Rank the following....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
....In terms of overall formidability with the following stipulations. Please first note that for the purposes of this thread, each character is absolutely bloodlusted and completely unrestrained by both PIS and CIS. In other words, each will be using their powers to their utmost potential. Also note that, for the purposes of this thread, Battlefield Remvoal is not an acceptable route to victory.

This ranking will be entirely physically based, and the characters will be completely restricted from their gear(Mjolnir, Aegis Bracelets...), heat vision, blasts, transmutation, telepathy, et cetera. Those who are capable will still be allowed to use their powers to amp their natural abilities. If you are unsure of whether something is allowed or not, well, it probably isn't, but feel free to ask anyways.

Sodam Yat (assume he received Lar Gand's anti-lead serum)
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Thor
Wonder Woman
Wally West
Martian Manhunter
Hulk (at an average portrayal through the WWH arc, minus the 'SSJ' Hulk at the end of #5)
Adam Warlock
Darkseid
Superman
Captain Marvel (Pre-Wizard Shazam powers)
Terrax
Hyperion
Hal Jordan

DigiMark007
Superman. Maybe Darkseid. Supes' speed and strength are still too lethal a combination for most on the list. Though I'm not sure how GLs would do anything, given the stipulations. Even, say, a green suit for punching hard is still an energy construct, not natural amping.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Superman. Maybe Darkseid. Supes' speed and strength are still too lethal a combination for most on the list. Though I'm not sure how GLs would do anything, given the stipulations. Even, say, a green suit for punching hard is still an energy construct, not natural amping.

Hm. Good point about Hal, go ahead and pretend that a green suit for punching things is amping, stick out tongue.

And it's supposed to be a ranking, not just the number 1.

DigiMark007
Superman
Darkseid
Sentry
Hulk (at an average portrayal through the WWH arc, minus the 'SSJ' Hulk at the end of #5)
Hyperion
Thor
Hal Jordan
Silver Surfer
Wally West
Martian Manhunter
Adam Warlock
Wonder Woman
Terrax

Warlock's trump card is his versatility. He's more inhibited than most on this list by the rules, even though he has some decent physical might. Also, I didn't know where to put Sodam Yat.

The list would look a lot different with energy blasts and other stuff allowed.

superkronick92
Does Yat have a ring or Ion power?

Soljer
Originally posted by superkronick92
Does Yat have a ring or Ion power?

Both, but he is restricted much in the same way a Lantern would be - amping only.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
....In terms of overall formidability with the following stipulations. Please first note that for the purposes of this thread, each character is absolutely bloodlusted and completely unrestrained by both PIS and CIS. In other words, each will be using their powers to their utmost potential. Also note that, for the purposes of this thread, Battlefield Remvoal is not an acceptable route to victory.

This ranking will be entirely physically based, and the characters will be completely restricted from their gear(Mjolnir, Aegis Bracelets...), heat vision, blasts, transmutation, telepathy, et cetera. Those who are capable will still be allowed to use their powers to amp their natural abilities. If you are unsure of whether something is allowed or not, well, it probably isn't, but feel free to ask anyways.

Silver Surfer
Sentry
Thor
Wonder Woman
Wally West
Martian Manhunter
Adam Warlock
Darkseid
Superman
Terrax
Hyperion
Hal Jordan
Wally West Pwns Everyone
Darkseid-MOre often than not, he's proven to be stronger than the average top tiers. Nearly as fast, highly skilled, and durable enough to take blast from the ALE aspects.
Superman-Surfer-Sodam Yat ( too close to call But yat has the edge in durability for sure)
CM-WW-Thor-Terrax ( should be noted tha tboth WW and Terrax and amp themselves via using the planet itself)
Hulk-Sentry-Adam Worlock
Martian Manhunter-He is iffy. Sometimes he gets hit and turns all gooey. Sometimes He can grow to like a hundred feat tall and pwn everyone.
Hyperion I don't know much about.
Hal Jordan-What is he going to do in an all physical battle?

Juntai
Hal Jordan is the one-punch king.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Hal Jordan-What is he going to do in an all physical battle?

Didn't he take Mongul hand to hand with a broken arm?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Didn't he take Mongul hand to hand with a broken arm?

I know this isnt' cannon but in the nail, Hal Amped Batman enough to fight the kryptonian clone that was Jimmy Olsen. ANd had hal not fainted or what ever, Batman would have won. But that is batman's skill with Superman lvl strength and durability. And I think Hal could hang a long time, but the moment the pain gets to be unbearable he's gonna lose concentration.

People like Thor and WW and DS have everyone beat when it comes to pain toleration.

Juntai
I know this isnt' cannon but in the nail, Hal Amped Batman enough to fight the kryptonian clone that was Jimmy Olsen. ANd had hal not fainted or what ever, Batman would have won. But that is batman's skill with Superman lvl strength and durability. And I think Hal could hang a long time, but the moment the pain gets to be unbearable he's gonna lose concentration.

People like Thor and WW and DS have everyone beat when it comes to pain toleration. Hal one-punched Superman before.
He also one-punched a bear.
A military comander.
Batman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Juntai
Hal one-punched Superman before.
He also one-punched a bear.
A military comander.
Batman.

That's all fine and dandy, but this isn't that fight. This is everyone out bloodlusted. Superman won't even let most of the people in the fight touch him if he doesn't want to . Physical powers still allow him to vibrate and let peole pass right thru him if he chooses.

Juntai
That's all fine and dandy, but this isn't that fight. This is everyone out bloodlusted. Superman won't even let most of the people in the fight touch him if he doesn't want to . Physical powers still allow him to vibrate and let peole pass right thru him if he chooses. True, but since you didn't notice I'm just being stupid.

Symmetric Chaos
Wally would be up top since no one would get a chance to react to him
Yat
Superman, Hyperion, Surfer, Marvel, MM are probably next
Hulk after them
Darkseid
Thor
GL and WW
Sentry and Adam Warlock

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yat
Hulk after them
Darkseid
Thor
GL and WW
Sentry and Adam Warlock
How d you hav thor above Wonder Woman when She'll be a blur to him, and she is still a better fighter? You have surfer higher than DS when Surfer isn't really a physical character? Hulk above DS and THOR?

Val
A thread where I can't rank GL tops.

Reported.

horrorwolf
Yat
Hulk after them
Darkseid
Thor
GL and WW
Sentry and Adam Warlock

thumbsup Except Sentry is right after Thor.

TricksterPriest

Silver Surfer
Sentry
Thor
Wonder Woman
Wally West
Martian Manhunter
Adam Warlock
Darkseid
Superman
Terrax
Hyperion
Hal Jordan

Wally. No way to react to him with the limits on the thread.

DS/Supes. Even with DS downgraded to Supes level, that's still a rediculous amount of power.

Sodam Yat (potentially)/ Captain Marvel. Yat is potentially powerful enough to be Supes level or higher based on the ring and his daxamite heritage. but feat-wise, he's not there yet. Though surviving a slugfest with SMP while poisoined is a damn good feat.

Surfer/Hal Jordan. Technically, they're both amping...or is that only Hal who can amp?

Martian Manhunter/Wonder Woman. MM: He's still got his molecular control, which could give him a few odd wins against most of this list and let him beat quite a few people. WW: Stupidly fast and skilled. Only people with high end speed can beat her in this thread.

Thor. This thread really hurts him. but even without his hammer and other powers, he's still tough enough to beat the guys with no speed for a fair margin. The speed edge, as always, hurts him.

Hulk. Limitless potential, and he did beat Sentry. evil face

Sentry. He can beat the people below him, but he ain't Superman no matter how much Monkey Q tries. whistle

Hyperion/Adam Warlock. I'm not sure if Warlock has the speed to fight this guy, but he's got some impressive brawling feats.

Terrax. ........It's Terrax. Nuff said. stick out tongue

horrorwolf
Nah, Both Yat and Marvel pwn Superman.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Nah, Both Yat and Marvel pwn Superman.

Yat doesn't have the feats yet.

And I'm not gonna start the 'Captain Marvel vs. Superman' arguement again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gecko4lif
Wally West
Darkseid
Superman
Captain Marvel
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Sodam Yat
Wonder Woman
Silver Surfer
Hyperion
Sentry
Hulk
Terrax
Hal Jordan
Adam Warlock (The new one?)

How i see it going. I didnt know where to rank adam so i put him at the bottom to keep hal company

TricksterPriest
Wait, does AW have the gem or not? Cause he's physically alot stronger without it.

DigiMark007
Warlock's impossible to pin down. Good luck determining an incarnation and power level for him.

And couldn't most of these guys just destroy the planet, thus making things rough for Wally?

janus77
how can you have an 'average showing' for WWH?
his limitless strength isn't definable, and for the purposes of this thread, would see him tower above all of them.

anyway, it'd go something like the following for me:
Hulk ("SSJ" and skyrocketing upwards, at anything like that he'd basically be impossible to KO for anyone on this list)
Surfer (nearly limitless - maximum ability to channel energy seems to be The Big Crunch, so that'd be the limit to how much he could amp himself)
Flash (he's as fast as Surfer, probably, but nowhere near as strong or durable)
Superman ...

Martian_mind
Wally West
Darkseid
Captain Marvel
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Sodam Yat(no speed feats that let me think he'd have the edge of the ones above)
Thor
Sentry
Hyperion
Terrax
Warlock
Hal.

Sarutobi700
1.Sentry
2.Sodam Yat
3.Thor
4.Darksied, Surfer
5.Wally West
6.Hulk
7.Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel
8.Hal Jordan
9.Superman, Martian Manhunter
10.Terrax
11.Hyperion
LAST and LEAST. Wonder Woman

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
1.Sentry
2.Sodam Yat
3.Thor
4.Darksied, Surfer
5.Wally West
6.Hulk
7.Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel
8.Hal Jordan
9.Superman, Martian Manhunter
10.Terrax
11.Hyperion
LAST and LEAST. Wonder Woman

This is by far the worst list I've seen. It's so retarded that I spit my tea out reading it. YOu have Sentry above Everyone. WHAT THE ****. YOu have Thor over Surfer and DS. Are you kidding me? Surfer would beat the **** out of thor in a physical match. So much faster, So much more durable. YOu have wally west, who could pwn everyone at the same time, 5th. YOu have Hal jordan over superman in a physical fight. YOu have Wonder WOman last when she would literally be a blur to Thor, and Hulk, and she can fight better than EVERY ONE on the entire list. Superman on the same lvl as martian manhunter? WTF. OMG. Just take your keyboard and flush it down the toilet. If it won't fit, step on it, and break it, until it does.

Estacado
Sentry just beat Ultron ,duh.......

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Estacado
Sentry just beat Ultron ,duh.......

LMAO

Metalmanx
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wally. No way to react to him with the limits on the thread.

DS/Supes. Even with DS downgraded to Supes level, that's still a rediculous amount of power.

Sodam Yat (potentially)/ Captain Marvel. Yat is potentially powerful enough to be Supes level or higher based on the ring and his daxamite heritage. but feat-wise, he's not there yet. Though surviving a slugfest with SMP while poisoined is a damn good feat.

Surfer/Hal Jordan. Technically, they're both amping...or is that only Hal who can amp?

Martian Manhunter/Wonder Woman. MM: He's still got his molecular control, which could give him a few odd wins against most of this list and let him beat quite a few people. WW: Stupidly fast and skilled. Only people with high end speed can beat her in this thread.

Thor. This thread really hurts him. but even without his hammer and other powers, he's still tough enough to beat the guys with no speed for a fair margin. The speed edge, as always, hurts him.

Hulk. Limitless potential, and he did beat Sentry. evil face

Sentry. He can beat the people below him, but he ain't Superman no matter how much Monkey Q tries. whistle

Hyperion/Adam Warlock. I'm not sure if Warlock has the speed to fight this guy, but he's got some impressive brawling feats.

Terrax. ........It's Terrax. Nuff said. stick out tongue

I agree with almost all of this, but there's really only one thing I would change. I would put Hulk and Sentry on the same level. Without the stipulations, Sentry would be way higher, however.

1. Wally. EASILY.
2. Darkseid/Superman
3. Sodam Yat/Captain Marvel. I honestly don't know a damn thing about Yat, but everyone else seems to, so I'll go with it.
4. Hal Jordan/Silver Surfer
5. Martain Manhunter/Wonder Woman
6. Thor
7. Sentry/Hulk
8. Hyperion/Adam Warlock
9. Terrax

DigiMark007
And couldn't most of these guys just destroy the planet, thus making things rough for Wally?

Estacado

He was shown to run in space in the OWAW arc.IIRC

DigiMark007

Running in space is fine, but does he survive for extended periods of time? They could nuke the planet into oblivion, then fly around while Wally suffocates.

Symmetric Chaos
Running in space is fine, but does he survive for extended periods of time? They could nuke the planet into oblivion, then fly around while Wally suffocates.

Wouldn't matter. If we're going by nothing but powersets Wally can KO them before they start thinking of moving.

DigiMark007
Wouldn't matter. If we're going by nothing but powersets Wally can KO them before they start thinking of moving.

Eh. They keep their durability, right? Has Wally actually ever KO'd someone at the level of any of these people?

I understand he'd hit them a lot and that they'd never hit him directly. But I could beat Superman billions of times with a bat and it wouldn't do anything.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Eh. They keep their durability, right? Has Wally actually ever KO'd someone at the level of any of these people?

I understand he'd hit them a lot and that they'd never hit him directly. But I could beat Superman billions of times with a bat and it wouldn't do anything.
COuldn't he just make tthem statues? Besides, 1Million imps would kill anyone of these guys. ANd he could do it before they blink.

illadelph12
Well, theoretically, no other character should be able to exert as much force in a punch/blow as The Flash save possibly the Surfer (being that they are the two fastest characters here with Supes a step behind them). Lifting strength doesn't equate to velocity or force of impact. Dropping millions upon millions of faster than light speed punches on a target within a fraction of a fraction of a moment is pretty formidable. I'd place Flash at #1. If he wanted pretty much every battle would equate to him light speed punching a statue billions of times. Surfer could likely do the same thing (amping his speed via PC).

Speed kills:

1. Flash
2. Supes/Surfer/Darkseid
3. Wonder Woman/Cap Marvel
4. Manhunter/Hyperion

Rest of pack.

Symmetric Chaos

But if you hit him a trillion times and then vibrated your hand though his brain and heart so that they exploded he might be a bit miffed.

COuldn't he just make tthem statues?

They're restricted to direct application of physical powers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But if you hit him a trillion times and then vibrated your hand though his brain and heart so that they exploded he might be a bit miffed.

They're restricted to direct application of physical powers.

Even still, Punching power is all about speed. Those damned Imps are a *****. No one short of Classic Juggernaut would survive those if he really let lose. ANd even then, Flash might knock Juggy's brain lose LOL.

Val
He was running on a GL construct.

Estacado
Originally posted by Val
He was running on a GL construct.
You sure?
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5562/flashcd1.th.jpg

Mr.Biscuits
You sure?
What's that blue energy?
He running on that...uhuh

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
What's that blue energy?

An Imperiex Probe's energy blast.

Estacado
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
What's that blue energy?
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8933/flashro7.th.jpg

Mr.Biscuits
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8933/flashro7.th.jpg
Artist mistake...uhuh

llagrok
1. Superman
2. Sodam Yat
3. Hal
4. Thor
5. Darkseid
6. Wally West
7. Darkseid
8. Surfer
9. Hulk
10. Captain Marvel
12. Martian Manhunter/Wonder Woman
13. Hyperion
14. Terrax

Assuming Thor has warrior madness and Wally gets to run as fast as he can before punching.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
1. Superman
2. Sodam Yat
3. Hal
4. Thor
5. Darkseid
6. Wally West
7. Darkseid
8. Surfer
9. Hulk
10. Captain Marvel
12. Martian Manhunter/Wonder Woman
13. Hyperion
14. Terrax

Assuming Thor has warrior madness and Wally gets to run as fast as he can before punching.

This is ALL wrong. YOu have thor above DS. Even tho DS is still stronger than superman. And He's faster than Thor. And more skilled. You have wall west 6th when he can pwn everyone with speed. Thor over Surfer in a physical fight? When has surfer ever been pierced by bullets? Hal over THor, DS, Surfer or even hulk in a physical fight? WOnder WOman under Thor in a physical fight? She's so fast compared to thor that he could NEVER hit her. This list is messed up.

Val
You sure?
Quite sure.

DigiMark007
K, so Wally can't run in space on his own and I'd reiterate my challenge of "has he ever KO'd anyone on this level?" Both things that need to be addressed before I would hand him a victory, and the planet smashing tactic is once again an option.

I don't really have a problem with him being #1, especially since I realize I don't know a ton about him, but it seems like a lot is being assumed about him without proper justification.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.