Laptop Gaming / Integrated Chipset Problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
I bought crysis and it wont run on my laptop as i have a shitty intel 945 integrated chipset graphics card or something like that, and im pretty sure it wont run any decent games,i dont know much about this, can anyone give me any advice on games that will work with this?

Outbound
Tetris, Pong, Pac man. Dont get integrated chipsets in laptops, pay a bit extra for a decent 8600 or something if you want good games on it.

Callan
Truth be told, Crysis will eat pretty much all the current video cards on the market, save for the high-end NVIDIA and ATi stuff, so don't feel too bad about that.

Integrated video components will never match the perfomance of third-party video cards, so if you want to be able to play any recent gaming titles, you'll definitely need to upgrade. For some of the older games, you may be able to get away with integrated video, WoW and Guild Wars are the only two that come to my mind right now.

Smasandian
That's a lie.

You can play Crysis with $100 card. Dont expect to have high end graphics.

Callan
Well, sure it's possible to get your card to run the game. The 5-10 fps you'll get with a low-end card will make actually playing the game a little rough, however.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.