Can Wonder Woman defeat these 5 characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Larceny
1. Superman
2. Silver Surfer
3. Thor
4. Captain Marvel
5. Black Adam

Current version of each character.

She only gets 3 chances to defeat each character.

King Kandy
She can't beat any of them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
She can defeat all of them. Maybe not for the majority.Some she will split with.

Surfer I have my doubts about.He can beat anyone on this list if he didn't jobber so much. But if surfer fights like the moron that he almost always does unless it is some huge comics threat, then she would likely just sweet talk him, which is her mo, and then ask him to hold her lasso. He'd do it. And she'd win. :P

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
She can defeat all of them. Maybe not for the majority. Surfer I have my doubts about. But if surfer fights like the moron that he almost always does unless it is some huge comics threat, then she would likely just sweet talk him, which is her mo, and then ask him to hold her lasso. He'd do it. And she'd win. :P

She only gets three chances to beat them.

Mr. Slippyfist
She can't defeat any.

Apparently Surfer's IQ got lowered by 50, and he turned into Rhino... which I found quite interesting following nvr's description. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
She can't defeat any.

Apparently Surfer's IQ got lowered by 50, and he turned into Rhino... which I found quite interesting following nvr's description. smile

You haven't seen surfer fight have you? He's one of my favorites, but seriously, he does the dummy so much.

Larceny
You haven't seen surfer fight have you? He's one of my favorites, but seriously, he does the dummy so much.

Is every character you have no clue about one of your favorites?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Larceny
She only gets three chances to beat them.

She can get at least 1 out of 3 with everyone but surfer.

Surfer is too versatile and powerful. Most of her uber attacks wouldn't land. Her only bet would be to see if she can get surfer to send out an extremely powerful blast and have him own himself when she sends it back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is every character you have no clue about one of your favorites?

NO clue? I have like 50 issues of surfers comic. All of the infinity sagas, and I even buy one shots and mini's of surfer. Dont' come for me lil boy.

Larceny
I have like 50 issues of surfers comic.

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing
What's funny?

I was collecting when Ron lim was drawing. Teh Uber Artist and writer. I stuck it out after ron left and it got crappy. even thru some of those shitty drawn issues during the blood and thunder arc. I collected the cosmic powers, the starmasters, ect. I know surfer can be drained of his energy by third rate d list villians. All of that. Please dont' tell me that I dont' know the character.

Mr. Slippyfist
You haven't seen surfer fight have you? He's one of my favorites, but seriously, he does the dummy so much. Please.
I've seen almost every fight Surfer's ever had (and have read all of his comics as well, and hundreds of appearances).
I pay attention to comics, but more attention to my favorites.

Your description is so far from the truth, you might as well have said he threw poop in one of his fights.

He holds back... sure... but he doesn't fight like an idiot except maybe a couple times.

He'll hold her lasso? WTF.What the f**k?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Please.
I've seen almost every fight Surfer's ever had (and have read all of his comics as well, and hundreds of appearances).
I pay attention to comics, but more attention to my favorites.

Your description is so far from the truth, you might as well have said he threw poop in one of his fights.

He holds back... sure... but he doesn't fight like an idiot except maybe a couple times.

Hell yeah he does. Surfer should be beating EVERYONE"s asses. Period. As I said, I been reading him a long time. HE was one of my first comics I bought on my own, along with I think Xmen xcutioner's song. Surfer is just too powerful for some of the shit that happens to him.

Larceny
What's funny?

I was collecting when Ron lim was drawing. Teh Uber Artist and writer. I stuck it out after ron left and it got crappy. even thru some of those shitty drawn issues during the blood and thunder arc. I collected the cosmic powers, the starmasters, ect. I know surfer can be drained of his energy by third rate d list villians. All of that. Please dont' tell me that I dont' know the character.

50 comics doesn't even put a dent in the thousands of comics Surfer's appeared in, yet he's your fav? GTFO. laughing

You didn't even read Blood and Thunder.

Faceman
They can all beat her for a majority.

nvrbeenwthagirl
50 comics doesn't even put a dent in the thousands of comics Surfer's appeared in, yet he's your fav? GTFO. laughing

You didn't even read Blood and Thunder.

Don't tell me what I didn't read. I read that shitty arc when it first came out and never picked it back up. Thor beats the IW. Who where holding back. None sense. THor punched drax in the stomache and the power gem comes up. WTF. As many times as drax had been hit. Don't tell me what I didn't read. And I said I had 50 of surfer's comic series. At least. And didn't I mention other series as well? Next time take the time to read. You only make your self look foolish in the end.

Mr. Slippyfist
Hell yeah he does. Surfer should be beating EVERYONE"s asses. Period. As I said, I been reading him a long time. HE was one of my first comics I bought on my own, along with I think Xmen xcutioner's song. Surfer is just too powerful for some of the shit that happens to him. Umm... what?

Never mind... God...

nvrbeenwthagirl
1. Superman
2. Silver Surfer
3. Thor
4. Captain Marvel
5. Black Adam

She only gets 3 chances to defeat each character.
What makes Cm be able to beat superman? Magic correct?
WW has a couple of magic tricks.
What makes superman be able to beat thor. Mostly speed.
WW is faster than thor in all areas of combat.
What makes BA able to beat CM? Skill right?
WW has already stalemated CM before she got a power up.And we know WW is easily more skilled than any of these guys in a fight.
Black Adam and Silver SUrfer would be the one's she would have a problem with.
But BA isn't dishing out anything she hasn't dealt with. Magic lighting? Not hardly better than Zeus's.
Blunt force trauma? He's not doing better than zoom or superman has already done.

Which leaves surfer. Whom I think would pwn her with out ever having gotten close. He would have to fire enough blasts off to get past her guantlets.

Bouboumaster
She is dead 9/10, 10/10 and 9/10 against the three first respectively.

I see her statlemating Classic Captain Marvel and Black Adam.
(Black Adam vs Wonder Woman... It would be awesome!)

Mr. Slippyfist
Don't tell me what I didn't read. I read that shitty arc when it first came out and never picked it back up. Thor beats the IW. Who where holding back. None sense. THor punched drax in the stomache and the power gem comes up. WTF. As many times as drax had been hit. Don't tell me what I didn't read. And I said I had 50 of surfer's comic series. At least. And didn't I mention other series as well? Next time take the time to read. You only make your self look foolish in the end. I agree that BaT was horrible ass writing... however, you do realize that you've only read like 1/4 of Surfer's comics if that's trufe. So...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree that BaT was horrible ass writing... however, you do realize that you've only read like 1/4 of Surfer's comics if that's trufe. So...

Surfer just got shitty after Ron lim left. I stayed as long as i could. No one draws surfer like ron lim.

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer just got shitty after Ron lim left. I stayed as long as i could. No one draws surfer like ron lim. I agree about Ron being ass bangs... however, fancy art isn't all there is to a comic. erm

The Great Galen
She cant defeat any of them, unless she seduces them into bed and kills them there......

Tommy05
1. Superman
2. Silver Surfer
3. Thor
4. Captain Marvel
5. Black Adam

She only gets 3 chances to defeat each character. Yes some.

Just none of them for the majority, she might get in a winning blow with her skill or some killing move but over all she loses.

Tommy05
Is every character you have no clue about one of your favorites? laughing out loud

Larceny
Don't tell me what I didn't read. I read that shitty arc when it first came out and never picked it back up. Thor beats the IW. Who where holding back. None sense. THor punched drax in the stomache and the power gem comes up. WTF. As many times as drax had been hit. Don't tell me what I didn't read. And I said I had 50 of surfer's comic series. At least. And didn't I mention other series as well? Next time take the time to read. You only make your self look foolish in the end.

Lets see....

Didn't Thor have the power gem by that time?

Where they pulling punches? It would seem that they were trying to help thier mad freind. No way he could over whelm them if they were trying to injure or kill him as he was them.

I looked at the scan. Looks like he did the same shit he always does. A true warrior would have just blasted at thor and not given a speech telegraphing his intentions. Surfer got pwned for talking to much and fighting too little. I can get knocked out too if I didn't throw one punch and talked a bunch of shit.

Doesn't sound like someone who read the arc....

Mr. Ree
Of course she can if the writer writes the story for her to do so. Just like Venom can beat superman.

Faceman
Originally posted by Mr. Ree
Of course she can if the writer writes the story for her to do so. Just like Venom can beat superman.

( Lets take a look at the rules, before posting something stupid)

Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.

Prep time
Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell unless the thread starter specifies it. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Basic Knowledge
Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No outside help
Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches. For example, Captain America cannot call in the Avengers during a fight with Batman.

Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost.

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

No Mentioning Events of PIS
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

Larceny
Originally posted by Faceman
( Lets take a look at the rules, before posting something stupid)

Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.

Prep time
Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell unless the thread starter specifies it. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Basic Knowledge
Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No outside help
Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches. For example, Captain America cannot call in the Avengers during a fight with Batman.

Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost.

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

No Mentioning Events of PIS
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

wow....

Soljer
The only one on that list she can beat one third of the time is Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.