Shatterstar vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Jumpy<----Spidersense

Shatter can prob. cut through the webbing. This fight may come down to a good old fashioned brawl. Does Shatterstar play nice(never does)or does he pop off Spider's head like he was opening a beer?

jinzin
Spiderman walks all over Shatterstar's face and makes him look uglier than when he gets drawn by Liefeld.

guy222
parker

Wonder Man
I'll admit there is a slight similarity between Liefield's looks and his characters. You have to admit even if Spidey wins he'll walk away a eunuch. laughing
One thing i like about Shatterstar is that his personality is like one of those guys that just makes it as a hero. He's always questioning why can't we just do those "kind of things."
Plus he's got guts.

endrict
Umm...really I would think Shatterstar would win.

JediSamuraiMRB
Peter

Aries_04
Shatterstar

BUSTER1
Spiderman definitely

Aries_04
Spiderman is definitely more popular....but he shouldn't win

norrinradd43
Shatterstar could win this...probably not for a majority though I would give spidey 7/10

psycho gundam
spidey will try to disarm him at all times which if successful will mean a win for spider-man.

Kid Kurdy
When was the last time Spider-Man lost from a swordsman ?

Battlehammer
actaully spiderman track record vs swordsmen are awful. I mean we ahve silver samuria who has wtf pwned spiderman, Then we have taskmaster who also gave spiderman all hell with simply a sword, then blade gave him hell with swords, I mean verses swords spiderman track record aint so good.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully spiderman track record vs swordsmen are awful. I mean we ahve silver samuria who has wtf pwned spiderman, Then we have taskmaster who also gave spiderman all hell with simply a sword, then blade gave him hell with swords, I mean verses swords spiderman track record aint so good.
Wow.

Silver Samurai is a pretty tough cookie, though I admit SM wasn't doing that great against him (he still beat him). This being said, it's a 25 year old fight, we all know SM has become much better.

And Taskmaster is not exactly "just a swordsman", he gives everybody trouble, but Spider-Man has humiliated him also.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Wow.

Silver Samurai is a pretty tough cookie, though I admit SM wasn't doing that great against him (he still beat him). This being said, it's a 25 year old fight, we all know SM has become much better.

And Taskmaster is not exactly "just a swordsman", he gives everybody trouble, but Spider-Man has humiliated him also.

actaully spiderman has been defeated by silver samuria pritty badly before. and he was not even using the blade.

actaully sm was down graded so that fight quite relevant.

really I don't recall him ever onces humiliating taskmaster. Also you said swordsmen and taskmaster is a swordsmen and was using a sword when he was beating on spiderman.

Mindset
People say Spiderman beats people he shouldn't, but really he jobs a lot.

Battlehammer
pleases he hardly gets that on the forum compare to others. He also jobs no more then most. Also losing to neither of them really is jobing at all

Mindset
pleases he hardly gets that on the forum compare to others. He also jobs no more then most. Also losing to neither of them really is jobing at all

Losing to Taskmaster is jobbing, Deadpool beat him with his hands tied behind his back.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
Losing to Taskmaster is jobbing, Deadpool beat him with his hands tied behind his back.

No it not.

It taskmaster jobbing when he lost to DP in that fashion.......which is quite obvious.

Mindset
No it not.

It taskmaster jobbing when he lost to DP in that fashion.......which is quite obvious.

Except Deadpool beat Taskmaster w/o trouble before. Taskmaster even admits Deadpool is better than him.

Battlehammer
really when?

Not to mention it goes against countless other showings. TM jobs like no other. But has avstly more showings of him showing top tier level skill.

Mindset
really when?

Not to mention it goes against countless other showings. TM jobs like no other. But has avstly more showings of him showing top tier level skill.

It happened in Deadpool's comic.

Battlehammer
................I ment the issue and title

Mindset
I don't know, I read it like a year ago. I think the scans are in the respect thread here or herochat.

Battlehammer
So you really don't have any evidences for what you stated?

Mindset

Battlehammer
Did you not read what I said?

Once Deadpool realizes Taskmaster has studied his moves he beats him. It's actually less of a fight than I remember, but anyway, TM accepts he can't beat him and gives him back Weasel, if I remember correctly.

I read what you said.

Actaully taskmaster not beat at all and is quite fine. Actaully taskmaster is ebating the shit out of DP the entire fight.

TM would have beaten DP if not for DP healing factor. So I am not sure how this helps your arguement that spiderman having trouble with taskmaster is spiderman jobbing.

Mindset
I read what you said.

Actaully taskmaster not beat at all and is quite fine. Actaully taskmaster is ebating the shit out of DP the entire fight.

TM would have beaten DP if not for DP healing factor. So I am not sure how this helps your arguement that spiderman having trouble with taskmaster is spiderman jobbing.
Actually, TM only did as good as he did because he was watching Deadpool's fight with his ninjas and learned all DP's movements. When DP realized this he changed the way he fought, then TM admits he can not beat DP and let's him and Weasel go.

Spiderman is stronger, faster, smarter, has spider sense, and webbing. He is above DP, so.

Battlehammer
Actually, TM only did as good as he did because he was watching Deadpool's fight with his ninjas and learned all DP's movements. When DP realized this he changed the way he fought, then TM admits he can not beat DP and let's him and Weasel go.

Spiderman is stronger, faster, smarter, has spider sense, and webbing. He is above DP, so.

Yes and? He had watch spidermans movements prior to his fight with him. Yes but DP is a trained fighter spiderman is not and can not change and alter the way in which he fights like wade can.

Stronger true, but he also does not have a healing factor. Faster is quite debatable, smarter? Means squat in a fight scenerio and in terms of fightin intellect wade is above spiderman.

When TM was taking on Spiderman it was far from spiderman jobbing nor has anything your have present help your arguement.

Spiderman was inexperienced, TM had seen him fight, Spiderman is not a trained fighter nor can he really at the time counter act TM abilities, also spiderman if not mistaken did not even realizes TM could mimic others. Given the scenerio it was well within TM abilites to defeat spiderman. True spiderman would and could take TM the majority. But TM defeating spiderman is not out of question and given the time in which he did it, it was even far more pluasable then it currently is. To say spiderman was jobbing simply becuases he was defeated and to assume it was not within his character structure to loses to TM is simply being ignorant of the time and sistutation and the characters them selfs.

jinzin
Look, the only reason TM got his ass kicked by Deadpool their second fight was because Deadpool started using a lot of unconventional movement for fighting, it's true that Deadpool did win, but just because he capitalized on a chink in TM's armor doesn't make TM less formidable when he's at his top game.

And, as Capt mentioned their most recent fight had TM landing kill shots on DP, the only thing that DP had going for him was his healing factor.

Like Moon Knight said, "it's all about what you can take".

Spiderman though, he's a reactive fighter, his SS is eccentially what makes him predictable and easy for experienced fighters to read and lead. TM giving Spiderman a hard time is far from outside his capability to do.
One of the reasons

Phantom Zone

Yeah and Taskmaster was giving Captain America and Iron Man trouble hes also given Daredevil trouble. Hes also owned Deadpool before. So basically that proves nothing.

viper88
Did anyone read ASM 308 were mary jane was kidnapped and peter went out to find her, he came across taskmaster and had a short tussle, TM tried to use a sword but spiderman broke it and TM decided to run away.

if someone could then plz post the scans since i don't have a scanner.

As for if he would win against shaterstar, i don't know since i don't know anything about him.

Soljer
What the hell does Taskmaster and Deadpool have to do with Shatterstar vs. Spiderman?

jinzin
Capt tried to argue that Spidey doesn't do too well against swordsmen using TM as an example and someone else said TM shouldn't be anything to Spiderman since he lost to Deadpool so easily.

Meh, Shatterstar is still loosing here IMO... His skills are at best on deadpool's level.. at VERY best.

He's had his ass handed to him too many times to be anywhere close to top tier and he has no SSS, radar sense, chi manip, or HF to make up for the Spider powers he also doesn't have.

He might be able to give Spiderman a bit of trouble, but ultimately Spidey would make him look like a foolish kid.

Mindset
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah and Taskmaster was giving Captain America and Iron Man trouble hes also given Daredevil trouble. Hes also owned Deadpool before. So basically that proves nothing.

I don't remember the Cap/IM, but Spiderman can beat DD and Deadpool so...

Also Deadpool has beaten TM twice.

King_Mungi
Taskmaster also easily owned the Cat in hand to hand

jinzin
I don't remember the Cap/IM, but Spiderman can beat DD and Deadpool so...

Also Deadpool has beaten TM twice.

What the f**k? are you just ignoring my posts now...

DP beat Taskmaster due to a COMPLETELY different set of circumstances then would apply with Spiderman.

Mindset
Originally posted by jinzin
What the f**k? are you just ignoring my posts now...

DP beat Taskmaster due to a COMPLETELY different set of circumstances then would apply with Spiderman.

What does that have to do with him saying TM owned DP?

redhotrash
Deadpool took TM once by essentially acting like a goofball, and beat him another time while shackled. TM admitted that Deadpool was way better, but added that DP doesnt know how to act like a professional.
Taskmaster is one of those weird characters who writers seem to have a love/hate relationship with. Hes like the streetlevel version of Absorbing Man, where you never know what version your going to get.
Getting back on topic, Shatterstar is cool as hell and all, but Spidey takes him. He can use his range and strength to a unfair advantage. SS has been punked by Wolverine enough times that hes lost a bit of the credibility he gained when he blinded Juggernaut (lol)

jinzin
Um nothing, since it wasn't a reaction to him saying Tm owned Dp, but to you for stating the otherway around and thinking that somehow has anything to do with how TM compares to Spidey.

jinzin
Originally posted by redhotrash
Deadpool took TM once by essentially acting like a goofball, and beat him another time while shackled. TM admitted that Deadpool was way better, but added that DP doesnt know how to act like a professional.
Taskmaster is one of those weird characters who writers seem to have a love/hate relationship with. Hes like the streetlevel version of Absorbing Man, where you never know what version your going to get.
Getting back on topic, Shatterstar is cool as hell and all, but Spidey takes him. He can use his range and strength to a unfair advantage. SS has been punked by Wolverine enough times that hes lost a bit of the credibility he gained when he blinded Juggernaut (lol) True on all counts. I approve of this post.

Mindset
Um nothing, since it wasn't a reaction to him saying Tm owned Dp, but to you for stating the otherway around and thinking that somehow has anything to do with how TM compares to Spidey.

He tried to use TM giving DD and DP a fight as proof TM can take Spiderman, but TM never beat either one, which is way I was saying Spiderman is above them so that is not proof.

And someone mentioned ASM 308, Spiderman easily breaks TM sword and kicks him through a wall, then TM runs away.

jinzin
He tried to use TM giving DD and DP a fight as proof TM can take Spiderman, but TM never beat either one, which is way I was saying Spiderman is above them so that is not proof.

And someone mentioned ASM 308, Spiderman easily breaks TM sword and kicks him through a wall, then TM runs away.

Uh, no...

he used TM beating Spidey as evidence that TM can beat Spidey.

YOU are the one who brought up Deadpool in an attempt to discredit TM having defeated him.
He only brought up Daredevil as a measure for TM's high ranking skill.

TM "lost" to Daredevil because of a plot device.
TM lost to Deadpool because of DP's unconventional and unpredictable movements, and in the next fight his healing factor.

One assumes there wouldn't be traffic in a fight to measure TM and Spidey so nill on the plot device.
Spiderman's movements are REACTIVE because of his spidersense and he's not crazy so unpredictable movements are not going to be his strongsuit.
And, Spiderman doesn't have a healing factor that allows him to pound away on TM's face with a sword embedded in his chest like DP does, so their last fight is inadmissible.

Fact is, Spiderman has always had trouble with gifted fighters. So again, TM a guy who has gotten the better of DP on sheer skill, who has given all hell to Cap, and Iron Man, AND BOTH, and beaten on an entire roster of avengers at once, as well as three giants with one shield toss, is not outside his scope of ability in taking a fight to Spiderman.

So what if Spidey made him run away, that's what he does half the time, he's a business man not a warrior.

Mindset
Uh, no...

he used TM beating Spidey as evidence that TM can beat Spidey.

YOU are the one who brought up Deadpool in an attempt to discredit TM having defeated him.
He only brought up Daredevil as a measure for TM's high ranking skill.

TM "lost" to Daredevil because of a plot device.
TM lost to Deadpool because of DP's unconventional and unpredictable movements, and in the next fight his healing factor.

One assumes there wouldn't be traffic in a fight to measure TM and Spidey so nill on the plot device.
Spiderman's movements are REACTIVE because of his spidersense and he's not crazy so unpredictable movements are not going to be his strongsuit.
And, Spiderman doesn't have a healing factor that allows him to pound away on TM's face with a sword embedded in his chest like DP does, so their last fight is inadmissible.

Fact is, Spiderman has always had trouble with gifted fighters. So again, TM a guy who has gotten the better of DP on sheer skill, who has given all hell to Cap, and Iron Man, AND BOTH, and beaten on an entire roster of avengers at once, as well as three giants with one shield toss, is not outside his scope of ability in taking a fight to Spiderman.

So what if Spidey made him run away, that's what he does half the time, he's a business man not a warrior.

You didn't read the quote I was replying to, did you?

He didn't even bring up TM and Spiderman's fight, he said TM could win because hhe faired well against DD and owned DP, but he didn't beat either one so that is not proof he would beat Spiderman.

Spiderman said TM did so well against him in there first fight because he had something to lose, so he wasn't fighting with his full strength, that's basically what I was saying that TM could not beat Spiderman when Spiderman is fighting with all he has. And that is shown in the comic, that's nice that TM is a business man, it still shows Spiderman can beat him w/o too much trouble.

Battlehammer
You didn't read the quote I was replying to, did you?

He didn't even bring up TM and Spiderman's fight, he said TM could win because hhe faired well against DD and owned DP, but he didn't beat either one so that is not proof he would beat Spiderman.

pleases stop lying.

This is what I said not that garbage your spewing

jinzin
... What the f**k?

Yeah... that's what happened. roll eyes (sarcastic)

actaully spiderman has been defeated by silver samuria pritty badly before. and he was not even using the blade.

actaully sm was down graded so that fight quite relevant.

really I don't recall him ever onces humiliating taskmaster. Also you said swordsmen and taskmaster is a swordsmen and was using a sword when he was beating on spiderman. Originally posted by Mindset
People say Spiderman beats people he shouldn't, but really he jobs a lot. Originally posted by Battlehammer
pleases he hardly gets that on the forum compare to others. He also jobs no more then most. Also losing to neither of them really is jobing at all Originally posted by Mindset

See YOU brought up Deadpool, YOU are the one trying to discredit TM's feat against Spiderman.

Of course this only works if you follow time LINEARLY!

TM beat a Spiderman who wasn't angry, but he did it twice and no sold one one more time.

Spiderman makes Tasky run away twice when he's pissed and TM isn't trying that takes more precedence?
You really can't say that TM couldn't take Spiderman all out since we haven't seen TM fight Spiderman all out, TM beat the living crap out of a badass bullet catching martial artist with a bullet wound in his side. If Spiderman was having a hard time with Taskmaster then imagine how hard it'd be for him to win against a TM who's since replicated chi amping techniques, learned to catch bullets, and move at a speed twice that of his normal capacity.

Mindset
... What the f**k?

Yeah... that's what happened. roll eyes (sarcastic)

See YOU brought up Deadpool, YOU are the one trying to discredit TM's feat against Spiderman.

Of course this only works if you follow time LINEARLY!

TM beat a Spiderman who wasn't angry, but he did it twice and no sold one one more time.

Spiderman makes Tasky run away twice when he's pissed and TM isn't trying that takes more precedence?
You really can't say that TM couldn't take Spiderman all out since we haven't seen TM fight Spiderman all out, TM beat the living crap out of a badass bullet catching martial artist with a bullet wound in his side. If Spiderman was having a hard time with Taskmaster then imagine how hard it'd be for him to win against a TM who's since replicated chi amping techniques, learned to catch bullets, and move at a speed twice that of his normal capacity.

I know I brought up Deadpool, I guess you didn't see the post I was replying to, it wasn't one from Battlehammer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've only seen TM beat Spiderman once, and that was hardly Spiderman even fighting close to his full ability. You said his fight with DD he lost because of pis, and yet you regard his fight with Spiderman pis free, yet he was easily able to block/cut Spiderman's webs with sword swings. And Spiderman's tactic was to run up and give him a bear hug him...come on. Then Spiderman was hit in the back of the head with a thrown cane, I guess canes bypass his spider sense.

In the second fight Spiderman even comments that TM did pretty well in the first fight because he had something to lose, in other words he wasn't fighting unrestrained.

Then there is the fact that TM openly admits Deadpool is better than him, but Spiderman beats DP in hth.

Mindset
pleases stop lying.

This is what I said not that garbage your spewing
Are you slow, I was replying to a post from Phantom Zone, that was the post jinzin quoted. So what are you talking about?

Is this your post Battlehammer?
Originally posted by Phantom Zone

jinzin
I know I brought up Deadpool, I guess you didn't see the post I was replying to, it wasn't one from Battlehammer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've only seen TM beat Spiderman once, and that was hardly Spiderman even fighting close to his full ability. You said his fight with DD he lost because of pis, and yet you regard his fight with Spiderman pis free, yet he was easily able to block/cut Spiderman's webs with sword swings. And Spiderman's tactic was to run up and give him a bear hug him...come on. Then Spiderman was hit in the back of the head with a thrown cane, I guess canes bypass his spider sense.

In the second fight Spiderman even comments that TM did pretty well in the first fight because he had something to lose, in other words he wasn't fighting unrestrained.

Then there is the fact that TM openly admits Deadpool is better than him, but Spiderman beats DP in hth.

It didn't look that way.

Spiderman may have been affected by CIS but not pis, they start a second fight that same issue and TM is once again taking it to Spidey.

In other words he was fighting like normal instead of thinking the worste for mary jane.

TM said DP was better but look at the fight, TM lands the first killing blow not DP.

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
It didn't look that way.

Spiderman may have been affected by CIS but not pis, they start a second fight that same issue and TM is once again taking it to Spidey.

In other words he was fighting like normal instead of thinking the worste for mary jane.

TM said DP was better but look at the fight, TM lands the first killing blow not DP.
cosigned.

Mindset
It didn't look that way.

Do you have scans for the second fight, it's not in the respect thread. And does this fight take place in ASM?

In the first fight he was definitely not fighting like normal.

TM admitted DP superior skill in their second fight, in their first fight he did get a killing shot like you said, and then later admits he can't beat DP, so yea DP would've lost w/o hf--also, I don't remember, was this when DP healing factor was weakening?

Seriously it seems like everyone fights like an idiot when fighting TM, did you see him vs. Cap and IM, IM tries to fly behind him instead of just blasting him. And the second time TM using Spiderman's moves is too fast for IM, and IM gets put down from one hit from an energy shield...no expression

jinzin
It happened later the same issue as the first fight I think.

I don't know if TM meant skill he just said DP was better. Like Sabretooth is better but not as skilled.

I don't believe so, Deadpool just healed from goo.

That's actually a tactic I would expect IM to use when they're up against an intruder they're not familiar with.

And I don't see what's wrong with the energy shield put Iron Man on his ass, he got back up.. besides TM was using Cap's techniques... Have you seen what Cap can do with a shield throw?

Mindset
It happened later the same issue as the first fight I think.

I don't know if TM meant skill he just said DP was better. Like Sabretooth is better but not as skilled.

I don't believe so, Deadpool just healed from goo.

That's actually a tactic I would expect IM to use when they're up against an intruder they're not familiar with.

And I don't see what's wrong with the energy shield put Iron Man on his ass, he got back up.. besides TM was using Cap's techniques... Have you seen what Cap can do with a shield throw?

Do you know if this happened in ASM?

I just don't see the reason for IM to try to sneak behind him to fire a repulsor blast. Also do you know if his shield was made from vibranium, because he was able to block Cap's shield.

Deadpool healed from goo later in Cable/Deadpool, that fight with TM was in his now canceled ongoing a couple years ago, and I seem to remember his hf being on the fritz.

One hit from an energy shield shouldn't ko Tony, when he has taken much worse w/o being koed.

jinzin
Do you know if this happened in ASM?

I just don't see the reason for IM to try to sneak behind him to fire a repulsor blast. Also do you know if his shield was made from vibranium, because he was able to block Cap's shield.

Deadpool healed from goo later in Cable/Deadpool, that fight with TM was in his now canceled ongoing a couple years ago, and I seem to remember his hf being on the fritz.

One hit from an energy shield shouldn't ko Tony, when he has taken much worse w/o being koed.

I think it was a marvel team ups book actually.
I maintain that it stands as a viable tactic for the time it was written IM.
It's not vibranium, he's bitched at people about it before for damaging it.
Oh I thought you meant their recent fight, yes in the older fight in which TM beat DP his HF was having problems.
It didn't KO him just knocked him down.

Milkie
No it not.

Exactly.

There's no way he should have lost. I personally think Taskmaster let him win to gain something from the fight even though he said he didn't.

Except Deadpool beat Taskmaster w/o trouble before. Taskmaster even admits Deadpool is better than him.

That could be taken in different ways.

I personally think he was saying Deadpool was a better Mercenary while talking into consideration Deadpools speed, strength and healing factor.

Was he saying Deadpool a better fighter?

No.

The comic was basically about who was the better Mercenary.

We all know that that was DS.

I'm gonna pull one of your numbers. Why would someone like Taskmaster be beaten by someone just because he started dancing and crap? "OMG!! He's changing his style! Impossible!" Complete bullshit.

Also do you know if his shield was made from vibranium, because he was able to block Cap's shield.

Taskmaster has had many shields made of different materials, some strong some weak. Most of his shields have been seen taking hits from energy beams, thrown around pretty hard and beaten on pretty bad but it would wear out eventually.

I think the generator temporily shut done some of IMs Armor systems. He was still talking so he couldn't have been knocked out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.