Is Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes still worth my money?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slay
I recently felt like playing MGS again. I went to my attic but then realised I sold my PS1 several years ago along with most of it's games. Luckily I could still find my copy of MGS, so I could play it on my PS2. But, because I didn't have a PS1 memory card, I couldn't save my progress. I searched the internet in hope of being able to download the PC version, when I found out about The Twin Snakes, a remake made for the Gamecube, with improved graphics better AI etc. This I could play, considering that I still have two GC controllers and a GC memory card connected to my Wii. However, I read some comments about how alot of the cutscenes and a bit of the story was edited. My question to you (people who have actually played The Twin Snakes) did you like it, and/or is it still worth my money? Also, were you annoyed by the editing of cutscenes etc, did it differ too much from the original?

ragesRemorse
it depends how important $20 is to you

Slay
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
it depends how important $20 is to you
It's going to cost a little more than that. I couldn't find it in any local store, and I can't be arsed to leave city limits for a game. Thus I decided to look for it on Marktplaats (Dutch version of Amazon, I believe) and found one American imported version which only works on American consoles, and a European version, for which I'm supposed to pay full price, because the guy who put it on there apparently knows that it's hard to find...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Slay
It's going to cost a little more than that. I couldn't find it in any local store, and I can't be arsed to leave city limits for a game. Thus I decided to look for it on Marktplaats (Dutch version of Amazon, I believe) and found one American imported version which only works on American consoles, and a European version, for which I'm supposed to pay full price, because the guy who put it on there apparently knows that it's hard to find...

wow

Yeah, its definitely not worth all that trouble. Snake eater is the only metal gear game that still might be worth the premiere price of $50, but even that game is $20 now. It surprises me that it is such a hard game for you to find. I would think with the advent of the internet that you could find that game quite easily

Dusty
Originally posted by Slay
I recently felt like playing MGS again. I went to my attic but then realised I sold my PS1 several years ago along with most of it's games. Luckily I could still find my copy of MGS, so I could play it on my PS2. But, because I didn't have a PS1 memory card, I couldn't save my progress. I searched the internet in hope of being able to download the PC version, when I found out about The Twin Snakes, a remake made for the Gamecube, with improved graphics better AI etc. This I could play, considering that I still have two GC controllers and a GC memory card connected to my Wii. However, I read some comments about how alot of the cutscenes and a bit of the story was edited. My question to you (people who have actually played The Twin Snakes) did you like it, and/or is it still worth my money? Also, were you annoyed by the editing of cutscenes etc, did it differ too much from the original? The game is so good. I played it for both the PS1 and Gamecube and I have to say that the Gamecube version is better. Better graphics, options, gameplay, AI, just everything. Highly recommended. Go out and buy it.

Raijin
The only thing I didn't like about the GC version was the soundtrack, not very MGS. Nothing else worth mentioning, go buy it while you can.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea its an awesome remake. Near perfect. Though it was odd playing it with a Cube controller rather then the DuelShock. You get used to it though.

jaden101
get it...great update of the game...some of the cut scenes last what seems like forever though

((The_Anomaly))
All MGS games are like that though.

mr.smiley
IMO,MGS is a classic,and will always be worth 50$ to me.

I would say go for it.

SaTsuJiN
or you could check youtube for the edited scenes and see if you like them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.