Black Adam vs. Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

Nod
Question,

How fast is Orion? Like on the Marvel rating system.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Nod
Question,

How fast is Orion? Like on the Marvel rating system.

Orion has superspeed. The extent isn't ever said. But he's on panel moving so fast that he is nothing but a blur.

Endless Mike
Well his reflex speed is pretty good, he's able to dodge ambushes and lasers and even Omega Beams (with the astro force).

As for traveling speed, it's hard to say since he mostly uses Boom Tubes

Nod
Any estimates at all would be good.

Oh and thanks guys.

CaptainStoic
Does Orion fly under his own power now? I really haven't kept up with him for a while.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
But he's on panel moving so fast that he is nothing but a blur. That puts him up there with the greats like "Wolverine", and "Spider-Man".

CaptainStoic
I'm steering towards Black Adam on this one.

Endless Mike
I just found a nice speed feat for Orion: One second he's in Washington D.C. and then in a short moment (a few seconds) he flies to the Himalayas.

Also he tagged the Black Racer who was moving FTL

TricksterPriest
Orion is one of the few people who can honestly match Supes in a straight fight. And that's without using his harness or the AF.

BA is vicious and good at what he does, but he ain't winning this. Orion is in another league when it comes to battlefury.

Spetz did a couple of really good posts on this match.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=459127&highlight=userid%3A55774

CaptainStoic
I copied this from Spetz:

"Orion is a new God, the son of Darkseid, who was sent to New Genesis. Black Adam is a human being who was given the power attributes of 6 ancient deities (e.g. speed of Heru, power of Aton). He is basically a human being granted a boon ...in this case the boon is aspects of power from 6 deities when he utters the word Shazam. Orion has not been granted a boon ....he is a god."

Six Gods against one.
I'd lay odds on Black Adam. If Captain Marvel can stalemate Superman in an arm wrestling match, and Black Adam is a little stronger than Captain Marvel doesn't that make Black Adam Stronger than Orion? Lets not forget about how durable Adam is either. I've seen Orion scratched and battered by less than what Adam could give him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I copied this from Spetz:

"Orion is a new God, the son of Darkseid, who was sent to New Genesis. Black Adam is a human being who was given the power attributes of 6 ancient deities (e.g. speed of Heru, power of Aton). He is basically a human being granted a boon ...in this case the boon is aspects of power from 6 deities when he utters the word Shazam. Orion has not been granted a boon ....he is a god."

Six Gods against one.
I'd lay odds on Black Adam. If Captain Marvel can stalemate Superman in an arm wrestling match, and Black Adam is a little stronger than Captain Marvel doesn't that make Black Adam Stronger than Orion? Lets not forget about how durable Adam is either. I've seen Orion scratched and battered by less than what Adam could give him.

What makes you think Adam has the POWER of six gods? He has POWERS of six gods. A big difference. Each one contributing something. Now Orion has The AF and an MB.

Nod
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Orion is one of the few people who can honestly match Supes in a straight fight. And that's without using his harness or the AF.

BA is vicious and good at what he does, but he ain't winning this. Orion is in another league when it comes to battlefury.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=459127&highlight=userid%3A55774

Man Quanchi fails hard. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nod
Man Quanchi fails hard. laughing out loud Incorrect, Black Adam beats Orion its that simple. I still think Superman would beat him if they finished the fight.

Priest
BA

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
What makes you think Adam has the POWER of six gods? He has POWERS of six gods. A big difference. Each one contributing something. Now Orion has The AF and an MB. Didnt Orion go down to Firestorm?

Priest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Didnt Orion go down to Firestorm?
He went down on Firestorm? confused

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
He went down on Firestorm? confused He prolly would..... sick sick

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
That puts him up there with the greats like "Wolverine", and "Spider-Man". Well...... At least he can dodge bullets. ermmnone

lordboo
black adam ftw

D-Block
I'm going with Black Adam.

quanchi112
Originally posted by D-Block
I'm going with Black Adam. Then you are correct sir. The dog of war gets owned in this fight.

Peek
smile

batdude123
Then you are correct sir. The dog of war gets owned in this fight.

Not a chance in hell Orion gets "owned" here. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Not a chance in hell Orion gets "owned" here. smile Imo opinion Black Adam would lay into him. There would be no stalemating here.

Superherovandal
Orion owns him. Black can't permanantly do anything. Orion has a monster of a healing factor. Orion is a much better fighter. He's stronger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Orion owns him. Black can't permanantly do anything. Orion has a monster of a healing factor. Orion is a much better fighter. He's stronger. Uhm no. Orion isnt stronger than Adam. Where did you get that from?

Peek
Uhm no. Orion isnt stronger than Adam. Where did you get that from? Why do you say all these things that are very debatable like fact?

D-Block
Originally posted by batdude123
Not a chance in hell Orion gets "owned" here. smile

Agreed I don't think Orion would get owned IMO BA would win after a hell of a fight.

Superherovandal
not really considering BA was losing to Supes until he turned his back to him so that Supes would be forced to stop fighting. Orion always holds his own with Supes without any Astro Force or anything.

Peek
not really considering BA was losing to Supes until he turned his back to him so that Supes would be forced to stop fighting. Orion always holds his own with Supes without any Astro Force or anything. Not really.

BA didn't really want to fight.

Superman is above both IMO but they are both close to him.

Gecko4lif
w/ booms tubes ba... provided orion doesnt use the AF
w/o boomtubes... can you say rape?

Troop
Can't decide right now. Adam if he uses his speed.

starlock
Orion for the win

The Fake Macoy
I say Orion, with the Astro force he's a monster and even without it H2H he can at least stalemate supes.

Priest
BA.

Desaad
Orion.

Hand to hand it would be a good battle, with Orion's HUGE skill advantage making up for his HUGE speed disadvantage. I'm not sure who would win a strictly hand to hand battle.

But what gives Orion the edge is the Astro Force, which he has feared would kill Superman if he hit him directly, and which knocked Superman out with a single hit in another showing as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Desaad
Orion.

Hand to hand it would be a good battle, with Orion's HUGE skill advantage making up for his HUGE speed disadvantage. I'm not sure who would win a strictly hand to hand battle.

But what gives Orion the edge is the Astro Force, which he has feared would kill Superman if he hit him directly, and which knocked Superman out with a single hit in another showing as well. Thats if the astro force hits Superman.

Desaad
Thats if the astro force hits Superman.

Right. Orion hit Superman with it once, and it knocked him out. So clearly it can hit Superman.

In the other instance it DIDN'T have to hit Superman to stun him, as Orion carefully aimed AROUND him so as not to damage him too greatly. The force of the 'near misses' was enough to knock him for a very bad loop.

quanchi112
Right. Orion hit Superman with it once, and it knocked him out. So clearly it can hit Superman.

In the other instance it DIDN'T have to hit Superman to stun him, as Orion carefully aimed AROUND him so as not to damage him too greatly. The force of the 'near misses' was enough to knock him for a very bad loop. Wasnt that around the same time when a Ds backhand would knock the shit out of Supes.

Troop
Superman has gotten stronger over the years so older feats never should be used imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Troop
Superman has gotten stronger over the years so older feats never should be used imo. Agreed.

I dont know why people use the Orion almost ko'd Supes bit because they just recently squared off and it was dead even.

Ds used to beat Supes ass all over the place as well.

Orion and Supes would be one helluva matchup I think we all tend to agree but I give Supes a slight majority.

Troop
Due to his speed and possible strength advantage I agree.

But I am not sure how fast Orion is tbh.

zeel

couldnt disagree with ya more, i think orion can beat Ba in a fight but it goes both ways. Orinon has alot in common with BA , when they get pissed they both go ape shit.

And Black adam is also up to snuff with supes as far as strength , orion has no advantage there.

Would also like to point out supes has never beat Black adam in a fight they have alwasy been a draw and BA left the fight being the agressor most the time.

this fight is 50/50 in my book

psycho gundam
this would be a pretty badass brawl

zeel
not really considering BA was losing to Supes until he turned his back to him so that Supes would be forced to stop fighting. Orion always holds his own with Supes without any Astro Force or anything.

lol he wasnt loosing that fight BA did just as much dmg that supes did and if supes is to gullable to hit a killer from behind then hes a retard.

geesh fight fire with fire.

Ill be honest im a supes fan as well as a BA and CM fan

but one of the reason's BA has a fan base is hes mean and takes the initative. He does have a sense of honor but he fights fire with fire.

I have seen him actually demolish martian manhunter 2 times and spare him. Outta respect. Thats fine.

But supes? a cat falls outta tree and he risks his life to save it lol. I really think the writers need to make supes more agressive while maintaining his good nature. Supes wins most his fights but he'd win even more if he was willing to really take it to people.

Desaad
Originally posted by Troop
Superman has gotten stronger over the years so older feats never should be used imo.

I'm sorry, but there is just no way that is true.

Has he gotten stronger over the years? Undoubtedly.

But how MUCH stronger? Wonder Woman hasn't gotten any power ups, and she can STILL throw down with Superman. Green Lantern's can still knock him down and out with a single blow. Despero can still physically manhandle him. Captain Marvel is still his physical peer.

Superman's relative strength hasn't really increased much over time at all, despite the supposed power ups. He still has numerous peers, and Orion is one of them.

Desaad
Wasnt that around the same time when a Ds backhand would knock the shit out of Supes.

Yes.

Of course, a single backhand from Darkseid did the same during OWAW, when Superman was at his most powerful and most dedicated.

So this proves...nothing.

Desaad
Agreed.

I dont know why people use the Orion almost ko'd Supes bit because they just recently squared off and it was dead even.

Physically, absolutely.

We're talking about the Astro Force here.

Orion likewise faced off against a sun-amped Superman who was taking it to the entire league, Green Lantern Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman included, and stalemated him in hand to hand.

You're talking about Byrne Superman here, so I'm going to have to ask you to back this up; give me an example of Byrne Superman losing to Darkseid in hand to hand combat.

If you pick any version other than this version, you'd have to admit that it is an issue of writer portrayal rather than some self-consistent power-up method.

The problem with that, of course, is that you don't know enough about either to do so.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by zeel
couldnt disagree with ya more, i think orion can beat Ba in a fight but it goes both ways. Orinon has alot in common with BA , when they get pissed they both go ape shit.

And Black adam is also up to snuff with supes as far as strength , orion has no advantage there.

Would also like to point out supes has never beat Black adam in a fight they have alwasy been a draw and BA left the fight being the agressor most the time.

this fight is 50/50 in my book

Orion smashed up several of Darkseid's legion on Apokolips during one of his rages. Something I don't believe Adam can do.

2nd, Orion has a great healing factor, and a motherbox that boosts his power. And unlike BA, he's greater potential for amping.

3rd, Orion actually uses battle tactics and is far more intelligent than BA.

To paraphrase Spetz, this is a case of the divinely blessed, versus actual divinity.

Bouboumaster
Orion win 7/10.

But Black Adam is so cooler...

zeel
Orion smashed up several of Darkseid's legion on Apokolips during one of his rages. Something I don't believe Adam can do.

2nd, Orion has a great healing factor, and a motherbox that boosts his power. And unlike BA, he's greater potential for amping.

3rd, Orion actually uses battle tactics and is far more intelligent than BA.

To paraphrase Spetz, this is a case of the divinely blessed, versus actual divinity.
I dont disputet the fact orion can beat BA, it can go both ways.

Ba has taken on wonderwoman fully decked out along with martian manhunter wonder girl etc all at the same time and spanked them all,

BA and orion have proved on many occasions to be the toughest of the best .

could go either way.

as far as orion being more intelligent thats a load of crap.

Troop
I'm sorry, but there is just no way that is true.

Has he gotten stronger over the years? Undoubtedly.

But how MUCH stronger? Wonder Woman hasn't gotten any power ups, and she can STILL throw down with Superman. Green Lantern's can still knock him down and out with a single blow. Despero can still physically manhandle him. Captain Marvel is still his physical peer.

Superman's relative strength hasn't really increased much over time at all, despite the supposed power ups. He still has numerous peers, and Orion is one of them. Throw down with him sure, but then theres another fight with WW where he easily handles her.

Cerpin Taxt
Black Adam

Wolverine2006
Black Adam 7/10

applelips
theyre making a movie of black adam. arnold schwartenager plays him. in it he faces off with batman. batman supposedly gets ripped limb from limb then pooed on but spiderman uses his webbing to glue him back together and tie him up so doomsday can repeatedly kick him in the nuts. i dont know if this rumor is true or not but if it is it would be easily my favorite movie. oh ya orion makes friends w/ batman and joins him getting his nuts kicked.

Barbarian Shams
That movie does not exist and the moron who posted it obviously is unaware that Black Adam will be played by The Rock in the upcoming live-action Shazam movie due out next year. Anyhow, Orion fully enraged would kill both Supes and BA either individually or one on one. You don't wanna make Orion go berserk cause it will be the last mistake anyone will make. Orion takes it 8/10.

Wolverine2006
I don't think even a beserk Orion would get the majority against Black Adam.

quanchi112
Yes.

Of course, a single backhand from Darkseid did the same during OWAW, when Superman was at his most powerful and most dedicated.

So this proves...nothing. Uhm where have you been recently. I dont care what you say but since then we have apokolips now,the loeb story. We have another Batman/Superman story. Didnt they also stalemate at the end of our worlds at war? In countdown three they looked equal. So if you are trying to say nothing has changed in the minds of the writers then you obviously havent been reading anything in the past couple of years.

quanchi112
Physically, absolutely.

We're talking about the Astro Force here.

Orion likewise faced off against a sun-amped Superman who was taking it to the entire league, Green Lantern Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman included, and stalemated him in hand to hand.

You're talking about Byrne Superman here, so I'm going to have to ask you to back this up; give me an example of Byrne Superman losing to Darkseid in hand to hand combat.

If you pick any version other than this version, you'd have to admit that it is an issue of writer portrayal rather than some self-consistent power-up method.

The problem with that, of course, is that you don't know enough about either to do so. Orion recently faced off against Superman in dong and it looked dead even.

I dont pay attention to who writes what in comics.

applelips
Originally posted by Barbarian Shams
That movie does not exist and the moron who posted it obviously is unaware that Black Adam will be played by The Rock in the upcoming live-action Shazam movie due out next year. Anyhow, Orion fully enraged would kill both Supes and BA either individually or one on one. You don't wanna make Orion go berserk cause it will be the last mistake anyone will make. Orion takes it 8/10. hopefully you really didnt think i was snerious about that. since i was obviously making a statement about my dislike of batman and at the same time trying to get a laugh at the same time as show my utter ignorance when it comes to these two characters... if your still unclear THAT POST WAS MADE UP NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY...

applelips
also the movie will have sonic the hedgehog, wolverine, garfield, captain planet, shinobi, darth vader, and shaqiel oniel guest appearing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.