DBZ Burst Limit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chickenlover98
http://www.qj.net/Dragonball-Z-Burst-Limit-magazine-screenshot-scans/pg/49/aid/110132

looks like a dbz game is FINALLY coming to next gen consoles. thank god. it appears it will also be budokai style as opposed to the tenkaichis

((The_Anomaly))
BT2 and BT3 are for Wii. Which is a current Gen system if you didn't realise. Also, something that's gotta stop...there is no "Next Gen" anymore, its current generation. Next Gen is in like 6 years minimum. Its Current Gen people, current gen.

Also, though I own a PS3 if this game is like B3 then I prolly wont pick it up. BT2 and and BT3 were a step in the right direction for DBZ, sad that they are going backwards to a lesser model of gameplay that doesn't represent what DBZ is compared to one that almost perfectly replicates DBZ.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
BT2 and BT3 are for Wii. Which is a current Gen system if you didn't realise. Also, something that's gotta stop...there is no "Next Gen" anymore, its current generation. Next Gen is in like 6 years minimum. Its Current Gen people, current gen.

Also, though I own a PS3 if this game is like B3 then I prolly wont pick it up. BT2 and and BT3 were a step in the right direction for DBZ, sad that they are going backwards to a lesser model of gameplay that doesn't represent what DBZ is compared to one that almost perfectly replicates DBZ.

the wii is great to a point. i guess we can stop saying next-gen can stop now.

the good thing is that it really isnt a step backwards. since budakai 1 came out they've improved things greatly. i merely meant theyd probably have the same char set as budokai 1. however this game will shape up to be great because it will benefit from what the ps3 and microsoft have perfected, which is online play. and this time, it'll work stick out tongue if the story stops at the cell saga, great side stories and movie storylines can be included. however no matter where the story ends it can always be added to via dlc

((The_Anomaly))
The Wii is great to a point? To which point is that? Super Mario Galaxy completely trumps every game to come out on the PS3 or 360, as a matter of fact it blows most of them out of the water. I don't really understand what your attempting to point out, and if its that the Wii is inferior in some way then your completely mistaken. All of the great PS3 games I've played (I own a PS3) still seem like sad attempts at making video games compared to what the Wii did with Mario Galaxy.

SaTsuJiN
so far this looks to cash in on budokai 3's success... without being as good as budokai 3.. til I see some vid's I remain unimpressed

Bat Dude
The Wii is great to a point? To which point is that? Super Mario Galaxy completely trumps every game to come out on the PS3 or 360, as a matter of fact it blows most of them out of the water. I don't really understand what your attempting to point out, and if its that the Wii is inferior in some way then your completely mistaken. All of the great PS3 games I've played (I own a PS3) still seem like sad attempts at making video games compared to what the Wii did with Mario Galaxy.

Jeesh, no need to be a Wii fanboy...

I don't think you've played Call of Duty 4 online yet, have you?

Anyway, I've seen a bunch of pics online, and a quick 15 second vid (don't worry, it doesn't show much) and I can honestly say that they are finally doing something right...

Honestly, when talking about gameplay, the Budokai series was a lot better than the Tenkaichi series... The only thing that kept you coming back to the Tenkaichi series was the promise of "OMGZ NU CHARACTERZ!!!" The gameplay was pretty bad (spamming ran rampant, the game would end up with both characters on the far corners of the stage, the action ended abruptly, etc.)

So if the gameplay is anything like B3, then I don't care about how it doesn't reflect "what DBZ is"... And I don't care about the # of characters (B1 style cutscenes makes up for that anyway)... Because we'll finally be getting a good, replayable DBZ game again...

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Jeesh, no need to be a Wii fanboy...

I don't think you've played Call of Duty 4 online yet, have you?

Anyway, I've seen a bunch of pics online, and a quick 15 second vid (don't worry, it doesn't show much) and I can honestly say that they are finally doing something right...

Honestly, when talking about gameplay, the Budokai series was a lot better than the Tenkaichi series... The only thing that kept you coming back to the Tenkaichi series was the promise of "OMGZ NU CHARACTERZ!!!" The gameplay was pretty bad (spamming ran rampant, the game would end up with both characters on the far corners of the stage, the action ended abruptly, etc.)

So if the gameplay is anything like B3, then I don't care about how it doesn't reflect "what DBZ is"... And I don't care about the # of characters (B1 style cutscenes makes up for that anyway)... Because we'll finally be getting a good, replayable DBZ game again...

I'm level 39 on COD4 online. I've played a crapload of it, the game is good, very good, but its no Super Mario Galaxy, not even close. And I'm not a Wii fanboy, I just hate when people attempt to imply that it is not a "next-gen" (current gen) system and that its inherently inferior to the PS3 and 360.

Bat Dude
I'm level 39 on COD4 online. I've played a crapload of it, the game is good, very good, but its no Super Mario Galaxy, not even close. And I'm not a Wii fanboy, I just hate when people attempt to imply that it is not a "next-gen" (current gen) system and that its inherently inferior to the PS3 and 360.

Oh, I know it's current gen... I just think it lacks the power of it's cousins... However, it's innovations are vast, and your right, Super Mario Galaxy is pretty fun (of what I've played of it)

Any way, it's Christmas, and I'm in a giving mood, so here's the DBZ: Burst Limit Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPeVnBC-6ho

SaTsuJiN
that showed a minimal amount of gameplay...

I hope dimps is involved.. cuz that totally ripped off of b3 lmao

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
that showed a minimal amount of gameplay...

I hope dimps is involved.. cuz that totally ripped off of b3 lmao

Dimps is making the game... That's why it's similar to B3...

JackieCD
Looks like it was made for the PS2

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by JackieCD
Looks like it was made for the PS2

right on!... game's visuals are not next gen calibur by any means

chickenlover98

i never said it wasnt current gen system. if i did didnt mean it. i dont like having to work to play a game. i love the 360. personally the ps3 is crap. not only cause it doesnt have rumble(i know it will soon) but because of the total lack of games. pretty much everything on the ps3 is already on the 360. plus its online is lacking( no voice support in alot of games). same goes for the wii, it has limited online play. i do not believe mario games are gold. their good for a while but their kinda boring. and the story stopped making sense a LONG time ago. a plumber in space. yup makes alotta sense.

also wouldnt worry so much bout the graphics.they'll be better in the finished product i bet

Bat Dude
Originally posted by chickenlover98
i never said it wasnt current gen system. if i did didnt mean it. i dont like having to work to play a game. i love the 360. personally the ps3 is crap. not only cause it doesnt have rumble(i know it will soon) but because of the total lack of games. pretty much everything on the ps3 is already on the 360. plus its online is lacking( no voice support in alot of games). same goes for the wii, it has limited online play. i do not believe mario games are gold. their good for a while but their kinda boring. and the story stopped making sense a LONG time ago. a plumber in space. yup makes alotta sense.

also wouldnt worry so much bout the graphics.they'll be better in the finished product i bet

Wait until 08, then the PS3 will have some great games...

Anyway, I really like the way this game is shaping up... Hopefully it'll be as fun as B3 was... Honestly, I played that game for a whole two years (even after BT1 came out, I was playing B3, and was until BT2 came out), so let's hope it'll be something of that caliber...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Wait until 08, then the PS3 will have some great games...

Anyway, I really like the way this game is shaping up... Hopefully it'll be as fun as B3 was... Honestly, I played that game for a whole two years (even after BT1 came out, I was playing B3, and was until BT2 came out), so let's hope it'll be something of that caliber...

Great exclusives coming to the PS3? Like what? I must have missed them. blink

((The_Anomaly))
This game looks exactly like B3.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Great exclusives coming to the PS3? Like what? I must have missed them. blink

Metal Gear Solid 4

'Nuff said... That game alone will be worth the price of a PS3... And there are the following games to look forward to...

-Haze
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Killzone 2
-L.A. Noire (actually coming in 2009)
-God of War III (also coming in 2009)
-Gran Turismo 5
-The Getaway 3
-Yakuza 3
-Tekken 6

Not to mention some of the good PS3 exclusives already out, like...

-Resistance: Fall of Man
-War Hawk
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Heavenly Sword

((The_Anomaly))
Indeed, plus it has the cross platform games like Oblivion and COD4. The PS3 has games, is getting more games, and is a good system, despite its less then amazing sales and horrible press. I bought one because its a good system, and in my mind gave me more for my dollar then the 360 ever could. The 40gb PS3 is 399 which is less then a blu-ray player by itself. But for 399 you get a blu-ray player, AND a very good game system with a lot of good features. Damn good deal IMO. Plus I didn't want to buy a 360 then have to add on a whole bunch of REALLY expensive crap like Wireless Internet and HDDVD, when its all included in the PS3. Plus the hardware issues with the 360 aren't worth my time, I don't buy faulty hardware or software and the 360 is faulty hardware. Period. I'm not saying that its a bad system, it has a lot of good games, but I just didn't feel that it warranted my hard earned money when I can get a system that gives me a lot more for the same money. But that's just me.

SaTsuJiN
lulz @ 360 being faulty hardware.. your singular experience =/= everyone elses experience

Fact vs Opinion 101 : failed

you loowze.. good day sir

------------------

As for Burst Limit, I seriously hope they dont stick to the crappy virtua fighter dial-a-combos... cuz that made B3 incredibly boring

chickenlover98
This game looks exactly like B3.

itll probly end up being better. after all it was a crappy trailer with no real gameplay

Wandering Flame
This game looks better than B3 to me. Seems to have better resolution and curves despite it having the cool anime outlines as opposed to B1's clay characters.

Though not by much, the screenshots may not look as good as this game will in the end.

Much like the early Tekken 6 screens compared to how it looks now.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
This game looks better than B3 to me. Seems to have better resolution and curves despite it having the cool anime outlines as opposed to B1's clay characters.

Though not by much, the screenshots may not look as good as this game will in the end.

Much like the early Tekken 6 screens compared to how it looks now.

for sure the graphics will be better in the finished product. im sure the gameplay will be better than all the previous budokais

SaTsuJiN
I'm not so worried about the graphics, considering that I play Super Dragonball Z for ps2... I want the game to play well above all else

Blax_Hydralisk
No one cares 'bout joo mane!

Ridley_Prime
Good lord. Another DBZ game? How many more of these are they gonna make?

I think I'm just gonna stick with DBZ: BT3 since I just got it for Christmas. erm

Wandering Flame
Yeah, I was wondering that also.

There are so many DBZ games (mainly for the PS2) it's ridiculous..I guess it's because DBZ has so many fans. big grin

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No one cares 'bout joo mane! meaningless blabber... though I cant say I would expect more from you

((The_Anomaly))
lulz @ 360 being faulty hardware.. your singular experience =/= everyone elses experience

Fact vs Opinion 101 : failed

you loowze.. good day sir

Singular experience? The Xbox 360 has a hardware failure rate of over 33%. The Wii and PS3 both have a hardware failure rate of under 1%. The 360 is faulty. Even Microsoft realises it, which is why they did the whole extended warranty thing.

Wandering Flame
I guess he was assuming you were speaking of just your experience.

meaningless blabber... though I cant say I would expect more from you Blax almost always jokes like that. big grin

SaTsuJiN
Singular experience? The Xbox 360 has a hardware failure rate of over 33%. The Wii and PS3 both have a hardware failure rate of under 1%. The 360 is faulty. Even Microsoft realises it, which is why they did the whole extended warranty thing. to acquire a %.. you would have to have total purchased vs total failures, right?.. lets see some numbers.. otherwise.. "99% of all statistics are made up on the spot"

I know 6 people (myself included) that has a 360.. only 1 has had a red ring so far.. so excuse me if I'm not so quick to jump on the "lulz failure" bandwagon

Not that I would buy a fighting game for 360 mind you (DoA4 excluded.. cuz I dont even consider that a real fighting game)... the 360 dpad is a POS

chickenlover98
to acquire a %.. you would have to have total purchased vs total failures, right?.. lets see some numbers.. otherwise.. "99% of all statistics are made up on the spot"

I know 6 people (myself included) that has a 360.. only 1 has had a red ring so far.. so excuse me if I'm not so quick to jump on the "lulz failure" bandwagon

Not that I would buy a fighting game for 360 mind you (DoA4 excluded.. cuz I dont even consider that a real fighting game)... the 360 dpad is a POS

actually he's right that failure rate is just about correct. not on the new ones so much but the old ones hell yeah, they drop like flies. however i LOVE the layout of it, the live service beats the living **** outta any other console EVER.

the dpad isnt even used hlf the time. specialy in fightin games. what makes you think itll be used in burst limit

Blax_Hydralisk
meaningless blabber... though I cant say I would expect more from you

Really? That hurts.

Wandering Flame
DOA4 is teh shit, actually.

But to each his own I guess.

Lmfao @ "Broly goes Blu-ray" in the dbz ad up top.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Really? That hurts.

thats nice... anyway...

Originally posted by chickenlover98
the dpad isnt even used hlf the time. specialy in fightin games. what makes you think itll be used in burst limit

Right... lol.. how good are you at fighting games exactly?

But to each his own I guess.

Yeah, I think I'll agree with that aspect...

Moving this discussion towards burst limit.. why in the hell is there a super gauge?

Blax_Hydralisk
thats nice... anyway...

Why are you so messed up towards me? I've done nothing top you..

((The_Anomaly))
to acquire a %.. you would have to have total purchased vs total failures, right?.. lets see some numbers.. otherwise.. "99% of all statistics are made up on the spot"

http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/13201/Retailers_Claim_360_Failure_Rate_Is_Over_30.html

http://www.digg.com/xbox/Retailers_Reveal_Xbox_360_Failure_Rate_Over_30

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Home/D3Q7G8S2

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/13177/532/

http://www.geekscribe.com/2007/06/23/xbox-360-failure-rate-30-ouch/

I could keep going, but I decided to stop.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I was wondering that also.

There are so many DBZ games (mainly for the PS2) it's ridiculous..
And sadly, I own a majority of 'em. sick If I had known there'd be that much DBZ games, I would've waited (and not bought any) until Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or 3 came out. big grin Sure would've saved a lot of money in the long run...

I guess it's because DBZ has so many fans. big grin
Heh. Yeah. Guess so...

At least, that's the only reason I can think of. erm

Lmfao @ "Broly goes Blu-ray" in the dbz ad up top.
lol I guess ((The_Anomaly)) sure isn't gonna like that, since it's Broly. stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/13201/Retailers_Claim_360_Failure_Rate_Is_Over_30.html

http://www.digg.com/xbox/Retailers_Reveal_Xbox_360_Failure_Rate_Over_30

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Home/D3Q7G8S2

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/13177/532/

http://www.geekscribe.com/2007/06/23/xbox-360-failure-rate-30-ouch/

I could keep going, but I decided to stop.

and you probably should.. since 30% of 1 stores consoles really isn't that many when compared to global sales

see one comment written at the 2nd link :

anyhow.. you don't want a 360 and thats very clear.. but lets not act like every single system is dying as soon as the cashier scans the bar code

P.S. I really lol'ed when I saw in the 1st link that "Blu-Ray is leading the pack" ... lmfao!

Ridley_Prime
*reads the latest posts again*

Woot! Another ((The_Anomaly)) vs SaTsuJiN thread clap (like in the DBZ: BT3 topic from earlier). Good times...

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
*reads the latest posts again*

Woot! Another ((The_Anomaly)) vs SaTsuJiN thread clap (like in the DBZ: BT3 topic from earlier). Good times...

actually it was more like 1 brolly hater vs people who think brolly is just as good quality as any other dbz villain

Ridley_Prime
actually it was more like 1 brolly hater vs people who think brolly is just as good quality as any other dbz villain
Oh. sweatdrop

Yeah. That sounds more accurate. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
I'm not getting into the Broly debate again. Broly is a shit character all around, and I stand by it. No one actually responded to any of the points I made in the other thread, all everyone kept saying is "I like him, that's my prerogative." which it is, but that doesn't mean that he isn't still a shitty character compared to say Frieza or Vegeta or pretty much any other DBZ character.

Oh and Blu-ray sales ARE owning HD-DVD sales.

http://www.tech-evangelist.com/2007/04/24/high-definition-dvd-sales-1q07/

http://www.switched.com/2007/08/16/blu-ray-beating-hd-dvd-in-high-def-format-battle/

Blu-ray is a superior format anyways, which has more movies, and better movies, so it makes sense.

SaTsuJiN
Blu-ray is a superior format anyways, which has more movies, and better movies, so it makes sense.

Blu-Ray's true purpose is storage

Buying out studio support for your product does not make it superior.. it only means that you're throwing money around to buy out the competition.. HD-DVD is more economical at this point and time

I mean c'mon. how the hell are you gonna buy a movie for your HD player if its only on blue ray? Sony cracks me up XD

and lawl @ vegeta / freeza... megalomaniac and emo crybaby are such deep character archetypes

Ridley_Prime
No one actually responded to any of the points I made in the other thread, all everyone kept saying is "I like him, that's my prerogative."
*shrugs*

I didn't really say that. In fact, I agreed with some of your points about Broly (and about Cooler being the best movie villain), and kinda feel the same way about him as you do (though not really to the same extreme as you).

I do however, think you take your hated for Broly a little too far. >.>
That's all.

Anyhow, sorry for bringing that whole thing up in this thread. I guess I shouldn't have...

So let's just continue with the DBZ Burst Limit and Blu-ray discussion now.

and lawl @ vegeta / freeza... megalomaniac and emo crybaby are such deep character archetypes
xD

SaTsuJiN
well I read theres going to be online multiplayer...

As with Tenkaichi, I'd just like it if they would stop with the story mode crap... I'd much prefer a mission mode or something (i.e. soul calibur ish)... who seriously plays a fighting game for the story?

Ridley_Prime
well I read theres going to be online multiplayer...
Like the one in DBZ: BT3 (Wii) where you play against other people? If that's the case, it'll probably be just as you said here, with a bunch of kids trying to challenge everyone with their suped up SSJ4 Gogeta. sick

as with Tenkaichi, I'd just like it if they would stop with the story mode crap...
Agreed. The Dragon Story/History modes are gettin' pretty old now. -_-

I'd much prefer a mission mode or something (i.e. soul calibur ish)... who seriously plays a fighting game for the story?
Meh. I suppose I do. If it lacks a story but is still fun to play though, then I'm alright with that too, but I'd still prefer a fighting game with a good story anyway.

Yoshi Paradise
smile I just hope that Android 18 is playable in this game.
who seriously plays a fighting game for the story?

cool Me.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Me.

Well.. when it comes to dbz games especially.. I think we can all recite the story by heart, even if we didnt want to

the models in this game look pretty bad for ps3.. hehe

Magee
Not much infortmation on this, it's coming out for x-box 360 and ps3 and the graphics and gameplay look like it has potential. It is supposed to be as close to actualy playing the anime as ever I just hope they do more with this than make better graphics but judging from this video the gameplay really seems to flow, looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPeVnBC-6ho

Neo Darkhalen
Does that mean we will get real voice cast; cutscenes just like the anime.

Joe K
Intresting o.0

Yoshi Paradise
Duplicate thread.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t473094.html

Use the search function next time. wink

General Kaliero
Threads merged.

Please, people, the Search button is your friend.

Neo Darkhalen
hug Search button.

cruel jedi
OMG OMG OMG OMG i think i crit my pants

looks awesome happy

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Cooler being the best movie villain)

Co-signed, one of the best fighters in DBZ games.

SaTsuJiN
well he does get sauza blade for no reason... its not even his move but he uses it confused

anyways.. surprisingly this game looks rather lovely.. any thoughts from our resident fighting game crew?

Ridley_Prime
well he does get sauza blade for no reason... its not even his move but he uses it confused
Well, Salza used that move in the movie, and since he's an underling of Cooler, methinks it's safe to say that he taught him that move (even though Cooler's only used it in the games).

anyways.. surprisingly this game looks rather lovely.. any thoughts from our resident fighting game crew?
Hmm... meh. It looks alright I guess. I've heard from some that it even surpasses DBZ: BT2 and BT3, but I'm kinda skeptical about that.

jalek moye
just got this used for like $20. great game, best DBZ one so far, but could have used more characters

Ridley_Prime
Eh, DBZ: BT2 or BT3 (either one) still holds the title of the greatest DBZ game in my book erm, but Burst Limit is still okay too I guess, having looked more into it awhile back.

jalek moye
this one gives me more nostalgia with all the cutscenes and dramatic things

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jalek moye
this one gives me more nostalgia with all the cutscenes and dramatic things

This game sucks balls with those cutscenes. The drama pieces really got in the way. After shooting someone with death beam or whatever some 10 second cutscene jumps in and stops the fight. I can't freely fly, nor can I attack all around my opponent. Give me back Tenkaichi because this game sucks.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
This game sucks balls with those cutscenes. The drama pieces really got in the way. After shooting someone with death beam or whatever some 10 second cutscene jumps in and stops the fight. I can't freely fly, nor can I attack all around my opponent. Give me back Tenkaichi because this game sucks.

well this game was made to have it feel just like the show. some people ar turned off by that, but you dont have to have those things active

Wei Phoenix
well this game was made to have it feel just like the show. some people ar turned off by that, but you dont have to have those things active

Have you played Tenkaichi 3? THat one was more like the show.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, but the story mode should've been longer than the one in BT2.

Anyway, I thought DBZ Burst Limit was a good game. Like always, my main fighter was Android 18.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah, but the story mode should've been longer than the one in BT2.

Anyway, I thought DBZ Burst Limit was a good game. Like always, my main fighter was Android 18.

Sadistic 18 is great in any game.

The story mode was shorter but it was kind of better than BT2. I hold both of those games in high regard and each has their advantages over the other game. I liked the cutscenes from BT3 because that was just like the anime and not even annoying nor gets in the way like the BL ones did. Also characters in BL are pretty much the same except for special moves. Broly has no super armor and Krillin could faze him on the first hit. Broly was no challenge in BL. No character had a distinctive advantage like they had in the show and T3's roster was just amazing. We only get Cell Saga here.

Magee
How many times can people sit through the same peice of shit story. I'm glad I rented this game, I loved the gameplay but with limited characters and attacks it got boring fast. Cut scenes during fights in story mode is the worse thing about this game.

When the hell are they going to make a good DBZ adventure game, would be the best game ever.

Yoshi Paradise
I bet you were one of the people who hated DBZ Sagas...

Of course. She's deadly in the Tenkaichi series.

jalek moye

The story mode was shorter but it was kind of better than BT2. I hold both of those games in high regard and each has their advantages over the other game. I liked the cutscenes from BT3 because that was just like the anime and not even annoying nor gets in the way like the BL ones did. Also characters in BL are pretty much the same except for special moves. Broly has no super armor and Krillin could faze him on the first hit. Broly was no challenge in BL. No character had a distinctive advantage like they had in the show and T3's roster was just amazing. We only get Cell Saga here.

i never liked that aspects f dbz games. i hate when one char in a fighting game can kill 90% of the others in 2 blasts (imagine if Mk vs Dc did something like that). it messes up the gamplay mechanic by making certain match ups pointless. The only thing i liked in BT# mor was flyign around the stages away from the other player.

Wei Phoenix
i never liked that aspects f dbz games. i hate when one char in a fighting game can kill 90% of the others in 2 blasts (imagine if Mk vs Dc did something like that). it messes up the gamplay mechanic by making certain match ups pointless. The only thing i liked in BT# mor was flyign around the stages away from the other player.

Naw I have to disagree when it comes to a game based off of a comic or Anime. I want them to fight like their anime counterparts. And anyone above a SSJ can break through Broly's defense and faze him.

jalek moye
Naw I have to disagree when it comes to a game based off of a comic or Anime. I want them to fight like their anime counterparts. And anyone above a SSJ can break through Broly's defense and faze him.

i like them fighting like their counter parts. but i dont want the weaker chars in the game if they cant even faze the middle class let alone the high ones

Magee
I bet you were one of the people who hated DBZ Sagas... There are people who liked that game?

SaTsuJiN
lol.. yeah the cutscene skills really kill the game.. but the animation is lovely.. if only they can nail this kind of animation and speed.. and put it in a tenkaichi series game I'd be sold.. because my biggest complaint was how slow the projectile speed is in BT series (not to mention you cant teleport the petty Ki shots like you can in the Budokais)

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Magee
There are people who liked that game?

Well, I thought it was a decent game.
if only they can nail this kind of animation and speed.. and put it in a tenkaichi series game I'd be sold

Yeah, that would be great.

Magee
I can't beleive people still want more of the same game that has been released with minor changes about 9 times now...

SaTsuJiN
I can't beleive people still want more of the same game that has been released with minor changes about 9 times now... welcome to every popular series ever made... lets see.. (even though its mostly fighters that are guilty of this, because they're easiest to update)

Pokemon
Final Fantasy
Street Fighter
Tekken
Guilty Gear

if you noticed.. most of the games I've listed undergo minor changes, however even small changes can affect gameplay in huge ways

-"Burst" for guilty gear series
- Rolling for tekken series
- Parry for Street Fighter (III series of course)

hell... soul edge was a crappy tekken clone.. then along came 8-way run and we have one of the most highly acclaimed fighting game franchises to date

I do see where you're coming from by being pessimistic about petty upgrades.. but you never know when we might have a tourney quality dbz fighter (or any really cool anime fighter for that matter) on our hands, just from a simple change

ArtificialGlory
<Scratch that>

Final Blaxican
Final Fantasy... minor changes?

Different story, different characters, hell even a different planet... in almost every game.

That wasn't a very good example... all of the DBZ games have the exact same story line and same characters, unlike all the games you've listed.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Final Fantasy... minor changes?

Different story, different characters, hell even a different planet... in almost every game.

That wasn't a very good example... all of the DBZ games have the exact same story line and same characters, unlike all the games you've listed.

Tekken - oh no.. mishima are having another tournament

Street Fighter - oh this has such a different story everytime.. Ryu wins and seeks the true path of victory.. and I'm talking about the game.. not the hidden crap you have to dig for

Final Fantasy - oh look.. the worlds in danger again.. time for those angsty teens with the hair covering one eye to save the world again.. include someone named cid and a possible romantic interest

Guilty Gear - everyones trying to kill gears... again.. because they fail every time..

pokemon - you're yet another sniveling 12 year old on the journey to become the best trainer ever..

see the relation?... mmhmm yes

and your example is ridiculous...

a game based on an already existing animation / manga.. should have a different story and characters everytime?.. where are they going to pull that from?.. lol

we can say that Naruto games suffer the same fate then, and play alot worse than any dbz fighter I've played... O,O,O, Triangle.. oh snap!, I did a level 3 jutsu.. time for a button spam minigame.. awesomeness

Final Blaxican
Tekken - oh no.. mishima are having another tournament

Street Fighter - oh this has such a different story everytime.. Ryu wins and seeks the true path of victory.. and I'm talking about the game.. not the hidden crap you have to dig for

Final Fantasy - oh look.. the worlds in danger again.. time for those angsty teens with the hair covering one eye to save the world again.. include someone named cid and a possible romantic interest

Guilty Gear - everyones trying to kill gears... again.. because they fail every time..

pokemon - you're yet another sniveling 12 year old on the journey to become the best trainer ever..

You can oversimplify any thing on the planet so that it's the same as it's predecessor. Anything. Your point's fallacious.

SaTsuJiN
You can oversimplify any thing on the planet so that it's the same as it's predecessor. Anything. Your point's fallacious.

No more than yours

Only someone who really hasn't spent any time with a decent amount of the dbz fighters would say they haven't changed much, is all it boils down to..

If you'd like to discuss the discrepancies with each game (because there are a bunch), then that's fine.. but simply saying they've received small upgrades is just about as over-generalizing as the examples I've given

Final Blaxican
So what you're saying is that the story in the DBZ games are all different?

If that's now what you're saying, than my post makes perfect sense.

SaTsuJiN
So what you're saying is that the story in the DBZ games are all different?

If that's now what you're saying, than my post makes perfect sense. No, I'm saying the mechanics in the dbz games are all different

I've already said that they simply can't change the story in the dbz games because the story is an already existing entity that cannot be changed

if a final fantasy comic or animation were to be turned into a fighting game with only the characters available to the story arc of that particular comic, then you'd have the same situation on your hands

my point still stands that all final fantasies are extremely similar.. purposefully

Final Blaxican
I never mentioned mechanics, so why bring it up?

Wei Phoenix
all of the DBZ games have the exact same story line and same characters, unlike all the games you've listed.

I understand what you are saying but in DBZ's defense it is based off of an anime, so you can't really expand the story. Don't know if you played BT3 or not but I'm going to assume you didn't (no offense), but BT3 did have some cool what if stories to counter that like Android 16 fighting Eighter, some old DB fights and stuff, but BL was just stupid. They went back to end it at the Cell Saga.

Truth be told the DBZ games are more different than sports games where all they have is an updated roster and a new button/feature.

SaTsuJiN
I never mentioned mechanics, so why bring it up? because you called me out when I was making a point to another user about gameplay mechanics..(because he had stated that they were only 'minor' gameplay changes through each installment)
I gave examples of how every popular franchise is, at its core, the same crap over and over again (with minor changes, yet they are worshiped), and you tried to turn it into some ridiculous argument about story (in which I've illustrated that the story in each said game, is stank and rehashed in one way or the other)..

Final Fantasy (since you seem so hellbent on defending how zomg incredibly groundbreakingly different each time )has the same stupid story framework every time.. in turn.. your point about story has no bearing on ANY dbz game ever.. because they cant change the damn story..(I think I've said this about 3 times now, and with Wei reinforcing that, make it 4) so I dont even know why you're keeping it up

Final Blaxican
He didn't say gameplay either. no expression

SaTsuJiN
I know he didn't.. I was talking about having to repeat that the story of DBZ cannot be changed.. and mentioned that Wei also added to that fact

in any case.. I was originally replying to :
I can't beleive people still want more of the same game that has been released with minor changes about 9 times now...

SaTsuJiN
I'll just ... leave this right here.. *quivers in awe of awesomeness*

8KTHAy9L24g

MadMel
............................woah!

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud That totally made my evening. That'll probably actually be loads better than the upcoming Dragon Ball movie itself.

MadMel
rofl laughing out loud true

Scythe
I'll just ... leave this right here.. *quivers in awe of awesomeness*

8KTHAy9L24g

Hahaha!

Yoshi Paradise
That video was very cool, especially since Android 18 was in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.