Rise of the foot soldier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
http://www.riseofthefootsoldier.co.uk/

charts the rise of Carlton Leach from football casual to east end gangland lieutenant

very few films show violence on screen as brutal as this..we're talking at one point you see a guy getting shot point blank in the face with a shotgun...you then see whats left of him...eye popping out...the works

its also hilariously funny in parts

the plot kind of races through and skips over some aspects of the main characters life and it skips about chronologically at the end a little

but over all...definitely one of the most entertaining British films i've seen in a long long time

MildPossession
All I read about it was extreme rubbish, it looks it too. I'll wait till it comes onto television.

jaden101
i never read anything on it before i watched it...

there's alot of debate because its based on a real event and there's alot of criticism that its nothing like what actually happened...but then it makes reference to that by the fact that it gives alternative rumours about the final 3 murders in the film

i suggest you make up your own mind

MildPossession
The negatives were to do with the acting/film making side, not to do with the real events aspect.

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
The negatives were to do with the acting/film making side, not to do with the real events aspect.

well then i can vouch for it not being the case...some of the voice over at the start is a bit unconvincing but even craig fairbrass puts in a good performance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.