Green Lantern Corps vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
All GLs, the Guardians, etc.

vs

Galactus

Fight takes place in the Marvel Universe just after Galactus eats a planet.

Mr.Biscuits
Hal solos.

Utrigita
Well it isn't going to be pretty thats for sure... probably Galactus will go down sooner ore later but IMO there will hardly be a Corps left erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Well it isn't going to be pretty thats for sure... probably Galactus will go down sooner ore later but IMO there will hardly be a Corps left erm thumb up

Val
Well it isn't going to be pretty thats for sure... probably Galactus will go down sooner ore later but IMO there will hardly be a Corps left erm
Wrong.

"Initiating sector scan replacement."

Lulz.

Sarutobi700
Galactus wins this with relatvie ease. he caually blows up 10 solar systems and the GLanterns and dthe guardians die horribly in the process.

Old-Wizard.com
Anyone know how many GLs there are?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Val
Correct.

Lulz.

fixed

Terryc250
if this is a non-jobbing atleast normal powered Galactus, he takes out the galaxy that the GLs are in, end of GLs

starlock
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Anyone know how many GLs there are?

7200-was there high number....after the sinestro war who knows

GL's and Guardians win

janus77
GL Corps wiped out and Oan energy sucked into a small little battery pack which Galactus henceforth carries around with him for quick-snack purposes.

what happens if Galactus decides to consume all - ALL - the Oan energies?
will the GLs be able to manipulate the source of their powers better than Galactus? I doubt it.

starlock
Originally posted by janus77
GL Corps wiped out and Oan energy sucked into a small little battery pack which Galactus henceforth carries around with him for quick-snack purposes.

will the GLs be able to manipulate the source of their powers better than Galactus? I doubt it.

And galactus will handle the oan energy better than the guardians?
Are people forgetting the threadstarter included the guardians also?

GL's and Guardians win

janus77
fine, he wipes out the Guardians in the first nano-second with a galaxy destroying blast, thereafter he feeds on the remaining Oan energy.

or he feeds on the Oan energies and weakens The Guardians. given that he can feed on Hyperspace and consume The Celestials, I'll wager that he'll make light work of them.

even Surfer can manipulate and channel all the energies of the Oan Central Battery, Galactus would do so much more.

Kutulu
I think under the circumstances (namely the Guardians being involved), Galactus is going to take a loss unless he manages to consume a Guardian before continuing the fight, in which case he could take a win. If he doesn't consume a Guardian / Central battery or what-not, then he simply won't have enough energy to survive. The fight could go either way. Most of the 7200 GLC ring bearers will be fodder.

GLC 6/10.

janus77
how resistant are The Guardians to a determined Galactus?
he annihilated a Watcher and untold number of powerful beings with but a mere blast - a blast that raged through galaxies.

I just honestly don't rate the GLC that highly, they're like low to mid-heralds at best, and the Guardians are just a few notches better. Galactus on the otherhand has creations that are superior to the Guardians (Tyrant) and he's never/rarely even bothered to demonstrate the heights of his powers, instead just trundling along doing just enough to get-by.

what would happen once Galactus started consuming the Oan energies? could the GLC/guardians do anything, offensively, against him? could they resist being made into heralds of Galactus? having their minds wiped, their willpower subordinated to his? having their rings transmuted to tofu sandwiches?

seaapple
Have you ever seen little cleaner shrimp picking their way amongst a shark's teeth?

Shrimp = GLs, Shark = Galactus

janus77
nah, more like:
Blue Whale = Galactus, crustaceans = GLs

he won't see them individually, nor realise the staggering number of them, just destroy them without effort.

Estacado
GLC.

Estacado

WTF?
Do you have any idea how powerful is the Central bettery?

Erik-Lensherr
Bringing the Guardians into this makes it a stomp erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Bringing the Guardians into this makes it a stomp erm Please the didnt look impressive against a weakened Am or against Prime. The one gave his life just to bfr him.

laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Please the didnt look impressive against a weakened Am or against Prime. The one gave his life just to bfr him.

laughing laughing

Are you slow or what? The Gaurdians are the guys who was weakening the AM and peeling him out of his suit. IF not for thier initial assualt, the galaxy blast wouldn't have done as much dmg to the AM as it did. And It's the Gaurdian's power that is allowing superboy to be superman prime. You tard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Are you slow or what? The Gaurdians are the guys who was weakening the AM and peeling him out of his suit. IF not for thier initial assualt, the galaxy blast wouldn't have done as much dmg to the AM as it did. And It's the Gaurdian's power that is allowing superboy to be superman prime. You tard. Yes the couldnt kill Prime when they all were there and one had to give his life. What a tard that guardian was.

The huge explosion is what helped really defeat the Am. Who bfred him,if you guessed Prime you guessed right.

All the guardians together really did squat.

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes the couldnt kill Prime when they all were there and one had to give his life. What a tard that guardian was.

The huge explosion is what helped really defeat the Am. Who bfred him,if you guessed Prime you guessed right.

All the guardians together really did squat.

laughing

OMG you are the slowest guy on the net. Prime didn't BFR the AM. The AM ran after prime ripped thru his suit. THE GUARDIANS ARE THE ONES WHO WAS WEAKENING THE AM. IT was the GL"S who unleashed the Galaxy blast. Prime did nothing but fly thru a weakened suit of armor. You should take a reading comprehension class. And It was the guardians' power that allowed SBP to become SMP. Now just think what SMP is able to do with the power of ONE guardian. A whole tribe of them would kill him. IT was thier power that prevented the guardian's life energy from destroying everyone and everything. Or did you read the ****ing panels and look at the pictures that show them holding that power in check.

123KID
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Bringing the Guardians into this makes it a stomp erm

how many Oans are there ?

from their usual performances Galactus could take on 3 or 4 and have a good shot at winning

especially if he just starts absorbing them

Dick Grayson
Originally posted by Val
Wrong.

Lulz.

As long as Galactus does not eat Mogo.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by 123KID
how many Oans are there ?

from their usual performances Galactus could take on 3 or 4 and have a good shot at winning

especially if he just starts absorbing them

Absorbing? He sure as hell hasn't absorbed the earth's heroes the many times they've kicked his ass.

There is one Guardian for every 100 GL's.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Dick Grayson
As long as Galactus does not eat Mogo.

Doesn't big Need time and a converter to do things like that?

Newjak
Doesn't big Need time and a converter to do things like that? No he can do it straight from power but in doing so it makes him use more energy therefore he doesn't get as much in return. So he uses the converter so he doesn't waste energy but he can certainly do it without the tech.

123KID
i didn't realize Galactus would bother absorbing energies from top tiers when his Power Cosmic makes every bit of energy they have look like shit

Oan energy on the other hand be a good treat

way to compare Guardians to top tiers by the way
brilliant

and Galactus could kill 100 GLs very easily

nvrbeenwthagirl
i didn't realize Galactus would bother absorbing energies from top tiers when his Power Cosmic makes every bit of energy they have look like shit

Oan energy on the other hand be a good treat

way to compare Guardians to top tiers by the way
brilliant

and Galactus could kill 100 GLs very easily

Could he now? 26 gl's where able to hold the AM and a galaxy blast in place.

There are 7200 GL's. That means there are 720 guardians. Let's see big g defeat that many, AND the power battery, AND ION, and Mogo. ANd the corps. IT"S NOT HAPPENING.

Old-Wizard.com

There are 7200 GL's. That means there are 720 guardians. Let's see big g defeat that many, AND the power battery, AND ION, and Mogo. ANd the corps. IT"S NOT HAPPENING.

In theory I agree. It does seem too much. I would be convinced if Parallax didn't defeat the GLC.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
In theory I agree. It does seem too much. I would be convinced if Parallax didn't defeat the GLC.
Parallax was corrupting the Battery from the inside. And he was also multiversal once he absorbed the power of the battery.

Kutulu

I don't recall there being 720 guardians. That number seems a bit high IMHO.

123KID
and (according to everyone here anyway) a weakened Superboy-Prime could kill 32 of them
i hope you don't think Prime in IC in the suit is anything more than toejam in Galactus' cosmic feet

he also, again according to everyone here, easily defeated two named GLs and isn't Hal like a GL elite top tier ?

so i'd guesstimate Galactus could kill 100 GLs no sweat

...what ?

one Oan equals 100 Lanterns in power
since when did they say one Guardian FOR 100 Lanterns ?

he probably could snack on it
Parallax on its own isn't an entity too far above Galactus and it absorbed the Battery
look how easily Kyllax got defeated

current Ion is what to Galactus ? about as much a nuisance as Thanos is/was

nvrbeenwthagirl
and (according to everyone here anyway) a weakened Superboy-Prime could kill 32 of them
i hope you don't think Prime in IC in the suit is anything more than toejam in Galactus' cosmic feet

he also, again according to everyone here, easily defeated two named GLs and isn't Hal like a GL elite top tier ?

so i'd guesstimate Galactus could kill 100 GLs no sweat

...what ?

one Oan equals 100 Lanterns in power
since when did they say one Guardian FOR 100 Lanterns ?

he probably could snack on it
Parallax on its own isn't an entity too far above Galactus and it absorbed the Battery

current Ion is what to Galactus ? about as much a nuisance as Thanos is/was

You over estimate galactus.

Parrallax was FAR above galactus. And The guardians would be too much for big G. He'd be overwhelmed. Your talking all of the OAN power against galactus. Hell, The JLA alone has fought beings superior to galactus, and all of a sudden he can take the entire corps, guardians, ION, and the battery.

123KID
proof please
name me one feat from Parallax without the Battery that Galactus could never do

and the FF have fought beings stronger than Galactus
it really doesn't mean anything

llagrok

In Green Lantern: Recharge, they needed like 300 GL's to simply make a sun explode. Though there were plenty rookies, Salaak, Guy, Hal, John, Kyle, Kilo and plenty of other Seniors were there.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
In Green Lantern: Recharge, they needed like 300 GL's to simply make a sun explode. Though there were plenty rookies, Salaak, Guy, Hal, John, Kyle, Kilo and plenty of other Seniors were there.

And Big G with Dinner couldn't get thru thanos's tech shields.

nvrbeenwthagirl
proof please
name me one feat from Parallax without the Battery that Galactus could never do

and the FF have fought beings stronger than Galactus
it really doesn't mean anything

What the hell. Parallax, HAL JORDAN was far above Big G. and that is who defeated the Gaurdians. Trying to twist it anyother way is a lame tactic.

grey fox
Galactus simply tunes his attacks to yellow, induces a fear hallucinogen around him and then annihilators everyone with a Galaxy destroying blast.

Utrigita
And Big G with Dinner couldn't get thru thanos's tech shields.

how do you know he had dinner before hand???

And secondly Galactus couldn't use the type of blast he normally would in such a incident he had to think of his device with the infinite Gems.

Thirdly, he says he had to exert himself in order to break all Thanos Fields, normally I exert myself when I have determined a level of energy I want to use I still only have that energy but that energy is now going to be used for more then let say run 5 kilometers instead it's 7.

WhiteWitchKing

That's not the same as beating up AM. If they fought AM, 26 are going to die hard.

No. This just means you can't multiply/divide correctly. If there's 1 guardian for every 100 GLs. And we divided 7200 GLs by 100 GLs/Guardian, we get 72 Guardians, not your ridiculous 720 Guardians.

Or 72*100=7200. See 2*2=4. NOT 40. Go back to school. big grin

Utrigita
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
No. This just means you can't multiply/divide correctly. If there's 1 guardian for every 100 GLs. And we divided 7200 GLs by 100 GLs/Guardian, we get 72 Guardians, not your ridiculous 720 Guardians.

laughing first saw that now

janus77
rofl!

Utrigita
how do you know he had dinner before hand???

And secondly Galactus couldn't use the type of blast he normally would in such a incident he had to think of his device with the infinite Gems.

Thirdly, he says he had to exert himself in order to break all Thanos Fields, normally I exert myself when I have determined a level of energy I want to use I still only have that energy but that energy is now going to be used for more then let say run 5 kilometers instead it's 7.

Edit change 5 and 7

Estacado

WTF?
There are 9 guardians currently.

Acrosurge
Galactus can consume exotic energies with little effort. He has consumed the mystical realm of Mephisto. If he can consume the Celestials, Asgard, and much of the Marvel Universe, I really don't see what should stop him from consuming the power of the Central Battery. Lanterns have been drained by far, far less.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That's not the same as beating up AM. If they fought AM, 26 are going to die hard.

I guess you didn't take the time to read. I'd edited out the 0 which I added. Now bow your head in shame for not taking the time to read. I guess you thought you were doing something. Pathetic. Reading is fundemental.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Galactus can consume exotic energies with little effort. He has consumed the mystical realm of Mephisto. If he can consume the Celestials, Asgard, and much of the Marvel Universe, I really don't see what should stop him from consuming the power of the Central Battery. Lanterns have been drained by far, far less.

yeah, he's just gonna consume energies of the central battery when it's shown that the batteries themselves can consume energy. Parallax anyone? What's stopping the guardians and the battery from absorbing big G?

janus77
what's stopping Galactus from annihilating the galaxy they're all in?

any scans of the Oan CB consuming energies of celestial type characters?

they've got zero chance against a moderately fed Galactus, imo.

Acrosurge

they've got zero chance against a moderately fed Galactus, imo. I was thinking the same thing.

123KID
prove it already
give me a feat of pre-Cental Battery powerup Parallax that puts him well above Galactus

nvrbeenwthagirl

they've got zero chance against a moderately fed Galactus, imo.

26 gl's stopped a galaxy destroying blast. Now wht's stopping him again? Your saying Cosmic beings such as the gaurdian, with full control of their battery are gonna get steam rolled by Galactus? OMG.

nvrbeenwthagirl
prove it already
give me a feat of pre-Cental Battery powerup Parallax that puts him well above Galactus **** are you talking about. Parallax who absorbed all of the guardians was the one who had the battery's power. To say that parallax beat them without the battery is silly given ganthet alone pwned parrallax in his pure form.

WhiteWitchKing
I guess you didn't take the time to read. I'd edited out the 0 which I added.

Can I have proof of this "edit" thing, please. wink

Not only do you lack the basics of elementary math, apparently reading has been as much of a problem for you, has it not? Like I said, GO BACK TO SCHOOL! big grin

Air Legend

Not only do you lack the basics of elementary math, apparently reading has been as much of a problem for you, has it not? Like I said, GO BACK TO SCHOOL! big grin

123KID
so you agree that without the Central Battery powerup Parallax isn't above Galactus
good good

nvrbeenwthagirl
so you agree that without the Central Battery powerup Parallax isn't above Galactus
good good

What the **** does that have to do with anything? It was the central batteries power that pwned the guardians. Not Parallax. So what is your point?

nvrbeenwthagirl

well it should have been an edit. I guess it didn't take. Oh well. Not the end of the world. I did an edit tho. Cuz I knew some lame would think they were doing something by finding that mistake and thinking that that was a mathmatical error. But if it makes you feel better that you found a mistake please, enjoy the high point of your life. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Master

laughing out loud

Is someone exaggerating again? smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr Master
laughing out loud

Is someone exaggerating again? smile

You mean like infinite can be bigger than another infinite? laughing laughing laughing

My infinity is bigger than yours. Nuh uh.

Yes it is, Marvel says so. laughing laughing laughing

WhiteWitchKing
well it should have been an edit. I guess it didn't take. Oh well. Not the end of the world. I did an edit tho.

Of course you did, we believe you. roll eyes (sarcastic) We believe you, indeed.

The lame one here is the same lame-o that can't do math, read, or, if it is true, edit a post properly. If you did edit, MAKE SURE IT TOOK! big grin

And I will. I'm one of those people who believe in promoting education as a beneficial externality to society and the economy. Even if educating them just means teaching them how to edit a post properly so as to not look like an academic idiot, it pleases me to do so. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Of course you did, we believe you. roll eyes (sarcastic) We believe you, indeed.

The lame one here is the same lame-o that can't do math, read, or, if it is true, edit a post properly. If you did edit, MAKE SURE IT TOOK! big grin

And I will. I'm one of those people who believe in promoting education as a beneficial externality to society and the economy. Even if educating them just means teaching them how to edit a post properly so as to not look like an academic idiot, it pleases me to do so. wink

you actually think that this site doesn't have problems and sometime posts dont' go thru or they time out? Yes, you really are super dooper educated. You know everything. You are no one for me to lie to. Remember that. You aren't even a hated one. You don't even irk me. That would mean that you pretty much are nothing to me. So take confort in knowing, I don't feel the need to, nor will I ever feel that you are important enough to lie to. Now that is education you can take with you.

Utrigita
26 gl's stopped a galaxy destroying blast. Now wht's stopping him again? Your saying Cosmic beings such as the gaurdian, with full control of their battery are gonna get steam rolled by Galactus? OMG.

Who mentioned the battery the thread starter said the Gaurdiens and the Green Lanterns against Galactus, nothing about the battery nothing about them having the possibility to make a Ion ore Parallax, and I change my earlier point if there is only like 9 Guardiens and Superboy prime killed 32 of them and hurted a Gaurdien with his heat Vision then Oan is toasted.

Btw can anyone show me where is was stated that the blast that nearly killed AM was actually if not contained a Galaxy wide blast???

seaapple
nah, more like:

he won't see them individually, nor realise the staggering number of them, just destroy them without effort.

Fair enough update my underwater analogy to:
GLs = krill
Galactus = baleen whale

janus77
how about extending the oceanic analogies:
Galactus = Orca,
Guardians = Sea lions,
GLs = Penguins?

btw, what's the seapple thing about?

Deathstroke

Btw can anyone show me where is was stated that the blast that nearly killed AM was actually if not contained a Galaxy wide blast???

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7410/galaxykb6.jpg

Bouboumaster
Galactus would be like Homer in a Tim Horton.

OneDumbG0
Mehehehehehehe. I just finished my finals. Boy, KMC has gotten a little bit more rambunctious last time I posted here. My two cents. I think most people would agree that if Galactus could absorb the Oan energies, he'd run over the GL's and the Guardians most of the time. The Power of the Guardians, while extraordinarily potent and virtually capable of anything, has been shown to be quite absorbable. The Manhunter's tech is a rudimentary example. They just suck it up and even a GL's will cannot prevent it. Never liked that, to be honest, but it happens.

The question remains, could Galactus absorb it? Someone noted that he had threatened to absorb Mephisto's realm and Asgard and the Black Celestial. But the first two are more magical and the latter involved some technology. I'm going to argue that Galactus could use his affinity for power absorption capabilities to win 1/10 here. I don't see how Manhunter technology would be so far beyond Galactus' ability to not constitute at least one win. After all, Silver Surfer absorbed it in a crossover.

But I don't agree that doing so would result in an automatic win for Galactus 10/10. Even if he could absorb their energies, the GL's and the Guardians could still theoretically fight back, aka, run away and fling asteroids at him. They'd come up with something. And the GL's have shown the power to contain a galaxy destroying blast, so the entire Corps led by the veterans and backed by the Guardians... I think they'd take a sizable majority against Galactus. Galactus would have to resort to mass matter manipulation (ala turning Hercules into an amoeba) or stasis/mind control (ala Infinity War) to eke out his wins. Or, dare I say it... click the Ultimate Nullifier. Mehehehehehe.

Physically, multiple star system destroying blast just does not cut it against the entirety of the GL Corps. If this were Galactus and his heralds versus the Guardians and their Corps, it'd balance out better. But Galactus on his lonesome, having fed on only one planet? Hey now... Sure he could incinerate thousands of them in a blast that utterly and immediately incinerated the Annihilation fleet (a fleet with teleportation capabilties mind you), but all 7200 and the Guardians?

GL Corps 8/10

BTW, I don't think the galaxy destroying blast containment feat in 'Sinestro Corps War' passes the smell test. They had 50 GL's create that wall which Superboy Prime rammed through in 'Infinite Crisis.' Granted, the only veteran present was Guy Gardner and everyone else were rookies and here, you had veterans like Salaak, Kilowog, Arisia, Green Man, Stel, Brik, Bzzd (my new favorite GL) leading the charge, but still... someone mentioned that it took dozens of GL's to destroy a sun at one point? Something doesn't pass the smell test. My theory is that the destructive capacity of the blast was an effect of its antimatter composition. It would expand out in a wave of antimatter and eventually nullify all matter within the galaxy. The GL's contained the antimatter in a concentrated focal point and a rupture into the "under-universe" appeared and the antimatter flowed into that rupture. That is where all the destructive energy went rather then being absorbed into the GL's shields. The GL's shields didn't fully contain the blast so much as to provide just enough resistance for the rupture to fully appear and suck all the antimatter into the "under-universe." And although Greenman's dialogue after the fact could support this, this explanation is overly technical and I would guess unnecessary until something comes along to directly contradict it after the fact, rather then before the fact.

Mr Master

You mean like infinite can be bigger than another infinite?

My infinity is bigger than yours. Nuh uh.
The difference is, I ain't exaggerating ... Marvel realy does state that:

According to Marvel, withIN their comics,
there are "levels of Infinity"
(this isn't an opinion/idea) it was depicted and stated on panel (in Marvel comics)
.................................................................................................

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6475/kkht2.th.jpg

Kubik says,

"Our power is as nothing to the Celestials"

Kosmos replies,

"But Kubik, do we not possess Infinite Power (Omnipotence)

Kubik retorts,

"Yes, Our might is Infinite. But there are Levels of Infinity"
.................................................................................................

Not only are there Levels of Infinity
but there's actually an Infinite number of levels:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1130/infi3rl5.th.jpg

Kubik finishes,

"Thus are demonstrated TWO LEVELS of Infinity,

there are of course, an Infinite number MORE"

srugdoped
Yes it is, Marvel says so.
I gotta admit, you're right.

Peace & love yall.

Utrigita
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
The question remains, could Galactus absorb it? Someone noted that he had threatened to absorb Mephisto's realm and Asgard and the Black Celestial. But the first two are more magical and the latter involved some technology. I'm going to argue that Galactus could use his affinity for power absorption capabilities to win 1/10 here. I don't see how Manhunter technology would be so far beyond Galactus' ability to not constitute at least one win. After all, Silver Surfer absorbed it in a crossover.

Galactus feeds on Energy in all its aspects in case you didn't know, he just deploys his elementary converter to make the dinner better smile

But I don't agree that doing so would result in an automatic win for Galactus 10/10. Even if he could absorb their energies, the GL's and the Guardians could still theoretically fight back, aka, run away and fling asteroids at him. They'd come up with something. And the GL's have shown the power to contain a galaxy destroying blast, so the entire Corps led by the veterans and backed by the Guardians... I think they'd take a sizable majority against Galactus. Galactus would have to resort to mass matter manipulation (ala turning Hercules into an amoeba) or stasis/mind control (ala Infinity War) to eke out his wins. Or, dare I say it... click the Ultimate Nullifier. Mehehehehehe.

How do you expect the GL to fly away and start attacking him when he has drain them from there Energy erm, and Fling Astroids at him how exactly is that going to hurt him ore even penetrate his outer defense shielding???

Physically, multiple star system destroying blast just does not cut it against the entirety of the GL Corps. If this were Galactus and his heralds versus the Guardians and their Corps, it'd balance out better. But Galactus on his lonesome, having fed on only one planet? Hey now... Sure he could incinerate thousands of them in a blast that utterly and immediately incinerated the Annihilation fleet (a fleet with teleportation capabilties mind you), but all 7200 and the Guardians?

Surelya good potion of the 7200 and the 9(?) Guardiens all of the GL's isn't veterans seeing how IMO easy Superboy Prime killed 32 (don't know if they where veterans ore Rookies) I think that Galactus with a Blast from the Annihilation wave would kill quiet a portion of the GL's

GL Corps 8/10

Galactus IMO but by how much I have no idea about.

OneDumbG0
Galactus feeds on Energy in all its aspects in case you didn't know, he just deploys his elementary converter to make the dinner better smileMeh, I don't doubt that he could. But doing so in the middle of an assault? I dunno. If he could do it as effortlessly as you suggest, why not absorb the energy that Aegis and Tenebrous were assaulting him with?
How do you expect the GL to fly away and start attacking him when he has drain them from there Energy erm, and Fling Astroids at him how exactly is that going to hurt him ore even penetrate his outer defense shielding???Yes well, I'm simply stating that even if Galactus could absorb their energy, the GL's still have ways to attack him without resorting to asaulting with GL energy. They could try to detonate a star, etc. Of course... he'd probably just teleport away like he did in 'Infinity War.'
Surelya good potion of the 7200 and the 9(?) Guardiens all of the GL's isn't veterans seeing how IMO easy Superboy Prime killed 32 (don't know if they where veterans ore Rookies) I think that Galactus with a Blast from the Annihilation wave would kill quiet a portion of the GL'sSo do I, I said he could probably kill 1000's in a single blast like the one he created in 'Annihilation.' While not a "galaxy" destroying blast, that blast was still all-encompassing, obliterated at least three stars, dozens of planets and was so fast that a fleet with teleportation capabilities couldn't react in time to escape it. It'd mess up the GL's quite good. And it did that all with pure energy output which I think makes it fundamentally different from the antimatter detonation in 'Sinestro Corps War.' As I postulated, I don't think the GL's would be able to contain such a blast in the same way. But until more proof shows up, I'll keep that opinion as an opinion and not debate it vigorously. You and I are not that far off in thought.

seaapple
Yes, why bother with scans when you can just come in and post animal analogies? Especially sea animal analogies.

Galactus = whale shark
GLs = plankton

how about extending the oceanic analogies:
Galactus = Orca,
Guardians = Sea lions,
GLs = Penguins?

btw, what's the seapple thing about?

nvrbeenwthagirl
When the hell did Galactus get so powerful and yet has been pwned so many times? Against the Entire GL corps, Ion, and the guardians he can do all of this? OMG.

seaapple
Well, to answer the question about Galactus getting so powerful despite being owned so many times...
It is true, weaklings sometimes beat Galactus. But a well written Galactus is something of majesty, and those are the best storylines. Galactus as a universal force, a part of the trinity with Eternity and Death, not a being but just a balancing energy, the one tough enough to survive from the previous universe.
Certainly he could be beat here. But he could also be written to full potential, as he has been in the past and thus we have the preferred results (and kind of argumentation that shall be preferred here, animal analogies):

So far...
Galactus = whale shark
Guardians = zooplankton
GLs = phytoplankton (and they're even green!)

Galactus = Orca,
Guardians = Sea lions,
GLs = Penguins?

Galactus = blue whale/baleen whale
Gls - krill

Utrigita
When the hell did Galactus get so powerful and yet has been pwned so many times? Against the Entire GL corps, Ion, and the guardians he can do all of this? OMG.

You still hold Darkseid in high regard doesn't you nvr???? Then think this question again one more time and remember what happend when the GL corps waged a war against Akropolis.

OneDumbG0
You still hold Darkseid in high regard doesn't you nvr???? Then think this question again one more time and remember what happend when the GL corps waged a war against Akropolis. What did happen?

nvrbeenwthagirl
You still hold Darkseid in high regard doesn't you nvr???? Then think this question again one more time and remember what happend when the GL corps waged a war against Akropolis.
What the hell? The Gaurdians weren't fighting that war, and there was no ION present either. There were also considerably LESS GL's.

Utrigita
What the hell? The Gaurdians weren't fighting that war, and there was no ION present either. There were also considerably LESS GL's.

First answear you own question and then think of darkseid.

9 Guardins shouldn't be a problem against Darkseid as you see him would they, a Ion that is no where near his former powerlevels, and if I remember correct there was 3400 GL's still.

and btw I'm sure that if the Guardiens was under the impression they would have won I don't think they would have wrote a truce with Akropolis would they???

Bentley
Let me see... Odin is close to a Guardian in power, but the Destroyer armor infused with the power of asgardian did pretty much nothing against a single Celestial. Its is more or less accepted than Galactus can take on more than one Celestial at the time.

In my eyes this battles goes to Galactus.

nvrbeenwthagirl
First answear you own question and then think of darkseid.

9 Guardins shouldn't be a problem against Darkseid as you see him would they, a Ion that is no where near his former powerlevels, and if I remember correct there was 3400 GL's still.

and btw I'm sure that if the Guardiens was under the impression they would have won I don't think they would have wrote a truce with Akropolis would they???
First of all, Sometimes the fight isn't worth it even if you win. Have you paid attention to New God tech? It' wrecks universes. And THere are currently TWO GL's for every sector. Thus there should be 7200 instead of the 3600 there used to be. And We do know that Sadam yat is somewhere in the hood of Superboy prime. Who is way above the above tier.

quanchi112
First of all, Sometimes the fight isn't worth it even if you win. Have you paid attention to New God tech? It' wrecks universes. And THere are currently TWO GL's for every sector. Thus there should be 7200 instead of the 3600 there used to be. And We do know that Sadam yat is somewhere in the hood of Superboy prime. Who is way above the above tier. You exaggerate new gods tech, they couldnt even bfr Doomsday when he showed up. laughing laughing laughing

Batman played Darkseid to when he showed up on his planet. laughing

Utrigita
First of all, Sometimes the fight isn't worth it even if you win. Have you paid attention to New God tech? It' wrecks universes. And THere are currently TWO GL's for every sector. Thus there should be 7200 instead of the 3600 there used to be. And We do know that Sadam yat is somewhere in the hood of Superboy prime. Who is way above the above tier.

I doesn't see what the new Gods Tech has to do with the GL Corps and the Guardiens, And you think that it would change the outcome if they choosed to attack Akropolis again???

And yet SuperBoy Prime is nowhere near the levels of power Galactus posesses, and again SBP singlehanded killed 32 GL's and beat Ion. I must admit that even though the GL's have a lot of veterans all the Rookies (which is actually a majority from the way I read OneDummGO) will IMO die very easy against Galactus.

Utrigita
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Meh, I don't doubt that he could. But doing so in the middle of an assault? I dunno. If he could do it as effortlessly as you suggest, why not absorb the energy that Aegis and Tenebrous were assaulting him with?

PIS, if Galactus was using that ability most battles against him would be pointless for most beings also it's jus speculation but maybe the energyout put when it is at the same level as him self ore above he cannot absorb it just speculation smile The incident accor in Rom the SpaceKnight where the Prime Director ore something like that attacked Galactus only to get eaten, and he was made of pure energy.

Yes well, I'm simply stating that even if Galactus could absorb their energy, the GL's still have ways to attack him without resorting to asaulting with GL energy. They could try to detonate a star, etc. Of course... he'd probably just teleport away like he did in 'Infinity War.'

I don't think it answear my question how is they going to do this if Galactus is drawing there Oan Energy from them, and Teleport away no need for that IMO, in the Silver Surfer mini where Galactus was at the lowest Level we IMO have ever seen him his Shield still withstood the combined attack by the Shi'ar empire and some other ships (kree ore skrull ore other races not sure), Starjammers, Gladiator, Fantastic Four and the Avengers.

So do I, I said he could probably kill 1000's in a single blast like the one he created in 'Annihilation.' While not a "galaxy" destroying blast, that blast was still all-encompassing, obliterated at least three stars, dozens of planets and was so fast that a fleet with teleportation capabilities couldn't react in time to escape it. It'd mess up the GL's quite good. And it did that all with pure energy output which I think makes it fundamentally different from the antimatter detonation in 'Sinestro Corps War.' As I postulated, I don't think the GL's would be able to contain such a blast in the same way. But until more proof shows up, I'll keep that opinion as an opinion and not debate it vigorously.

You think that is enough??? 1000 GL's I'm having a higher number inside my head but that probably just me smile

You and I are not that far off in thought.

Agreed

nvrbeenwthagirl
I doesn't see what the new Gods Tech has to do with the GL Corps and the Guardiens, And you think that it would change the outcome if they choosed to attack Akropolis again???

And yet SuperBoy Prime is nowhere near the levels of power Galactus posesses, and again SBP singlehanded killed 32 GL's and beat Ion. I must admit that even though the GL's have a lot of veterans all the Rookies (which is actually a majority from the way I read OneDummGO) will IMO die very easy against Galactus.

I can't see galactus beating the guardians. let alone All of the GL's and ION. And it's not like SBP is despero lvl or something and beating ION who got hurt by lead( he didn't know), is a low feat. SBP is a freaking Precrisis kryptonian. Let's not forget that IOn can manipulate energy in a way that not even kyle could. And ION got his ION power like what, 5 minutes before he had to fight prime? And then he'd just learned he was a daxamite as well. As for new gods tech, It has remade the universe into pure energy and then reformed it. It has held the multiversal power of the god wave in check. You underestimate them. the gaurdians on the other hand, were smart enough not to risk destroying the universe in a fight with DS.

Utrigita
I can't see galactus beating the guardians. let alone All of the GL's and ION. And it's not like SBP is despero lvl or something and beating ION who got hurt by lead( he didn't know), is a low feat. SBP is a freaking Precrisis kryptonian. Let's not forget that IOn can manipulate energy in a way that not even kyle could. And ION got his ION power like what, 5 minutes before he had to fight prime? And then he'd just learned he was a daxamite as well. As for new gods tech, It has remade the universe into pure energy and then reformed it. It has held the multiversal power of the god wave in check. You underestimate them. the gaurdians on the other hand, were smart enough not to risk destroying the universe in a fight with DS.

If lead is what makes Ion Weak I would advice him to be very far away from the battle nvr, Galactus has Cosmic Awarness on a universal scall this couple with his abilities to transform matter will be a dangerous cocktail.

I thought that was the gods on New Genesis that had that level of Technology and not Darkseid???

Also it was 2/3 of the troops that died and as I have understood it, Darkseid wasn't call apon any speciel technology in order for him to slaughter the GL's.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If lead is what makes Ion Weak I would advice him to be very far away from the battle nvr, Galactus has Cosmic Awarness on a universal scall this couple with his abilities to transform matter will be a dangerous cocktail.

I thought that was the gods on New Genesis that had that level of Technology and not Darkseid???

Also it was 2/3 of the troops that died and as I have understood it, Darkseid wasn't call apon any speciel technology in order for him to slaughter the GL's.

OMG. First of all, just becuz Galactus has cosmic Awareness means what? How many times has that awareness help him from getting his ASS kicked? And The gaurdians also have cosmic awareness. And Currently as Long as yat wears his ring, Lead won't be a problem. This Galactus wanking is REDICULOUS. All of sudden people think he can take on the entire GLC and the gaurdians? People would cry foul if I said Yugah Khan could beat the heralds and He's actually pwned superior forces to the heralds. I can't recall Galactus ever facing power like the GLC AND tha gaurdians. He can't even eat earth. And if you think that New genesis is the only side that posesses that level of tech you haven't been paying attention. The Genesis box was nothing more than a mother box. DS has those lying around and father boxes. Also, I don't recall any gaurdians actually getting into the fight with DS. Do you? Please show me. And yes 2/3rds of thier troops may have died, as DS troops have no problem killing where as the GLC couldn't. That has changed.

Utrigita
OMG. First of all, just becuz Galactus has cosmic Awareness means what? How many times has that awareness help him from getting his ASS kicked? And The gaurdians also have cosmic awareness. And Currently as Long as yat wears his ring, Lead won't be a problem. This Galactus wanking is REDICULOUS. All of sudden people think he can take on the entire GLC and the gaurdians? People would cry foul if I said Yugah Khan could beat the heralds and He's actually pwned superior forces to the heralds. I can't recall Galactus ever facing power like the GLC AND tha gaurdians. He can't even eat earth. And if you think that New genesis is the only side that posesses that level of tech you haven't been paying attention. The Genesis box was nothing more than a mother box. DS has those lying around and father boxes. Also, I don't recall any gaurdians actually getting into the fight with DS. Do you? Please show me. And yes 2/3rds of thier troops may have died, as DS troops have no problem killing where as the GLC couldn't. That has changed.

I believe I'm the one to say OMG if you doesn't know what Cosmic Awarness means to a battle and yet you at the same time claims to know it by saying the Guardiens are having it.

Who would cry out load nvr if you said Yugah Khan against the heralds??? I think Yugah is at the same levels as Galactus so...

Please Nvr the reason Earth isn't eaten is because Galactus is still bound by his oath he renew to Reed after Reed saved him. So how many times have he tried to eat earth ... twice, and yet you claim that he cannot eat earth, Earth would have been eaten if Reed didn't got the UN in the first place and if the SS during the next confrontation choosed to became Galactus Herald.

Are you thinking about him waging a war against all the Proimal Gods and defeating them, the GLC against all of the Proimal Gods would most likely be squashed, if they tried to complete that task.

Maybe I haven't but isn't it a well know fact that Genesis posesses more advanced technology then Akropolis???

So what you are saying that the war they waged they tried to passify all of Akropolis???

nvrbeenwthagirl
I believe I'm the one to say OMG if you doesn't know what Cosmic Awarness means to a battle and yet you at the same time claims to know it by saying the Guardiens are having it.

Who would cry out load nvr if you said Yugah Khan against the heralds??? I think Yugah is at the same levels as Galactus so...

Please Nvr the reason Earth isn't eaten is because Galactus is still bound by his oath he renew to Reed after Reed saved him. So how many times have he tried to eat earth ... twice, and yet you claim that he cannot eat earth, Earth would have been eaten if Reed didn't got the UN in the first place and if the SS during the next confrontation choosed to became Galactus Herald.

Are you thinking about him waging a war against all the Proimal Gods and defeating them, the GLC against all of the Proimal Gods would most likely be squashed, if they tried to complete that task.

Maybe I haven't but isn't it a well know fact that Genesis posesses more advanced technology then Akropolis???

So what you are saying that the war they waged they tried to passify all of Akropolis???

First of all, If new genesis tech was superior to Apok, then New Gen could have stopped ares with the god wave. It was Apok that did the trick. And The Gaurdians were on a campaign to rid the cosmos of evil. They had to back down when trying to rid the universe of DS becuz The results would be disasterous to the universe. And i'm saying that even tho big g has cosmic awareness, He certainly doesn't use it like he should. And It's not like gaurdians wont' use thier same ability to find weakness in Big G. He burns energy like he's a freaking candle. Up and down, weak and strong blah blah.

Utrigita
First of all, If new genesis tech was superior to Apok, then New Gen could have stopped ares with the god wave. It was Apok that did the trick. And The Gaurdians were on a campaign to rid the cosmos of evil. They had to back down when trying to rid the universe of DS becuz The results would be disasterous to the universe. And i'm saying that even tho big g has cosmic awareness, He certainly doesn't use it like he should. And It's not like gaurdians wont' use thier same ability to find weakness in Big G. He burns energy like he's a freaking candle. Up and down, weak and strong blah blah.

More correct wasn't it Darkseid with Prep that did it??? Also that was just the impression I got since Akropolis have never been capable of defeating New Genesis a task that should be relative easy if they have superior tech shouldn't it???

I know they was but I never saw them held back, they seperated the MM people just to make sure they wouldn't present a threat and so forth and as You said yourself if they where trying to rid the universe of the Evil in it I am finding it hard to believe that they wouldn't kill in a effort to do this.

No he never does, and you know why because if he used it along with any other cosmic beings then there wouldn't be a need to write comics about them, because they already knew what was about to happen and with all respect for the Guardins I find it unlikely that they are having Cosmic Awarness on the same level as Galactus.

Burns energy like a candle??? He can go for months without feeding once he could go for century's without the need for more then one feeding, also most of Galactus most impressive feats are done while he is hungry ore otherwise not in fit shape.

Bentley
Originally posted by Bentley
Let me see... Odin is close to a Guardian in power, but the Destroyer armor infused with the power of asgardian did pretty much nothing against a single Celestial. Its is more or less accepted than Galactus can take on more than one Celestial at the time.

In my eyes this battles goes to Galactus.

Tony Stark
nah, more like:

yes

You are correct sir...

nvrbeenwthagirl
When Galactus stops being driven back by the likes of Thor let me know. I've never seen a gaurdian Bitched by a top tier.

Bentley
Its called a plot device, Galactus has an official plot weakness which is being hungry, this is cannon, accept this or stop discussing the character. This thread stipulates that Galactus is well fed, he will win this.

Besides, Galan uses the Ultimate Nullifier and the Corps are over.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Bentley
Besides, Galan uses the Ultimate Nullifier and the Corps are over.

They wouldn't even the corpses left stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.