Wrecker vs thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
who wins.

full power wrecker.

Citizen V
Wrecker.

Crowbar ftw.

Battlehammer
what a dumb weapon lol

Citizen V
Eh, if somebody gave me a crowbar that gave me magical powers, I'd carry it around.

Heck, I'd carry a dildo around if it gave me magical powers.

Battlehammer
lol the crow bar doesent give him magicall powers it was explain that he gives the crow bar the powers

Battlehammer
though I agree if a didlo gave me magical powers I would carry it around hell I tape it to my head.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Battlehammer
lol the crow bar doesent give him magicall powers it was explain that he gives the crow bar the powers

I know, that's just the easiest way I could break it down.

though I agree if a didlo gave me magical powers I would carry it around hell I tape it to my head.

I don't know about taping it to my head. ermm

Battlehammer
lol

you simply look like quail man

Tony Stark
who wins.

full power wrecker.

Ben has beaten a full powered Wrecker at least 2 times where as Wrecker has 0 wins against Ben.

One of the times Ben was drunk off his ass.

Wrecker was spouting off about "I've beaten THOR and blah...blah...blah..." And Ben said "I don't give a *bleep*" and then he proceeded to beat Wrecker's ass down for the K.O.

Ben for the win again.

wink

Citizen V
In a comic? Sure.

On KMC? Nah.

Tony Stark

That would be unlike any other day why?

Oh yeah the magicial powers...right...right...

Happy Dance

Battlehammer
your so funny.................

funny how you think thing beating a drunk wrecker means he will beat a normal wrecker............

you do realize it quite easy to beat the hell out of some one whos shit faced right?

Tony Stark
your so funny.................

funny how you think thing beating a drunk wrecker means he will beat a normal wrecker............

you do realize it quite easy to beat the hell out of some one whos shit faced right?

confused

You FAIL in toooooooo many ways to count with that last one thimble...

Read the post. It says that "BEN" was drunk off his ass.. Not The Wrecker. But you were correct about something it "should be easier to beat someone when their drunk...But that advantage didn't help The Wrecker any.

Battlehammer
why post a picture of wolverine in a thing vs wrecker debate.

what issue did this fight happen in? why do I have a feeling it was power share wrecker makign the fight irrelevent.

Mr. Slippyfist
why post a picture of wolverine in a thing vs wrecker debate. Because he's half retarded...

DigiMark007
lol

you simply look like quail man

But with a dildo.

ermm

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Because he's half retarded...

thats what I was thinking.

Priest
Thing gets pwned

tkitna
Thing loses

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Because he's half retarded...

Even if that was true, At least I wouldn't be full-fledged retards like you two fanboys (Ms.Slipperywhenwet and Battlethimble)

Although I did make a mistake FF 355 is when Ben one shotted a FULL powered Wrecker after taking quite a beating himself... He wasn't drunk... He was just depressed, while walking around and thinking of his childhood in Yancy and him missing his deceased brother.

Again Ben for the win... wink

Soljer
Wrecker wins.

Grimm22
Bendis Wrecker: Thing wins

Real Wrecker: Wrecker wins majority

(Wow its been a while since i've posted here hasn't it?)

CaptainStoic
If fighting experience has anything to do with this fight I'd say The Thing has him by a fair margin. Ben was after all the Unlimited Wrestling heavy weight Champion of the World. Leverage means alot when two guys of this caliber square off.

King_Mungi
Eh? Thing didn't one shot Wrecker in FF #355, that's a lie

snoopdogg
I'm gong with Ben Grimm here. Wrecker is a Thor-lite and then some.

King_Mungi
Also to note FF #355 is set before the events in Thor #418, meaning before his upgrade by Ulik and before he didn't lose his power sharing with the Crew.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I'm gong with Ben Grimm here. Wrecker is a Thor-lite and then some.

If this is truely full power Wrecker he can wave his hand and banish Thing to a different dimension or hit him with energy blasts that can rip open reality.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Eh? Thing didn't one shot Wrecker in FF #355, that's a lie

confused

Really I'm looking right at it...How many punches in secession did Ben use to knock his ass out...? Hmmmmm... The answer is one, my friend. The Wrecker hit Ben 11 times on panel then Ben hit him once and KO'd him. Ben crushed his hand made him drop his bar then hit him with a right hook for the win. Ben hit him twice much earlier in the fight then The Wrecker beat on Ben repeatedly (like I said 11 times in a row) with his bar and fists. Then Ben "ONE" shotted him. I'd say read it again if you still disagree. I'm right. wink

Tony Stark
Also to note FF #355 is set before the events in Thor #418, meaning before his upgrade by Ulik and before he didn't lose his power sharing with the Crew.

If this is truely full power Wrecker he can wave his hand and banish Thing to a different dimension or hit him with energy blasts that can rip open reality.

Just like THOR, The Wrecker likes to duke it out instead of BFRing everyone, he likes to test his "metal" stick out tongue and get hands on with a foe.

And the crew wasn't there, so he wasn't sharing his power i.e. full powered.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Really I'm looking right at it...How many punches in secession did Ben use to knock his ass out...? Hmmmmm... The answer is one, my friend. The Wrecker hit Ben 11 times on panel then Ben hit him once and KO'd him. Ben crushed his hand made him drop his bar then hit him with a right hook for the win. Ben hit him twice much earlier in the fight then The Wrecker beat on Ben repeatedly (like I said 11 times in a row) with his bar and fists. Then Ben "ONE" shotted him. I'd say read it again if you still disagree. I'm right. wink

I posted the scans in the Wrecking Crew respect thread I know what I'm talking about. Now your taking things out of context as it wasn't just one punch Thing landed as they fought for quite some time and in the end a hit knocked him out but that does not mean one punch knockout. As a "real" one punch knockout is literally just that....one punch. Yet they exchanged several blows, and Wrecker was getting the better of him easily in that battle until he got over-confident. Your implying Thing dominated the fight, which he didn't

Thing even admits Wrecker could have killed him with a few more shots, but he got over-confident and carless which allowed Thing to grab him. Plus that was Wrecker pre-upgrade and he was destroying Thing

Just like THOR, The Wrecker likes to duke it out instead of BFRing everyone, he likes to test his "metal" stick out tongue and get hands on with a foe.

And the crew wasn't there, so he wasn't sharing his power i.e. full powered.

And Classic Wrecker said said to be stronger then Thor, so really it's not looking good for Ben in the least

Actually he was still sharing as next apperance of Wrecker the Crew breaks him out of prison while he was being trained by Ulik and they still have their powers.

Jonathanos
And Classic Wrecker said said to be stronger then Thor

Who was not at full strength.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Jonathanos
Who was not at full strength.

Correct as his god abilities were removed such as his durability & stamina; but it still said Thor possessed his full strength and was still said to be "immeasurable"

Tony Stark
I posted the scans in the Wrecking Crew respect thread I know what I'm talking about. Now your taking things out of context as it wasn't just one punch Thing landed as they fought for quite some time and in the end a hit knocked him out but that does not mean one punch knockout. As a "real" one punch knockout is literally just that....one punch. Yet they exchanged several blows, and Wrecker was getting the better of him easily in that battle until he got over-confident. Your implying Thing dominated the fight, which he didn't

Thing even admits Wrecker could have killed him with a few more shots, but he got over-confident and carless which allowed Thing to grab him. Plus that was Wrecker pre-upgrade and he was destroying Thing

And Classic Wrecker said said to be stronger then Thor, so really it's not looking good for Ben in the least

Actually he was still sharing as next apperance of Wrecker the Crew breaks him out of prison while he was being trained by Ulik and they still have their powers.

confused

Mungi your usually much better than this... Ben hit him a "TOTAL" of 3 times. Twice in the at the very start of the fight, then the third time was the KO right hook to obviously end the fight. Unless your saying that The Wrecker's endurance and durability is so bad that even 10-15 min later he was still rocked by Ben's first 2 blows (psst...he says other wise and he had 11 on panel shot s on Ben after Ben's 2). IMO Ben's KO punch is considered a one shot because the KO "WAS NOT" because of an accumulation of punches, but from just one hay-maker.

And Ben most definitely did say that a couple more shots by The Wrecker may have killed him because that's what he was trying to do was kill Ben. So every THOR-like blow was with the gravest intentions. Still he couldn't get the job done. If you actually did read FF #355 you would also know that Thunderball was already out of jail and being hidden in witness protection program until his time to testify in court against The Wrecker and that Dirk was actually trying to kill Thunderball and ran into Ben. Thunderball was taken away by the authorities.

And FTR the crew only shares powers with each other if they are within a certain proximity of the bar. If none of them are around, The Wrecker has the full-power. As was the case with this THING vs. Wrecker confrontation.

Hence Ben > Non-power sharing Wrecker. And Ben did one shot him.

By the way this comic and fight was almost 20 yrs ago. Ben was CL85 and is now a mid CL100.

wink

snoopdogg
I didn't know Wrecker was stronger than Thor. I always though he was Class 50 according to his handbook ratings.

Wonder Man
Wrecker.
What's the difference between Abomination and Hulk...Abomination is stronger. And...the difference between Thor and Wrecker...Wrecker is stronger.
NO FIGHT.

Jonathanos
Correct as his god abilities were removed such as his durability & stamina; but it still said Thor possessed his full strength and was still said to be "immeasurable"

When Loki and Thor fought, Loki said that Thor no longer has the strength advantage.

Thor lacking the durability and stamina of a god was the key to his defeat at the hands of the Wrecker as these scans from your thread show.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-03.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-07.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-12.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-14.jpg

Wrecker was more powerful and possibly stronger than mortal Thor, whose durability and stamina were way below normal and whose strength was compared to Loki's.

King_Mungi
confused

Mungi your usually much better than this... Ben hit him a "TOTAL" of 3 times. Twice in the at the very start of the fight, then the third time was the KO right hook to obviously end the fight. Unless your saying that The Wrecker's endurance and durability is so bad that even 10-15 min later he was still rocked by Ben's first 2 blows (psst...he says other wise and he had 11 on panel shot s on Ben after Ben's 2). IMO Ben's KO punch is considered a one shot because the KO "WAS NOT" because of an accumulation of punches, but from just one hay-maker.

And Ben most definitely did say that a couple more shots by The Wrecker may have killed him because that's what he was trying to do was kill Ben. So every THOR-like blow was with the gravest intentions. Still he couldn't get the job done. If you actually did read FF #355 you would also know that Thunderball was already out of jail and being hidden in witness protection program until his time to testify in court against The Wrecker and that Dirk was actually trying to kill Thunderball and ran into Ben. Thunderball was taken away by the authorities.

And FTR the crew only shares powers with each other if they are within a certain proximity of the bar. If none of them are around, The Wrecker has the full-power. As was the case with this THING vs. Wrecker confrontation.

Hence Ben > Non-power sharing Wrecker. And Ben did one shot him.

By the way this comic and fight was almost 20 yrs ago. Ben was CL85 and is now a mid CL100.

wink

No you said it was a one-shot fight, that's not a true one-shot victory. As that's like saying a boxing match that goes for 10 rounds is a one-shot fight as in the 10 round the boxer got ko'ed with a single right. That's false. No his stamina and durability is completly fine as in the past not including Thor #148 he has shrugged off blows from Thor.

So as the fight shown Thing was LOSING the entire fight, and he nearly killed Thing even mentioned by Thing's own words and what saved him was Wrecker got carless and over-confident. You even said Thing was drunk then depressed about Yancy Street, but he got angry that the Wrecker killed the boy. So don't tell me I havn't read the issue. Hell I posted the exact scans in the respect thread. So yes I know Thunderball was in his metal chamber and running from Wrecker.

Not true as years Piledriver & Thunderball have had their own solo adventures far away from Wrecker and they still retained their powers. They don't become completly depowered when not near the bar as in Thor #416 they were fully charged and Wrecker was locked up for quite some time.

No now this is a "True" one-shot on Hulk. What Thing did was win a hard fight which he was on the losing side of for most of it

1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_04.jpg
2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_05.jpg

Proof that Thing has became class 100 now?

I didn't know Wrecker was stronger than Thor. I always though he was Class 50 according to his handbook ratings.

Handbooks are often wrong they even say the other Wrecking Crew members are merely class 10

When Loki and Thor fought, Loki said that Thor no longer has the strength advantage.

Thor lacking the durability and stamina of a god was the key to his defeat at the hands of the Wrecker as these scans from your thread show.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-03.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-07.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-12.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor149-14.jpg

Wrecker was more powerful and possibly stronger than mortal Thor, whose durability and stamina were way below normal and whose strength was compared to Loki's.

It even explained it in the issue, Thor had the strength but couldn't keep up with the likes of Wrecker or Loki as his stamina faltered. However, it said Wrecker was physically stronger not overall stronger until later when Thor began to falter. As before Thor's stamina and durability began to faid he was shurgging off Thor's blows like nothing. It definetly wasn't a fair fight even mention in the respect thread Thor was weakened, but was interesting to note they said he was phyiscally stronger then Thor before the faltering.

Yes I know my own scans

guy222
Ben beats current Wrecker

King_Mungi
Anyways this will be my last post for awhile, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all

Originally posted by guy222
Ben beats current Wrecker

I'd agree to that as he just lost to Cage in New Avengers, which like you know is comical as last time they fought Wrecker was taking on him and the rest of the New Avengers and winning.

Funny how their beasts in Omega Flight, then the next apperance in New Avengers what seems to be lower then class 10

Jonathanos
It even explained it in the issue, Thor had the strength but couldn't keep up with the likes of Wrecker or Loki as his stamina faltered. However, it said Wrecker was physically stronger not overall stronger until later when Thor began to falter. As before Thor's stamina and durability began to faid he was shurgging off Thor's blows like nothing. It definetly wasn't a fair fight even mention in the respect thread Thor was weakened, but was interesting to note they said he was phyiscally stronger then Thor before the faltering.

Yes I know my own scans

Where was he claimed to be stronger before Thor had begun to tire?

And even so, Thor's physical strength was said to have been reduced during the fight between Loki.

King_Mungi
Last post

Where was he claimed to be stronger before Thor had begun to tire?

And even so, Thor's physical strength was said to have been reduced during the fight between Loki.

Right off the bat, the very start of the fight

Still said to be immeasurable in the Wrecker vs. Thor fight *shrugs*

Jonathanos
Right off the bat, the very start of the fight

Still said to be immeasurable in the Wrecker vs. Thor fight *shrugs*

His strength being said to be immeasurable doesn't mean anything more than "he's really strong." If Loki is now able to match Thor's physical strength, then Thor's strength has been reduced.

1. Thor says his strength can't match enchantment.
2. Thor says Wrecker's enchantment provides protection his own mortal body lacks.
3. Wrecker says Thor's muscles can't save him from enchantment.
4. Thor's strength can't match Wrecker's immortal power.
5. Thor can be hurt; Wrecker can't.
6. Fatigue takes its toll on Thor.

When Thor rejoins the fight, he is said to be batter, bruised, sore, and aching. It's after this that Wrecker claims his strength is "now far greater" than Thor's.

Is there a page before these that says Wrecker is stronger than mortal Thor?

Clobberin Time!
Thing clobbers this Thor wannabe.

Again.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Clobberin Time!
Thing clobbers this Thor wannabe.

Again.

laughing

Are you ever wrong?

Clobberin Time!
laughing

Are you ever wrong? Well you won't see me in a Thing vs Superman thread or Thor. But when I think he wins I jump in. He's already beat this guy like twice.

King_Mungi
He's already beat this guy like twice.

Twice?

Clobberin Time!
Twice? Three times?

King_Mungi
Three times?

No I'm actually serious asking, when was the second time? I don't recall.

Clobberin Time!
I know he kayoed him in FF #355. And another when he was power-sharing(I think) and wacked him with a girder or something. Maybe Tony Stark can oblige us.

King_Mungi
I know he kayoed him in FF #355. And another when he was power-sharing(I think) and wacked him with a girder or something. Maybe Tony Stark can oblige us.

I know about #355, but I can't remember the second time. I'll check my Fantastic 4 back issues.

severance
didn't wrecker k.o. savage hulk? He also ripped through colosus armour. Thing may have beaten him but i don't think he can do it every time.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by severance
didn't wrecker k.o. savage hulk?

Yes, with one punch

Faceman
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/paladin_04/MarvelLegendsUK072007C2CSnipeIt-DCP.jpg

King_Mungi
Meh! Thor was bloodlusted several times against Wrecker and they practically stalemated before.

severance
Yes, with one punch

and yet handbook quotes him as being class 4o. handbooks are sh!te

Battlehammer
laughing

Are you ever wrong?

...................yes he is...........he was wrong with that statement you just quoted..........

snoopdogg
Yes, with one punch Wrecker kayoed Hulk with a punch?

I gotta see this. I thought he used the crowbar.

King_Mungi
Wrecker kayoed Hulk with a punch?

I gotta see this. I thought he used the crowbar.

Sorry meant hit, yes it was a crowbar

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_04.jpg

Batroc
Originally posted by severance
and yet handbook quotes him as being class 4o. handbooks are sh!te

Stupid handbooks.
And unfortunately, some writers seem to use them as reference. For example, in the early-mid 80's the Wrecking Crew were listed as Class 10, and so in Secret Wars, which came out soon after the handbook, the Crew were completely useless. Bulldozer got punched out by Spidey!
Since then they've been 'upgraded', but only back to level they were before.

If this was Kirby Wrecker, he'd beat the Thing 9/10.
80's Wrecker loses 8/10
Current Wrecker ??? He loses based on his most recent appearance, but taking into account all his recent showings, I'd say it's pretty even, with a slight majority to Ben.

Horrificus
Ben has beaten a full powered Wrecker at least 2 times where as Wrecker has 0 wins against Ben.

One of the times Ben was drunk off his ass.

Wrecker was spouting off about "I've beaten THOR and blah...blah...blah..." And Ben said "I don't give a *bleep*" and then he proceeded to beat Wrecker's ass down for the K.O.

Ben for the win again.

wink Maybe Ben is more powerful when drunk!
I can't remember the last time poor Ben won a fight.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Horrificus
Maybe Ben is more powerful when drunk!
I can't remember the last time poor Ben won a fight.

I think that it was the last time you got laid...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.