How many books do you Have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I used to go to the local liabrary eveyweek but i lost intrest in reading . Anyway How many books do you have ??

chillmeistergen
I personally own about 300-400. Though there's probably about a thousand in the house.

SelphieT
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I personally own about 300-400. Though there's probably about a thousand in the house.

I hate you Chill.

shrugI have no idea. I have at least 20 of mine here at my new house, but at my old house, who knows. I have lots. Not as much as that loser Chill though.

Impediment
Upwards of 150+, I think.

Callan
I tend to only purchase books that I like, so I don't own very many, probably just around 50 or so.

MistressofSnape
Err... probably have 100 here, but at my mother's way more... I have a closet filled with books over there, it's ridiculous and that's not counting the ones in stashed in odd places.

Blue_Hefner
About 30. I don't really have time read a lot anymore

Tempe Brennan
About 100, but only because there isn't enough space for them all

JediSamuraiMRB
I have nearly 600 novels.

Strangelove
I own a good 100-some, I'm always buying more.

Bardock42
Originally posted by coolmovies
I used to go to the local liabrary eveyweek but i lost intrest in reading . Anyway How many books do you have ?? 2. I plan to buy a third for Christmas though.

MildPossession
I probably have about 250+ of my own around the house.

spadoinkle
Hmmm maybe 80 something books. I always go to borders or barnes and nobles and buy new books so its always growing.

big gay kirk
at last cataloguing, including fiction and non fiction, excluding comics, magazines, and rpg rulebooks, i have 5,075..... and yes, i've read every single one.. would have had more, but got rid of about a third of my collection last year...

spadoinkle
Originally posted by big gay kirk
at last cataloguing, including fiction and non fiction, excluding comics, magazines, and rpg rulebooks, i have 5,075..... and yes, i've read every single one.. would have had more, but got rid of about a third of my collection last year...

wow...........................thats a lot. how long did it take to get all those books?

The big EH
well let me put it this way....i have every star wars book and then like atleast 100 more

Thunder Fox
ummm all twelve of cirque du freak sereies, most of the demonata, umm all potter books, eragon, twilight.... thats it

MildPossession
Well you have had longer to read than most of us on here stick out tongue

Kelly_Bean
Like...5 or 6.

oakling
I don't know but certainly several hundred. I've been getting rid of them slowly over the past year and a half, getting rid of more and more layers as I become willing to admit that I never will read or reread some of them or never liked them in the first place. Very lucrative smile

Kaleanae
like 40 many of them are ebooks :P

AndrewDavis17
I only own few books and most of these books are used during my review. Then I have some business books for business from experts of different industries.

Clone
like 5. i had more but i let friends borrow them and they "lose" them so i had like 8 aahahahaha

AbnormalButSane
Probably a little more than 100, but most of them are school books that I am unable to sell back. Terribly expensive and typically useless. mmm

That ACDC Chick
a freakin lot, i really need to count and catalogue them all the way i did with our DVDs a couple years ago

Bardock42
Probably about 100 here and a couple hundred more at home. I like to look at them, they are very pretty. One day I hope I will learn to read, but that's really secondary to me.

Robtard
50-60, I donated about 150 a few years back, so poor kids could learn to read and stuff.

Rogue Jedi
40ish, spread out over several locations.

Dreampanther
A couple of thousand, but that's between my brothers and I (we share a house, and can't remember who bought which books!).

ADarksideJedi
Too much to name!

KurtRussellCrow
I have several hundreds books, but with that many my brother and sister are always borrowing them. I rarely read a book more than once, so after I read it, my whole family follows up.

Akainu
Well my dad has a personal library. It's pretty big.

Joe Buck
Too many. My wife hates me. I had to box many up. I have to book cases full of stuff in the house. Complete set of Stephen King, Hunter S. Thompson, Bukowski, some books on Chaplin and Orson Welles, a handful of graphic novels...

AfroMan
Less than a dozen, unless you count my dad's books, which I read freely. Then the number gets up into the hundreds.

Coldfire
Oodles of books. A lot are at my mom's though sad

MildPossession
^ Nothing wrong with that.

Doc Blake
I have about 150 books.

miiih
Let me twist the question to some extend, I'm a new writer. I just finished the 2nd draft of my first novel. I just realized (after another post, and the answers I got) that it seems other writers work on more than one book/novel at a time. I don't know why this didn't really occur to me. I thought it would be better to focus on one project, start to finish. Then move to the next one. But I can see the logic in having 2 books going at once. Like someone said, you can work on a draft of one, after just finishing the draft of the other. Then flip flop, so when you return to a book, it seems more new than doing draft after draft, back to back, of the same book.
My only concern/problem with this is it'll take longer to finish a book, and make it ready to send out.

So I'm curious what other serious writers do, or what you've found works. I'd especially like to hear from published, "successful" writers. smile And/or those of you who make your living on your writing, which is where I'm striving to be.
Thanks!

siriuswriter
Hundreds. I save every book I've ever had, so my children's books are at my parents' home. at my apartment, I've got two enormous bookshelves, so probably about a little over a hundred here. I buy books a lot, I've never really been psyched about the library thing because the returning part is always hard for me. But anyway, I have more books than can fit on the shelves, so they're in a constant state of flux. I have three more bookshelves at my parents' house, in what is now my dad's office, so a good two hundred there.

So probably four hundred in total, counting ones I used to read over and over and the ones I now read over and over.

damsel-distress
Not so many, not just a few, just enough smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.