Devil Jin vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ladies_Man_666
Who wins this bout?
Oh, and Sephiroth isn't allowed to use Supernova.

Remindme
Sephiroth in a curbstomp.

Way Faster
Way Stronger
Got huge sword
More experienced

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme

Way Faster
Way Stronger
Got huge sword
More experienced Lol.

Faster? Sure, but DJ is by no means slow.

DJ is stronger, I can assure you on that.

I think Seph wins, but not in the curb you think it is.

Remindme
Sephiroth is faster than Weiss and Chaos, DJ is slow in comparison.

Stronger? best feat being?

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth is faster than Weiss and Chaos, DJ is slow in comparison.

Stronger? best feat being? 1. What proof is there he is faster than Chaos?

2. Well...lemme think, slamming people's heads thru walls, being stronger than Heihachi who rips apart Jacks with his bare hands(big robots). Wandering Flame can tell you more, he's the Tekken expert. Or Sado22.

Remindme
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
1. What proof is there he is faster than Chaos?

2. Well...lemme think, slamming people's heads thru walls, being stronger than Heihachi who rips apart Jacks with his bare hands(big robots). Wandering Flame can tell you more, he's the Tekken expert. Or Sado22.

1. Nothing, but Chaos would lose to Sephiroth, that we know is a fact. So Logic tells you that he's on the same speed level. Weiss duel wields, and we Know Sephiroth would beat him to, so we know Sephiroth can move his sword as fast as Weiss both of his.

2. Alright, so effortlessly slicing through buildings doesn't count? Or being as strong as someone who floor'd SIN?

SHM
What version of Sephiroth are we using here?

Remindme
I assumed AC . . . .

my arguement is only valid if it's AC.

Ladies_Man_666
Originally posted by SHM
What version of Sephiroth are we using here?
Advent Children version.

ESB -1138
1. Nothing, but Chaos would lose to Sephiroth, that we know is a fact. So Logic tells you that he's on the same speed level. Weiss duel wields, and we Know Sephiroth would beat him to, so we know Sephiroth can move his sword as fast as Weiss both of his.

Being able to defeat someone doesn't mean you can move as fast as said person. Just because Weiss and Chaos can move at those speeds doesn't mean Sephiroth can. He can defeat them but that doesn't mean he's as fast as them.

Remindme
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Being able to defeat someone doesn't mean you can move as fast as said person. Just because Weiss and Chaos can move at those speeds doesn't mean Sephiroth can. He can defeat them but that doesn't mean he's as fast as them.

How's he supposed to defeat them if he can't keep up with them.

How's he supposed to even get a hit on them if he isn't as fast?

ESB -1138
How's he supposed to defeat them if he can't keep up with them.

How's he supposed to even get a hit on them if he isn't as fast?

So someone has to be fast to defeat someone? Great logic. (1) There's this thing in the Final Fantasy VII universe called Materia that allows people to use this thing called magic. (2) Just because Sephiroth isn't as fast as Chaos or Weiss doesn't mean he's slow. Sephiroth is fast just not on their level. (3) Sephiroth has this neat little thing where he can teleport. Teleport would help anyone. Need I go on?

Remindme
So someone has to be fast to defeat someone? Great logic. (1) There's this thing in the Final Fantasy VII universe called Materia that allows people to use this thing called magic. (2) Just because Sephiroth isn't as fast as Chaos or Weiss doesn't mean he's slow. Sephiroth is fast just not on their level. (3) Sephiroth has this neat little thing where he can teleport. Teleport would help anyone. Need I go on?
Yes you need go on

1. Sephiroth very rarely uses materia, and i don't recall him having time materia in Clouds Story

2. Sephiroth does need to be near their speed, or else dodging becomes exceptionally easy

3. Teleport is verry handy yes. Except when you opponent is so fast it's very nearly as fast, that sort of takes the shine off.

SHM
Sephiroth don't have teleport. Not in FFVII.

And the guys of SE said that nothing is stronger or above him. That includes Chaos and Omega.

When SE states a character is stronger than the other, they are talking about everything. Power, speed, skill, etc.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SHM
Sephiroth don't have teleport. Not in FFVII.

And the guys of SE said that nothing is stronger or above him. That includes Chaos and Omega.

When SE states a character is stronger than the other, they are talking about everything. Power, speed, skill, etc.

No, stronger doesn't mean you are the fastest. Sonic is by far a lot faster than Samus Aran but when it comes down to the actual fight Samus will be more than able to defeat Sonic.

Just because Chaos Vincent was able to move fast that doesn't mean Sephiroth can move faster. And saying that the creators said he was stronger than everyone else doesn't mean crap because (A) he has never shown the ability to even move that fast and (B) if he could move that fast the outcome of a certain fight would have been different whether or not he was toying around or not.

SHM
No, stronger doesn't mean you are the fastest.

To the guys of SE it means exactly that(and more). That's what really matters.

Square-Enix's interpretation of the word "strength", is different than yours. We are talking about a quote, where they talk about a character created by them. Because of that, we should use their interpretation of the word, instead of our own.

DarkC
Sephiroth.

Wandering Flame
Way to go, Ladies_Man_666

j/k

You mentioned AC Sephiroth, and by default he should not be able to perform Supernova as he never has.

You didn't mention what version of Devil Jin, though.

May I mention similarities?

1. They both have telekinesis. Devil Jin can explode a speeding mortocycle and choke oppponents from a distance. Sephiroth can collapse a building with his. I would like to post videos, though I'm too lazy.

2. They can fly fast.

3. They can project attacks that cut clean through massive objects, such as skyscrapers. Devil Jin did so in one Tekken 6 trailer; Sephiroth did so in the fight with Genesis.

4. They're both evil, well that's a duh.

5. They're both strong and not weak. Sephiroth can hit Cloud so hard that he goes back quickly and far through a concrete building. Devil Jin threw Heihachi through a concrete wall.

6. Possess massive durability. Devil Jin gets scratched not by an exploding mortocycle. Sephiroth does the same against Genesis' explosive fireballs.

7. They look cool. 313

Alas, as for my honest opinion.

Devil Jin < AC Sephiroth

Upgraded Devil Jin (we should all know who that is) > AC Sephiroth

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth's durability is not so special actually. Also, Seph is not faster than Chaos until he shows that he is.

Wandering Flame
We should of course go by showings, people.

Cloud being able to beat Loz does not mean he is as fast or faster than him.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
We should of course go by showings, people.

Cloud being able to beat Loz does not mean he is as fast or faster than him. Exactly. Loz is much faster than Cloud, yet OVERALL Cloud is stronger, that is what the creators meant when they said Seph was stronger.

SHM
Exactly. Loz is much faster than Cloud, yet OVERALL Cloud is stronger, that is what the creators meant when they said Seph was stronger.

No, it's not. When the creators talk about "strength" they are talking about everything, including speed.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
No, it's not. When the creators talk about "strength" they are talking about everything, including speed. Prove it.

EvilAngel
SHM has is right, The creators ment speed, strength, skill, magic blah blah blah.

Sephiroth's durability is not so special actually. Also, Seph is not faster than Chaos until he shows that he is.

I agree, Sephiroth has never shown a impressive about of durability when it comes to getting pwned on.

However.

He has shown almost indestructability to fire.

We have yet to see him out of breath

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by EvilAngel
SHM has is right, The creators ment speed, strength, skill, magic blah blah blah. PROVE IT!

Terryc250
Sephiroth never shows how fast really he is cuz he toys around all the time, seeing how fast Loz is, and Loz being just an essence of Sephiroth indicates how fast Sephiroth could be, probably even faster then Loz..

I'd say chopping up giant buildings and canons like paper with one hand effortlessly is a much greater strength feat then anything DJ or Heihachi displayed, not to mention all the other powers Sephiroth has over DJ, like control over the negative lifestream, lifestream was able to disintegrate meteor, and is the source of all energy in FFVII, TK powerful enough to bring down the top of a giant building, and we have yet to see Sephiroths true power still..

I just dont see any way DJ can win this.. his beam would probably be swatted away like Zack's blade beam..

Sephiroth wins this in a stomp.

EvilAngel
PROVE IT!

Okay, Weiss was KNOWN to be Sephiroth's inferior during the days of the war. And he isn't stronger than Sephiroth now either

Genesis is suggested to be on the same power level as Sephiroth lost horribly to Sephiroth in a spar.

No matter how fast or powerful someone strikes became, Sephiroth has always been able to speed up his own to match.

Sephiroth has yet to show any kinds of signs that he's gonig as fast as he can.

Sephiroth is the only character to have spells without the need of materia (Jenova excluded)

Violent2Dope
Okay, Weiss was KNOWN to be Sephiroth's inferior during the days of the war. And he isn't stronger than Sephiroth now either

Genesis is suggested to be on the same power level as Sephiroth lost horribly to Sephiroth in a spar.

No matter how fast or powerful someone strikes became, Sephiroth has always been able to speed up his own to match.

Sephiroth has yet to show any kinds of signs that he's gonig as fast as he can.

Sephiroth is the only character to have spells without the need of materia (Jenova excluded) You didn't prove he is faster than Chaos at all.

SHM
Prove it.

An example: There is an interview with Kitase, where he states that Yazoo's bullets couldn't hit Cloud, because Cloud was too strong. He was talking about Cloud's skill and speed obviously, but he used the word "strong" to describe it.
Many people use the word "stronger" to say that a character is better overall than the other. It's easier to use "stronger" instead of "more powerful, physical stronger, faster, more skilled, etc".

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
is better overall Exactly.

SHM
Exactly.

That means you accept Seph is as fast as Chaos and Omega then?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
That means you accept Seph is as fast as Chaos and Omega then? No, better OVERALL.

SHM
No, better OVERALL.

Sorry, but "better overall" doesn't mean "better in everything"? English is not my first lenguage, and I thing I used the wrong word to describe what I meant. stick out tongue

But this is not important. Read the example I gave.

EvilAngel
I got it. The japanese interveiw reveals all. The word he uses doesn't mean stronger exactly, apparently it's a word they use to describe a warrior, and it's means better/stronger/skilled/FASTER

Violent2Dope
I got it. The japanese interveiw reveals all. The word he uses doesn't mean stronger exactly, apparently it's a word they use to describe a warrior, and it's means better/stronger/skilled/FASTER No, it doesn't. Til he has a feat to prove it, he can only move as fast as what he has shown.

SHM
I got it. The japanese interveiw reveals all. The word he uses doesn't mean stronger exactly, apparently it's a word they use to describe a warrior, and it's means better/stronger/skilled/FASTER

Exactly.

EvilAngel
No, it doesn't. Til he has a feat to prove it, he can only move as fast as what he has shown.
Don't need to, if it's from an interveiw it is a fact, unless the thread starter wants to disclude them from the debate.

SHM
No, it doesn't.

Yazoo's bullets couldn't hit Cloud, because of Cloud's physical strength then.
Yeah, that really makes sense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

EvilAngel
Originally posted by SHM
Yeah, that really makes sense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How cool would that be though laughing

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
Yeah, that really makes sense. roll eyes (sarcastic) Stronger overall smartass. NOTHING even hints Sephiroth can go as fast as Chaos.

EvilAngel
Stronger overall smartass. NOTHING even hints Sephiroth can go as fast as Chaos.

Except the interveiw with one of the creator where he tells you the game character he made is faster, apart from that tiny spec of info thats a perfect arguement

Violent2Dope
Except the interveiw with one of the creator where he tells you the game character he made is faster, apart from that tiny spec of info thats a perfect arguement He didn't mention speed at all either. Phail.

EvilAngel
Look at my earlier post, the word he uses also means speed. You lose

SHM
Stronger overall smartass. NOTHING even hints Sephiroth can go as fast as Chaos.

"Smartass"? Lets not begin throwing insults to each other, okay?

I already talked about the interview where Kitase used the word "strong" to describe Cloud's speed and skill. That's the "hint".

Violent2Dope
Look at my earlier post, the word he uses also means speed. You lose Lol, no, he says that Cloud is too strong to be hit by the bullets, doesn't mention Seph, and doesn't prove that Seph is faster than Chaos. YOU PHAIL.

EvilAngel
Lol, no, he says that Cloud is too strong to be hit by the bullets, doesn't mention Seph, and doesn't prove that Seph is faster than Chaos. YOU PHAIL.

He uses the same word to say that Sephiroth is stronger. Thus my arguement is valid and very strong. I WIN big grin

Violent2Dope
He uses the same word to say that Sephiroth is stronger. Thus my arguement is valid and very strong. I WIN big grin No, it isn't. You know what, when he said stronger when reffering to Seph, I think he meant how much he could bench press and squat.

EvilAngel
No, it isn't. You know what, when he said stronger when reffering to Seph, I think he meant how much he could bench press and squat.

I already said, the word he used means Speed, Strength, Skill.

You cannot deny what the creator said, though the language barriar creates confusion as proven here.

Violent2Dope
I already said, the word he used means Speed, Strength, Skill.

You cannot deny what the creator said, though the language barriar creates confusion as proven here. No, he said it reffering to OVERALL, overall, Cloud is too good to be hit by those puny bullets, he has the strength, speed, and skill to block them, same with Seph, overall, he is stronger.

Wandering Flame
Better is the word you're looking for. wink

EvilAngel
Overall he is strong than Chaos, If he's only as fast as he's been shown where the hell is all the rest of the powerr, that pushes him ontop OVERALL?

If you give me a straight answer i'll be most impressed

Violent2Dope
Overall he is strong than Chaos, If he's only as fast as he's been shown where the hell is all the rest of the powerr, that pushes him ontop OVERALL?

If you give me a straight answer i'll be most impressed Skill for one, he has great skill. Strength, he has shown more raw physical power. Versatility, Seph easily takes this. Power output, one can destroy a planet, the other cannot.

EvilAngel
Skill for one, he has great skill. Strength, he has shown more raw physical power. Versatility, Seph easily takes this. Power output, one can destroy a planet, the other cannot.

Power? summoning a meteors hardly counts as Sephiroth own power....

Violent2Dope
Power? summoning a meteors hardly counts as Sephiroth own power.... Using the Negative Lifestream to kill the planet and use it as a vessel across space.

EvilAngel
Using the Negative Lifestream to kill the planet and use it as a vessel across space.

Thats a power he controls, not neccessarily his own.

Violent2Dope
Thats a power he controls, not neccessarily his own. ...What? He controls it, he made it, it is his power.

SHM
Hmmm..... I don't know if you understood this V2D, but the creators never used the word "overall". I used this word to describe what the creators were saying, because I thought that "better overall" meant "better in everything".
Because this is what they said... That Sephiroth is better in everything. To them, "strength" is not only "physical strength". As proved in the interview.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
Hmmm..... I don't know if you understood this V2D, but the creators never used the word "overall". I used this word to describe what the creators were saying, because I thought that "better overall" meant "better in everything".
Because this is what they said... That Sephiroth is better in everything. To them, "strength" is not only "physical strength". As proved in the interview. No, it has not been proved, feats>>>speculation.

SHM
No, it has not been proved, feats>>>speculation.

Are you saying Kitase stated Yazoo's bullets couldn't hit Cloud because of his physical strength?! That don't make any sense! Cloud cannot dodge bullets with his physical strength, Cloud cannot block bullets with his physical strength. WTF!

To them, "strength" is not only "physical strength". That's a proved fact.

EvilAngel
No, it has not been proved, feats>>>speculation.

Not when it's the creator of the game that's telling us otherwise.

What is hard to understand here.

The people who made ALL the FFVII characters have openly said when asked wihtout a doubt that Sephiroth is SUPERIOR to all other characters in EVERY way minus size.

Denial is the denial of a fact.

ThoraxeRMG

Way Faster
Way Stronger
Got huge sword
More experienced

Jin dies a horrible death. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM

Are you saying Kitase stated Yazoo's bullets couldn't hit Cloud because of his physical strength?! That don't make any sense! Cloud cannot dodge bullets with his physical strength, Cloud cannot block bullets with his physical strength. WTF!

To them, "strength" is not only "physical strength". That's a proved fact. Right, its overall. He had the strength(no normal person can just block a bullet that easily), speed, and skill to block it, overall. Superior in every way? No proof of that.

Csdabest
Cloud should have been able to block bullets with his sword. It bigger than he is. So cloud blocking bullets with swords counts for nothing.

Terryc250
We don't know Sephiroth's real speed because he never exerts himself however,

Loz is a hint at Sephiroth's speed, if u guys didnt read my earlier post, all three of those guys are just essence of Sephiroth, but Sephiroth dwarf's them in every way possible, if we compare Kadaj's skill with Sephiroths, i'm guessing its about 15% of his maybe even less,

So i'm sure Sephiroth if he exerted himself could move atleast and most likely even alot faster then Loz.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Terryc250
We don't know Sephiroth's real speed because he never exerts himself however,

Loz is a hint at Sephiroth's speed, if u guys didnt read my earlier post, all three of those guys are just essence of Sephiroth, but Sephiroth dwarf's them in every way possible, if we compare Kadaj's skill with Sephiroths, i'm guessing its about 15% of his maybe even less,

So i'm sure Sephiroth if he exerted himself could move atleast and most likely even alot faster then Loz. See, that's a reasonable assumption, as Loz is an aspect of Seph, he can at least go as fast, prolly faster.

Your G.O.D
Seph wins this, yo.

SHM
The three silver haired brothers are formed of corrupted Lifestream, not only Sephiroth's spirit. They have aspects of his personality inside them(and a small part of his abilities), but they aren't all of his power divided in 3 parts.

This is why Sephiroth is in his most powerful form ever in AC, even after only ONE of the brothers drunk the cells.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by SHM
The three silver haired brothers are formed of corrupted Lifestream, not only Sephiroth's spirit. They have aspects of his personality inside them(and a small part of his abilities), but they aren't all of his power divided in 3 parts.

This is why Sephiroth is in his most powerful form ever in AC, even after only ONE of the brothers drunk the cells. I didn't say they had all his power. They are aspects, part of him. Yazoo reps Seph's pride and vanity I think, Kadaj reps his innocence, and Loz reps his strength.

EvilAngel
Sephiroth acts nothing like any of them. He has only shown amusement and surprise.

Loz cries erm Sephiroth crying..... LOL

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth acts nothing like any of them. He has only shown amusement and surprise.

Loz cries erm Sephiroth crying..... LOL Sephiroth is a momma's boy like him...

EvilAngel
Sephiroth is a momma's boy like him...

Pyron is more likely to cry than Sephiroth happy

Violent2Dope
Pyron is more likely to cry than Sephiroth happy Pyron doesn't have eyeballs.

EvilAngel
Precisely, i was actually going on the point he's made of a fiery-like energy

Violent2Dope
Precisely, i was actually going on the point he's made of a fiery-like energy Sephiroth cries about how emoman Cloud always picks on him. 313

Terryc250
Originally posted by SHM

This is why Sephiroth is in his most powerful form ever in AC, even after only ONE of the brothers drunk the cells.

I know theyre not Sephiroths power divided by 3, but they are "Physical manifestations" of Sephiroths will, and they mustve got their power from somewhere.. I'm just saying, Sephiroth is ATLEAST capable of anything the 3 are able to do..

IMO, after Sephiroth took control of the negative lifestream, he created them physically, gave them a small fraction of his power, and guided them to get the J-cells.

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Way to go, Ladies_Man_666

j/k

You mentioned AC Sephiroth, and by default he should not be able to perform Supernova as he never has.

You didn't mention what version of Devil Jin, though.

May I mention similarities?

1. They both have telekinesis. Devil Jin can explode a speeding mortocycle and choke oppponents from a distance. Sephiroth can collapse a building with his. I would like to post videos, though I'm too lazy.

2. They can fly fast.

3. They can project attacks that cut clean through massive objects, such as skyscrapers. Devil Jin did so in one Tekken 6 trailer; Sephiroth did so in the fight with Genesis.

4. They're both evil, well that's a duh.

5. They're both strong and not weak. Sephiroth can hit Cloud so hard that he goes back quickly and far through a concrete building. Devil Jin threw Heihachi through a concrete wall.

6. Possess massive durability. Devil Jin gets scratched not by an exploding mortocycle. Sephiroth does the same against Genesis' explosive fireballs.

7. They look cool. 313

Alas, as for my honest opinion.

Devil Jin < AC Sephiroth

Upgraded Devil Jin (we should all know who that is) > AC Sephiroth And wow, how did I forget this one: they both have wings, black wings. erm

They also have forms where their shirts are off.

...anyway, I still hold my opinion, which can be seen on the first page.

As for those who are curious as to what Devil Jin can do in close battle against Sephiroth who has the Masamune, Devil Jin can use telekinesis or lasers like the ones shown in this video.ubYOpvyvzgMLulz another similarity. They're both...gods? shocklaugh

---

Or perhaps the energy he can release from his body (he can do this somewhat in his normal version; it's what he used to destroy a forest in the beginning of Tekken 5).8oYg9SBSPR4

EvilAngel
Every time i see Devil Jin i feel bad for him. Just not as cool as Cursemark Sasuke
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/DemonSasuke.jpg

Ladies_Man_666
Okay let's make a little change here. Now the battle is between Safer Sephiroth and Devil Jin after absorbing Jinpachi's power.

Ladies_Man_666
Reported?

EvilAngel
Sin Harvest, instant KO

OR

Pale Horse, Devil Jin goes out of his mind

Violent2Dope
Every time i see Devil Jin i feel bad for him. Just not as cool as Cursemark Sasuke
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/DemonSasuke.jpg Anyone is cooler than emoqueer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.