Lightsaber Forms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

123KID
do the same forms/styles apply to those who use non-traditional weapons ? like can someone who uses a lightwhip or double-bladed lightsaber still use all 7 forms of combat ?

Violent2Dope
Kinda, some of those forms were based off of various real-world sword techniques, like Makashi is partially based off a form of fencing I think.

Pwned61
For sure, the seven traditional forms would not go well with a lightwhip, it's a complete re-work of the weapon the styles were designed after.

As for dual-blades and staff, I imagine that some styles would work while others wouldn't. Form 7 has been attributed to users of dual and staff sabers, but I don't know how well say form 3 would perform with a staff. Keep in mind however that much of the style specifics is an unknown, so technical questions like yours can only be answered with some estimates and guesswork.

Man of Christ
I would say none of them work beacuse the physics would be off. those forms were designed for lightsabers, not lightwhips because the inventors of these forms had blades not whips. there may be lightwhip forms.

Captain REX
As far as I know, it is generally accepted that most lightsaber forms work with single lightsabers and double-edged lightsabers (such as Maul's). However, dual lightsaber combat falls under the jurisdiction of Jar'Kai, and lightwhips haven't really been factored into the equation in regards to forms. I assume it's got its own set of rules there, as Man of Christ suggests. At least one, anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.