Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



NASA
Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi

No special moves/projectiles for Ryu

Your G.O.D
Ryu still wins this...he has better feats.

The Cap'n
Ryu don't need now Hadouken and the like to beat this guy.

SmashBro
If Ryu did have his powers, I would have said him but if he's without them, then I'd say Akira got this. Coming from a realistic fighting game series like VF, Akira seems to have the most techniques of the two.

Wandering Flame
B..b-but Ryu is superhuman.

Sado22
DISRESPECTUL!
how dare you say ryu doesn't have enough moves?! mad

ryu has...........COUNT YOU FANBOY...................three moves! THREE MOVES! THREE MOVES YOU IDIOT! did you get that yet?! THREE MOVES! THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! mad

~Sado

Your G.O.D
Actually, Ryu's got 7 moves, yo.

NASA
Originally posted by SmashBro
If Ryu did have his powers, I would have said him but if he's without them, then I'd say Akira got this. Coming from a realistic fighting game series like VF, Akira seems to have the most techniques of the two.

I agree with you dude 100%

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Actually, Ryu's got 7 moves, yo. Laughable compared to most Tekken fighters' 120 or so different moves.

Csdabest
You do realize that most of those 120 moves consist of nothing but combo's right? Just named combo's

Csdabest
Also is M.U.G.E.N. canon? @[email protected]

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Laughable compared to most Tekken fighters' 120 or so different moves. But they suck, though.Originally posted by Csdabest
You do realize that most of those 120 moves consist of nothing but combo's right? Just named combo's Exactly

SmashBro
Originally posted by Sado22
DISRESPECTUL!
how dare you say ryu doesn't have enough moves?! mad

ryu has...........COUNT YOU FANBOY...................three moves! THREE MOVES! THREE MOVES YOU IDIOT! did you get that yet?! THREE MOVES! THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! mad

~Sado

I didn't say anything about "powers" (heck, Akira has NO powers). I'm saying hand-to-hand combat techniques. You see that more in games like Virtua Fighter or Tekken than you see in games like Street Fighter, since they're more fireball-based games.

Wandering Flame
Um, no, they don't "suck". Otherwise Ryu's Tetsumaki sempuu kyaku (sp)? would suck, at the very least.

And on the contrary, Jin is one of the few characters who's moves consists mainly of one-hitters.

And whether or not Mugen is canon? Lmfao. I couldn't resist giggling at that question.

Sado22
i'll smack kazuya's movelist in your face, foo! heck kazuya has more THROWS than ryu has moves.


i'm talking regular moves.
hadouken
tatsumakisenpuukyaku
shoryuken

and...? joudan sakoutou geri? don't make me laugh.

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Sado22
i'll smack kazuya's movelist in your face, foo! heck kazuya has more THROWS than ryu has moves.crylaugh

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Um, no, they don't "suck". Otherwise Ryu's Tetsumaki sempuu kyaku (sp)? would suck, at the very least. Yeah right...

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
And on the contrary, Jin is one of the few characters who's moves consists mainly of one-hitters. Still...they're just regular punches and kicks though, nothin super human bout them at all...they suck.Originally posted by Sado22
i'm talking regular moves.
hadouken
tatsumakisenpuukyaku
shoryuken You for got the Aerial Tatsumakisenpuukyaku, the Shakenatsu Hadouken, and the fake Hadouken AND if you wanna get real technical...the Sakoutsu Wari which will add up to 8 and not 7.

Originally posted by Sado22
joudan sakoutou geri? don't make me laugh. Rather you think it's good or not is absolutely, to the max...irrelevant.

It's still a special move and it's actually is VERY useful and damaging...it can lead to instant kill combos actually, yo.

Sado22
that there is your bias. you go on calling a flame hadouken a move but refuse to acknowledge the tekken characters' moves on the count that they (according to you) are part of a chain move...whcih is retarded, cuz:
-they are not all like that
-it depends totally from character to character

so we're back at square one: Kazuya has over 60 moves. ryu has 8. it's still around 8 times more than ryu's.

and if i go by your logic, than kazuya has even more moves than that since you can alternate so many of his moves to just one hit (like dragon uppercut where we don't do the follow up) or we can enhance the move (glorious demongod fist to soul annihilator). they become different moves altogether and i didn't count those.

so no.

~Sado

Wandering Flame
Haha @ but they're superhuman and Jin's isn't so they suck. If I get bored from playing Hi-res mugen I may bother to profile that.

King Hellstorm is an awesome guy. big grin

SmashBro
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
B..b-but Ryu is superhuman.

Actually, Ryu is pretty normal. He may have the fireballs, the shin shoryuken (which IS very strong) and dark hadou but he doesn't have super strength or super speed or something. He's on regular human level in those areas.

Wandering Flame
I know, and that applies primarily to just Ryu.

Evil Ryu is comparable to Devil Jin (in my opinion) in terms of power, and even regular Ryu has above ordinary attributes.

...so in other words, he's done things that a human would most likely not be able to do, such as dodge bullets, and swing his leg so hard that it shoots a gush of wind at a guy that tears his clothes.

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by Sado22
that there is your bias. you go on calling a flame hadouken a move but refuse to acknowledge the tekken characters' moves on the count that they (according to you) are part of a chain move...whcih is retarded, cuz:
-they are not all like that
-it depends totally from character to character I consider it a special move cuz regular humans can't throw out fire balls. If we could consider punches an kicks specials then every single punch/kick that involves a push of the D Pad would be a spcial move then KOF and Sf guys would have like 20 moves

Originally posted by Sado22
so we're back at square one: Kazuya has over 60 moves. ryu has 8. it's still around 8 times more than ryu's. Ryu's 8 moves, super human>Kaz's 60 moves, very human.

Originally posted by Sado22
and if i go by your logic, than kazuya has even more moves than that since you can alternate so many of his moves to just one hit (like dragon uppercut where we don't do the follow up) or we can enhance the move (glorious demongod fist to soul annihilator). they become different moves altogether and i didn't count those. 98% of'em are still regular punches and kicks that any human wit workin arms and legs can do in real life. If a regular human in real life can copy your specials...that sucks.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
I know, and that applies primarily to just Ryu.

Evil Ryu is comparable to Devil Jin (in my opinion) in terms of power, and even regular Ryu has above ordinary attributes.

...so in other words, he's done things that a human would most likely not be able to do, such as dodge bullets, and swing his leg so hard that it shoots a gush of wind at a guy that tears his clothes.

I'm guessing you saw the Street Fighter Alpha movie, huh?

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by SmashBro
Actually, Ryu is pretty normal. He may have the fireballs, the shin shoryuken (which IS very strong) and dark hadou but he doesn't have super strength or super speed or something. He's on regular human level in those areas. Ryu can lift tank sized objects, take and dodge bullets...that don't seem normal to me. Of course Ryu aint no superman though.

SmashBro
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Ryu can lift tank sized objects, take and dodge bullets...that don't seem normal to me. Of course Ryu aint no superman though.

Since when did Ryu do any of that?

Wandering Flame
In the Alpha movie.

Also King, Kaz's moves aren't "human". Otherwise he wouldn't be able to smash robots with one-hitters.

And what are Ryu's 8 superhuman moves, because from that post you made it seem as if only attacks involving fireballs are superhuman. What's your point, would Ryu's "superhuman" fireballs overcome Heihachi who is in fact < Kazuya, who by your standards is not "superhuman" like Ryu?

Ryu's fireballs, shoryuken, twirl kick (too lazy to type out the move) would be like finger pokes to Heihachi.

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by SmashBro
Since when did Ryu do any of that? In SF III Strike Ryu lifted 2 giant boulders stacked on top of each other, wit a guy sittin at the top of'em...that's pretty damn strong if you ask me.

He dodged bullets in th Alpha movie, you already know that.

He got shot twice in the chest in the Alpha comic and then continued to fight.

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by Wandering Flame

Also King, Kaz's moves aren't "human". Otherwise he wouldn't be able to smash robots with one-hitters. He can only smash robots cuz he's strong, not cuz of his "special moves".

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
And what are Ryu's 8 superhuman moves, because from that post you made it seem as if only attacks involving fireballs are superhuman. What's your point, would Ryu's "superhuman" fireballs overcome Heihachi who is in fact < Kazuya, who by your standards is not "superhuman" like Ryu? I seriously doubt that a human can spin around in the air and move a dozen feet across while still bein in the air. And I seriously doubt human can use chi to propel him ten feet up in the air wit an upper cut.

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Ryu's fireballs, shoryuken, twirl kick (too lazy to type out the move) would be like finger pokes to Heihachi. Ryu's fire balls can obliterate opponents, erase them, if he's serious. Hachi's goin down. If Jin can kick can hurt'em then there's no doubt that Hachi is not impervious to physical attacks.

Ryu's Shoryuken nearly killed Sagat and almost split Bison in half...Hachi goes down yet again.

SmashBro
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
In SF III Strike Ryu lifted 2 giant boulders stacked on top of each other, wit a guy sittin at the top of'em...that's pretty damn strong if you ask me.

He dodged bullets in th Alpha movie, you already know that.

He got shot twice in the chest in the Alpha comic and then continued to fight.

You're using different sources. Also, I've never heard of Street Fighter 3 Strike. I've heard of SF Third Strike but not that.

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by SmashBro
You're using different sources. Also, I've never heard of Street Fighter 3 Strike. I've heard of SF Third Strike but not that. The events aint canon but the abilities are or at least that's what Capcom and Udon say so the movies and Comics .

That's what I meant, SF III 3rd Strike...

SmashBro
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
The events aint canon but the abilities are or at least that's what Capcom and Udon say so the movies and Comics .

The comics look pretty cool.

Originally posted by King Hellstorm
That's what I meant, SF III 3rd Strike...

Was that in the game or in the comics?

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by SmashBro
The comics look pretty cool. Yeah, the Udon's style is pretty unique



Originally posted by SmashBro
Was that in the game or in the comics? Game, it was Oro's endin. (Oro's the old guy wit one arm)

SmashBro
I never beaten it with Oro and I only seen VERY few endings in Third Strike, mainly do to Gill's cheapness.

King Hellstorm
Originally posted by SmashBro
I never beaten it with Oro and I only seen VERY few endings in Third Strike, mainly do to Gill's cheapness. My only suggestion to you would be to turn the difficulty down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.