AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelinaAndBruce
What happened to her character? Am I forgetting? Was she one of the ones the cannibals made the bone cages out of or was she in the cage that plummeted to their death? I dunno but I kind of liked her. I would not have minded her with Jack at all I sort of took a fancy to her in COTB

katelovespirate
Nope she's alive.

I don't know, I'd have to see it on screen to decide. I really liked Anamaria, but she was a bit of a spaz. She seemed like a bit of a feminist, to say the least, but when they all came back with the pearl at the end of film 1, I'm guessing she found her way into his cabin once or twice. She was obviously smitten. But I reckon they'd had a relationship before and it hadn't lasted or something.

PirateDiva
Nope! I never really liked Anamaria and Jack! I dont know why...but i wouldnt doubt something happened between them. She was never in Pirates 2 at all.

SelinaAndBruce
Ahh okay. I kind of liked them. I mean I didn't have much to go on but I found their dynamic kind of funny. Out of all the women that slapped him one she was my favorite and she slapped him for a reason. Even Captain Jack admitted to deserving one from her, lol. O well though. What's done is done I just wish that had been the outcome

potcfan2003
I like Anamaria... she was my dad's favorite character... they should bring her back for Pirates 4... tht would be AWEsome!! they could have her and JAck get together... tht way Jack won't be alone, but I can still have my Willabeth!!

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by potcfan2003
I like Anamaria... she was my dad's favorite character... they should bring her back for Pirates 4... tht would be AWEsome!! they could have her and JAck get together... tht way Jack won't be alone, but I can still have my Willabeth!!
You and me like this. I'm not huge willabeth shipper but I don't like Sparrabeth at all. And if Keira and Orlando don't want to do 4 I would love to see that or even a new woman as long as she is strong and not annoying.

potcfan2003
Yea... I love willabeth, and I can't stand Sparrabeth but I want Jack to have somebody...

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by potcfan2003
Yea... I love willabeth, and I can't stand Sparrabeth but I want Jack to have somebody...
I hate Sparrabeth to me it made Elizabeth seem sleazy and childish and it was kind of cute as a sparring friendship up until Elizabeth killed Captain Jack Sparrow and then I just as a fan of his didn't want him being too friendly with her after that

PirateDiva
haha I Love Sparrabeth!! love

sorry i just couldn't stand all the Whelpabeth love! lol

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by PirateDiva
haha I Love Sparrabeth!! love

sorry i just couldn't stand all the Whelpabeth love! lol
Deal with it mad laughing

Willabeth is love.

Captain Jack Sparrow is freedom

willofthewisp
So what then is...what would you call that...sparramaria?

I'd like to see it onscreen, selinaandbruce, maybe a flashback of the relationship they had before. They obviously have a history and I would have slapped Jack too if he "borrowed my ship without permission." But I don't know. I make fun of Anamaria sometimes because she's so negative. Here you have Will and Elizabeth at least coming up with ideas and fighting for their lives and Gibbs is really supportive of them and even compliments them for thinking like Jack, but Anamaria just kind of puts them down and can't seem to think of anything. She's harsh, but she's cool and I still like her. I think we just saw her on a high-stress-level day. ha ha.

We actually wrote a fic where she ended up with Will. I have a feeling if I saw her and Jack together I would think they were "too similar." Jack and Elizabeth have a lot in common, but they have some major differences too that make them interesting to each other. I think Jack and Anamaria would look at each other and take the free sex, but not see anything new and exciting in the other.

lovethemtigers
I didn't feel any chemistry whatsoever between Jack and AnnaMaria....just like there is no chemistry between Will and Liz...the writers, directors and producers forced that relationship....maybe if someone else had played Will...but sorry Orlando Bloom is just too boring.......especially when paired up with Keira Knightly..I felt no sparks between them......just a simple little girl-next-door crush....

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I didn't feel any chemistry whatsoever between Jack and AnnaMaria....just like there is no chemistry between Will and Liz...the writers, directors and producers forced that relationship....maybe if someone else had played Will...but sorry Orlando Bloom is just too boring.......especially when paired up with Keira Knightly..I felt no sparks between them......just a simple little girl-next-door crush....
Eh I heard Keira Knightley tried to force a lot of that Sparrabeth stuff and she doesn't have chemistry with anyone really either all of that was Johnny Depp IMO.

And I think Willabeth did have some chem. It just was different from Sparrabeth's IMO.

katelovespirate
Orlando has two dimensions when he acts. Lovesick puppy, or intensity-bordering-on-anger. He's cute, he works hard, i have no problem with him being a successful actor, but he does not have the same nuanced performances as Johnny or Keira. Case in point: Who has been nominated for oscars?

Until the tea scene with Beckett in film 3, I don't recall ever having seen him smile in the films. slight exaggeration, but you know what i'm saying. there's no charm there. there's no personality. it's a stock character. he doesn't annoy me as a person, it just annoys me that they match THAT up with the extremely well rounded character of Elizabeth and expect us to enjoy it. Keira just WAYYYY out-performs him, along with most other characters in the series. He disappears when Keira is in the scene, let alone Jack.

Johnny and Keira both just have that star quality. the camera loves them, they know how to work it. Orlando clearly has to work harder.

potcfan2003
I think Orlando did a great job... it's not him it's the character... Will's supposed to be very serious.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by katelovespirate

Johnny and Keira both just have that star quality. the camera loves them, they know how to work it. Orlando clearly has to work harder.
Johnny does, but Keira Knightley doesn't a lot of critical acclaim and she has bombed other on screen pairings according to some critics.

katelovespirate
what do you have against keira? remember that before this series, Depp had no critical acclaim whatsoever. and keira's likely got another oscar nomination in the bag this year with atonement.

I do believe Will was written that way, but Orlando has essentially played very similar roles since he started acting. Legolas? Balian? That weird Elizabethtown movie may be his only non-moody-action-film role. Not that I have anything against him at all... but usually i sort of ride him off as a pretty face with a great voice.

SelinaAndBruce
what do you have against keira? remember that before this series, Depp had no critical acclaim whatsoever. and keira's likely got another oscar nomination in the bag this year with atonement.

Johnny Depp's be critically acclaimed for years he's just done a lot offbeat movies. He hasn't been a popular figure overall like he was when Jack Sparrow came out but there really has yet to be a movie Johnny Depp hasn't had critics saying he was amazing in even if the movie itself sucked.

Keira Knightley sticks with Oscar bait for movies. I don't have anything against her at all but she can be sort of polarizing with critics.

willofthewisp
Kate, Johnny was recognized for being amazing at least since Benny and Joon. He hadn't been in too many movies then.

What do you mean by Oscar bait, selina? I wouln't call movies like Domino Oscar bait and most people think King Arthur is just stupid. She's polarizing to critics in POTC because it's sort of her breakout role, but they were pretty much all in agreement that she was fantastic in Pride and Prejudice and they're predicting another Oscar nomination for her for Atonement.

Why are we arguing what critics have to say anyway? I don't usually agree with them anyway.

I'm going to do a rare thing and defend Orlando here. Yeah, the Legolas character sucks and I had no idea what people saw in him. But he's done what he can to break out of the "silent action hero" type. He was in Blackhawk Down, Elizabethtown, Kingdom of Heaven, and Troy-- all of which showed him being someone different from Legolas and Will Turner. But those movies gave him six film's worth of action and stunt experience. That's impressive. Give him some time and enough people credit to see past his pretty face and he will be just as acclaimed as anyone else.

katelovespirate
I'll have to continue to disagree with you about Orlando... lol... i forgot he was in troy... but i felt like his character in that one was the same old same old again. i havent seen blackhawk down so i cant comment there. i just dont think he has THAT VIBE. ya know? i always find myself comparing him to Leonardo DiCaprio--- both started out as boy toy pretty faces, but through careful and clever maneuvering and brilliant career choices, Leonardo DiCaprio has emerged out the other end as a very respectable actor who does consistently good films and gets nominated for every award in sight. critics love him, audiences love him, he's worked hard at his craft and its paying off. i guess i would have to see Orlando do something besides moody-action-hero to judge him on that, but he just doesnt do it for me.

and honestly, i had never heard of Johnny Depp before pirates of the caribbean... not saying he wasn't amazing or talented, just saying, critical acclaim really doesn't add up to much if films don't bank.

it's fun to look at where the actors were before POTC and where they all are now...

SelinaAndBruce

and honestly, i had never heard of Johnny Depp before pirates of the caribbean... not saying he wasn't amazing or talented, just saying, critical acclaim really doesn't add up to much if films don't bank.

That always boggles my mind. How could people have not heard of Johnny Depp before then? I was never much of a movie buff and I just recently became a Depp fan which is what made me go back and watch Pirates which I refused to watch when they first came out. But I was always well aware of his body of work and since I was like 17 I have loved Edward Scissorhands.

And Johnny Depp doesn't care all that much about bankable films he just likes to do really different roles and often ends up in offbeat type films. Critical acclaim IMO does matter more than bankability as far as how seriously I take the actor. Johnny Depp only ended up in Pirates because it was something he really hadn't done before.

SelinaAndBruce
O by Oscar bait I mean movies that are pretty much guaranteed to get nominations. Some actors are known for doing Oscar bait all the time, for example Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts are people who I consider oscar baiters. Not that I don't think they're good but they pretty much only do work that has Oscar written on it. It's not a bad thing but sometimes actors fall into that and lose their versatility.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Deal with it mad laughing

Willabeth is love.

Captain Jack Sparrow is freedom

Naw! I'll stick to me ship! Its Sparrabeth Now and Forever!! Thats were the Love is! smile

SelinaAndBruce
Naw! I'll stick to me ship! Its Sparrabeth Now and Forever!! Thats were the Love is! smile
Love that kills and leaves the man uninterested in a kiss later. cool

PirateDiva
lol...What's the rush? As far as Jack knows both him and Elizabeth are still very much alive and maybe he just knows that there is plenty of time and other chances! smile I mean its not like Jack is condemed to...oh i dont know... ferrying dead souls for 10 years or anything of the sort! And with her attempt at kissing him again (after she had oh so honorably taken her vows to Will) he probably knows it's only a matter of time before they are together! wink

do correct me if I'm wrong darling but i dont remember Elizabeth ever vowing to remain faithful....as a matter a fact i dont remember her vowing anything except saying I do...which is less than what I can say for the poor bloke of the Whelp! Fool! lol

SelinaAndBruce
lol...What's the rush? As far as Jack knows both him and Elizabeth are still very much alive and maybe he just knows that there is plenty of time and other chances! smile I mean its not like Jack is condemed to...oh i dont know... ferrying dead souls for 10 years or anything of the sort! And with her attempt at kissing him again (after she had oh so honorably taken her vows to Will) he probably knows it's only a matter of time before they are together! wink
Jack sailed off and didn't look back. I'm sure he has more interesting adventures to go on that don't include Will's pregnant murdering wife laughing out loud

katelovespirate
Jack has proven he eventually gets what he wants. He always is ten steps ahead of everyone. He's got tricks up his sleeve that Lizzie hasn't had to try and resist yet. "true love never dies, but their story is yet to be told". "never dies"? fountain of youth. "Yet to be told"? True love lasts forever, but that doesn't mean Ilsa didn't show up at Rick's room that night with more on her mind than the letters of transit... wink

PirateDiva
I edited my previous post!

SelinaAndBruce
Jack has proven he eventually gets what he wants. He always is ten steps ahead of everyone. He's got tricks up his sleeve that Lizzie hasn't had to try and resist yet. "true love never dies, but their story is yet to be told". "never dies"? fountain of youth. "Yet to be told"? True love lasts forever, but that doesn't mean Ilsa didn't show up at Rick's room that night with more on her mind than the letters of transit... wink
Jack didn't ever really want Elizabeth like that. He's a horn dog, hence why he got slapped by every other woman in the film. Elizabeth's the only one he didn't get to sleep with laughing out loud And like I said I don't he wants to dabble in Will's leftovers versus sailing the world. And Elizabeth wants to stay faithful to Will till the day she dies.

SelinaAndBruce

do correct me if I'm wrong darling but i dont remember Elizabeth ever vowing to remain faithful....as a matter a fact i dont remember her vowing anything except saying I do...which is less than what I can say for the poor bloke of the Whelp! Fool! lol
They got married and CONSUMATED the marriage I don't know what the point of marrying anyone is if you're not going to be faithful. Don't strain your muscles doing all that reaching regardless Liz aint sleeping with Jack he's off doing his own thing not worried about her, says Disney laughing out loud

katelovespirate
i strongly disagree.

come on, S and B, I keep coming up with these witty comebacks, at least give me some credit. i think the most we can say is "agree to disagree", because the film leaves too many gaping holes to know exactly who was thinking what or what happened during the 10 years Will was gone.

SelinaAndBruce
i strongly disagree.

come on, S and B, I keep coming up with these witty comebacks, at least give me some credit. i think the most we can say is "agree to disagree", because the film leaves too many gaping holes to know exactly who was thinking what or what happened during the 10 years Will was gone.
There are no gaping holes. The story is pretty much laid out plain as day only people and their ships are twisting things to see them as they want best. As someone who doesn't have a couple ship and never did in the movie I followed the storyline.

Your comebacks are funny I enjoy sparring with you guys but many of you are going on suppositions and your own hopes as Sparrabethers. I'm just going by the movie itself before I was exposed to all these fanships and such. I'm not a Willabether at all but I think it's clear they're the story, that's their kid and that Elizabeth and Will's hearts belong to each other. That's what Disney was trying to say. Whether they told the story well enough, well that's another argument.

I love you guys and I do admire your tenacity though. It's probably hard to defend a couple that got so little in a film and to fill in the holes the way yall do

katelovespirate
jack and elizabeth got equal, if not more, screentime together than will and elizabeth did, btw.

SelinaAndBruce
jack and elizabeth got equal, if not more, screentime together than will and elizabeth did, btw.
They didn't get a love story though is what I mean. They got some flirting and a kiss. And in AWE it was very clear Jack had cooled on Elizabeth considerably.

katelovespirate
i can't speak for the other sparrabethers, but i was never looking for a love story. thats exactly what made sparrabeth so appealing to me. i'm completely cynical as far as traditional romances go and was looking for something less obvious, less cliche, less spelled out... something that more closely resembled my experience with life, perhaps.

PirateDiva
Just wait til Mina comes back!! If you think we r defenders of our ship Mina can unleash a wrath!! oooooh! lol

PirateDiva
No hun I'm going by what Disney gave us as well! Like Kate said Jack and Liz developed more on screen than Will and Liz did! Over the duration of COTBP Jack and Elizabeth were together most of the time as they were in Dead Man's Chest! There were hardly any character growth conversations between Will and Liz for me to grow to love them! All the conversations were between Jack and Liz!

The way the trilogy began we were forced to assume that Will and Liz felt for each other but we never saw them develop together! Now we can safely say that by the time Jack and Elizabeth met, Liz already knew about Jack as well....probably even knew about him before she even met Will! But from that point on the relationship we saw grow was that of Jack and Liz's! smile

Then in DMC whether you want to see it or not....Magic happened!

Minie Mina
Ha, I feel like I'm in a Wrestling match and PirateDiva is doing the intro for me.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna consume you, S & B, with my wrath stick out tongue. The name's Mina and yes, I am a Sparrabether enthusiast extraordinaire ! As we are all wink.

I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with what Kate is saying, willo, Diva, and lovethemtigers. (By the way, hello my girls!). Not because they are Sparrabethers, because they have a point.

I really don't find Will and Elizabeth as love. I actually see it more as desperation than love, mm, more like a love for actually keeping eachother safe - protecting eachother. I never have seen sparks for between those two couples. Ever.

I agree that Sparrabeth is FREEDOM. Because that's what it exactly is: Freedom to love, freedom to sail the seas, freedom to do whatever the hell you want without the need of wearing corsets and trying to make impressions on people and definitely without waiting for your husband who screwed you, left you stranded on the beach while he sails the seven seas sitting on his daddy's lap and making her wait 10 damn years like a sick puppy. Beats the hell out of that!

No gaping holes? I have never seen so many plot holes in my life. I mean, not even the swiss cheese that I see in markets have that many holes than what AWE has.

I still say, and me and PirateDiva were talking on the phone about this, that Sparrabeth was never an illusion nor it will be. It was there for a reason. If you read the script, the kiss was something that they were both yearning for ever since they met. Meanwhile, ever since Liz met Will, she always had the feeling of keeping him safe. Never like the sparks that formed when she met Jack. Because they both "are alike."

I have nothing against Orlando. If I see him in person I would probably jump on the man and my girls know what I will do with him wink. But, I absolutely find Will Turner's character annoying (in AWE) as well as their cheessy romance.

PirateDiva
Well hello there Mina!! big grin lol

katelovespirate
Hugs and Kisses Mina!!!! We've missed you and the wrath of Sparrabeth!! wink You always know just the right way to put things.

lovethemtigers
Well...I am a little bit older than you gals...and I had Heard the name Johnny Depp before...but in my mind he was taboo..associated with bad things...when I saw the trailer for POTC I was like "really, Johnny Depp in a Disney Movie"....and never thought more about it..until he was nominated for an oscar and everyone was buzzing about him...so I thought...well, this I got to see...and then OMG...when I did see it...I was like "why didn't I know Johnny was so beautiful?"....Still, to this day, I can't believe that I was so ignorant of Johnny ...to his talent and his beauty.........

texgodiva2s
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So what then is...what would you call that...sparramaria?

I'd like to see it onscreen, selinaandbruce, maybe a flashback of the relationship they had before. They obviously have a history and I would have slapped Jack too if he "borrowed my ship without permission." but Anamaria just kind of puts them down and can't seem to think of anything. She's harsh, but she's cool and I still like her. I think we just saw her on a high-stress-level day. ha ha.
I think Jack and Anamaria would look at each other and take the free sex, but not see anything new and exciting in the other.

I sorta have a different take on Jack and AnaMaria--she's pretty basic unit it's true, but she's nobody's fool--she makes a living in a man's world, she has the eye of the good Captain, okay discrimination in partnering isn't his strong suite--she's not educated but her heart is true blue and she does love Jack--accepts him for what he is, would adore him in her bed becos he wouldn't play games with her, he'd treat her as equal and pride, lord she has that in spades. As far as her sailing ability, she's under the gun--and it's her ship--the boat she got back and she's about to get it kicked out from under her by some really bad dudes and she's driving and trying to get the max outta a ship she's unfamiliar with--she doesn't have Jack's flair for the bizarre (think James Kirk) nor his vast experience. She's fearless--she's fair--she returns the Pearl, which the other pirates thought well enough of her to have her captain the Pearl--she could've said tough toenails and cut Jack out, she loves him.

texgodiva2s
Okay, kings X--Annamaria and Jack-- darlin' piratistas, could we, might we, possibly is it that we can pursue this one here and the other at the other site--I got mightily confused here for a bit and had to check to see if'n I had slipped into the Sparra forum--I love to cuss and discuss, I post where the action is cos y'all be generally speaking pretty good fun in the quick mind department (not withstanding me having to badger PiDiva to buy lottery tickets) and I'll stay for the other shoe to drop, specially to enjoy more of the one who was here, but has been away Miz Mina (based on the orbits idea--you clever minx)--oh, yeah, I'm just lookin for clues at the scene of the crime. no overt Sparrabething now fair's fair, why do I suddenly feel like Pintel in the I'm captain scene--never mind.....I withdraw any suggestion of sharing--all y'alls--I'll just post on pants--no overt ships there I don't believe.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Minie Mina

I really don't find Will and Elizabeth as love.
Well T&T will be sad that you didn't like the story they wrote laughing out loud

SelinaAndBruce
I don't want to fight with Sparrabethers here though I just want to talk about Jack and Anamaria. I left yall be in the Sparrabethers thread, lol

PirateDiva
what is there to talk about? Jack and Anamaria are just as boring as Whelpabeth! sleep

SelinaAndBruce
what is there to talk about? Jack and Anamaria are just as boring as Whelpabeth! sleep
Whatever, they didn't even have many scenes together it was just something I thought would have been interesting. If they do do a Captain Jack solo movie I wouldn't mind her as his love interest as all. She was one of the few female characters that didn't grate in the movie.

IheartPocky
Anamaria seems like a very mean and dominating wife. I just picture Jack in a corner like Elizabeth was on the black pearl after she was scared to death by the skeletons.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Anamaria seems like a very mean and dominating wife. I just picture Jack in a corner like Elizabeth was on the black pearl after she was scared to death by the skeletons.
They could always give her a soft side. I mean Jack doesn't seem like he'd make much of a husband either. I just liked their interaction and I really liked that scene where she turned the Pearl over to him

PirateDiva
Originally posted by IheartPocky

Lmao laughing

katelovespirate
if they wrote a good film, and gave anamaria a really interesting back story, and allowed both of their characters to develop into it, I'm absolutely in. They are both gorgeous together, for one thing. Plus, Anamaria has lived in a harsh world and so she would know how to handle Jack. Just because she got edged out of film 2 doesn't mean she wouldn't have made a great addition. i missed her.

i'm guessing she has an interesting history. she's very regal, which always made me think she had been raised wealthy or important, and then ran away to be a pirate.

after seeing film two, i wondered whether she was one of the slaves Jack set free--- doesn't she look like she could be related to the mourning women in the swamp?

either way, I'm guessing Jack totally screwed her over at some point without thinking, and it really jaded her. So she got tough and became a famous pirate, and then decided to forgive Jack. There's definitely potential for a romance there. i didn't see any real spark in the film, but not saying it couldn't be brought up later.

texgodiva2s
Lordy, y'all, don't care for brown sugar? my oh my. Ana Maria, she's had to hold the cards life gave her so close to her chest, cos she doesn't have much to gamble with. She's a very unique little spirit--so tender hearted so wanting to believe in the world and given every example of cruelty and selfishness. She's live and let live--don't hold many grudges--will flat bust your chops if you deal her harsh--hell hath no fury....but 'cakes, if'n I would be walkin' on a scary street, I'd want her by my side and on my side--she's special this little one--holds a special place in Jack's rotation...think he feels like bedding her and protecting her. Gives as good as she gets, wouldn't cry if she gets in a bind--would die rather than betray or give over. Lotta pride on that woman--and rightly so--she's on account, she knows take what you can give nothing back, except she does for love of Jack and respect for the Pearl. Quite the puzzle, this little miss--no lady, but a helluva woman.

SelinaAndBruce
I have heard she is in some of the Pirates related comics. Has anyone seen them? I'm a newer fan to the Pirateverse so I'm not sure

willofthewisp
There are comics? Where? Must know!

SelinaAndBruce
There are comics? Where? Must know!
I'm not sure this is what someone else said. I don't know if they are fanmade or what but they told me some other story about Anamaria and Jack...I can't remember the details let me go back and look it up

SelinaAndBruce
Here is a pic from the Comic strip they say was put out by Disney:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/b/b7/TheAccidentalPirate.jpg

katelovespirate
haha... the comic version of Dead Man's Chest was really sparrabeth-oriented. Don't you guys remember that?

But I don't recall comics from COTBP...

Do you think they'd bring Anamaria back for a potential film 4? I'd be in support of that.

SelinaAndBruce
OMG they have some weird Sparramaria videos on youtube. This one is partially Sparramaria but kind of funny, lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJgKn-VOL8s

I admire anyone who can make anything out of the little bit of time they had, lol

SelinaAndBruce
Wow looking at youtube there were other Captain Jack fans who really wanted Jack and Anamaria and were disappointed she was not in the second or third film at all. That's interesting. I guess I officially have a sort of ship for Jack then, lol

T.Maria
i suppose a good backstory for annamaria would be that perhaps she was Tia Dalma's child or something???

if they did a POTC 4 and she was in it, then that would give her more background because we could delve into her past (and perhaps jacks past in the fact that we know that he and tia dalma knew eachother previously before the films).

Oooh.......fic idea!!!
Where are savvy, willo and kate when you need them?! big grin hehe!

SelinaAndBruce
LOL I wish I had time maybe I would do a fic for them. I do make videos and used to write soap fan fic before my college life got busy. I was a pretty good videomaker one of the more popular ones for the General Hospital soap. But time has become so limited. I think when I get the Pirates DVDs for Christmas I may do one or two if time permits.

katelovespirate
speaking of college life, hallelujah i just finished my last term paper!!!! hooray! smile done for this semester!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by T.Maria
i suppose a good backstory for annamaria would be that perhaps she was Tia Dalma's child or something???

if they did a POTC 4 and she was in it, then that would give her more background because we could delve into her past (and perhaps jacks past in the fact that we know that he and tia dalma knew eachother previously before the films).

Oooh.......fic idea!!!
Where are savvy, willo and kate when you need them?! big grin hehe!

Tia's child? That would be one twisted Oedipal mess considering Jack has slept with both of them... lol. wink

I fully support a fanfic. I remember in one, We put Will with Anamaria and it worked out well. Do you have any ideas for a fic with Sparramaria? (i like that term).

SelinaAndBruce
speaking of college life, hallelujah i just finished my last term paper!!!! hooray! smile done for this semester!
Groovy!!! I just finished my last exam. It was on line. Now I just have to tie up my internship and turn in my portfolio

katelovespirate
ahhh endless odds and ends to tie up, aren't there?! good luck!

i feel bad. this last paper i wrote was terrible. lol.

SelinaAndBruce
It's the end of the semester. You're allowed. I only got an 83 on my on line exam. I was upset

katelovespirate
well, my brain is fried. it just happens. i need to maintain gpa for scholarship, so i will probably panic about this later. but whatever.

i was thinking about adorning my papers with Pirates stickers, but I figured not all of my professors would appreciate that.

SelinaAndBruce
LOL! Yeah my GPA will suffer this semester. I have 2 classes left till graduation. Senioritis is a *****. I used to have 3.8 now I have a 3.3. Sheesh! lol

T.Maria
i cant wait to be a university student smile

id be in my second year now if it hadnt been for me deciding that i wanted to work....

ah well, ill just be one of those 'mature' students when i start in september big grin

willofthewisp
"speaking of college life, hallelujah i just finished my last term paper!!!! hooray! done for this semester!"-----Kate

How many semesters do you have left? One? I hope so. PM me and tell me all about your future plans. Or just post it here and don't mind if we all try to hit you up for money.

SelinaAndBruce
Lol yes hit her up I think I am destined to be poor.

katelovespirate
"speaking of college life, hallelujah i just finished my last term paper!!!! hooray! done for this semester!"-----Kate

How many semesters do you have left? One? I hope so. PM me and tell me all about your future plans. Or just post it here and don't mind if we all try to hit you up for money.

nope, i'm destined to be poor as well. lol. money and things scare me.

i have two semesters left before i get my bachelors, but i've only been at school one semester, so that's not too bad. i'm packing it in. I took a year and a half to live abroad working for some NGOs before i started my degree. i am planning to go to grad school in beirut and get a degree in international law with a focus in human rights. but once i get this degree i will probably head out to the horizon. a non-profit some friends and i have started is looking to get grants so we can work on a clinic in nigeria, etc. i can't stay in one place very long. i am going to cambodia in january, though, so hooray. smile

sorry, that felt oddly personal for a forum. my plans change constantly so don't hold me to it. lol.

RememberS&S
I really didn't like the suggestion of Anamaria and Jack having previous relations, it makes him sound like a whore. I know he's a pirate and that he obviously had experience before, but to put him with all these girls and wenches ( in a Disney film ) then make him develop and give him an opportunity to love, and all of a sudden stick him back with his whores and without his Pearle, all alone. Wow, it's really sad.

T&T made this amazing person as Captain Jack Sparrow, then they just ruin him by sleezin him up and not even giving him a chance.

The only girl I could see him with is Lizzie because they have a lot in common but still have enough differences to make their relationship interesting ( I think some on already said that, sorry! ). Anamaria seems like just a crewmate with whom he may flirt with here and there but never really marry her.

Remember, he preposed to Lizzie not Anamaria, what does that tell you. He was so infatuated with her that he would even marry her just to get her to open up and see the possibility of them as a real couple.

katelovespirate
i'm going to do something uncharacteristic and argue with you S&S, even though as a sparrabether i appreciate everything you said.

I think part of the legend/mystery Jack Sparrow is the fact that he's been with a lot of women... and that's what makes his attraction to Elizabeth that much more unique and fun. i dont think he's a whore at all... i think he's a free spirited bohemian with liberal views on love, and he's out to enjoy life as much as he can. i think we all recognize that Jack uses sex as a weapon (exactly like Elizabeth does) and probably feels like it's just a trick of the trade--- another card to play when the situation calls for it. in the circles he ran in in the caribbean, akin to rock stars and hippies and the sixties noncomformists, part of the lure of freedom for Jack was being able to have things with no strings attached. that doesn't mean Jack wasn't capable of having deep feelings for someone, or eventually committing to someone. it just means he hadn't found anyone that he felt he could give all that up for yet. or he hadn't reached that point in his life.

Also, I would potentially argue that Jack was proposing sex and not a committed marriage to Elizabeth. As much as he was infatuated/obsessed with/intrigued by her, i'd have to see some more development before I would believe Jack would commit to monogamy.

RememberS&S
That's all true, I just dispise the fact that they made Jack and Lizzie learn absolutly nothing, they both were forced back into their previous lives. Lizzie would suffer more because she has a son and no husband to help her, and she's living the life she wanted to escape from in the first place, while Jack is in his own element which would be alittle better for him. If they were together then that would be a life they would both like.

katelovespirate
yeah i hated the ending too. boo disney.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by RememberS&S
That's all true, I just dispise the fact that they made Jack and Lizzie learn absolutly nothing, they both were forced back into their previous lives. Lizzie would suffer more because she has a son and no husband to help her, and she's living the life she wanted to escape from in the first place, while Jack is in his own element which would be alittle better for him. If they were together then that would be a life they would both like.
I don't think Jack would want to be with Elizabeth at all. I don't want him to really ever have a serious girlfriend I don't think. It to me would alter who he is in a way that would make him a lot less entertaining. With Will and Elizabeth IMO being with each other didn't alter who they were much at all they just worked together. Jack would have to change far too much to be with Elizabeth. And I never would have bought into it after the ending of DMC anyway. I'm quite happy with the Disney ending. Will got his girl, Jack got his freedom and Elizabeth...well...who cares what happened to her.

katelovespirate
I dont think Jack would have had to change at all to be with elizabeth... i think it would have been the other way around. as it happens, elizabeth DID change quite a bit and was more suited to jack by the end of the films anyways. and since most of us on this forum DO in fact care what happened to Elizabeth, the ending was a total disaster.

SelinaAndBruce
I dont think Jack would have had to change at all to be with elizabeth... i think it would have been the other way around. as it happens, elizabeth DID change quite a bit and was more suited to jack by the end of the films anyways. and since most of us on this forum DO in fact care what happened to Elizabeth, the ending was a total disaster.
I think Elizabeth was the least suited for Jack by the end. And Jack having to give up his free spirit ways to tie himself down to a woman who murdered him? Yeah...that's a change.

SelinaAndBruce
I really didn't like the suggestion of Anamaria and Jack having previous relations, it makes him sound like a whore.
Remember, he preposed to Lizzie not Anamaria, what does that tell you. He was so infatuated with her that he would even marry her just to get her to open up and see the possibility of them as a real couple.
Let me get this straight...it's bad for Jack a single man to have sex with single Anamaria, makes him seem like a whore, but it's romantic for him to JOKINGLY propose marriage to and kiss the fiancee of the son of the only mad who stood up for him?!?

Okay....

RememberS&S
HAHAHAHAHA, you think he only slept with Anamaria?!

Ooooh my, you crack me up.

Well he is a sleez, as are most pirates, and there were many others. He did jokingly ask Lizzie to marry him, but I think there was more to that than a joke, I can't quite put it in words. It's a Sparrabeth thing, you wouldn't understand.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, honestly not to be rude or anything, I don't really like to talk about Jack with someone who thinks he's fine as a rum-guzzling, sleezy comic character who's only goal in life is to run from everything.

RememberS&S
And also, do you think Jack would give a damn about Will? Seriously, he DID flirt with Lizzie, he DID kiss her and he DID propose, whether jokingly or not.

They're friendship isn't that strong, you've got to be delusional if you think that would stop him from getting what he wants.

SelinaAndBruce
HAHAHAHAHA, you think he only slept with Anamaria?!

Ooooh my, you crack me up.

Well he is a sleez, as are most pirates, and there were many others. He did jokingly ask Lizzie to marry him, but I think there was more to that than a joke, I can't quite put it in words. It's a Sparrabeth thing, you wouldn't understand.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, honestly not to be rude or anything, I don't really like to talk about Jack with someone who thinks he's fine as a rum-guzzling, sleezy comic character who's only goal in life is to run from everything.
That's kind of messed up to me you can't discuss something with a person who is a fan of Jack Sparrow just as he is. And It's a Sparrabeth thing, I wouldn't understand? It just sounds like the hopes of a bunch of people who wanted a different story than Disney was writing.

And no I don't think Jack only slept with Anamaria I'm quite sure Jack got around he got slapped quite a bit too much in the film for him NOT to have gotten around.

And I know he didn't have any strong loyalties to Will he's a pirate his loyalties change based on what is best for his direct interests but I still laugh at the idea that him sleeping with Anamaria is slutty but him kissing Elizabeth wasn't. Sparrabeth as a whole was slutty on Jack's part especially and Elizabeth's little coy flirting to get her way and kissing Jack to kill him wasn't exactly honorable behavior either.

All in all I'm fine with Jack Sparrow as he is. I am a fan of the character that Disney created and T&T wrote. I don't have an false illusions about some romantic figure buried underneath the pirate at all. I like him just as he is.

RememberS&S
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
That's kind of messed up to me you can't discuss something with a person who is a fan of Jack Sparrow just as he is. And It's a Sparrabeth thing, I wouldn't understand? It just sounds like the hopes of a bunch of people who wanted a different story than Disney was writing.

And no I don't think Jack only slept with Anamaria I'm quite sure Jack got around he got slapped quite a bit too much in the film for him NOT to have gotten around.

And I know he didn't have any strong loyalties to Will he's a pirate his loyalties change based on what is best for his direct interests but I still laugh at the idea that him sleeping with Anamaria is slutty but him kissing Elizabeth wasn't. Sparrabeth as a whole was slutty on Jack's part especially and Elizabeth's little coy flirting to get her way and kissing Jack to kill him wasn't exactly honorable behavior either.

All in all I'm fine with Jack Sparrow as he is. I am a fan of the character that Disney created and T&T wrote. I don't have an false illusions about some romantic figure buried underneath the pirate at all. I like him just as he is.

I meant it's a Sparrabeth thing as in, people who are against a shipping usually tend to overlook/ignore/just plain don't see the things the people that are the shippers do. I see things in Lizzie and Jack's relationship that you don't is what I'm saying

RememberS&S
Also, are you saying one kiss between Lizzie and Jack is equal to sex with Anamaria, wow there must be alot of chemistry between Sparrabeth then, or maybe a serious lack with Sparramaria?

EDITED:

PS, does this mean that their flirting or...slutty-ness...is pretty much more provocative than actual sex? That kind of boggles me...how is it possible that Jack is more of a whore when he is flirting with Lizzie than sleeping with whores...

SelinaAndBruce
I meant it's a Sparrabeth thing as in, people who are against a shipping usually tend to overlook/ignore/just plain don't see the things the people that are the shippers do. I see things in Lizzie and Jack's relationship that you don't is what I'm saying
I get that, believe me.

SelinaAndBruce
Also, are you saying one kiss between Lizzie and Jack is equal to sex with Anamaria, wow there must be alot of chemistry between Sparrabeth then, or maybe a serious lack with Sparramaria?

EDITED:

PS, does this mean that their flirting or...slutty-ness...is pretty much more provocative than actual sex? That kind of boggles me...how is it possible that Jack is more of a whore when he is flirting with Lizzie than sleeping with whores...
I didn't say he was more of a whore. I'm fine with Jack being a whore. It's who he is. My point is I think it's ridiculous to sit there and complain about him sleeping with a single woman when some people here ooh and ahh and gush about him trying to kiss a engaged woman. The wenches things doesn't bother me again, he's a pirate, a seedy creature period. He's not a good guy he killed Barbossa too just out of revenge. I mean sleeping with whores is one of the lesser of Jack's evils.

I don't think there was a lot of chemistry between Sparrabeth. laughing

katelovespirate
why do all discussions always wind back to THAT particular argument? can we have a discussion about Jack being a whore without it involving ship bashing or ship promotion?

katelovespirate
oh and ps, to add to my previous post, kissing/flirtation/sexual tension between two characters who aren't going to get together isn't slutty, or whatever. it's called a plot device. we'd have to start picking on Will for his response to Tia, or pick on Barbossa, Sao, etc, for their sexual jokes and innuendo with elizabeth, or pick on Gibbs for taking Jack's leftovers, etc, if we were going to start picking on IMMORAL PIRATES for their behavior around pretty girls. hahaha.

let's all just be mature here and stop trying to make this a moral argument. they are all pirates and pretty much have no morals, as we can see with all of them. i dont think we can judge elizabeth for flirting with jack anymore than we could judge anamaria for sleeping with jack or pintel and ragetti for spying on elizabeth through the cracks. sluts all around, but we love them anyways.

on another note, where do you think Anamaria got the ship Jack stole from her to begin with? She was angry enough to make me think she earned it fairly.

IheartPocky
Ted and Terry said that the movie was about the romantisiscm of pirates.

Or something like that. big grin

Or maybe they said Romantism. I don't remember!

SelinaAndBruce

let's all just be mature here and stop trying to make this a moral argument. they are all pirates and pretty much have no morals, as we can see with all of them. i dont think we can judge elizabeth for flirting with jack anymore than we could judge anamaria for sleeping with jack or pintel and ragetti for spying on elizabeth through the cracks. sluts all around, but we love them anyways.

I agree with this 100% but that was my point I didn't get condemning Anamaria and Jack while fantasizing about Elizabeth and Jack. To me that made no sense because all of it IMO could be considered wrong and slutty. But I mean I really don't care I love Captain Jack period, immorality and all. That's who he is. cool cool

potcfan2003
if he had moral he wouldn't be a pirate...

SelinaAndBruce
Exactly. Jack has no scrupuls.

potcfan2003
wat's scrupals?

texgodiva2s
Scruples--moral compass, raised to know right from wrong--is it okay to steal from the church poorbox--No

is it okay to date your best friend's boyfriend, No!!

Slutty-ness isn't flirting--Sluttyness is vile and demeaning to the person generating it and anyone affected by it. (think that loud and uninteresting woman New York?)

Flirting is fun, may be an attempt to "hook up" , may just be for a fun thang, a little ego boost, usually harmless intent.

Whore is someone who sleeps with men or women for money, drugs.

SelinaAndBruce
In any event, I'd still be interested in if they do another movie even if she is a recast if the Anamaria character will be back

katelovespirate
hahaha Tex, your definitions were great. i tend to use words like "whore" and "****" out of context a lot, what is that from, Mean Girls?

depending on your background of course, small things like staying out too late with a guy or wearing a low-cut shirt can qualify you as a whore, to some people. lol.

Ditte3
I like Annamaria,but the two had absolute no chemistry between them.

katelovespirate
to me, they looked like they had some long-standing rivalry, but not any fireworks. Anamaria looked so angry with him that it makes you think she was in love with him at one point, and got shafted.

texgodiva2s
hahaha Tex, your definitions were great. i tend to use words like "whore" and "****" out of context a lot, what is that from, Mean Girls?

depending on your background of course, lol.

Miz Kateloves, sorry having a grumpus moment when I writ that. I am no a prude, or Puritanical in beliefs, just life's too short. Them used to be fighting words. As we name ourselves, so we grow.

I get 'old school' infrequently, please accept apologies. You so hit the nail on the head--depending on your background!

SelinaAndBruce
to me, they looked like they had some long-standing rivalry, but not any fireworks. Anamaria looked so angry with him that it makes you think she was in love with him at one point, and got shafted.
I thought they did have chemistry it was a interesting dynamic because I think by the end she had softened towards him again. But in the beginning she was rightfully angry. I love when she jumps at him and he jumps back laughing

texgodiva2s
By the by, know full well I'm going to kick my own booty for putting my 2 cents worth in--it just seems like a good idea at this time.

Jack=pirate
AnnaMarie=pirate, now fisherperson
Elisabeth=high born lady, now pirate
Will=blood, pirate, blacksmith, now pirate

Jack + Will=loyalty for whatever DadWilliam Bootstrap Bill, did for a much younger Jack. They had history prior to and begin of Jack's captainacy of the Pearl. Bootstrap did something to stand by Jack, maybe he feels debt owed.

Jack + Annamarie=sailed together prior to Jack losing the Pearl--and yeah, if they didn't they certainly should've--goes without saying she probably had more than a passing fancy for Jack and maybe Gibbs. She's too young to have been around much more than that. I get the feeling she's younger barely than Elisabeth, got a lot more miles.
Jack stole her boat--he didn't distract her with clever card tricks.

Sweet mary michael--Miz Kateloves got it--rock and roll never dies, (yes, old hippie&proud, well, another story) availability and inclination of pirate partners. Jack's the trickster--he does love and care for others, and he is that larger than life 'coyote'.

I think, for my part in the telling, men gotta get there first...women, we don't care until we are the last and only--any man of that time, that occupation, would have had partners--Jack's saving grace in all this is his ability to romance the pants, not plunder the panties.

And whatever ship, well, darlin's, we all know that if'n we'd a been there and he showed up to ask us to 'dance', well, we'd be making the effort to kick up our heels. Love to say I'm not a victum of flesh, however affordable decadence has always been a good thang.

I strongly believe there was a very interesting relationship between the two and that he did a few ladies of Tortuga--he's a man, such is life then and mostly now. Again, sorry, seemed okay at the time.

bychance
I was sad to see Anamaria not in the second Pirates film. I also liked Tia Dalma, but once again...nothing came out of it.

Now it looks like Penelope Cruz is the new love interest for POTC4. I wish it was Zoe Saldana, but you can't always get what you want lol.

I do believe Will was written that way, but Orlando has essentially played very similar roles since he started acting. Legolas? Balian? That weird Elizabethtown movie may be his only non-moody-action-film role. Not that I have anything against him at all... but usually i sort of ride him off as a pretty face with a great voice.

You're kidding right? confused Edward Scissorhands, Benny and Joon, Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Sleepy Hollow, Blow. He has been a critically acclaimed actor for 20 years now.

I'll have to continue to disagree with you about Orlando... lol... i forgot he was in troy... but i felt like his character in that one was the same old same old again. i havent seen blackhawk down so i cant comment there. i just dont think he has THAT VIBE. ya know? i always find myself comparing him to Leonardo DiCaprio--- both started out as boy toy pretty faces, but through careful and clever maneuvering and brilliant career choices, Leonardo DiCaprio has emerged out the other end as a very respectable actor who does consistently good films and gets nominated for every award in sight. critics love him, audiences love him, he's worked hard at his craft and its paying off. i guess i would have to see Orlando do something besides moody-action-hero to judge him on that, but he just doesnt do it for me.

it's fun to look at where the actors were before POTC and where they all are now...

Critical acclaim does not = box office. You're lucky to get both, but most often critically acclaimed actors don't make big movie money.

bychance
Originally posted by bychance
You're kidding right? confused Edward Scissorhands, Benny and Joon, Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Sleepy Hollow, Blow. He has been a critically acclaimed actor for 20 years now.

Unfortunately I cannot edit, but I forgot to mention Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.