Hercules vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunbu04
This is hercules and colossus from the war world hulk mini

guy222
herc

Kutulu
Hercules.

cmack
hercules wins, he is more skilled thousands of years of experience, and it can be argued he is stronger

Soljer
Originally posted by cmack
hercules wins, he is more skilled thousands of years of experience, and it can be argued he is stronger

It can't just be argued. It's a certainty that Hercules is much stronger than Colossus.

Dr.Crankenstein
Good fight I think. Colossus showed his body can take more punishment than Herc's. but Herc. should win a good fight.

Metalmanx
Hercules wins. However, while Hercules is unarguably stronger than Colossus, it is also very safe to say that Colossus is far more durable than Herc.

But Herc's superior experience and strength win this fight for him.

Erik-Lensherr
Herc

juggernaut74
Colossus is good, but Herc. is better. Would be a good fight but Colossus will down down.

Laguna L
Hercules.

hunbu04
people keep referring to colossus having a better durability than hercules are the any proof.
According to stats the sentry possessed strength and durability on par with hercules and thor. time and time again hercules have proof his durability is among the best in marvel and yet people keep saying colossus durability is better.
Hercules have taken 50 caliber bullet without even noticing it in his new mini. He is immue to warlock karma blast, he have taken powerful energy blast from the possessor and elder of the universe with little or no damage and beaten him twice taken powerful energy blast from powerful beings like the beyonder,zeus,thor,firelord and many more without any major injury so how can colossus be more durable than hercules with no real durability feat

Metalmanx
Originally posted by hunbu04
people keep referring to colossus having a better durability than hercules are the any proof.
According to stats the sentry possessed strength and durability on par with hercules and thor. time and time again hercules have proof his durability is among the best in marvel and yet people keep saying colossus durability is better.
Hercules have taken 50 caliber bullet without even noticing it in his new mini. He is immue to warlock karma blast, he have taken powerful energy blast from the possessor and elder of the universe with little or no damage and beaten him twice taken powerful energy blast from powerful beings like the beyonder,zeus,thor,firelord and many more without any major injury so how can colossus be more durable than hercules with no real durability feat

The big problem is that Colossus does not have nearly as many showings as many other powerhouses, which is a real disappointment really.

But if you want a recent example, we can use the World War Hulk instances. You remember Herc's face after only a few punches from Hulk? Horribly bloody and bruised. And now remember Colossus after getting knocked around by Hulk? Unless my memory is shot, Colossus had no damaging marks to show for it, save for the crushed hands.

Colossus can also take 50 caliber bullets to his EYES without even a scratch. He's also immune to a few forms of magic, all sorts of radiation, electricution, energy projection, extremely high temperatures, etc., etc.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Metalmanx
The big problem is that Colossus does not have nearly as many showings as many other powerhouses, which is a real disappointment really.

But if you want a recent example, we can use the World War Hulk instances. You remember Herc's face after only a few punches from Hulk? Horribly bloody and bruised. And now remember Colossus after getting knocked around by Hulk? Unless my memory is shot, Colossus had no damaging marks to show for it, save for the crushed hands.

Colossus can also take 50 caliber bullets to his EYES without even a scratch. He's also immune to a few forms of magic, all sorts of radiation, electricution, energy projection, extremely high temperatures, etc., etc.

I see your point however, when Hercules was gettting smacked by Hulk he wasn't really fighting back, he was basically trying to reason with Hulk in order to calm him down. On the other hand when Colossus was fighting Hulk he was pissed due to the whole issue with Xavier. Colossus was fighting with purpose and adrenaline. Furthermore, Colossus wasnt alone. Hulk was taking on other X-Men including the New X-men therefore, Colossus wasn't taking a direct all out assault from the Hulk. He did get his hands crushed though which is just as bad if not worse than some cuts and bruises on your face.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by nimbus006
I see your point however, when Hercules was gettting smacked by Hulk he wasn't really fighting back, he was basically trying to reason with Hulk in order to calm him down. On the other hand when Colossus was fighting Hulk he was pissed due to the whole issue with Xavier. Colossus was fighting with purpose and adrenaline. Furthermore, Colossus wasnt alone. Hulk was taking on other X-Men including the New X-men therefore, Colossus wasn't taking a direct all out assault from the Hulk. He did get his hands crushed though which is just as bad if not worse than some cuts and bruises on your face. Trying to reason with somebody or not fighting back does not amp up your durbailty does it? A punch to the face is a punch to the face regardless if you're defending yourself or not.

nimbus006
edit

Metalmanx
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Trying to reason with somebody or not fighting back does not amp up your durbailty does it? A punch to the face is a punch to the face regardless if you're defending yourself or not.

I was about to say the same thing, you just beat me to it. thumb up

juggernaut74
He did get his hands crushed though which is just as bad if not worse than some cuts and bruises on your face. That's not a accurate comparison. Punching somebody is not the same as breaking somebodies arm. Hulk punched Colossus, Hulk punched Hercules, Hulk bent Colossus' arms, Hulk DIT NOT attempt to bend Hercules' arms. See my point?

nimbus006
Trying to reason with somebody or not fighting back does not amp up your durbailty does it? A punch to the face is a punch to the face regardless if you're defending yourself or not.

I don't think your understanding what Im trying to say. The reason Hercules face was so batterred was b/c he wasn't really fighting back. He was letting himself be hit. When your fighting back adrenaline does amp your durability. It can make blows feel less impactful, and help you keep fighting. Moreover, when your fighting back you can maneuver and position yourself in order to avoid direct shots. In Hercs case he was just standing there without either of these two factors helping him.

nimbus006
That's not a accurate comparison. Punching somebody is not the same as breaking somebodies arm. Hulk punched Colossus, Hulk punched Hercules, Hulk bent Colossus' arms, Hulk DIT NOT attempt to bend Hercules' arms. See my point?

Yea i do, but having your arms broken is still a knock on ones durability. I could say Hulk did not attempt to pound Colossus face in as he did to Herc which is why his face didnt recieive as much punishment as Hercs.

nimbus006
I was about to say the same thing, you just beat me to it. thumb up

Durability can be loosely be defined as how resistant one is to punishment, right? Would you not say when your defenseless you are less resistant to an assault than when your prepared and actually defending yourself.

juggernaut74
Durability can be loosely be defined as how resistant one is to punishment, right? Would you not say when your defenseless you are less resistant to an assault than when your prepared and actually defending yourself. That only applies to a kayo. Not bruises, cuts, etc.

nimbus006
Allow me to clarify something. Im not arguing that Hercules is more durable than Colossus. Im just saying I dont think the comparisons made from WWH are substantial enough to determine that Colossus is more durable. The situations were different, which is why i made these those points.

nimbus006
That only applies to a kayo. Not bruises, cuts, etc.

No, it does apply because when you're fighting back you can avoid direct hits that wouldn't of otherwise caused those bruises or cuts. You can evade and block certain attacks. Know what i mean?

Sin I AM
regardless to the amount of damage both sustained during WWH, Colossus has always been depicted as being a bottom tier brick, n an all-out brawl with every strong man n marvel pitted against each other...Piotr would be one of the 1st to get tossed out of the ring, he just doesnt make the cut

Newjak
Let's be honest here. Herc was taking a pounding yet even after that we could have easily continued fighting the Hulk and only had some minor wounds. That does say a lot.

Colossus after his only direct confrontation with Hulk had his hands and arms broken and realistically could no longer fight.

I mean this was Colossus' chance to finally show how much he has grown and become stronger and the writers basically kept him a low-tier brick.

nimbus006
Another thing, just because your face is smashed up doesn't mean you do not have good durability. If you keep fighting and take the punishment you still are very durable. For example, just cuz i bruise easier than someone doesn't mean that person is more durable than i am. Your ability to last determines your durability. The reason Colossus doesn't bruise as easily is cuz he's freakin made out of metal.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Newjak
Let's be honest here. Herc was taking a pounding yet even after that we could have easily continued fighting the Hulk and only had some minor wounds. That does say a lot.

Colossus after his only direct confrontation with Hulk had his hands and arms broken and realistically could no longer fight.

I mean this was Colossus' chance to finally show how much he has grown and become stronger and the writers basically kept him a low-tier brick.

Thats exactly right. I just made a similiar point right after you.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Newjak

And that is Colossus character in a nut shell, whenever writers get a chance to show how strong his powers have gotten they usually right him off a a low tier instead of a true class 100, Luke Cage would be a better fight for Colossus instead of a beast like Herc

Metalmanx
I don't think your understanding what Im trying to say. The reason Hercules face was so batterred was b/c he wasn't really fighting back. He was letting himself be hit. When your fighting back adrenaline does amp your durability. It can make blows feel less impactful, and help you keep fighting. Moreover, when your fighting back you can maneuver and position yourself in order to avoid direct shots. In Hercs case he was just standing there without either of these two factors helping him.

No, I understand exactly what you're saying. It's just absurd.

Regardless of the fact that Herc wasn't fighting back (even though he did briefly, so I think he knew to expect retaliation), I REALLY doubt he wanted to get thrashed the way he did. Not fighting back is NOT synonomous with wanting to get your ass beat.

And if I remember correctly, even though Colossus was fighting back, he didn't seem take any less punishment from Hulk.

Oh, and also? Adrenaline wouldn't do a thing to increase durabilty. It DOES increase your ability to stay in a fight, to not feel the pain as much and to push through it. It DOES NOT increase durability.

Yea i do, but having your arms broken is still a knock on ones durability. I could say Hulk did not attempt to pound Colossus face in as he did to Herc which is why his face didnt recieive as much punishment as Hercs.

Didn't Colossus get punched in the face a few/several times by Hulk? Besides, his arms weren't broken. They were bent. He is made of metal, afterall. And Hulk was much stronger than him. Hulk could've easily snapped Herc's arms with the strength he had during WWH.

Durability can be loosely be defined as how resistant one is to punishment, right? Would you not say when your defenseless you are less resistant to an assault than when your prepared and actually defending yourself.

Honestly? That really depends. But for the most part? No, not really. I can be prepared for a knife-stab to the stomach but take no less damage from it than if I was not prepared for it. I can be prepared for a punch to the nose but still have it broken the same way as if I was not prepared for it.

So really, no. The durability remains the same, in my opinion.

juggernaut74
I don't understand why people gloat over Hulk bending Colossus arms. I don't evern recall Hulk attemtpting that tactic on anybody during WWHulk. His punches weren't doing much damage to him. And besides after having his arms bent back he was not ready to quit.

Metalmanx
Another thing, just because your face is smashed up doesn't mean you do not have good durability. If you keep fighting and take the punishment you still are very durable. For example, just cuz i bruise easier than someone doesn't mean that person is more durable than i am. Your ability to last determines your durability. The reason Colossus doesn't bruise as easily is cuz he's freakin made out of metal.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Herc's lasting power diminishing with every punch? I mean, he could barely speak after that last punch. To me, that shows a decrease in lasting ability due to extreme punishment.

And if the ability to last determines durability, then Colossus has yet another advantage: infinite stamina. Not only does he not get tired, but he doesn't need to breathe, eat, or drink to stay alive. He is perpetually sustained while transformed. PLUS, he was still ready to fight the Hulk even after his hands were crushed. He wasn't backing down, so he obviously still felt that he had some chance to at least stall the Hulk (note: I said "stall" and not "hold his own against"wink. If that's not lasting power, I dunno what is.

juggernaut74
Herc. looked like ground up hamburger after 3 punches?

nimbus006
If I recall correctly, wasn't Herc's lasting power diminishing with every punch? I mean, he could barely speak after that last punch. To me, that shows a decrease in lasting ability due to extreme punishment.

And if the ability to last determines durability, then Colossus has yet another advantage: infinite stamina. Not only does he not get tired, but he doesn't need to breathe, eat, or drink to stay alive. He is perpetually sustained while transformed. PLUS, he was still ready to fight the Hulk even after his hands were crushed. He wasn't backing down, so he obviously still felt that he had some chance to at least stall the Hulk (note: I said "stall" and not "hold his own against"wink. If that's not lasting power, I dunno what is.

I have no argument with you there. Again, im not saying Herc is more durable, infact i believe if you tied both up and let the Hulk pound them both, Colossus probably would outlast Herc. I just dont think the comparisons we're using are fair enough to determine this debate. The situations were completely different.

Like you said, Hulk could of probably bent Hercs arms just as easily as he did to Colossus. However, in that particular situation he did not attempt to do so.

hunbu04
No offense but colossus stamina is no match to hercules. The difference between hercules and colossus stamina maybe be even greater to the difference between their strength. Hercules stamina is virtually infinte meaning he can fight at peek level for months and maybe even years without getting tire. Hercules is tireless because his body produce no latic acid. And hercules being immortal means he also does not require to eat and drink to survive he can even survive in the vaccum of space without life support for some time.

Mr. Slippyfist
Just because Colossus may be more durable, that doesn't mean that Herc is going to get his arms broken like Colossus... Herc is also stronger after all.

IronDave
Doesn't Colossus have infinite stamina? He doesn't need food or drink, or air, or any sort of sustenance. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he has infinite stamina, he just doesn't ever get tired. And while, it takes Hercules a very long time to tire out, Colossus just doesn't get tired.

hunbu04
hercules is tireless and have limitless stamina and i may be wrong but no writer or handbook have ever listed colossus of having infinite stamina hercules on the other hand have been stated to be virtually tireless with limitless endurance

Horrificus

I'm guessing you never saw how bad he was messed up by riptide and pyro. roll eyes (sarcastic)

IronDave
Okay, well, I guess there's some room for debate on their relative stamina. But, I think we can agree that they both have pretty much limitless stamina, and the winner of this fight will not be determined by the mild differences in stamina that may be present.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm guessing you never saw how bad he was messed up by riptide and pyro. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure have. But my apologies though, I should have clarified my statement. I meant to say that in terms of physical MELEE attacks against Colossus. Can you think of something that has really done any real, lasting damage to him (save for the recent WWHulk appearance)? Because I can't.

I'm guessing you never saw how Colossus was upgraded after the Riptide fiasco and effortlessly walked through a barrage of projectiles only to snap Riptide's neck. wink

hunbu04
The problem is that Hercules just outmatch Colossus in every category.
Strength=Herc by milloins of miles
Speed = Herc he possessed Godspeed
Stamina = herc Limitless stamina
Fighting Skilled= Herc Superior in thor in the art of H2H combat
Agility = Hercules He easily dublicated spiderman moves in Marvel team up
Durability=Hercules According to the handbook which people usually quote to stae colossus nigh invulnerability. It state that The Sentry possessed strength and durability on par with the likes of hercules and thor. So unless colossus is more durable than the sentry and thor hercules also own him in that category. Another colossus have more appearence in comics than hercules and yet hercules have a lot of high end durability feats against top tier, herald level and even some cosmic level characters like kavoc, the stranger,an elder of the universe, a death god and even the beyonder and on the other hand colossus does not even have more than 5 high showing durability feats against top tier than how can you say he is more durable than the prince of power

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm guessing you never saw how bad he was messed up by riptide and pyro. roll eyes (sarcastic) When has Pyro hurt Colossus? And Riptide was only able damage Colossus the first time, not the second.

Bentley
Hercules seems a lot more durable to me that Colossus. Its important to know that Hulk did not want to kill Piotr, we can only assume that the punches that Herc received were as strong as those Colossus received. Strength is related with superficial tension, if you use strength in a surface it gets pressed, so if Hercules has showed planned holding strength he has also showed planned holding durability.

What has Colossus done that equates that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.