Rank These Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
Right now they are in no order:
(this is an all out fight to the death, consider each character going his all, ie. Hulk is WWH, etc.)

Superman
GL (Hal Jordan)
Thor (Current)

Sentry
Prof. X
Black Bolt

Hulk
Dr. Strange
The Martian Manhunter

Silver Surfer

Soljer
Dr. Strange
GL (Hal Jordan)/Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor (Current)
Black Bolt
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry
The Martian Manhunter

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Soljer
Dr. Strange
Superman
Thor (Current)
Black Bolt
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry
The Martian Manhunter

Interesting...I understand your reasoning...but why do you have Black Bolt over Hulk though?

Kutulu
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Interesting...I understand your reasoning...but why do you have Black Bolt over Hulk though?

Because he hates the Hulk. Always has, always will.

Soljer
Originally posted by Kutulu
Because he hates the Hulk. Always has, always will.

False. doped.

Black Bolt's over the Hulk because in a forum fight, he doesn't need to slug it out, he has a massive versatility advantage.

janus77
which achieves sod-all because Hulk has a far more massive durability and healing factor advantage.

BB would be pate in Hulk's hands.

SuperiorTech
Blackbolt has beaten hulk in everyone of their fights if I am not mistaken prior to wwh which was not shown on panel and there is a chance he was a skrull at the time.

B.A
Originally posted by janus77
which achieves sod-all because Hulk has a far more massive durability and healing factor advantage.

BB would be pate in Hulk's hands.

Which means everything. BB just beats him with no real problem if he wanted.

laughing out loud

Old-Wizard.com
I think Hulks takes BB. I also think (admittedly with no evidence) that BB depicted in WWH wasn't a skrull, as he did knock a chunk of Moon Rock the size of RI off in his attack.

In this ranking, we are assuming every character is giving it his all. Thus, we are dealing with WWH, and we're also dealing with Thor and supes not holding back one iota.

Here's my ranking:

Thor
SS
Supes
Doc Strange
Hulk
Sentry
BB
Martian Manhunter
Prof. X
GL

Kutulu
Prior to WWH, yes Blackbolt would and has won every time.

WWH was a huge, permanent, upgrade for Hulk, and showed that Hulk once amped up enough would tear BlackBolt limb from limb.

B.A
Prior to WWH, yes Blackbolt would and has won every time.

WWH was a huge, permanent, upgrade for Hulk, and showed that Hulk once amped up enough would tear BlackBolt limb from limb. Matter manipulation or whatever.

No durability of Hulk takes that.

Kutulu
Originally posted by B.A
Matter manipulation or whatever.

Troll some more, A.J.

Hulk has a long history of resisting transmutation.

To name a few:
* Resisted being turned into glass
* resisted being turned to stone
* resisted being shrunk down
* resisted being phased into the ground

etc.

You fail once again in your trolling attempt A.J.

B.A
How is pointing out something trolling?? Point out where I trolled. I have never saw Hulk take that so STFU. laughing out loud

llagrok
Resisting the attack of one-trick ponies, isn't that impressive. When the Hulk resists being transmuted by Firestorm, then talk. Resisting the touch of the Grey Hulk isn't a big deal.

GL (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
Superman/Thor (Current)
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt
The Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry

Kutulu
Originally posted by B.A
How is pointing out something trolling?? Point out where I trolled. I have never saw Hulk take that so STFU. laughing out loud

Look through the Hulk respect thread. Hulk has resisted transmutation so many times now that it's considered part of his powerset.

He's even resisted genetic transmutation.

llagrok
Resisting Black Bolt's MM isn't really possible though...

iceman24567
Wasn't this thread made for opinions? So why are people arguing over others opinions? Grow up a little.
Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Superman
Thor
Black Bolt
Hulk
The Sentry
Martian Manhunter
Professor X

celestialdemon
Originally posted by B.A
Matter manipulation or whatever.

Hulk was able to heal from Elixir's matter manipulation, although it hurt like a b*tch. But Elixir is a very inexperienced manipulator, so I'm sure a better one would do more damage.

B.A
Look through the Hulk respect thread. Hulk has resisted transmutation so many times now that it's considered part of his powerset.

He's even resisted genetic transmutation. Ignoring what I asked for I see. laughing out loud

Anyway what levels of resisting it have we saw?

In fact what levels of manipulating have we saw BB do? messed

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by llagrok
Resisting the attack of one-trick ponies, isn't that impressive. When the Hulk resists being transmuted by Firestorm, then talk. Resisting the touch of the Grey Hulk isn't a big deal.

GL (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
Superman/Thor (Current)
Dr. Strange
Black Bolt
The Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry

I'm not attacking here, just curious....why do you think Hal Jordan defeats SS? Also, curious why you think Sentry is below Prof. X and BB. Sentry has been stated to be more powerful than BB a number of times.

Val
Originally posted by Soljer
Dr. Strange
Superman
Thor (Current)
Black Bolt
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry
The Martian Manhunter
http://i2.tinypic.com/72k5l06.gif

Old-Wizard.com
I notice sentry is being placed low on people's lists. Would you all say its b/c of WWH? Personally, before that, I would have placed Sentry #3 on this list.

Kutulu
I notice sentry is being placed low on people's lists. Would you all say its b/c of WWH? Personally, before that, I would have placed Sentry #3 on this list.

On KMC, Superman is above all other Superman type characters, such as Gladiator, Hyperion, King Hyperion, Sentry, etc..

Old-Wizard.com
On KMC, Superman is above all other Superman type characters, such as Gladiator, Hyperion, King Hyperion, Sentry, etc..

That makes perfect sense...but I don't think Sentry is necessarily a Superman clone like the characters you mentioned.

Different powers: Ability to implant memories in others, create vast amounts of energy,energy shields, energy manipulation, etc.

Don't get me wrong, Superman would demolish him IMO.

Val
Which doesn't explain why Sentry is being placed lower than Thor, Hulk, and Surfer on many lists.

Ummm, lulz?

iceman24567
I'm not attacking here, just curious....why do you think Hal Jordan defeats SS? Also, curious why you think Sentry is below Prof. X and BB. Sentry has been stated to be more powerful than BB a number of times. If you ask me Hal is way to low on your list he's more powerful than you realize.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by iceman24567
If you ask me Hal is way to low on your list he's more powerful than you realize.

I guess it breaks down to: do you think the power ring is more powerful than the power cosmic?

Well, here's my reasoning:

I think GL has anyway to stop prof. X's mind attack (could be wrong)

BB I think could shatter any Green energy shield...

iceman24567
I guess it breaks down to: do you think the power ring is more powerful than the power cosmic?

Well, here's my reasoning:

I think GL has anyway to stop prof. X's mind attack (could be wrong)

BB I think could shatter any Green energy shield... Hal to me is the strongest Lantern the most will power of them all i think and Hals ring shield could probably be shattered its been hit by large explosions and Hal has resisted mind manipulation before he is pretty damn powerful for a green Lantern let me find his respect thread.

llagrok
I'm not attacking here, just curious....why do you think Hal Jordan defeats SS? Also, curious why you think Sentry is below Prof. X and BB. Sentry has been stated to be more powerful than BB a number of times.

Because I follow actual feats.

jrodslam
Originally posted by iceman24567
he is pretty damn powerful for a green Lantern...

Although i do agree with most of your post, thats just the thing. ALL Green Lanters are powerful. Some more powerful than others obviously. That line right there kinda makes it seem as if you think Lanterns are suppose to be weak and useless.

Kutulu
Proper List:

Dr. Strange (classic)
Silver Surfer
GL Hal
Hulk
Sentry
Thor
Superman
Black Bolt
Martian Manhunter
Prof. X

Gecko4lif
Dr. Strange
Superman
Thor (Current)
Black Bolt
GL (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
The Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Dr. Strange
Superman
Thor (Current)
Black Bolt
GL (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
The Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry

Damn even xavier is above sentry...

Gecko4lif

No

there are a couple of superman types better then him but none of the ones you listed are.....

Kutulu
Dr. Strange
Superman
Thor (Current)
Black Bolt
GL (Hal Jordan)
Silver Surfer
The Martian Manhunter
Hulk
Prof. X
Sentry

You put Xavier above Sentry, when it was Sentry who mindraped all of Marvel Earth at once, including Xavier? Sentry who beat Xavier in telepathy? haermm2

llagrok
Proper List:

Dr. Strange (classic)
Silver Surfer
GL Hal
Hulk
Sentry
Superman
Black Bolt
Martian Manhunter
Prof. X

Thor is omitted because?

Larceny
1) Thor or Superman (Interchangeable)
3) GL Hal
4) Silver Surfer
5) Dr. Strange (Based on recent and classic portrayals, he could be moved up)
6) Black Bolt
7) Martian Manhunter
8) Sentry
9) Hulk
10) Prof. X

llagrok
Originally posted by Larceny
3) GL Hal
4) Silver Surfer
6) Black Bolt
7) Martian Manhunter
8) Sentry
9) Hulk
10) Prof. X

Co-sign

SuperiorTech
1.Dr.Strange
2.Hal Jordan
3.Silver Surfer
4.Superman
5.Thor
6.Blackbolt
7.Martian Manhunter
8.Sentry
9.Hulk
10.Xavier

Decimus
3) GL Hal
4) Silver Surfer
6) Black Bolt
7) Martian Manhunter
8) Sentry
9) Hulk
10) Prof. X

Just place MM over blackbolt and I can go along with thor and supers tied for first.

Gecko4lif
You put Xavier above Sentry, when it was Sentry who mindraped all of Marvel Earth at once, including Xavier? Sentry who beat Xavier in telepathy? haermm2
When?

jrodslam
1. Hal
2. Supes
3. Thor
4. Surfer
5. Manhunter
6. Dr. Strange
7. Black Bolt
8. Sentry
9. Hulk
10. Prof. X

EDITED. Didnt see all out fight to the death.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by jrodslam
1. Hal
2. Supes
3. Thor
4. Surfer
5. Manhunter
6. Dr. Strange
7. Black Bolt
8. Sentry
9. Hulk
10. Prof. X

EDITED. Didnt see all out fight to the death.

Hasn't it been proven in WWH that in an all out fight to the death Hulk beats Sentry....and BB?

Old-Wizard.com
Proper List:

Dr. Strange (classic)
Silver Surfer
GL Hal
Hulk
Sentry
Thor
Superman
Black Bolt
Martian Manhunter
Prof. X

I just can't see Sentry beating Thor, no matter how hard I try.

Tommy05
Hasn't it been proven in WWH that in an all out fight to the death Hulk beats Sentry....and BB? BB was a terrible fight.

But Sentry didn't use his speed enough. But due to lack of combat feats he only managed to draw.

moonknight11
Dr.Strange
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Thor
Sentry/Superman
Black Bolt
Hulk
Martian Manhunter
Prof X

iceman24567
Hasn't it been proven in WWH that in an all out fight to the death Hulk beats Sentry....and BB? Black Bolt was a skrull and the real Black Bolt would have screamed Hulk to shreds.

Larceny
3) GL Hal
4) Silver Surfer
6) Black Bolt
7) Martian Manhunter
8) Sentry
9) Hulk
10) Prof. X

The damn list ends here. mad

Bouboumaster
1) Doctor Strange
2) Silver Surfer
3) Thor/Hal Jordan
4) Black Bolt
5) Hulk
6) Sentry
7) Martian Manhunter
8) Professeur Charles Xavier

james2099
No

there are a couple of superman types better then him but none of the ones you listed are..... King hyperion and gladiator are far above superman,Both are way stronger,faster and a more skilled fighter.... wonderwoman who is weaker than superman has always stood up to him because his fighting skills are far below batmans.... superman is not a warrior in any way..... When glads,hyperion,sentry,king hyperion, and others crush planets and fight with planet-crushing force it places them as warriors of cunning and skill.Superman will never defeat any of his so-called clones because he came out first and writers developed characters who are new and were given powers like his only stronger, faster, more durable and far better fighters..... Its like planes from WW2 taking on fighter jets of today.. Do you think marvel will create them based on supes and make them weaker????.... superman has supervision...gladiator has hypervision...hyper is a step above super.... to get stronger supes has to get in the sun..... gladiator needs only believe in himself..... supes powers comes from one sun.... sentry has the power of how many suns??????... FACTS WILL ALWAYS OVER-RIDE SILLY TALK.

Tommy05
Originally posted by james2099
King hyperion and gladiator are far above superman,Both are way stronger,faster and a more skilled fighter.... wonderwoman who is weaker than superman has always stood up to him because his fighting skills are far below batmans.... superman is not a warrior in any way..... When glads,hyperion,sentry,king hyperion, and others crush planets and fight with planet-crushing force it places them as warriors of cunning and skill.Superman will never defeat any of his so-called clones because he came out first and writers developed characters who are new and were given powers like his only stronger, faster, more durable and far better fighters..... Its like planes from WW2 taking on fighter jets of today.. Do you think marvel will create them based on supes and make them weaker????.... superman has supervision...gladiator has hypervision...hyper is a step above super.... to get stronger supes has to get in the sun..... gladiator needs only believe in himself..... supes powers comes from one sun.... sentry has the power of how many suns??????... FACTS WILL ALWAYS OVER-RIDE SILLY TALK.

Hyperion is not above Superman. Neither is Gladiator.

Mr. Slippyfist
King hyperion and gladiator are far above superman,Both are way stronger,faster and a more skilled fighter.... wonderwoman who is weaker than superman has always stood up to him because his fighting skills are far below batmans.... superman is not a warrior in any way..... When glads,hyperion,sentry,king hyperion, and others crush planets and fight with planet-crushing force it places them as warriors of cunning and skill.Superman will never defeat any of his so-called clones because he came out first and writers developed characters who are new and were given powers like his only stronger, faster, more durable and far better fighters..... Its like planes from WW2 taking on fighter jets of today.. Do you think marvel will create them based on supes and make them weaker????.... superman has supervision...gladiator has hypervision...hyper is a step above super.... to get stronger supes has to get in the sun..... gladiator needs only believe in himself..... supes powers comes from one sun.... sentry has the power of how many suns??????... FACTS WILL ALWAYS OVER-RIDE SILLY TALK. ...

Moving on...

Boubou forgot Superman.

iceman24567
King hyperion and gladiator are far above superman,Both are way stronger,faster and a more skilled fighter.... wonderwoman who is weaker than superman has always stood up to him because his fighting skills are far below batmans.... superman is not a warrior in any way..... When glads,hyperion,sentry,king hyperion, and others crush planets and fight with planet-crushing force it places them as warriors of cunning and skill.Superman will never defeat any of his so-called clones because he came out first and writers developed characters who are new and were given powers like his only stronger, faster, more durable and far better fighters..... Its like planes from WW2 taking on fighter jets of today.. Do you think marvel will create them based on supes and make them weaker????.... superman has supervision...gladiator has hypervision...hyper is a step above super.... to get stronger supes has to get in the sun..... gladiator needs only believe in himself..... supes powers comes from one sun.... sentry has the power of how many suns??????... FACTS WILL ALWAYS OVER-RIDE SILLY TALK. I see so a million exploded suns can't beat the Hulk or take out a city. laughing You fail because Superman is above all of them and does fighting skill have anything to do with destroying planets? Happy Dance

King Kandy
Sentry
SS
Thor
Supes
Doc Strange
GL
Hulk
Martian Manhunter
BB
Prof. X

Bouboumaster
Oh! Thank you Mr.Slippyfist!

I would put Sups just under Black Bolt and above WWH

Tommy05
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sentry
SS
Thor
Supes
Doc Strange
GL
Hulk
Martian Manhunter
BB
Prof. X laughing out loud

moonknight11
Originally posted by Tommy05
Hyperion is not above Superman. Neither is Gladiator.

Gladiator is. yes

nvrbeenwthagirl
(this is an all out fight to the death, consider each character going his all, ie. Hulk is WWH, etc.)

Superman
GL (Hal Jordan)
Thor (Current)

Sentry
Prof. X
Black Bolt

Hulk
Dr. Strange
The Martian Manhunter

Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Superman
Thor
Dr. Strange
Martian Manhunter
Black Bolt
Hulk
Sentry
Prof X

SaintSmurph
3) GL Hal
4) Silver Surfer
6) Black Bolt
7) Martian Manhunter
8) Sentry
9) Hulk
10) Prof. X

King Kandy
laughing out loud
Dude what's your problem? Have you made it your life mission to hunt me down and call everything I say stupid?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Superman
Thor
Dr. Strange
Martian Manhunter
Black Bolt
Hulk
Sentry
Prof X

SaintSmurph
Sentry
SS
Thor
Supes
Doc Strange
GL
Hulk
Martian Manhunter
BB
Prof. X no expression

Wow...

King Kandy
What? What's so wrong about that list?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What? What's so wrong about that list?

IT's a fool is what is wrong with it.

iceman24567
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IT's a fool is what is wrong with it. He has a point Hulk beat The Sentry so it's obvious he should be under him after putting the Sentry closes to the bottom the list looks way more respectable.

King Kandy
Wow. So you aren't even going to try and give reasons? You're just going to call me stupid?

What a great example of debating.

SaintSmurph
What? What's so wrong about that list? Well, first of all, you have Sentry listed above

SS
Thor
Supes
Doc Strange
GL

Secondly, there's nothing to suggest he's even above

Hulk
Martian Manhunter
Black Bolt

Thirdly, pimp wheelchair > tramp goldie boy outfit. Therefore, Sentry should be at the bottom of the list anyways.

King Kandy
Well Strange said he was afraid of Sentry, so there IS evidence that Sentry>Strange, at least current Strange.

SaintSmurph
Well Strange said he was afraid of Sentry, so there IS evidence that Sentry>Strange, at least current Strange. Everybody is afraid of Batman.

Would you take Batman in a fight against 90% of the JLA?

moonknight11
Originally posted by SaintSmurph

Thirdly, pimp wheelchair > tramp goldie boy outfit. Therefore, Sentry should be at the bottom of the list anyways.

That's not fair. Pimp wheelchair>>>all the outfits of the superheroes on that list. laughing

moonknight11
Anyway Sentry should be above hulk. The Void did after-all stomp Hulk.

BlackJackStorm

Because he hates the hulk.

BlackJackStorm
World War Hulk
The Sentry (#1 most powerful being in the galaxy, from wwh)
Black Bolt (#2 most powerful being in the galaxy, from wwh)
Thor- Thanos
Silver Surfer
Prof X/Strange
Superman
GL (Hal Jordan)
The Martian Manhunter
Batman
Darkseid

Tommy05
Originally posted by BlackJackStorm
Because he hates the hulk.

Or has more brains than you.

Anyway guys how powerful is BB's matter manipulation power?

BlackJackStorm
Or has more brains than you.

Anyway guys how powerful is BB's matter manipulation power?

World War Hulk
Thor- Thanos
Silver Surfer
Prof X/Strange
Superman
GL (Hal Jordan)
The Martian Manhunter
Batman
Darkseid

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE

ExodusCloak

When?

I think what he means is Jason Wyngarde a.k.a. Mastermind royally mind f*cked The Sentry and then made him erase his existence from the minds of every person on the planet.

In the New Avengers arc where Emma Frost aids Bob into coming to terms with his inner demons and reverse Masterminds damage she reveals that Sentry hasn't trained his mind for such an attack and therefore was susceptible to Masterminds powers.
The Sentry mainly uses his vast psionic potential to keep hold his power together he does not know how to use his telepathy offensively or defensively so in a fight where where he's only allowed to use his so called "telepathy" he would get WTF pwned by practically any telepath worth a grain of salt.

The Sentry is superior to Charles Xavier because of his other powers eg Speed, Strength, Super Reflexes etc...in terms of just telepathy the Sentry shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Charles.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BlackJackStorm
World War Hulk
Thor- Thanos
Silver Surfer
Prof X/Strange
Superman
GL (Hal Jordan)
The Martian Manhunter
Batman
Darkseid

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE

OK

Sentry is the most powerful being in the Galaxy but you've placed him below Hulk (who is in the same Galaxy) that's stupid.

BlackJackStorm
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
OK

Sentry is the most powerful being in the Galaxy but you've placed him below Hulk (who is in the same Galaxy) that's stupid.

Referring to WWH isn't. Hulk is off of the chart.

janus77
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Dr. Strange
Superman
WWH (calm*)
Thor
Sentry
Martian Manhunter
Black Bolt
Prof X

*enraged would be beyond Strange's powers to kill though still not versatile enough to challenge Strange or Superman, nevermind Surfer.

Tharg

Superman
GL (Hal Jordan)
Thor (Current)

Sentry
Prof. X
Black Bolt

Hulk
Dr. Strange
The Martian Manhunter

Silver Surfer

What a pointless exercise. Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of my time.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tharg
What a pointless exercise. Thanks for wasting 30 seconds of my time.

That took you 30 seconds to read? no expression

stick out tongue

Tharg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That took you 30 seconds to read? no expression

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.