Captain Marvel (Shazam) vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
Who wins?

Mr. Slippyfist
Ref stoppage in the first round. Captain Marvel wins.

King Kandy
Spite. You put a Skyfather against Sentry? What's with the hate?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by King Kandy
Spite. You put a Skyfather against Sentry? What's with the hate? I think he's just clarifying that it's Billy, and not Mar-Vell.

WrathfulDwarf
Captain Marvel wins.

lordboo
cap marvel ftw

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I think he's just clarifying that it's Billy, and not Mar-Vell.
Oh. I thought he meant the new CM/Shazam.

Well in that case Sentry should win.

endrict
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Captain Marvel wins.

tkitna
Sentry beats him

Stoic
Just wondering who people think would win.

The Nuul
Well, there is no classic in DC. Wasnt PC CM uber?

Stoic
Originally posted by The Nuul
Well, there is no classic in DC. Wasnt PC CM uber?

Sorry I should have said just before Captain Marvel became the Wizard Shazam.

xJLxKing
CM

Nihilist
Captain Marvel

The Nuul
CM

iceman24567
Billy

tkitna
Bob

The Nuul
Thornton

JakeTheBank
Captain Marvel for the win.

It's Faceman
Agreed CM.

bbrem123
Sentry

d3str0ya10
Captain Crunch...

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

TricksterPriest
Captain Marvel regularly stalemates Superman and has durability nearly on par with big blue himself. Including tanking a tesseract bomb that turned him inside out.

Sentry doesn't have a prayer.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Captain Marvel regularly stalemates Superman and has durability nearly on par with big blue himself. Including tanking a tesseract bomb that turned him inside out.

Sentry doesn't have a prayer. Sentry is more powerful and I am sure Captain Marvel isn't stalemating an all out Superman.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry is more powerful and I am sure Captain Marvel isn't stalemating an all out Superman.
Well Sentry doesn't have a prayer against Superman or CM.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Well Sentry doesn't have a prayer against Superman or CM. Well, I won't ask you to prove it because I know you won't.

batosaimsx7
In the year 2009, why do people not realize that Sentry is no where near Supermans level at all
Captain Marvel has beaten Superman 4 times now

Cap stomps Sentrys ass into the ground and has him crying worse then Johnny Storm did

iceman24567
Johnny Storm had Bob crying?

batosaimsx7
Yeah he overheated him and Sentry ran off crying like a baby

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29885/827203-avengersinvaders008wp0_super.jpg

Sentry was depowered in New Avengers but he has never done anything to put himself on Superman or Captain Marvels level even as Classic Sentry

CM one shots Sentry

iceman24567
Meh wrong Human Torch fella

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by batosaimsx7
Yeah he overheated him and Sentry ran off crying like a baby

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29885/827203-avengersinvaders008wp0_super.jpg

Sentry was depowered in New Avengers but he has never done anything to put himself on Superman or Captain Marvels level even as Classic Sentry

CM one shots Sentry

laughing

What a punk.

Billy puts the beatdown on him.

batosaimsx7
It was Johnny Storm and he had Sentry crying like a baby

CM beats Sentry into a coma

iceman24567
I have the comic no expression

JakeTheBank
Yeah, that's Jim Hammond, dude. The URL even says it's from Avengers/Invaders.

The "Flame On." was a joke/inside reference to Johnny, I'm guessing.

batosaimsx7
Still a human torch making Sentry cry like that lol

S

iceman24567
Yeah the better Human Torch

batosaimsx7
Anyway
Sentry gets mutilated in this fight

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I still think CM messes Sentry up.

Wild Shadow
CM FTW

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Well, I won't ask you to prove it because I know you won't.
Oh, You mean you prove that Sentry>CM. Can I ask where you posted it?

Spire
CM.

jrodslam
Cap.

King Kandy
Even I can't even give Sentry wins anymore, his good feats are faaar behind him.

Wei Phoenix
The reasons behind the decisions seem simple to me.

"I choose Sentry because I love Marvel more than DC and Marvel is greater than DC."

"I choose Captain Marvel, because he has better feats and has defeated or stalemated characters with better feats than him."

Guess which one I side with? shifty

Philosophía
Captain Marvel.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
Billy

Originally posted by tkitna
Bob

Originally posted by The Nuul
Thornton

I'm putting my money on CM

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

"I choose Sentry because I love Marvel more than DC and Marvel is greater than DC."

"I choose Captain Marvel, because he has better feats and has defeated or stalemated characters with better feats than him."

QFT

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by batosaimsx7
Anyway
Sentry gets mutilated in this fight How so?

iceman24567

Guess which one I side with? shifty thumb up indeed

xJLxKing

That's how most fight are decided here.
Marvel?

Warlord
I'd say KMC is one of the most objective forums. Fanboys can be anywhere but at least here there aren't so many

JakeTheBank
True. Try debating on the offical Marvel website. Hilarity ensues.

xJLxKing
Yes, this forum is perhaps one of the best out there.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by xJLxKing
That's how most fight are decided here.
Marvel?

Actually no. I enjoy Marvel more than DC, but the whole concept of SHAZAM, a Champion, an evil bad ass version ala Black Adam and everything like that. Captain Marvel is one of the reasons why I would read something DC. I'll admit that I made idiotic statements about DC before. I thought Darkseid was a failure before I came here tbh. I try to stay out of DC only debates hence my lack of knowledge on only defend Marvel characters when their pitted against each other only if I believe they have a shot at winning.

If Sentry was a great as he was hyped up to be when he first started then I may side with him, but lets face it he hasn't. He's beaten some B-listers, stalemated a few good ones and beat like two worthy opponents. Owning Morgan Lefay isn't that great when she has like no physical durability imo and she's still alive. Terrax isn't really written as a threat lately, the Blue Marvel fight was good, but doesn't put him over Superman or Marvel. He hasn't fought or beat Thor yet, so I wouldn't put him near Marvel on a feats perspective.

Uh...sorry for the long post...

JakeTheBank
Agreed, Wei Pheonix. I use to spout some stupid shit about DC until I started reading it. Even the most diehard Marvel fanboy's can find something good about DC, and Captain Marvel/SHAZAM! is one of them.

Sentry hasn't shown me anything remotely impressive enough to make me think he is = or > than Superman/Thor. And Paul Jenkins joke of a story where he shamlessly puts Sentry over everyone in the Marvel Universe is an example of "My guy is better than all your guys, so nah-nah-na-boo-boo!"

bbrem123
he didnt even get hurt by human torch lol

bbrem123
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Agreed, Wei Pheonix. I use to spout some stupid shit about DC until I started reading it. Even the most diehard Marvel fanboy's can find something good about DC, and Captain Marvel/SHAZAM! is one of them.

Sentry hasn't shown me anything remotely impressive enough to make me think he is = or > than Superman/Thor. And Paul Jenkins joke of a story where he shamlessly puts Sentry over everyone in the Marvel Universe is an example of "My guy is better than all your guys, so nah-nah-na-boo-boo!"

ahh to be honesty jenkins easy wrote the best sentry so far...he the only reason i like the character....if u dont read jenkins storys then the sentry is a poor excuse for a character to u

ankur29
Marvel ftw, sentry diesn't stand a chance until he proves he's physically near superman's level , his only uber power is speed which is signifacantly greater than the speed of light ,however that is in space(earth to saturn in the next panel- pretty much instantaneous) and not in fights

xJLxKing
Actually no. I enjoy Marvel more than DC, but the whole concept of SHAZAM, a Champion, an evil bad ass version ala Black Adam and everything like that. Captain Marvel is one of the reasons why I would read something DC. I'll admit that I made idiotic statements about DC before. I thought Darkseid was a failure before I came here tbh. I try to stay out of DC only debates hence my lack of knowledge on only defend Marvel characters when their pitted against each other only if I believe they have a shot at winning.

If Sentry was a great as he was hyped up to be when he first started then I may side with him, but lets face it he hasn't. He's beaten some B-listers, stalemated a few good ones and beat like two worthy opponents. Owning Morgan Lefay isn't that great when she has like no physical durability imo and she's still alive. Terrax isn't really written as a threat lately, the Blue Marvel fight was good, but doesn't put him over Superman or Marvel. He hasn't fought or beat Thor yet, so I wouldn't put him near Marvel on a feats perspective.

I am opposite with DC. I like DC because of GL(the story is the best). So I usually side with DC's character unless it's obvious who wins(like hulk vs green arrow).

When it comes to Sentry vs Cm. CM has better feats. His best are usually stalemating Superman. Sentry on the other hand is very....blah. power of the a billion suns my @$$.

Warlord

agreed Sentry's ups and downs don't let him be on the top of the "food chain".

Just on his defense I would add his fight with the Collective, Doom and Gennis.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I think its the childhood dream of being able to become a superhero. All I have to do is shout a name and I become a full grown superhero? That is an awesome concept to me. I've found a few more DC characters I like too like Sandman, Red Tornado, Carol Ferris I think? that violet corps chick. I used to like SBP until he constantly whined and cried about everything.

Warlord
Favorite DC characters for me:
Hal Jordan
Wally West
Jonn Jonzz

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Warlord
Favorite DC characters for me:
Hal Jordan
Wally West
Jonn Jonzz

Yeah I like Manhunter too. I almost forgot him. Isn't he like the only physically strong telepath in comic history outside of the obvious ones like Galactus and other entities?

xJLxKing
I hate Jonn. I used to like him. Now it's
Hal
SMB( he still cool)
Superman
Citizen Steel

Warlord
Yeah I like Manhunter too. I almost forgot him. Isn't he like the only physically strong telepath in comic history outside of the obvious ones like Galactus and other entities?

Yeah, well you can add the Eternals on that list and maybe Sentry if they decide to write him in control of his powers

zeel
I think this fight would be a little bit more even if we say substituded captian marvel with say rhino.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zeel
I think this fight would be a little bit more even if we say substituded captian marvel with say rhino.

laughing

Capt.Whitebread
Um, who is this Sentry guy? Just kidding... Sentry may be powerful, and Marvels attempt to have their own Superman type... I would be sure Captain Marvel would win the fight. People make comparissons to Superman. But Cap has no weaknesses in his form. He had forces up there with the Wizard or higher that might temporarily transform him into Billy Batson, but could be compensated. People also say Cap couldn't hold up against a full on Superman... But people need to realize, in the comics, the combats had Billy trying to reason with an enhanced or pissed of Superman. Even held out against a boosted Superman when Cap and Eclipso Superman duked it out. If you ever had Cap getting pissed, much less angry, then Cap would focus and be a force that Sups couldn't withstand. the Stamina of Atlas, the Strength of Hercules..both of which have kicked his butt royally, and then add the power of Zeus-king of the gods, and the speed of Mercury, who outran the Flash when Mercury and Hermes were fighting in the streets in the War of the Gods Saga and when flash used his speed force, they looked at him and blew him away leaving him like he were standing still. If Cap blended his abilities, he would be 'all that, a bag of chips, a case of drinks and a ferrari too.' But Cap is more a diplomat/peacemaker, just as Wonder Woman is, as Captain America is, but, when it comes down to brass tacks, they step up to the plate and will not go down/stay down without being unconcious. and heaven help you when they come too, because, payback is a you-know-what! and they usually win that second round with out any doubts.

JakeTheBank
Didn't see this one, so here goes:

Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) vs. Sentry.

xJLxKing
CM a lot

Badabing
Merging with 2 existing threads.

BlackZero30x
Captain Marvel

celeyhyga17
Sentry has the potential to be an uber beast, but Captain Marvel already is one. Let me see some more good showings of Sentry then maybe he wins. Emphasis on maybe.
Captain Marvel by a large majority 8/10

-Pr-
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Captain Marvel

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Sentry has the potential to be an uber beast, but Captain Marvel already is one. Let me see some more good showings of Sentry then maybe he wins. Emphasis on maybe.
Captain Marvel by a large majority 8/10

thumb up

TheHulk
The Sentry goes all out and so does Captain Marvel who wins they are actually somewhat same....

JakeTheBank
The World's Mightiest Mortal.

vansonbee
Sentry going all out? Matter manipulation FTW

Cogito
Shazam

Mshinu
Bob the nutcase wins.

Prep-Man
Marvel.

The Sorrow
Sentry wins

theICONiac
Sentry

the ninjak
Originally posted by vansonbee
Sentry going all out? Matter manipulation FTW

Colossus-Big C
mattermanipulation?

do people forget that captain was once transmuted inside out and instantly reverted to normal?

iceman24567
Shazam baby

Black bolt z
Sentry

the ninjak
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
mattermanipulation?

do people forget that captain was once transmuted inside out and instantly reverted to normal?

Yeah the Sentry wouldn't just transmute him inside out, but would take every particle and absolutely destroy it/ turn it into air, he beat Molecule Man in a particle stand off...... that means knowledge to turn anyone into dust.

Like Gods. Who are beings who are protected by the genealogy of their forefathers. Ares got torn apart as well. The God of Freakin War...... gone. The God of Trickery........gone.

Sentry is a god killer. He bypasses all the rules and decimates what it sees.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by vansonbee
Sentry going all out? Matter manipulation FTW Non Molecule Man-matter manipulation won't mean much. And you can't use that feat per ruling.

Sentry still wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah the Sentry wouldn't just transmute him inside out, but would take every particle and absolutely destroy it/ turn it into air, he beat Molecule Man in a particle stand off...... that means knowledge to turn anyone into dust.

Like Gods. Who are beings who are protected by the genealogy of their forefathers. Ares got torn apart as well. The God of Freakin War...... gone. The God of Trickery........gone.

Sentry is a god killer. He bypasses all the rules and decimates what it sees.

Using Ares and Loki as examples of how Sentry would rip apart Captain Marvel doesn't mean much as Cap's durability is several levels above them both.

As is, Voidtry/Siege Sentry =/= Sentry per the forum rules.

h1a8
It all depends on which Sentry we are talking about. It should be a ruling to mention which Sentry (ex. Terrax Sentry, WWH Sentry, etc.) is in the thread. This is because it is well established in comics that Sentry is based off his mental state. That is why he has a lot of varied showings.

I would say, Terrax Sentry wins and other Sentrys (the ones we can talk about) will lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.