Death's Head II runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
How far does he get?

1.Daredevil
2.Wolverine
3.Spider-Man
4.Omega Red
5.Venom(Brock)
6.Thing
7.Colossus
8.Gladiator/No Speed blitz

DigiMark007
Makes it to 8. He manhandled Thing in their encounter, overpowering him and making him bleed before throwing him off a bridge. Colossus would be roughly the same, and Minion has better healing and more offensive output that him, even if the Russian is slightly stronger.

Wolverine would stab him and stuff, but wouldn't be able to inflict enough punishment to put him down due to his ridiculous healing feats. And he has spread-fire large enough to hit Spidey.

Gladiator handles him rather easily though. Death's Head II is the absolute class of his tier (High Meta), and could tussle with a few low heralds, but wouldn't take any of them out.

golem370
I have a book where Colossus stood toe to toe with Gladiator for a little bit until a building fell on both of them. Now if Colossus could go toe to toe with Gladiator at all would that give Minion some what of a chance against Gladiator?

Faceman
Originally posted by golem370
I have a book where Colossus stood toe to toe with Gladiator for a little bit until a building fell on both of them. Now if Colossus could go toe to toe with Gladiator at all would that give Minion some what of a chance against Gladiator?
I have the scans if you would like me to post them...

golem370
Sure

DigiMark007
Fair enough, but was is CIS on Gladiator's part or was it a legit feat? Because the vast (vast) majority of Colossus's showings have him around the same level as Thing.

Minion has fought and survived against people at high levels too. One (the Lotus Blossom guy, his name escapes me) was purportedly as powerful as Surfer. But that doesn't mean DHII is that level.

So my assessment stands. Colossus fights well but loses, then Glads stomps him or beats him in a decent fight, depending on his mood that day.

Faceman
Sure

Coming right up pal, let me scroll threw my library. May I add that is one of the best X-men issues I have ever read.

golem370
Yes that's the one I have with Xavier on the front

golem370
Gladiator also lost a battle with Thor and not Odinson either I believe it was Eric Masterson and he seemed not sure of himself.

Faceman
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Face-Man/x-1.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Face-Man/x-2.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Face-Man/x-3.jpg

golem370
Thanks

Faceman
Thanks

no problem. cool

DigiMark007
Um. Glads just stood there unfazed when Colossus bashed him with a giant pillar. The only thing that harmed even his costume was the building, not Colossus himself.

So yeah, my opinion stands in full. Cool fight and all, but that's about how I'd expect Colossus to fare against Glads.

golem370
Looked like a pretty even fight for awhile

Mr. Slippyfist
Looked like yet another contradiction of Glad's history to me... in his next appearance, he one-shotted Thing, and took Torch's nova blast without any scratches...

SuperiorTech
I think Collossus would hang with glads for a while but I dont see him having a chance of winning Collossus also slug it out with juggs and held his own but I dont think he had a chance of winning that either.

golem370
I don't know who would win between Gladiator & Death's Head but it would be a hell of a fight

Faceman
This is the issue, I highly recommend it.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/Face-Man/PhoenixTheUntoldStory00100-1.jpg

DigiMark007
Gladiator would whup Death's Head II. If there was a chance of him winning, I'd be all over it. But there isn't.

leonidas
i think venom would pose something of a problem, actually. that would be a very cool fight. i think dhii takes him for a majority, but i think it would be a great battle. colossus wouldn't outclass him much in strength and the healing would be all dhii's. offensively it MIGHT be a bit of an issue to ko colossus, but with enough pounding i think he would beat colossus for the majority as well.

glads rips him a new one every time. he's too big a jump. someone like ironman would be a very interesting fight.

guy222

Alfheim
Hey I picked DH II for my New Avengers and all of a sudden its DH II time. sad Stop ripping my ideas I saw him first angryfist

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Alfheim
Hey I picked DH II for my New Avengers and all of a sudden its DH II time. sad Stop ripping my ideas I saw him first angryfist

Yes, let's not steal characters and pretend like it's our find. That would just be wrong.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t461697.html

no expression

Horrificus
Minion wins.
Minion is able to defeat Gladiator.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Horrificus
Minion wins.
Minion is able to defeat Gladiator.

Haha. No. I'd love to see what you're basing that on.

And giving undue credit to a character only loses them reputation points. Look at Storm. So I like to be honest about characters, even if I'd secretly love to see Minion beat someone like Glads....but it would be some pretty massive SM/FL (though not quite as bad).

Horrificus
Class 100 strength, in the neighborhood of Hercules.
Teleportation
Experience, intelligence and creativity of 106 of the most powerful minds in existence, (including Reed Richards).
Near-instantaneous repair, from damage as severe as being cut in half.
Horrendously powerful weapons systems.
Incredibly durable body, showing no damage against Hulk-level opponents.
Hand weapon capable of breaking adamantium, (Logan's claw).

And that's just off the top of my head.

DigiMark007
Class 100 strength, in the neighborhood of Hercules.
Teleportation
Experience, intelligence and creativity of 106 of the most powerful minds in existence, (including Reed Richards).
Near-instantaneous repair, from damage as severe as being cut in half.
Horrendously powerful weapons systems.
Incredibly durable body, showing no damage against Hulk-level opponents.
Hand weapon capable of breaking adamantium, (Logan's claw).

And that's just off the top of my head.

I'm familiar with his power set, more so than most.

- His strength is Class 100, but he grappled with Thing for a while before overpowering him. He managed to gets some shots in on Hulk, but only with Killpower's help. Impressive, but nowhere near Glads level.

- He has never used his teleportation in a battle setting, suggesting that it's more for travel than close-range fighting.

- Experience and intelligence is great, but what would he do with it? For how impressive it should be, it's never really been utilized for anything, and wouldn't be useful against Glads.

- He wasn't cut in half. It was a slice along the center of his body, and yes it was an impressive healing feat. But he's been knocked out before by people at or below Glads' level.

- His healing is impressive but he's been damaged by a lot less than Hulk-level opponents. I don't really know what you're basing his durability on, but if it wasn't for his healing he'd be in even worse trouble.

- The adamantium feat you're referring to is erroneous. The Wolverine was from an alternate universe where his adamantium had been magically tampered with by Charnel, so they weren't as strong as regular adamantium. When he faced 616 Wolverine, Logan cut his arm off, so it's definitely NOT stronger than adamantium.

I love Minion. Which is why I'm giving him the respect he deserves, but no more. Gladiator would beat him.

Alfheim
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yes, let's not steal characters and pretend like it's our find. That would just be wrong.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t461697.html

no expression

Yeah I know....im just joking....c'mon. no expression

Tharg
If he has his plot device TVA weapons he wins.

Horrificus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm familiar with his power set, more so than most.

- His strength is Class 100, but he grappled with Thing for a while before overpowering him. He managed to gets some shots in on Hulk, but only with Killpower's help. Impressive, but nowhere near Glads level.

- He has never used his teleportation in a battle setting, suggesting that it's more for travel than close-range fighting.

- Experience and intelligence is great, but what would he do with it? For how impressive it should be, it's never really been utilized for anything, and wouldn't be useful against Glads.

- He wasn't cut in half. It was a slice along the center of his body, and yes it was an impressive healing feat. But he's been knocked out before by people at or below Glads' level.

- His healing is impressive but he's been damaged by a lot less than Hulk-level opponents. I don't really know what you're basing his durability on, but if it wasn't for his healing he'd be in even worse trouble.

- The adamantium feat you're referring to is erroneous. The Wolverine was from an alternate universe where his adamantium had been magically tampered with by Charnel, so they weren't as strong as regular adamantium. When he faced 616 Wolverine, Logan cut his arm off, so it's definitely NOT stronger than adamantium.

I love Minion. Which is why I'm giving him the respect he deserves, but no more. Gladiator would beat him. Well, he pounded the Hulk around pretty well. And, I'm not listing some of the other Hulk-level beings he beat, because nobody would know who I am talking about, since it didn't really go mainstream.
As you know.
This is supposed to use the best showings of the characters in question.
Are you saying that a creature like minion, with his physical capabilities, used with the 106 mental giants in his head, could not beat Gladiator?
Seriously? Because, I don't think that sounds realistic.
Especially, given Gladiators confidence problem.
You really believe the information and experience in the 106 minds he holds, would not be able to work Gladiator's mind as well as his body?

Tommy05
Gladiator.

He needed help to knockout Banner Hulk. Gladiator is above regular Hulk let alone Banner. Along with his speed and skill he wins.

DigiMark007
Well, he pounded the Hulk around pretty well. And, I'm not listing some of the other Hulk-level beings he beat, because nobody would know who I am talking about, since it didn't really go mainstream.
As you know.
This is supposed to use the best showings of the characters in question.
Are you saying that a creature like minion, with his physical capabilities, used with the 106 mental giants in his head, could not beat Gladiator?
Seriously? Because, I don't think that sounds realistic.
Especially, given Gladiators confidence problem.
You really believe the information and experience in the 106 minds he holds, would not be able to work Gladiator's mind as well as his body?

He didn't beat the Hulk. He stalemated him for a bit with the help of Killpower, then BFR'd him out of a spaceship. It's a good showing, but to suggest that it puts him on Gladiator's level is asinine.

Gladiator has torn stars apart and gone toe-to-toe with herald-level beings.

And you still have yet to show how he'd actually be able to use the 106 personalities for anything useful (105, actually. One of them escaped). He's not telepathic, and most of them have never even been explained or used....we can only confirm the names of about 5-6 of the personalities. So "working on Gladiator's mind?" Not unless witty banter makes Glads feel less confident.

Your argument is based on listing a power set and trying to make him sound better than he is. Nothing he has done puts him on level with numerous feats that Glads has accomplished.

Horrificus
Killpower was practically there as a cheerleader.
And, you can't ignore the panels where Minion pounded the crap out of Hulk, by himself.

Gladiator was defeated by Cannonball.

'nuff said...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.