Dante vs. The Elder God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

123KID
Dante takes on the God Squid
DMC2 Dante
who wins ?

ThoraxeRMG
The Elder God loses for being in a now-dead game.

MadMel
the elder god wins..dante cannot see or touch him erm
what change could dante have against the elder god when someone like sephiroth cant do it??

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by MadMel
the elder god wins..dante cannot see or touch him erm
what change could dante have against the elder god when someone like sephiroth cant do it??

1. Speculation
2. DMC2 Dante is Sephiroth's equal (except "instant kill" blasts in SSF(high demonic form) aren't spells and don't take as long to cast as Supernova).

MadMel
maybe, but it doesnt change the fact that dante cant see or touch the EG erm

also, i meant to say "chance" instead of "change" stick out tongue

Charlotte DeBel
Dante has seen and harmed the inhabitants of spectral realm (ghosts, Enigma)- immaterial creatures. Thus he may hurt the filet of squid with overrated title.

Burning thought
EG easily, this is not a fight, this is pest control for the EG favour, then he spins the wheel and Dante comes out a childs soul for slaugh to poke and beat

MadMel
EG can only be touched by the purified soul reaver...everything else goes staight through him..
also, the spectral realm in LOK is different to the DMC variety..
there is nothing dante can do to EG, even if he knew he existed...let all vs elder god threads die, unless its about a different elder god erm

Charlotte DeBel
I was opposing to two things "can't see" and supposing inferiority of DMC2 Dante to Sephiroth. Other than that, squid wins seeing as he can only be killed by a plot devise.
BTW, isn't Elder God some missing cousin of Cthulhu?

Fuddle
http://www.nosgoth.net/Defiance/dialogue/Def009255.JPG

http://www.pathguy.com/cthulhu6_s.jpg

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Fuddle
http://www.nosgoth.net/Defiance/dialogue/Def009255.JPG

http://www.pathguy.com/cthulhu6_s.jpg

Squid like Elder Gods must be some sort of relativessmile))

Fuddle
Here is one of the warcraft Old Gods stick out tongue

http://www.wowwiki.com/images/thumb/0/04/Ancientandpowerfulevil.JPG/678px-Ancientandpowerfulevil.JPG

Charlotte DeBel
Not too Cthulhuish. Damn, Mundus' ultimate form from DMC1 also looked Cthulhuish. The developers love Cthulhu?

Sol Valentine
What's going on with all this Cthulhu stuff? It's driving me mad!!!!

Charlotte DeBel
Conclusion:
Dante can see Elder God and probably hurt him a bit as his weaponry shown to work on immaterial creatures. Though given Elder God's size, even "instant death" blasts of high demonic form (effective against enemies such as Despair Embodied) wouldn't kill him in one shot, as there's only one plot device way to surely kill Elder God.
Big tentacled boredom.

Burning thought
why do people always say kill EG, theres only one plot device that can HIT EG is the correction, Kain never killed the EG, the thing is planet sized, the only thing that could likely kill it is either the reaver through some Haxor ability it may gain if another game was deveoped (unlikely to happen with most of the developers gone, altho i think blood omen cast is still there so they can still make LOK, also i think Amy herring the writer has left her stuff..anyway) EG is a planet sized entity who could likely beat many if not all characters in Gaming and many in fiction

Violent2Dope
Okay...even if Dante could harm the EG and see him...wtf is he gonna do? Cut him!? haermm

EG just crushes him.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Okay...even if Dante could harm the EG and see him...wtf is he gonna do? Cut him!? haermm

EG just crushes him.

How'bout the blasts of demonic energy from SSF, which work a bit like Sephiroth's Heartless Angel, just without any spellcasting?smile))

Burning thought
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
How'bout the blasts of demonic energy from SSF, which work a bit like Sephiroth's Heartless Angel, just without any spellcasting?smile))

can you prove this please?, you mean they make you near death? , show me this please unless ofc its gameplay, also what will this do to EG.....

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Burning thought
can you prove this please?, you mean they make you near death? , show me this please unless ofc its gameplay, also what will this do to EG.....

Heartless Angel is also gameplay.

Not kill that squid, as the invinsible Cthulhu cousin can be taken out only via plot devise.

Burning thought
Heartless Angel is also gameplay.

Not kill that squid, as the invinsible Cthulhu cousin can be taken out only via plot devise.

yeh and gameplay is worthless, Heartless angel takes you down to near death in HP which is why in KMC is a pretty crap move that cannot be used in debates because its unkown what it really does

Terryc250
Probably the same thing it does in gameplay which is bring the person to the edge of death, alot of ppl use "slow/stop time" gameplay in debates, why cant Sephiroth use heartless angel?

No age/form of Dante is even Chaos Vincents, let alone Sephiroth himself

Burning thought
Originally posted by Terryc250
Probably the same thing it does in gameplay which is bring the person to the edge of death, alot of ppl use "slow/stop time" gameplay in debates, why cant Sephiroth use heartless angel?

No age/form of Dante is even Chaos Vincents, let alone Sephiroth himself

slow/stop time gameplay are documented as an effect in cnaon, wheras heartless angel ive never seen anyone show me it documented on what it actually does beyond a gameplay move, its such a loose move that it can only excist in FF unvierse imo

i mean whta if he used it on HOTU Thanos or LT? does it miraculously make the LT near death? sillyness indeed, its not documented, its only effects are gameplay, so therefore its pointless to try and use in debates

but i agree, Dante is overhyped, hes a high street leveler at best

Charlotte DeBel
And then you're going to say that Wolverine is going to beat Dante with one claw while masturbating in front of Kain portrait? LOL at Dante being Spiderman level character.

Now, Devil Trigger limitations are gameplay in the sence you mean+CIS (turning human when being knocked down by Mundus proves only that he needs conscious effort to stay in demon form and that human one is his default one, not any strict time limitations apart from the need to stay conscious).

Burning thought
okie thats prob a little harsh, middle Meta imo, altho just because Dante could beat spiderman doesnt mean he is so much better than him, thinking about it he is overall but Spiderman can throw tanks and such can he not? has his own special abilities and in a way can almost fly with all his webslinging

nothing states or could possibly show DT is infnite, they fight and are constantly in human form throughout most events through the games, theres only two gameplay instances that i can think of where you have infnite DT and prob one, which is one of the gameplay ones as well instance not in gameplay

the first is when Dante has a costume unlocked for the game, its gameplay, if its an unlockable costume then hell, its gameplay, not in-game story

the second one which is also part of a custscene is in DMC 3, this is also proof of DT being limited, in the cutscene jester says that the demon orb thing gives you power, if your saying Dantes DT is infnite anyway, then what power does it give him? exactley theres no possible answer other than that it gives him infnite DT, if that orb gives him it, then without it, he must not have infnite DT, but yes thats another gameplay part in DMC 3 where he has infnite DT

it seems to take willpower, conciosness and power to stay in DT

Terryc250
you know spiderman is a class 40-50 right, meaning he can lift about 40-50 tons. That means if spiderman punches Dante, it would be like a building falling on his face.

Doubt it would work on LT or HOTU, time attacks wouldnt work on them either, theyre above health and time.

MadMel
i thought spiderman could only lift a max of 20 tons??

Charlotte DeBel
25 tons, and that's lifting strength. Force of hits of Spidey isn't that good, strength factor being its only saving grace. Dante, on the other hand, haven't lifted anything heavier than motorcycle, but his force of hits is pretty good. Also Dante has taken superstrong punches from Beowulf and it did nothing impressive to him.
And if you declare all Dante's weaponry\abilities "gameplay" and take 18years old beginner version as a gauge (the one that was on Spidey level), then you should gauge Kain by his beginner version which sucked.

Dante is low herald with all his powers\weaponry(probably high meta, as the border between those two tiers is slight). Anyways, I think it's pointless to debate there as Elder God exists in Nosgoth only and the history of Nosgoth is an unchangeable script with Kain being its "be-all and end-all".
Dante being "slightly more impressive version of Wolverine\Spiderman" is plain stupid.

Csdabest
Originally posted by MadMel
EG can only be touched by the purified soul reaver...everything else goes staight through him..
also, the spectral realm in LOK is different to the DMC variety..
there is nothing dante can do to EG, even if he knew he existed...let all vs elder god threads die, unless its about a different elder god erm

So other words he cant he is protected by Pis? Anyone wqith spitirial awareness or energy or items should be able to touch and see him. enough with this Only this that can be found in this universe can only harm em.

Burning thought
25 tons, and that's lifting strength. Force of hits of Spidey isn't that good, strength factor being its only saving grace. Dante, on the other hand, haven't lifted anything heavier than motorcycle, but his force of hits is pretty good. Also Dante has taken superstrong punches from Beowulf and it did nothing impressive to him.
And if you declare all Dante's weaponry\abilities "gameplay" and take 18years old beginner version as a gauge (the one that was on Spidey level), then you should gauge Kain by his beginner version which sucked.

Dante is low herald with all his powers\weaponry(probably high meta, as the border between those two tiers is slight). Anyways, I think it's pointless to debate there as Elder God exists in Nosgoth only and the history of Nosgoth is an unchangeable script with Kain being its "be-all and end-all".
Dante being "slightly more impressive version of Wolverine\Spiderman" is plain stupid.

Beowulf is not a 50 tonner though, although ive never seen it documented, id like to see it if he is, ive never seen him do more than break up some pipes i think it is in DMC 3, no but 18 year old Dante is the one who has the most powers, who else we gonna get powers from? you can only speculate to diffrent powers, ive played DMC 2 which is the latest one? but ive seen nothing in the canon storyline impressive that i care to remember, unless you can bring something up

no because kains older self is well documented and so are all his abilities, if theres abilities older dante has that can be proven to be much better and it is documented so then so be it, also none of the kains suck, especially the earliest one, BO 1 kain was incredible, almost as incredible (okie maybe not but he was great) as elder kain of today, okie hes nothing on Elder kain but the weakest one is BO 2 kain who could lift fully armoured knights with one hand effortlessly, turn to mist, jump great distances and make people internally combust and burn to dust, he also had TK so he didnt rly suck, he could still give Dante of any version except maybe Sparda form a run for his money.

no way herald, high meta, but he does not rly have a wide enough selectio of powers or any powers of high enough level to hit low herald imo, mid/high meta...Wolverine is low meta apprently, but Wolvie still has a regeneration rate thats incredible and uses adamantium claws

Burning thought
Originally posted by Csdabest
So other words he cant he is protected by Pis? Anyone wqith spitirial awareness or energy or items should be able to touch and see him. enough with this Only this that can be found in this universe can only harm em.

Dante or Sephiroth at the same time and full power could never defeat EG even if he made himself material, the thing is too big and regenerate whole massive ares of its body and tentacles in no time, faster than Dante even quite easily.

energy doesnt touch EG, spiritual awareness, nope, Mortanius had spiritual awareness, who is in LOK series, he could not see EG....

only spirit reaver can touch him, only cleared sight can see him, kain has both and couldnt kill the thing, not to say he didnt give it a nasty pain for a long time and send it burrowing into the ground but it did not die either

Violent2Dope
Dante at high street? I'm sorry, but what?

Burning thought
Dante at high street? I'm sorry, but what?

as i said, i looked at it again, hes more mid-high meta, no way can he compare to any herald.....

Wolverine would give him a run for his money and hes low meta

Violent2Dope
as i said, i looked at it again, hes more mid-high meta, no way can he compare to any herald.....

Wolverine would give him a run for his money and hes low meta Wolverine wouldn't give Dante a run for anything. erm

Dante can be compared to some Low Heralds in powerset, like Hulk or Juggernaut.

Burning thought
Wolverine wouldn't give Dante a run for anything. erm

Dante can be compared to some Low Heralds in powerset, like Hulk or Juggernaut.

Wolverine can Regerate from almost nothing apprently and his adamantium claws would slash Dante in half.......

not too much, for example both Hulk and juggernaut have exptremes, i just dont think Dante has enough powers of high enough magnitude to equel low herald, for example Hulk can constabtly keep getting stronger, Juggernaut can knock down almost anything, especially when hes running

Fuddle
Wolverine has nearly entirely indestructable skeleton, and in one of the comics he regenerated from being nothing but skeleton stick out tongue

Burning thought
Wolverine has nearly entirely indestructable skeleton, and in one of the comics he regenerated from being nothing but skeleton stick out tongue

exactley what i mean, hes incredibly regenative, whats Dante gonna do? use his little sword to cut wolverines Adamantium? dont make me laugh, one adamantiuum slice and Dante is on the chop block

Fuddle
Wolverine is my favorite mutant. Simply because he is plain cool, but also because he is one of the toughest to beat with the very few powers he has smile

He kicked the entire X-Man squad's asses in one of the comics big grin

Burning thought
exactley, hes tacticle as well, can be intelligent but also fercious combatant and can regerate from nothing, is fairly quick (afaik nothing like bullet speed but hes quick for sure) and has a pair of near indestructable clawls on each hand that can shred most things

yet Wolverine according to V2D couldnt give Dante a run for anything....the only thing Dante beats Wolverine in is speed, other than that wolverine has better melee weaponry, is likely more intelligent in battle after long training and hes not as young as dante and has been fighting for most ofh is life hasnt he?

Dante has guns and speed, thats all over Wolverine naturally, in Sparda mode Dante has flight and range which is the only way he could easily "defeat" wolverine, but never kill, Dantes arsenal has no way of killing wolverine from memory

Blax_Hydralisk
Wolverine can't lose. v2D is a feckin' idiot, so don't listen to him.

Burning thought
lol ime not so sure hes an idiot, just a little misinformed

Violent2Dope
Wolverine can Regerate from almost nothing apprently and his adamantium claws would slash Dante in half.......

not too much, for example both Hulk and juggernaut have exptremes, i just dont think Dante has enough powers of high enough magnitude to equel low herald, for example Hulk can constabtly keep getting stronger, Juggernaut can knock down almost anything, especially when hes running 1. Sure, but Dante is faster, stronger(Wolvie at best is class 2, Dante is like class 5), very skilled, and has so many weapons and different powers to overwhelm Wolvie, he's good, but not that good. Dante couldn't kill him, but he could knock him the fvck out. Frickin Captain America did. Dante>>>Captain America.

2. But they lack real versatility. Both are bricks/tanks, they are just big strong fvckers who hit hard and take hits. Dante is much faster, and has more things going for him, I think he could possibly beat Hulk(not Juggy tho, no way).

Fuddle
In the cartoon, Wolverine slices bullets with his claws. He dodge multiple attacks from the X-Mansion's defense system, which includes machineguns and an easy fifteen high-speed homing robot discs with spikes.
If I recall properly, he also cuts the bolt from a crossbow in half when it comes rushing at him.
In the third movie, he even reached Phoenix and touched her physically.

Violent2Dope
lol ime not so sure hes an idiot, just a little misinformed I think you are the misinformed one my friend.

Violent2Dope
In the cartoon, Wolverine slices bullets with his claws. He dodge multiple attacks from the X-Mansion's defense system, which includes machineguns and an easy fifteen high-speed homing robot discs with spikes.
If I recall properly, he also cuts the bolt from a crossbow in half when it comes rushing at him.
In the third movie, he even reached Phoenix and touched her physically. Cartoon and movies=/=canon.

Fuddle
1. Sure, but Dante is faster, stronger(Wolvie at best is class 2, Dante is like class 5), very skilled, and has so many weapons and different powers to overwhelm Wolvie, he's good, but not that good. Dante couldn't kill him, but he could knock him the fvck out. Frickin Captain America did. Dante>>>Captain America.

2. But they lack real versatility. Both are bricks/tanks, they are just big strong fvckers who hit hard and take hits. Dante is much faster, and has more things going for him, I think he could possibly beat Hulk(not Juggy tho, no way).

Are you not the one that is all against A > B > C logic?

Fuddle
Cartoon and movies=/=canon.

The cartoons are canon. Not sure about the movies. However, it is admitted that Wolverine is better in the comics than in cartoon/movie anyway smile

Violent2Dope
Are you not the one that is all against A > B > C logic? Yeah, but what I am saying is, Wolvie is durable and stuff, but not invincible, Captain America can produce enough force to knock out Wolvie, that is all I'm saying.

Violent2Dope
The cartoons are canon. Not sure about the movies. However, it is admitted that Wolverine is better in the comics than in cartoon/movie anyway smile How are the cartoons canon?

Burning thought
1. Sure, but Dante is faster, stronger(Wolvie at best is class 2, Dante is like class 5), very skilled, and has so many weapons and different powers to overwhelm Wolvie, he's good, but not that good. Dante couldn't kill him, but he could knock him the fvck out. Frickin Captain America did. Dante>>>Captain America.

1. if what Fuddle just said is true, cutting bullets and crossbow bolts in mid air and dodging machine guns ime not sure Dante beats Wolvie in speed by too much at all, not without his time manip, also Stronger? ime not so sure about that, i mean yeh Dante can break buildings and such but Wolverine has adamantium throughout him, his actual hitting strength would be far greater. He has a lot of weapons but not all of them are good and some of them are upgraded versions of older weapons, but really in the end it narrows down to a few good weps that are actually useful and powers such as becoming a double with doplleganger or time manip is powerful but swords dont= admantium and are never said to be unbreakable afaik, as well as his been impaled before now, survived but that was by his brother vergil, if an angered wolvie slashed away until there was nothing less Dante would be swiss cheese

indeed they lack veratiliy, but i dont belive Dantes versatiliy makes up for their no limit based powers, Juggs could crush Dante and Hulk, i cant see how Dante could possibly beat hulk unless he went sparda and flew but eventually Hulk would become a monstrous giant with the rage

I think you are the misinformed one my friend.

how so? ive played all 3 DMC games, know his powers, have you by any chance just askin?

and is anything about wolvie ive said wrong?, he can regenrate from a skeleton AND has admantium which>>Dantes melee weaponry

Fuddle
How are the cartoons canon?

Alright, forget about that. It does not matter anyway, since he is better in the comics.

Fuddle
Yeah, but what I am saying is, Wolvie is durable and stuff, but not invincible, Captain America can produce enough force to knock out Wolvie, that is all I'm saying.

You should still not use that logic. Each character has their strength and weakness, a tough luck and a good luck time. That, along with the fact that plot advancing events apply to many of the marvel fights (And many other fights at all).

Violent2Dope
1. if what Fuddle just said is true, cutting bullets and crossbow bolts in mid air and dodging machine guns ime not sure Dante beats Wolvie in speed by too much at all, not without his time manip, also Stronger? ime not so sure about that, i mean yeh Dante can break buildings and such but Wolverine has adamantium throughout him, his actual hitting strength would be far greater. He has a lot of weapons but not all of them are good and some of them are upgraded versions of older weapons, but really in the end it narrows down to a few good weps that are actually useful and powers such as becoming a double with doplleganger or time manip is powerful but swords dont= admantium and are never said to be unbreakable afaik, as well as his been impaled before now, survived but that was by his brother vergil, if an angered wolvie slashed away until there was nothing less Dante would be swiss cheese

indeed they lack veratiliy, but i dont belive Dantes versatiliy makes up for their no limit based powers, Juggs could crush Dante and Hulk, i cant see how Dante could possibly beat hulk unless he went sparda and flew but eventually Hulk would become a monstrous giant with the rage

how so? ive played all 3 DMC games, know his powers, have you by any chance just askin?

and is anything about wolvie ive said wrong?, he can regenrate from a skeleton AND has admantium which>>Dantes melee weaponry 1. Noncanon feats. Dante easily beats Wolvie in speed, Wolvie isn't even Spiderman speed to my knowledge. In strength Wolvie is 2 tons when he exerts himself to his limit, and that strength comes from his Healing Factor, exercise, and his Adamantium. Dante since he has the strength, speed, and mass advantage(Wolverine is a midgit), can hit harder. His adamantium makes his bones hard. His time manip alone would give him the victory over Wolvie. Adamantium is harder than Dante's weapons, but Dante's force of hits will keep them from breaking on it.

2. Juggy would crush just about anybody that can't BFR him man. The guy can't be harmed by physical attacks, only high powered cosmic power and magic can harm him, and he has a shield to defend against that and a phenomenol healing factor. His strength is also tied to his will/conviction, the greater his conviction, the greater his strength. Dante can beat Hulk the same way most guys do, with skill and intelligence, the guy is just a giant rock.

Charlotte DeBel
Cartoons aren't canon, and "cut him with a sword"? As if you're reffering to the beginner 18 years old Dante whose arsenal is limited to Rebellion and Ebony&Ivory. Kain at the beginning of his career is pathetic.
Wolverine has "teh skilz&teh klawz" but he rarely demonstrates it (skills, not claws). When was the last time Wolverine SURFED on the rocket launched onto him? Or SHOT bullets out of air with his own shots (Dante did it in gunfight with Lady)?
Dante's deflecting bullets with sword wasn't that much of a high end feat (though it was good for his weakest form- young unexperienced Dante at the beginning of that career).

In fact with his vast arsenal of weaponry and powers Dante won't have any troubles with making Wolvie his b*tch. I doubt he'll even find it entertaining.

Violent2Dope
You should still not use that logic. Each character has their strength and weakness, a tough luck and a good luck time. That, along with the fact that plot advancing events apply to many of the marvel fights (And many other fights at all). I take back the Cap America thing anyway, now that I think of it, he knocked Wolvie out with his shield, which is harder than adamantium.

Tho, if Wolvie was knocked out by a punch from someone who doesn't hit as hard as Dante, then logically Dante can knock him out as well.

Violent2Dope
Cartoons aren't canon, and "cut him with a sword"? As if you're reffering to the beginner 18 years old Dante whose arsenal is limited to Rebellion and Ebony&Ivory. Kain at the beginning of his career is pathetic.
Wolverine has "teh skilz&teh klawz" but he rarely demonstrates it (skills, not claws). When was the last time Wolverine SURFED on the rocket launched onto him? Or SHOT bullets out of air with his own shots (Dante did it in gunfight with Lady)?
Dante's deflecting bullets with sword wasn't that much of a high end feat (though it was good for his weakest form- young unexperienced Dante at the beginning of that career).

In fact with his vast arsenal of weaponry and powers Dante won't have any troubles with making Wolvie his b*tch. I doubt he'll even find it entertaining. yes

Fuddle
Bullets?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Wolverine/59818cc8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/dprfla/xmen_v2_133_p04.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-17.jpg

There you have him dealing with bullets in different ways in the comic. No cartoon, nor movie. Which proves that he is not all chanceless against some gunman smile

Charlotte DeBel
1. Noncanon feats. Dante easily beats Wolvie in speed, Wolvie isn't even Spiderman speed to my knowledge. In strength Wolvie is 2 tons when he exerts himself to his limit, and that strength comes from his Healing Factor, exercise, and his Adamantium. Dante since he has the strength, speed, and mass advantage(Wolverine is a midgit), can hit harder. His adamantium makes his bones hard. His time manip alone would give him the victory over Wolvie. Adamantium is harder than Dante's weapons, but Dante's force of hits will keep them from breaking on it.

2. Juggy would crush just about anybody that can't BFR him man. The guy can't be harmed by physical attacks, only high powered cosmic power and magic can harm him, and he has a shield to defend against that and a phenomenol healing factor. His strength is also tied to his will/conviction, the greater his conviction, the greater his strength. Dante can beat Hulk the same way most guys do, with skill and intelligence, the guy is just a giant rock.

Devil Arms are demonically forged weapons, not earth-made ones. Don't say that they'll cut adamantium, but in terms of durability it looks like close stalemate.
Sparda form Dante can try and annoy Juggernaut, but Juggs has survived a godforce blast so Juggs most likely beats him.

Mass advantage goes to Wolverine, Dante is 6'2'' at his human form (taller in demonic and from what we see in games, like three metres tall in high demonic form), and Wolverine has additional mass from adamantium sceleton. That doesn't save Canuck midget from becoming a b*tch of high demonic lord, though...Just to clarify.

Anyways, even without time manipulation...how'bout being frozen alive by Cerberus ice manipulation (just the random way of KOing Wolvie I thought of).

Violent2Dope
And Dante blocks bullets by shooting bullets. Compare.

Violent2Dope
Devil Arms are demonically forged weapons, not earth-made ones. Don't say that they'll cut adamantium, but in terms of durability it looks like close stalemate.
Sparda form Dante can try and annoy Juggernaut, but Juggs has survived a godforce blast so Juggs most likely beats him.

Mass advantage goes to Wolverine, Dante is 6'2'' at his human form (taller in demonic and from what we see in games, like three metres tall in high demonic form), and Wolverine has additional mass from adamantium sceleton.

Anyways, even without time manipulation...how'bout being frozen alive by Cerberus ice manipulation (just the random way of KOing Wolvie I thought of). 1. I don't really think they are as hard as adamantium at all, but to each its own.

2. Juggy could just pick his ass all day, Dante will not hurt him, he can't be harmed physically.

3. Oh yeah, I forgot to take into account Wolvie's skeleton.

4. Or that.

BT, I think what is happening is some people in the comic forums have convinced you Wolvie is some sort of invulnerable, unharmable, killing machine, sure, he can take alot and heal from alot, but he is by no means unbeatable.

Fuddle
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/mojorex/wolverine77.jpg

Violent2Dope
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/mojorex/wolverine77.jpg Okay, Wolvie's skeleton>>>bullets, we got that part.

Charlotte DeBel
1. I don't really think they are as hard as adamantium at all, but to each its own.

2. Juggy could just pick his ass all day, Dante will not hurt him, he can't be harmed physically.

3. Oh yeah, I forgot to take into account Wolvie's skeleton.

4. Or that.

BT, I think what is happening is some people in the comic forums have convinced you Wolvie is some sort of invulnerable, unharmable, killing machine, sure, he can take alot and heal from alot, but he is by no means unbeatable.

Jugg's record against magic is inconsistent, that's why it's doubtful. But from what I've seen Dante can't beat Juggs for majority.

And those swords (Yamato at least, probably other Devil Arms as well looking as in Dreamwave DMC comics Dante uses Force Edge and Alastor to casually cut through stone walls without much effort) were stated to cut through most materials on human plane of reality.
In fact, by herald I don't mean high herald like Silver Surfer. Dante is versalite enough for low herald tier.
In fact claiming that Sparda form\Super Sparda form and its stats are gameplay, yet Dante's limits on DT aren't the case of gameplay balance\CIS which they are (Dante thinks of himself as of human by default, turning into demon form takes conscious effort for him, and the thing that he appears as human in all the cutscenes also shows that, not that there's any limitations- that's a case of CIS as he doesn't want to fight demons as demon, since that takes away all the pleasure of revenge) smells like hypocrisy.

Burning thought
nah, i think whats happened V2D is people have you fooled that Dante is unharmable and a killing machine, the guy has not many feats and his major powers like time manip and his DT are limited wheras Wolvie is unharmable in Dantes eyes, hes never going to knock Wolvie out...with what will he knock wolvie out with?

Wolvie could slice Dantes head off, Dantes shown few durability feats, the best prob being mortal bullets hitting his head and boucing off but they shoot his head back, its not like he just stood there and took it easily

also Debel, i thought you meant what they did in their youngest forms, not how they started, yeh okie Kain started as a human so go figuire, that is irrelevent, however in the same game he gains many powers like soul rip and blood gout

Debel i dont know who your trying to fool but its certainly not working on me, nothing says in the games that it is unlimited, you make up excuses like it wont be fun enough, was it fun enough to watch his brother fall into hell? why didnt he just DT and time stop and grab his brother? exactley, you would claim PIS but apprently thats how it happens and furthermore nothing else would state he has unlimted DT

its not unlimited, he cannot do it indefinaltey nor Time powers, he has a good variety of powers but is he on the same level as Firestorm? apprently he can nuke cities and uses tonnes of stuff, or Apocalypse? who can moleculise his body into diffrent things and use all kinds of energy

Violent2Dope
Jugg's record against magic is inconsistent, that's why it's doubtful. But from what I've seen Dante can't beat Juggs for majority.

And those swords (Yamato at least, probably other Devil Arms as well looking as in Dreamwave DMC comics Dante uses Force Edge and Alastor to casually cut through stone walls without much effort) were stated to cut through most materials on human plane of reality.
In fact, by herald I don't mean high herald like Silver Surfer. Dante is versalite enough for low herald tier.
In fact claiming that Sparda form\Super Sparda form and its stats are gameplay, yet Dante's limits on DT aren't the case of gameplay balance\CIS which they are (Dante thinks of himself as of human by default, turning into demon form takes conscious effort for him, and the thing that he appears as human in all the cutscenes also shows that, not that there's any limitations- that's a case of CIS as he doesn't want to fight demons as demon, since that takes away all the pleasure of revenge) smells like hypocrisy. 1. Meh. A full powered Juggy IMO would crush Dante, but that's just me.

2. And adamantium in Marvel is called indestructible and is one of the hardest substances in the universe.

3. I know you don't mean Silver Surfur herald. You're not as bad as Alucard(Hellsing) fanboys. stick out tongue

4. Kay...what?

Dante is a Low Herald IMO.

Charlotte DeBel
Anyways, I stopped listening to Wolvie fanboys once they began to believe Wolvie beating Shang Chi in 3 f*cking panels wasn't PIS and that Wolverine pwns gods of war for a morning workout.

Violent2Dope
nah, i think whats happened V2D is people have you fooled that Dante is unharmable and a killing machine, the guy has not many feats and his major powers like time manip and his DT are limited wheras Wolvie is unharmable in Dantes eyes, hes never going to knock Wolvie out...with what will he knock wolvie out with?

Wolvie could slice Dantes head off, Dantes shown few durability feats, the best prob being mortal bullets hitting his head and boucing off but they shoot his head back, its not like he just stood there and took it easily

also Debel, i thought you meant what they did in their youngest forms, not how they started, yeh okie Kain started as a human so go figuire, that is irrelevent, however in the same game he gains many powers like soul rip and blood gout 1. Captain America can hurt him with normal punches, a normal human(a tough fvckin human, but human nontheless). Dante can and WOULD hurt him. Wolvie is good, but not that good.

2. Too bad he's too slow, huh? Dante could ram his sword under his chin and into his brain.

Violent2Dope
Anyways, I stopped listening to Wolvie fanboys once they began to believe Wolvie beating Shang Chi in 3 f*cking panels wasn't PIS and that Wolverine pwns gods of war for a morning workout. Ah...the Wolverine vs. Ares thread.

Burning thought
1. Captain America can hurt him with normal punches, a normal human(a tough fvckin human, but human nontheless). Dante can and WOULD hurt him. Wolvie is good, but not that good.

2. Too bad he's too slow, huh? Dante could ram his sword under his chin and into his brain.

1. according to what, altho i dont know Capt America, what strength feats does he have and compare them to dante breaking a few tables....easy

2. Wolvie would regerate, wheres that scan, didnt you see the scan where Wolvie is melted away in acid, as me and fuddle have said, he cna come back from just a skeleton, no into brain stuff

Charlotte DeBel

also Debel, i thought you meant what they did in their youngest forms, not how they started, yeh okie Kain started as a human so go figuire, that is irrelevent, however in the same game he gains many powers like soul rip and blood gout

Debel i dont know who your trying to fool but its certainly not working on me, nothing says in the games that it is unlimited, you make up excuses like it wont be fun enough, was it fun enough to watch his brother fall into hell? why didnt he just DT and time stop and grab his brother? exactley, you would claim PIS but apprently thats how it happens and furthermore nothing else would state he has unlimted DT

its not unlimited, he cannot do it indefinaltey nor Time powers, he has a good variety of powers but is he on the same level as Firestorm? apprently he can nuke cities and uses tonnes of stuff, or Apocalypse? who can moleculise his body into diffrent things and use all kinds of energy

His best is actually having his own heart being ripped off in the scene when he asquires Alastor. And we didn't see Kain as a human in any of games, he starts as a noob vampire who has to run away\use stealth against some puny Saraphan knights.
And a 8 day Juggernaut kills Dante in a second, the best Dante can hope for is to run\fly away from him.

Violent2Dope
1. according to what, altho i dont know Capt America, what strength feats does he have and compare them to dante breaking a few tables....easy

2. Wolvie would regerate, wheres that scan, didnt you see the scan where Wolvie is melted away in acid, as me and fuddle have said, he cna come back from just a skeleton, no into brain stuff 1. He can lift about 800 pounds. Dante accidently broke thru a stone ceiling easily, and this was DMC3 Dante.

2. Regen from having his brain die? I don't think he's ever done that...

Fuddle
Okay, Wolvie's skeleton>>>bullets, we got that part.

How about Wolverine making it trough this? stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/118b9b6e.jpg

Charlotte DeBel
Ah...the Wolverine vs. Ares thread.

Almost as bad as Hulk beating Jack Hawksmoor on Coruscant. Ares is so underrated that it's shame.

Blax_Hydralisk
MzQnqRHScT8

He's got biceps to spare no expression

Violent2Dope
How about Wolverine making it trough this? stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/118b9b6e.jpg Cool. He was still knocked out after that.

Fuddle
Cool. He was still knocked out after that.

Right now I am not talking for Wolverine against Dante. I am just fishing up cool stuff about Wolverine smile

Fuddle
Edit

Violent2Dope
Right now I am not talking for Wolverine against Dante. I am just fishing up cool stuff about Wolverine smile Oh ok.

Violent2Dope
Here are scans of Superman pwning a noob.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6473/supermanv218801gt4.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5536/supermanv218802ar1.jpg

Blax_Hydralisk
Fvck Superman. Wolverine can beat him.

Charlotte DeBel
1. He can lift about 800 pounds. Dante accidently broke thru a stone ceiling easily, and this was DMC3 Dante.

2. Regen from having his brain die? I don't think he's ever done that...

Pre-DMC. 18 years old beginner.
And even anime version, which is relatively unimpressive one (though anime takes place somewhere between DMC1 and DMC4) gets rid of handcuffs as if those are silk threads.
Also Dante doesn't have lifting feats (the best one is using a motorcycle for melee combat so he's no greater than class 5 in terms of weightlifting) but has plenty of feats related to force of hits and skills. Like destroying stone statue with a punch in the tower dive scene from DMC3 (he also makes it explode from inside by overloading it with his demonic energy, like chi overloads which are shown in some kung fu movies\mangas).
But that's not a weightlifting contest, I believe.

Fuddle
Here is Wolverine moving faster than the eye can read:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2310/wolverinev3013p08zz1.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3616/wolverinev3013p09xd2.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6754/wolverinev3013p10qv4.jpg

Burning thought
His best is actually having his own heart being ripped off in the scene when he asquires Alastor. And we didn't see Kain as a human in any of games, he starts as a noob vampire who has to run away\use stealth against some puny Saraphan knights.
And a 8 day Juggernaut kills Dante in a second, the best Dante can hope for is to run\fly away from him.

ripped off? wtf, Alastar in DMC 1? it just goes through him....and he pulls himself off it...

yeh we did, play the games again or find out information, in BO 1 the first game, hes a human in the beginning, phail.....

Saraphan glyph knight would duche puny sand demons from DMC 3

Violent2Dope
Superman pwning more noobs.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6272/supermanv218805nk8.jpg
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8371/supermanv218806ng3.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6236/supermanv218807vy1.jpg
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2774/supermanv218808zq3.jpg

Blax_Hydralisk
Post scans of a character that isn't retarded powerful and 1-dimensional.. like Carnage no expression

Charlotte DeBel
ripped off? wtf, Alastar in DMC 1? it just goes through him....and he pulls himself off it...

yeh we did, play the games again or find out information, in BO 1 the first game, hes a human in the beginning, phail.....

Saraphan glyph knight would duche puny sand demons from DMC 3

It goes through his heart, so by pulling himself out of him he rips his own heart into parts- that's why he is really weakned for a few seconds after that. His body has to deal with major damage. Being pinned through the chest, not through the heart, with electrified sword, also happened to Dante in DMC1 even earlier- during his encounter with Trish.
Kain starts as newly initiated, not as human, the human nobleman gets killed and then recuressted as a basic vampire.

Burning thought
It goes through his heart, so by pulling himself out of him he rips his own part into parts.
Kain starts as newly initiated, not as human, the human nobleman gets killed and then recuressted as a basic vampire.

not neccerily, also do you have a vid of the clib, i through it pierced his central ribcage joint, also not neccerily will he be ripping his heart into bits, it could of been a clean cut through which it looked like to me

you said we never see him as human, we see him assinated so technically thats his weakest showing and form, but how is this relevent to anything?

Charlotte DeBel
Technically we don't see that version of action. The vids are in Dante's RT.
The ribcage joint is pierced in the encounter with Trish, and heart being ripped into parts is a result of two deductions:
1. The shape of Alastor sword, all those batwings etc would have needed to go through his heart, so no clear cut as WHOLE sword including heavily decorated handgrip goes through the Dante's body.
2. He feels much weaker after that than in cases of simple "blade through the chest" (sand demons, Trish (Trish electrified a sword before pinning Dante to the wall with it and it did nothing)) so the damage was more serious.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Post scans of a character that isn't retarded powerful and 1-dimensional.. like Carnage no expression Okay. How about Classic Beyonder? big grin

Props to Mr Master for the scans, directly from his respect thread.

He's Beyond Space and Time
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9851/beyondspaceandtimefk9.th.jpg
Beyonder was All there was outside the Multiverse
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6606/beyondspacetime2pq7.th.jpg
Heroes...Villians and everyone else on earth bowing to the Beyonder.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7841/beyondercontrolsallheroesvillansca6.th.jpg
Even Bacteria & Viruses...Inanimate objects...Atoms and any substance in existence bows to the Beyonder.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/640/beyondercontrolseverythingct4.th.jpg
Just by Beyonder thinking to much....Suns Implode..Worlds Collide...Parallel Dimensions Collapse
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8239/beyonderthinkingtf2.th.jpg
The ENTIRE Watcher race agrees to Interfere with the Beyonder...this is UNHEARD OF.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7403/watchercouncilti2.th.jpg
Beyonder is Reality
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8379/beyonderisrealitydw2.th.jpg

123KID
lol Dante vs. Classic Beyonder
it might be the first time the odds are infinity to negative infinity
i r teh math n00b

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by 123KID
lol Dante vs. Classic Beyonder
it might be the first time the odds are infinity to negative infinity
i r teh math n00b This thread just was derailed, so I decided to post cool scans. That is all.

More scans now.

Beyonder has the Living Universe begging him to not kill Multi-Death
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8895/abstractsbegbeyonder2wr7.th.jpg
He does anyway.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3842/beyonderkillsdeath2kv6.th.jpg
Death is ERASED across The Entire Multiverse
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6859/beyonderkillsdeath3tq0.th.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2465/beyondernodeathjo1.th.jpg
Beyonder recreates Death
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2797/beyonderressurectsdeath2ij8.th.jpg
Beyonder talks to Death
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4171/beyondertalkingtodeathxu1.th.jpg
Death is too AFRAID to even respond to her X-Muderer
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7964/beyondertalkingtodeath2kx4.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.