth Krayt reinvent the same 5,000 year old order knowing it would fail? Anyways my point is that sometime after Krayt established his order, he was very old already and probably in stasis. Lets say he trained a few people for a couple of years, and all of a sudden they have blind obedience to him? By 40 BBY he's clearly in stasis and he does this for the next 100 years, and you don't have ONE, not even ONE sith lord try to sabotage him and take the mantle? Call me weird but this is pretty contradictory to the nature of the darkside. Anyways, looking for some opinions..

Well, that's probably one of the main reasons why Krayt and his followers are considered only pretenders by Bane and the other Sith.

truejedi
Isn't it true that any sith after Vader dies cannot be sith? because that would keep anakin from truly being the chosen one. Lucas has said over and over that he was. Since the chosen one had to destroy the sith, how can Lumiya, Caedus, and the One Sith, (Krayt included) even truly be considered sith? i haven't read the comic books, but all these references to Sith, as well as LOTF, seems like they have finally made the books trump the movies. Does that mean we can use books as higher canon than the movies? Obviously not, so what is Lucas Arts doing? Seems like they are trying to have their sith and destroy them too.

chik4lit
Originally posted by truejedi
Isn't it true that any sith after Vader dies cannot be sith? because that would keep anakin from truly being the chosen one. Lucas has said over and over that he was. Since the chosen one had to destroy the sith, how can Lumiya, Caedus, and the One Sith, (Krayt included) even truly be considered sith? i haven't read the comic books, but all these references to Sith, as well as LOTF, seems like they have finally made the books trump the movies. Does that mean we can use books as higher canon than the movies? Obviously not, so what is Lucas Arts doing? Seems like they are trying to have their sith and destroy them too.

As much as I like the EU, it often tries to screw the basic principles set up by the movies for the sake of plot development. If Anakin really wiped out the Sith permanently, then what the hell would they write about?

Blax_Hydralisk
Nerf herders?

Besides, considering the fact that in the OT, 90% of the time, the good guys aren't fighting Sith.. I'd say there's plenty to write about.

My favorite parts in EU is when the New Republic is fighting the Imperial Remnant, weather it's Thrawn or Daala or some other Imperial goon.

Elite Hunter
Thrawn ftw

Tangible God
You can't really blame the EU for bringing the Sith back. Palaptine had returned in DE years before TPM came out. I blame the movies for bringing up the Chosen One thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.