Superman 1M vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Since my last "vs" thread was consiiderably unblanced I figured Id make it more even. So both dudes are in top form (No IG) and they fight on earth.....who wins?

nvrbeenwthagirl
SM1 is still poweful enought to hold back half a galaxy with just his force vision. While weak, he punched thru the time stream.

Inhuman
Does Thanos get a Cosmic Space gas station?

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
SM1 is still poweful enought to hold back half a galaxy with just his force vision. While weak, he punched thru the time stream. Wasnt that with tech?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wasnt that with tech?

Said tech only pinpointed where he needed to go. The rest was all him.

Thanos is ****ed.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
SM1 is still poweful enought to hold back half a galaxy with just his force vision. While weak, he punched thru the time stream.
Was a whole galaxy if I remember correctly...one that was speeding towards their own.

tjcoady
The One Million characters just don't have enough feats to be properly categorized.

But I think it's pretty clear Supes takes this one.

Violent2Dope
You call this thread even!? What the f**k?

King Kandy
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Was a whole galaxy if I remember correctly...one that was speeding towards their own.
Yeah, but he only did half the work of slowing it down.

Galan007
Originally posted by tjcoady
The One Million characters just don't have enough feats to be properly categorized.

But I think it's pretty clear Supes takes this one. This post was confusing.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Galan007
This post was confusing.

Sorry, let me clarify. Didn't intend it to be difficult to understand.

Basically, in my opinion, the DC One Million characters really have not been seen enough for us to really make judgments on how powerful they are; I haven't seen enough from say, Martian Manhunter One Million to be able to say if I think he could beat say... the Phoenix. Which makes sense, it's a mini- there aren't that many showings to draw upon to guess the character's "place" in the overall comic book power hierarchy.

But in this case, I think we do know enough about Superman One Million to make an educated guess that he's more powerful than Thanos. I wouldn't be willing to say he could beat say, Galactus, however. I feel like I just don't have enough information.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Said tech only pinpointed where he needed to go. The rest was all him.

Thanos is ****ed. Still tech was involved. smile

Galan007
Still tech was involved. It still didn't aide Supes in physically punching through the fabric of time itself, while drastically weakened. smile

quanchi112
It still didn't aide Supes in physically punching through the fabric of time itself, while drastically weakened. smile Post the scan. Let me read it for myself.

Galan007
Post the scan. Let me read it for myself. Poor quality, but yeah:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1999/sm13wf3.th.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3766/sm14xj5.th.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4680/sm15jz8.th.jpg

quanchi112
Poor quality, but yeah:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1999/sm13wf3.th.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3766/sm14xj5.th.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4680/sm15jz8.th.jpg Didnt Hour man and those other characters help him.

Galan007
Didnt Hour man and those other characters help him. Help him punch through time, while weak? Not at all.

horrorwolf
According to Hourman, The others helped...or he would not have made it....

But this is due to how far back he went, not his ability to break the time barrier.

iceman24567
Superman wins.

quanchi112
Help him punch through time, while weak? Not at all. Then you disregard the whole line where hourman says with our help he can.

Galan007
Originally posted by horrorwolf
According to Hourman, The others helped. According to Galan, who's actually read the story -- No help was given. smile

Estacado
Who the f*ck is Galan?uhuh

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
Who the f*ck is Galan?uhuh Some b*tch.

He's not to be trusted.

tjcoady
and even if help WAS given, this is a severely, severely weakened version of Superman One Million- I'm not willing to dig out the comic, but someone who has it on hand, isn't it mentioned how he barely has a 1/100 of his normal power? Something along those lines. So even if Supes One Million was being MATCHED in power by help, punching through the time barrier in his weakened state is still an extraordinary feat.

And I'm not willing to concede that he was being helped.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by tjcoady
and even if help WAS given, this is a severely, severely weakened version of Superman One Million- I'm not willing to dig out the comic, but someone who has it on hand, isn't it mentioned how he barely has a 1/100 of his normal power? Something along those lines. So even if Supes One Million was being MATCHED in power by help, punching through the time barrier in his weakened state is still an extraordinary feat.

And I'm not willing to concede that he was being helped.

True this is a feat, but what does it necessarily imply?

Superman is strong? Fast? both? what?

Flash could probably do the same and he lacks Superman1m's strength, so whats does this relate to? speed? strength? or both? No one knows.

Therefore its a feat that doesnt really imply anything concrete in a versus battle, other than being an amazing one....and showing that Supes was able can channel body energy to timetravel at a point where he was surrounded by another person with timeshifting ability who claims he helped.

quanchi112
According to Galan, who's actually read the story -- No help was given. smile Doesnt Hourmans powers have to do with time....didnt he say he could accomplish this with their help. smile

horrorwolf
Doesnt Hourmans powers have to do with time....didnt he say he could accomplish this with their help. smile

Exactly my point. They are taking a feat based on surrounding characters and trying to imply something.... but WHAT exactly?

Galan007
Doesnt Hourmans powers have to do with time....didnt he say he could accomplish this with their help. smile Yet, did you see him do anything?

Saying is one thing..... Doing is another. smile

quanchi112
Exactly my point. They are taking a feat based on surrounding characters and trying to imply something.... but WHAT exactly? I know...I mean why the hell would hourman say that shit?

quanchi112
Yet, did you see him do anything?

Saying is one thing..... Doing is another. smile He obviously helped him. smile

Superman couldnt do this on his own Im glad you posted the scans.

horrorwolf
I know...I mean why the hell would hourman say that shit?

Because the writers wanted us to know how this was possible for Superman to do. Sadly, not for fanboys to think the Superman can go around punching holes in time at will.

sad

They had Hourman say that to show what was going on.

Galan007
Superman couldnt do this on his own How odd that in the scans, we see him doing so. smile

quanchi112
How odd that in the scans, we see him doing so. smile Hour man agreed Superman couldnt do it on his own and had their help.

You calling Hourman a liar? You saying he doesnt know jackshit about time? laughing

quanchi112
Because the writers wanted us to know how this was possible for Superman to do. Sadly, not for fanboys to think the Superman can go around punching holes in time at will.

sad

They had Hourman say that to show what was going on. I know thats what most on here want you to believe that he can do it with ease and whenever he wants. He had help and almost died. laughing

horrorwolf
I know thats what most on here want you to believe that he can do it with ease and whenever he wants. He had help and almost died. laughing

True, its because a character who can punch holes in time at will....whether in comics or any plot driven story would be horribly lame. They countered this by using Hourman in this case to propose as a limit....and to show this is not an everyday type of event, dispite how powerful Superman is.

Estacado
Though Thanos could have done it with ease even in a weakened state!

Galan007
Hour man agreed Superman couldnt do it on his own and had their help.

You calling Hourman a liar? You saying he doesnt know jackshit about time? laughing lulz.

Because we saw Hourman doing so much, eh?

My suggestion...

Get off Thanos' purple bone, and wise up a little bit. smile

-Toodles. smile

quanchi112
lulz.

Because we saw Hourman doing so much, eh?

My suggestion...

Get off Thanos' purple bone, and wise up a little bit. smile

-Toodles. smile Listen its plain to see from the scans you provided. I mean its stated in the comic and hourman's powers have to do wit ya know ...time. Galan Im surprised you are fightng this when you know Im right.

quanchi112
True, its because a character who can punch holes in time at will....whether in comics or any plot driven story would be horribly lame. They countered this by using Hourman in this case to propose as a limit....and to show this is not an everyday type of event, dispite how powerful Superman is. Galan would have you believe Superman can punch through time whenever he deems fit to do so.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Though Thanos could have done it with ease even in a weakened state! Thanos controlled time with the time gem. Only fools almost kill themselves trying to bust through time. stick out tongue

The Great Galen
Well under his own power, Thanos could not duplicate and of Supes 1M feats. Even if he was assisted, supes was weaker then usual so i dont. Im not saying this implies that he could punch through time normally, but its just something interesting to note. Regardless though Thanos still loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.