Favourite Megaman Game and Boss ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
FIrst off, you have to put the X's and regular Mega mans in seperate categorys. For the regulars, it has to be mega man 2...For the X's I'm going to say mega man X2...The music that game was amazing. Especially that stretch ostrich stage...I would leave the game on listening to that shit sometimes...

As for favourite boss...I've always been quite fond of Sigma from the X series. But from the original mega mans, I might say flash man because he was so easy...But on the fear scale, I would say woodman. The way he pounded his chest before he fought you definitely made an impact on your playing ability....

Neo Darkhalen
Megaman 1, 2, 3, 7 and powered up favorite classic series.

Favorite bosses has to be Yellow Devil, every Robot master from those games bar, Junkman, topman, other favorite bosses are Dr. Wily and Protoman (breakman)

Great game music from the classic series.

And on the topic of Woodman, I still belive much more fun came out of Bubbleman. laughing out loud

ESB -1138
Sigma from any X game is my favorite boss battle.

Classic NES
The Megaman Killers.

ragesRemorse
The one where i fought the same boss, only with different colors as the rest.

((The_Anomaly))
Megaman X1 is my favorite Megaman game by far.

leonheartmm
x8, sigma and lumine

Neo Darkhalen
Classic Megaman leaves X in the dust.

Impediment
Mega Man 2 is the single best MM game ever.

The best MM 2 boss is definitely Crash Man.

Neo Darkhalen
MM 1, 2, 3, 7

Powered up the remake of Megaman 1, is probibly the best MM game I have played.

MM2 the best bosses has to be Heatman, Metalman, Airman and Quickman, Crashman.

kodak
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sigma from any X game is my favorite boss battle. thumb up

Shadow Spider
Favorite Megaman- Megaman Legends 1/2
Favorite Boss- Magma Dragoon from X4

Neo Darkhalen
Yellow Devil.

Violent2Dope
Game? Not sure. My favorite boss is easily Sigma.

Neo Darkhalen
Dr. Wily is by far the best Megaman boss.

Thunder Fox
Mega Man Zero 3 and the Boss Omega both forms

DigiMark007
MegaMan 2. Doc Wiley.

Why? Here's why.

cool

Have your sound on.

I really just need to post this as many places as possible. It took days of solid work. And yes, it's all me (and midi percussion)....I'm just recorded and overlapped about 25 times.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Classic Megaman leaves X in the dust.
Are you kidding? X's gameplay and plot is a million times better then Classic.

My favorite game is Command Mission and my favorite boss is Maverick/Awakened Zero from X5.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by King Kandy
Are you kidding? X's gameplay and plot is a million times better then Classic.

My favorite game is Command Mission and my favorite boss is Maverick/Awakened Zero from X5.

Classic is better then X, way better, Robot masters are better then Mavericks, the characters are better, the stages are better, the music is better; without classic you would not have X.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
FIrst off, you have to put the X's and regular Mega mans in seperate categorys. For the regulars, it has to be mega man 2...For the X's I'm going to say mega man X2...The music that game was amazing. Especially that stretch ostrich stage...I would leave the game on listening to that shit sometimes...

As for favourite boss...I've always been quite fond of Sigma from the X series. But from the original mega mans, I might say flash man because he was so easy...But on the fear scale, I would say woodman. The way he pounded his chest before he fought you definitely made an impact on your playing ability....

Megaman X 3, Kraizer Sigma. I loved that battle. Also liked when they brought it back in X... 7? Didn't like the game much, but I did like the battle. Plus every time I have fought Vile, It's like fighting Boba Fett.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by DigiMark007
MegaMan 2. Doc Wiley.

Why? Here's why.

cool

Have your sound on.

I really just need to post this as many places as possible. It took days of solid work. And yes, it's all me (and midi percussion)....I'm just recorded and overlapped about 25 times.

Good game but his name is Dr. Wily

Megaman 2 Wily stage 1, boss meta-dragon.

BTW that was awsome thumb up

HueyFreeman
2 by far. Favorte boss Quickman and Metalman especially fighting metal man on the harder mode with a quarter of a tank left. At that point you really have to watch and dodge the spheres which makes it fun. The wily hologram was cool too. You know when I was 5 I used to think Wily turned into an alien. It was'nt until I played the game again years later did I realize it was a hologram.

Neo Darkhalen
Metalman was easy on anymode.

Megaman 1-3 and 7 were the best Megaman games of all time.

HueyFreeman
Metalman was easy on anymode.

Megaman 1-3 and 7 were the best Megaman games of all time. I didn't really like seven as much as the others. They had memorable songs but not on the level of the first 3.

DigiMark007
Good game but his name is Dr. Wily

Megaman 2 Wily stage 1, boss meta-dragon.

BTW that was awsome thumb up

Damn.

But thanks. I'm doing more music from that game, since it was my favorite. But that particular "ballad" was one of the most complex, so I decided to tackle it first.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Damn.

But thanks. I'm doing more music from that game, since it was my favorite. But that particular "ballad" was one of the most complex, so I decided to tackle it first.

That (Wily stage 1) is the best track of the entire game, I believe you did well on it.

DigiMark007
That (Wily stage 1) is the best track of the entire game, I believe you did well on it.

A couple parts are sloppy because I was learning the music quickly, but it came together well. It was really a test run of a lot of things....my new microphone setup, the music editing program I used to mix it, etc. So the results are pleasing to say the least, considering how little I knew about it all going into it.

The hardest stuff was actually the base chords since I had to maintain running sixteenth notes through pretty much the whole thing. Staying in time with teh beat was a b*tch.

And that's obviously a modified version of the Wily theme. But I think it jazzed it up nicely. And yeah, it's clearly the coolest in the game.

Neo Darkhalen
I think you did good, it is very fast paced and it has a variety of different tones; to copy that version is rather difficult, just for it's speed and variety of tones that change almost constantly.

Mister White
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sigma from any X game is my favorite boss battle.

I agree. Sigma is awesome.

King Kandy
Classic is better then X, way better, Robot masters are better then Mavericks, the characters are better, the stages are better, the music is better; without classic you would not have X.
Robot Masters? If you mean having no creativity in the design then yes, they are better then mavericks. I mean seriously, i'm tired of the men already, at least mavericks try and be unique.

The characters are better? I'm not sure what you mean, surely you aren't trying to argue there is better character development in classic... because there isn't. It just doesn't happen. The X series simply spends more time and dialog on character development/plot... it's a fact.

The stages are better? I'm not sure how... the X stages are more oriented towards secrets and alternate paths, and also make use of an excellent feature, that is the wall-climb. There's a reason both the X and Zero series include that feature, and that's because it allows the levels to have much more creative layouts.

The music is better? Well this is a matter of opinion but I do think it's odd that you're the only one i've ever heard make that claim.

Just because it came first doesn't make it better... the X series was an improvement, that's why it keeps getting knew games and spinoffs, and classic doesn't.

FlappingMangera
Megaman 2 is my favorite, though I've only played a couple of the originals.

Crashman and Metalman were my favorites, and their levels also had great music. Got both songs on my iPod.

Neo Darkhalen
Robot Masters FTW...Mavericks....Bubble Crab...No...no...

Now don't get me wrong MM has it share of bad RM...well only 3...Bubbleman, Topman, Woodman.

X just fails to live up to Classic Megaman in so many ways.

King Kandy
Robot Masters FTW...Mavericks....Bubble Crab...No...no...
Bubble Crab was actually a pretty cool enemy... he was pretty good.

Now don't get me wrong MM has it share of bad RM...well only 3...Bubbleman, Topman, Woodman.
And Megaman X has what? Duff McWhalen, Bubblecrab and that sunflower guy?

X just fails to live up to Classic Megaman in so many ways.
Given that I just told you a ton of ways in which it SURPASSES the original series, could you maybe elaborate a bit more? Maybe defend your position?

HueyFreeman
the original for me. Although I also love the X series it lacked the same fun factor that the originals gave me. After I unlocked everything in the X games, I was done, I really don't care if I play them anymore. I can still play 2 every couple of months just for enjoyment.

Neo Darkhalen
have you played Mega-man powered up?

King Kandy
No, I have not. What's your point? It could be the greatest game ever and would still have no influence in a discussion about the series as a whole.

Kumar
X series is epic win. Granted i haven't played as much original as X, i still like X better. i just like its premise better... and the characters are just way cooler (Vile, Sigma, ZERO!) although Original did have Protoman who is a giant badass.

I have both Aniversary Collections but have played more X because those are the games that i played growing up. Orignal was a little before my gaming prime.
X2 and X3 are favorites.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by King Kandy
No, I have not. What's your point? It could be the greatest game ever and would still have no influence in a discussion about the series as a whole.

Then play it.

ale-8-1
I like gutsman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.