Ness vs Mew(two)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Csdabest
TK battle. If Ness is too much for Mew or if Mewtwo would be a better challenge. Then i will alow

So who wins?

ThoraxeRMG
*Cries*
*Transforms into a MOTHER Fanboy*
Ness wins, he destroys them both, seriously..

Fuddle
This is spite, right? stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Mew & Mewtwo pwn Ness. Ness is no match for these Pokemon

Rubyguy
shut the **** up morons

Csdabest
its only one on one. mew vs ness. If ness happens to be too much. Then Mewtwo vs Ness

ThoraxeRMG
Of course Ness is too much.
He rips his PK Rockin' on Mew and rips a PK Inferno on Mewtwo.
END.

Violent2Dope
Mew alone pwns him.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Csdabest
its only one on one. mew vs ness. If ness happens to be too much. Then Mewtwo vs Ness

Right I know. Ness wishes he could take either one of them. Maybe he can beat Abra...maybe.

Classic NES
Ness kills him.

ThoraxeRMG
Of course Ness wins.

First_Tsurugi06
Unlike most comparisons, this one CAN be settled through more than words. But going by the logic I'm considering, I'd choose Mewtwo.

Fuddle
With a plain thought will either of the two pokemons destroy Ness stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Fuddle
With a plain thought will either of the two pokemons destroy Ness stick out tongue Ness created a pocket universe with his mind. That feat is way beyond Mew or Mewtwo's power.

Blax_Hydralisk
Creating a Universe means nothing. Goku can destroy a planet, but I don't see him beating Mew-Two either.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Creating a Universe means nothing. Goku can destroy a planet, but I don't see him beating Mew-Two either. Goku isn't psychic. stick out tongue

Creating a universe means a lot, if you can do it with the power of your mind, and you're facing another psychic. Or anyone for that matter.

PSI Rockin Omega FTW.

Or PSI Flash for an OHKO.

Blax_Hydralisk
it shows that he's powerful.

But that doesn't mean he can defend himself from getting his brain exploded in under a milisecond.

You have to be aware of an attack in order to defend against it.

Cosmic Cube
it shows that he's powerful.

But that doesn't mean he can defend himself from getting his brain exploded in under a milisecond.

You have to be aware of an attack in order to defend against it. Mewtwo doesn't explode people's brains. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And he definitely won't explode Ness's. It's too powerful.

Ness doesn't have a normal human brain. He's handled foes that can stop time, and the like, so speed isn't a big problem.

A PSI Shield would prevent either of them from affecting him at all.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Mewtwo doesn't explode people's brains. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prove it.

A skull is too powerful? I doubt it.

He's handled foes that can stop time, and the like, so speed isn't a big problem.

Prove it. That's an A>B>C argument.

Prove he'll get it off in time. Also prove that his shield can block it.

Cosmic Cube
Prove it.

A skull is too powerful? I doubt it.

He's handled foes that can stop time, and the like, so speed isn't a big problem.

Prove he'll get it off in time. Also prove that his shield can block it. I think the burden of proving that he can or does rests with you. I could just as easily say Ness does the same to him.

Have you ever seen him explode someone's brain. confused

It has nothing to do with his skull.

Nothing wrong with an A>B>C argument.

The shield blocks any psychic attacks until it wears off. It's a basic part of Mother gameplay.

Prove Mewtwo is fast enough to pull anything off before Ness puts up his shield.

EvilAngel
Nothing wrong with an A>B>C argument.

Fire > Grass > Water

So by ABC Logic fire beats water, lol

Blax_Hydralisk

Prove he'll get it off in time. Also prove that his shield can block it. I think the burden of proving that he can rests with you.

I've never seen Brock take a sh*t. Does that mean he can't?

You don't know how to debate, do you?

Prove it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Fire > Grass > Water

So by ABC Logic fire beats water, lol

Thank you.

Cosmic Cube
I think the burden of proving that he can rests with you.

I've never seen Brock take a sh*t. Does that mean he can't?

You don't know how to debate, do you?

Prove it.
I don't understand your first statement.

That doesn't help your argument. Maybe Brock can't take a shit.

Maybe Ness can create a black hole, since heck, he can create a universe. Maybe Ness can react FTL, heck, he took on a cosmic being capable of universal destruction. I don't know, I've never seen him do it.
See what I mean?

I do, a little.

You'd have to play the game to understand. But then again you don't seem to know much about this game.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Fire > Grass > Water

So by ABC Logic fire beats water, lol Makes sense.

But hey...Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Creating a Universe means nothing. Goku can destroy a planet

Apparently destroying a planet>creating a universe according to his logic. Not much better than mine.

Dead Warrior
if ness would fight against both at the same time he wouldn't stand a chance

two highly developed beings of one wich has been practicing for ages?
mewtwo who was designed only for the purpose of dwarfing any other creature with anything near psychic abilities?

they might turn him into stone as they did to that ash kid

or keep teleporting around him till he gets dizzy and faints.

Lady Fox
Mewtwo destroys that little child.

Neo Darkhalen
TK battle. If Ness is too much for Mew or if Mewtwo would be a better challenge. Then i will alow

So who wins?

Why did you put two in Brackets?

Anyway Ness wins.

Lady Fox
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Why did you put two in Brackets?

Anyway Ness wins.

Based on what?

He wrote why he did bracket, if you read it closely stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Dead Warrior
if ness would fight against both at the same time he wouldn't stand a chance

two highly developed beings of one wich has been practicing for ages?
mewtwo who was designed only for the purpose of dwarfing any other creature with anything near psychic abilities?

they might turn him into stone as they did to that ash kid

or keep teleporting around him till he gets dizzy and faints.
For one, he isn't fighting both at the same time.

Two, you're underestimating Ness. He has more psychic power than either or Mew or Mewtwo. His feats show it.

Ness isn't Ash, and he's not just a Normal Kid. He can protect himself from such an attack with a near instant PSI Shield, and he's got an attack that can OHKO either of them.

Ness can teleport as well.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Lady Fox
Mewtwo destroys that little child.
Reasoning?

He's above Mewtwo's in terms of raw power.

How much do you honestly know of Ness, aside from what you've seen in SSBM?

Neo Darkhalen
Based on what?

He wrote why he did bracket, if you read it closely stick out tongue

I have only read the first post in this thread no expression

Lady Fox
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I have only read the first post in this thread no expression

Where it was stated stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Yes. no expression

Lady Fox
Reasoning?

He's above Mewtwo's in terms of raw power.

How much do you honestly know of Ness, aside from what you've seen in SSBM?

I read about him on Wikipedia and I looked at a couple of youtube videos, and I have read what has been written about him in this thread. He does not seem to have a large stash of power at all that will assist him versus Mewtwo.

Cosmic Cube
I read about him on Wikipedia and I looked at a couple of youtube videos, and I have read what has been written about him in this thread. He does not seem to have a large stash of power at all that will assist him versus Mewtwo. The wikipedia article doesn't really do him justice. Got to a place like www.starmen.net to get a better idea of Ness's power.

As I stated earlier, Ness has displayed enough psychic power to create a pocket universe, which is more than what Mewtwo has shown, and therefore, it is safe to assume that Ness has more psychic power.

Ness has psychic techniques, such as PSI Flash, which can OHKO Mewtwo, and PSI Rockin, which would do quite a bit of damage to him.

Ness has very high durability and vitality as well, not to mention a variety of psychic shields that reflect psychic attacks upon the user, and he can completely heal any damage done to him on a whim.

Lady Fox
PSI Flash? OHKO? PSI Rockin? What are those things? Could not find anything at the link you gave me.

Mewtwo has also been seen to have a huge quantity of vitality and durability, not to mention a varity of psychic shields that reflect any attacks upon him. He has blocked the attacks of hostilities before they have gotten the chance to launch it. He has shown AMAZING speed.

How effective is Ness teleport? Because that would be the only thing that can save him if Mewtwo decides to make an effort in this fight.

Blax_Hydralisk

Ness isn't Ash, and he's not just a Normal Kid. He can protect himself from such an attack with a near instant PSI Shield, and he's got an attack that can OHKO either of them.

We've never seen Ness block any of Mew-Two's attacks before, so by your logic he can't.

Cosmic Cube
PSI Flash? OHKO? PSI Rockin? What are those things? Could not find anything at the link you gave me.

Mewtwo has also been seen to have a huge quantity of vitality and durability, not to mention a varity of psychic shields that reflect any attacks upon him. He has blocked the attacks of hostilities before they have gotten the chance to launch it. He has shown AMAZING speed.

How effective is Ness teleport? Because that would be the only thing that can save him if Mewtwo decides to make an effort in this fight.
A chart describing each PSI Power is on the site on the Earthbound Walkthrough page. PSI Flash can OHKO an opponent, or paralyze them, or numb their brain so that they cannot use their psychic abilties. PSI Rockin just does damage.

I know that Mewtwo possesses a brain superior to a supercomputer, but his thoughtspeed alone won't win this fight, Ness doesn't have an ordinary human brain, and he has psychic defenses. Mewtwo isn't more powerful than Ness; showings speak otherwise.

To teleport, Ness mentally accelerates himself to warp speed and reappears somewhere else. While Teleport alpha requires space, beta requires very little.
We've never seen Ness block any of Mew-Two's attacks before, so by your logic he can't.

Perhaps he can't. Or perhaps Mewtwo's attacks don't affect Ness at all.

The problem with your logic is that you're saying that Mewtwo can do things he's never been shown to do. Instead of being extreme, debate using facts relating to what the said character can and cannot do, rather than speculation.

Blax_Hydralisk
Perhaps he can't. Or perhaps Mewtwo's attacks don't affect Ness at all.

The problem with your logic is that you're saying that Mewtwo can do things he's never been shown to do. Instead of being extreme, debate using facts relating to what the said character can and cannot do, rather than speculation.

And your problem is that you're basing everything only on what you've seen, which makes it impossible to debate a completely hypothetical match. Debate using more logical deductions.

Cosmic Cube
And your problem is that you're basing everything only on what you've seen, which makes it impossible to debate a completely hypothetical match. Debate using more logical deductions. If a character has never displayed such an ability, there's no reason to believe that he or she possesses it. It's not impossible at all.

Stating that Mewtwo can simply make Ness's head explode when he has never shown that he could inflict such damage on another psychic, or anyone for that matter, isn't exactly sound debating.

Turning Ness to stone (with Mew's help, no less) is more acceptable.

Blax_Hydralisk
If a character has never displayed such an ability, there's no reason to believe that he or she possesses it. It's not impossible at all.

Stating that Mewtwo can simply make Ness's head explode when he has never shown that he could inflict such damage on another psychic, or anyone for that matter, isn't exactly sound debating.

Stating that Ness can create a Psi-Shield that will block Mew-Two's attack when he has never done so isn't sound debating, then, is it?

I guess this is a stalemate then, as by your logic neither can hurt each other, because they've never been shown to hurt each other before.

Cosmic Cube
Stating that Ness can create a Psi-Shield that will block Mew-Two's attack when he has never done so isn't sound debating, then, is it?

I guess this is a stalemate then, as by your logic neither can hurt each other, because they've never been shown to hurt each other before. No, but stating that he has created psychic shields that deflect psychic attacks works fine.

Now, if you can just cite Mewtwo exploding anyone's brain (not Ness's, anyone's, even a non-psychic,) your argument will be 100% valid. Or maybe 50-75%

Blax_Hydralisk
No, but stating that he has created psychic shields that deflect psychic attacks works fine.

But he hasn't done it against Mew-Two. As such, it'd be perfectly reasonable to say he can't do it. Don't you think so?

In the comic, with a casual flick of his hand he crushed a boulder into dust. Logic dictates that if he could do it to a boulder then he could do it to a soft, fleshy person.

Cosmic Cube
But he hasn't done it against Mew-Two. As such, it'd be perfectly reasonable to say he can't do it. Don't you think so?

In the comic, with a casual flick of his hand he crushed a boulder into dust. Logic dictates that if he could do it to a boulder then he could do it to a soft, fleshy person.
Read my prior statement. Identity is irrelevant.

You're doing better, but isn't that an A>B>C argument?

Nevertheless, Ness isn't a defenseless rock.

So, manga is canon for the purposes of this debate?

Blax_Hydralisk
Read my prior statement. Identity is irrelevant.

I wasn't aware you were the authority on what is relevant and what's not.

No.

So?

'it's not the manga. As far as Canon is concerned, it's similar to the Halo novels.

Cosmic Cube
I wasn't aware you were the authority on what is relevant and what's not.

No.

So?

'it's not the manga. As far as Canon is concerned, it's similar to the Halo novels.
I'm not. sad

If I were, I'd say "it's irrelevant because I say so," or something to that effect.

Ness=C, Rock=B, Mewtwo=A?

I guess you didn't get the jist of what I'm saying. Unlike a rock, Ness can defend himself from psychic attacks.

Edit: A Japanese comic is more commonly known as manga. Or is it American?

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm not. sad

If I were, I'd say "it's irrelevant because I say so," or something to that effect.

*points and laughs*

No. It would only be an A>B>C argument if I had said that because Mew-two beat a rock he could beat Ness. I was simply giving an example of Mew-Two crushing something using his powers.

I got the gist.

I am aware, but it's not Japanese. It was made by Nintendo of America I think.

Cosmic Cube
*points and laughs*

No. It would only be an A>B>C argument if I had said that because Mew-two beat a rock he could beat Ness. I was simply giving an example of Mew-Two crushing something using his powers.

I got the gist.

I am aware, but it's not Japanese. It was made by Nintendo of America I think.

schmoll

Instead, you directly implied that Mewtwo can crush Ness because he crushed a rock.

*gist.

A japanese comic translated to english is still Manga. Not if it was made by NOA though. Then it's a comic.

Blax_Hydralisk
Instead, you directly implied that Mewtwo can crush Ness because he crushed a rock.

But that's not an A>B>C argument. I didn't say he could beat him because of it.

I already knew that erm

Cosmic Cube
But that's not an A>B>C argument. I didn't say he could beat him because of it.

I already knew that erm But look at the implication of your words.

I'm pretty sure crushing Ness would defeat him. erm

Blax_Hydralisk
But look at the implication of your words.

What you think I implied doesn't matter.

Relevance?

Csdabest
think is TK is mind not physical. Unless Ness has a telepathical barrier i dont see why cant mew two crush ness body. Since Boulder material is more durable than flesh

Cosmic Cube
What you think I implied doesn't matter.

Relevance? You're right. It's not about what I think.

Maybe I missed what you were saying. Were you implying something else?
think is TK is mind not physical. Unless Ness has a telepathical barrier i dont see why cant mew two crush ness body. Since Boulder material is more durable than flesh
You've got it backwards. TK is physical, and TP is mental. Yes, Ness has psychic shields.

Lady Fox
But look at the implication of your words.

There we have it then. Mewtwo creates a barrier around Ness. He then lands a building/huge rock/heavy object upon him. Since Ness needs to move to teleport, it will not work and Ness is a squished felshling.

Cosmic Cube
There we have it then. Mewtwo creates a barrier around Ness. He then lands a building/huge rock/heavy object upon him. Since Ness needs to move to teleport, it will not work and Ness is a squished felshling. Or Ness could effortlessly shield himself from being crushed by the building/huge rock/heavy object, and counterattack with PSI Flash, possibly disabling Mewtwo's psychic abilities or instantly defeating him.

In-game, when Ness is teleporting, time temporarily stops for everything around him, except for someone who's he's teleporting with him.

Lady Fox
Or Ness could effortlessly shield himself from being crushed by the building/huge rock/heavy object, and counterattack with PSI Flash, possibly disabling Mewtwo's psychic abilities or instantly defeating him.

In-game, when Ness is teleporting, time temporarily stops for everything around him, except for someone who's he's teleporting with him.

I have formerly only discussed movie/serie Mewtwo. Do not make me bring gameplay Mewtwo all over you wink

Cosmic Cube
I have formerly only discussed movie/serie Mewtwo. Do not make me bring gameplay Mewtwo all over you wink
But Ness doesn't have any non-gameplay appearances. sad

I've played plenty of Pokemon, and Mewtwo is one of my favorites. I know what Mewtwo is capable of in gameplay. He has the second highest Special Attack of any known Pokemon, and probably 10th-20th in speed.

I know he's a beast, but the main reason I joined in on this thread is because I don't think Ness is getting the respect he's due. No one here seems to know a lot about him, so some say Mewtwo wins by default, and the others who support Ness really don't know why.

I believe that either could win, but featwise I say Ness has an edge in power.

ThoraxeRMG
Mewtwo does a uber PSI attack on Ness, Ness uses PSI Counter which backfires the assault on Mewtwo with kills him.
Ness wins.

Csdabest
Isnt Ness that character in Super Smash brothers O.o. I dont know ho he is really. Never heard of him outside of Supersmash. j.p

Lady Fox
Isnt Ness that character in Super Smash brothers O.o. I dont know ho he is really. Never heard of him outside of Supersmash. j.p

He is part of the Earthbound series smile

Lady Fox
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Mewtwo does a uber PSI attack on Ness, Ness uses PSI Counter which backfires the assault on Mewtwo with kills him.
Ness wins.

How well is Ness stamina? Because Mewtwo has been seen (In the movie) to reflect one of the most powerful blasts in Pokemon without effort. If they both have great stamina, they would be reflecting the same spell forever. However, while Ness focus his shield Mewtwo would launch blast, after blast, after blast, while at the same time keep a barrier around Ness that prevents him from launching projectiles.

Ness may be a powerful child, but Mewtwo is beyond a supercomputer in awareness, he has never grown tired (Not even after moving an entire landscape with his mind), he did not even put an effort into lifting a fair twenty Tauros pokemons with a plain thought.

If, towards all likelyness the PSI attack would hit Mewtwo, he could (Using gameplay) heal up half of the damage that had been caused to him. He could then create a couple of clones (Gameplay) and start earthquakes to disorient Ness. After activating the earthquakes, he could put his shield (That is limited to endurance equal to his mind) up and create psionic storms, thunderstorms and manipulate the weather to bring storms upon the battlefield.

Lady Fox
But Ness doesn't have any non-gameplay appearances. sad

I've played plenty of Pokemon, and Mewtwo is one of my favorites. I know what Mewtwo is capable of in gameplay. He has the second highest Special Attack of any known Pokemon, and probably 10th-20th in speed.

I know he's a beast, but the main reason I joined in on this thread is because I don't think Ness is getting the respect he's due. No one here seems to know a lot about him, so some say Mewtwo wins by default, and the others who support Ness really don't know why.

I believe that either could win, but featwise I say Ness has an edge in power.

I am sure Ness is a great combatant. He has fought darkness and powerful beings beyond most things Mewtwo has encountered. However, even though this has been- I can not help to see all the things Mewtwo has done flash by my eyes. He has only put an effort into something one time during the movies (Which was when he was being tortured by a machine that was designed to counter HIS powers specificly and he tried breaking out).

He for crying out loud lifted a buss several miles away, trough mountains, forest and a lake by simply lifting his hand stick out tongue

If nothing else, he could fight Ness from miles away big grin

I am sure Ness deserves a lot of respect, but he is put up against a creature that which TK is only limited by his mind (Which is a huge mind)

ThoraxeRMG
How well is Ness stamina? Because Mewtwo has been seen (In the movie) to reflect one of the most powerful blasts in Pokemon without effort. If they both have great stamina, they would be reflecting the same spell forever. However, while Ness focus his shield Mewtwo would launch blast, after blast, after blast, while at the same time keep a barrier around Ness that prevents him from launching projectiles.

Ness may be a powerful child, but Mewtwo is beyond a supercomputer in awareness, he has never grown tired (Not even after moving an entire landscape with his mind), he did not even put an effort into lifting a fair twenty Tauros pokemons with a plain thought.

If, towards all likelyness the PSI attack would hit Mewtwo, he could (Using gameplay) heal up half of the damage that had been caused to him. He could then create a couple of clones (Gameplay) and start earthquakes to disorient Ness. After activating the earthquakes, he could put his shield (That is limited to endurance equal to his mind) up and create psionic storms, thunderstorms and manipulate the weather to bring storms upon the battlefield.

Of course.
Did you not see this post I made when I entered this thread?

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
*Cries*
*Transforms into a MOTHER Fanboy*
Ness wins, he destroys them both, seriously..

Anime: Mewtwo wins (Even though MOTHER never had a anime)
Gameplay Mech: Ness wins

Lady Fox
Mewtwo got the same abilities and more in the game.

ThoraxeRMG
Not really..
The Anime hyped Mewtwo's PSI abilities to a ridiculous level.

Lady Fox
They are greater at scale, yes, but against any one opponent he is more powerful in the game, in my opinion smile

MadMel
mewtwo would wtf snap any pokemon in the game with no effort if he had his anime powers erm

*mewtwo using uber fireball thingy*
*mewtwo uses TK bus lift*
*mewtwo uses tk uber worldwide storm*
*mewtwo uses giant psychic flame attack*
and etc

Lady Fox
I think either version would destroy Ness stick out tongue

I am sure Ness has a limit of range, so Mewtwo can simply fight him from miles away smile

MadMel
i doubt mewtwo would be such a coward erm

Lady Fox
He would probably fight him from meters away, but I am just saying that if that was what it took- he would.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.