Preferred lightsaber combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
If you were a jedi during the clone wars what lightsaber form would you use. you can not use vappad and you are a jedi knight. Please tell why.

I know this has been done before

Darth Faunus
Then why do it again?

Darth Avis
For fresh opinions.

Darth Avis
someone is retarted. they picked form 6.

Ianus
That would be me.

Darth Avis
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek

Ianus
Just seeing what you'd say.

Borbarad
This is somehow stupid. A Jedi in the Clone Wars is going to fight opponents with blaster weapons 99,9999 % of his time. So why even think about lightsaber forms when Soresu is the best for blaster deflection and still good in lightsaber fights ?

Darth Avis
then how come so many non form 6 users did NOT use form 3.

The Creator
Because they are all brain dead morons, it is rather obvious.

Darth Avis
fine lets change this. If you were a jedi during any time what would you use?

Ianus
Soresu, with some Makashi parries learned on the side to strengthen any saber to saber needs I might have.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Avis
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek

laughing You owned yourself. stick out tongue

Oh yeah, I'll pick Shienn..

Darth Avis
soresu. if you perfect it you cant lose.

Decay
i think id like 2 and 3. it all depends on when though. if its at a point with alot of saber to saber id focus more on 2 but still try and implement as much 3 as i could. and vice versa when its more saber to blaster or other kinds of combat.

Darth Koroni
Probably Shii-Cho, I'd be more of a Consular than a Guardian anyway.

DrDoom101
Ataru

Captain REX
I'm going to go with 6, just to prove this stupid repeat poll wrong... wink

You know, people respect you a lot more if you use proper grammar. Unless you're 'mentely' unwell.

Darth Avis
ha ha laughing

okay i messed up. mentally unwell. happy?

why is the poll stupid?

overlord
Hmm.. Well done, Avis! You've used reversed psychology and made #6 most popular, I'll note that trick.

HBK
What do these forms mean?

Se7in
I wouldn't use a form. I'd just do whatever the hell is necessary to stay alive and keep fighting. If I had to deflect bullets, I'd deflect bullets. If I had to parry a lightsaber swing, I'd parry. And if I had to do a backflip to throw momentum in my swing, I'd backflip. I would fight based on necessity and whatever the moment calls for, a form would only limit my ability.

overlord
Originally posted by HBK
What do these forms mean?

I'll try to sum it up for ya'll lazy bums:

#1 is Shi-cho and is the basic of lightsaber fighting.
#2 is Makashi and is used to attack and defend with precision thus making you less tired.
#3 is Soresu wich is as defensive as possible.
#4 is Ataru and is jumping around like a loonatic trying to get that chance of hitting your opponant but has major flaws.
#5 is Shienn or Djem So and came from II and III and focuses on offense solely.
#6 is Niman wich is everything in one wich makes you a big noob.
#7 is Juyo wich is an incomplete form and is like Ataru perfected or something, requiring the force for power and is unpredictable and confusing to the enemy while still being able to defend properly.

Bloigen
I choose 4.

Darth Vious
I 've studied Japanese fencing, and that is closest to Djem So, and possibly also Soresu. However, I've also studied European fencing, which is closest to Makashi. I think that either form has it's advantages depending on the opponent and situation. That said, my fencing style is actually closer to Vapaad, in that I don't stick to one specific style of fencing, and use much more random moves, than the other forms allow.

Bloigen
I practice the art of kendo so when the Jedi come i'll be able to join.

Darth Faunus
Japanese fencing? You mean Kenjitsu?

Darth Vious
Yes, it uses wooden swords called bokken as well as actual katana rather than the long shinai swords used in kendo smile

overlord
Originally posted by Bloigen
I practice the art of kendo so when the Jedi come i'll be able to join.
When jedi come to pick me up they will probably be wearing white coats. sad

KingDubya
I'd use Shii-Cho. Always remember the basics.

Master Mawi
I'd probably choose Form III and Form IV.

bogen
form 3 all the way!

Council#13
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
That would be me.

I picked it too, but im serious

Lightsnake
Makashi and Soresu all the way

lowrider370
i would use my own style called THE Ninja anyone know wehre i can read in detail on the forms

Sorgo
Hahaha! Remember what I did to the last person who came in here saying they practiced Ninjitsu and Swordfighting? That was hilarious!

Darth Martin
Custom form with all of them implicated in it.

Captain REX
This thread is literally ancient. Niman would be the 'all implicated' form, you know.

fascistcrusader
I vote Makashi. I'm a sucker for elegance.

Violent2Dope
ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Nah for realio, prolly Juyo, Djem So or Makashi.

Darth Hord
Give me Juyo

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Captain REX
This thread is literally ancient. Niman would be the 'all implicated' form, you know. Yea but Niman sucks so I've heard.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Yea but Niman sucks so I've heard. Yep. Every Niman user died in the first Clone Wars battle on Geonosis.

fascistcrusader
Is Niman good against other lightsaber wielding opponents? I know it sucks against blasters, but it has to have some sort of redeeming factor.

Darth Martin
It's supposedly a mixture of all the forms except Vapaad. Ataru uses acrobatics but Qui Gon Jinn didn't use any in the TPM and Darth Maul used a ton with Juyo. Darth Vader and Luke are stated to be the best at Djem So. Tyranus has mastered Makashi to the utmost possible. The same is said with Kenobi and Soresu. Mace being the creator can be called better than Depa.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Is Niman good against other lightsaber wielding opponents? I know it sucks against blasters, but it has to have some sort of redeeming factor. It's a balanced form, no real strengths or weaknesses. It is Makashi that is weak on blasters.

qui-gon-fanboy
If you were a jedi or sith, which form of lightsaber combat would you most like to master. As you can see from the poll, this does include Sokan, Form Zero, and Jar'Kai. Happy voting big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Vapaad, actually.

Rampant ox
Makashi FTW!

Blax_Hydralisk
haermm

Light_Sith
Makashi.

I do not believe that the number one weakness in this form is that it cannot stand up to the Djem So Form - it just so happens that Skywalker used Djem So when he beat Dooku.

Using two blades supposedly does more damage but if you get hit by one of those things you are probably not getting up any time soon at any rate.

Captain REX
Merged threads.

Fohargh uses Makashi against Bane and caught him off-guard.

But then Bane responded with the all-time Sith favorite, 'Fling your opponent across the way then strangle him to death.'

Blue_Hefner
i'd choose Juyo, not Vaapad

BaneOfJedi700
4 & 5, but I have my own style it is a form of chinese tai-chi swordsmanship mixed with chinese broadsword techniques, with italian high-guard, japanese iaido and Niten Ichi Ryu, and some of my own thrown in.

MadMel
some kind of weird mix between makashi, soresu and ataru
in other words if i master it ill somehow be able to perform perfectly executed swings while jumping and flipping like crazy and at the same time incoperate a style that involves tiring the enemy out before you do stick out tongue

but since that would be really, really hard to pull off imo, imma go with a makashi-soresu mix..

Lord Knightfa11
I would Defend, Pary, and pierce with Mikashi, I would Strike and Slash with Juyo, and I would defenitely train in Shatterpoint.

Lord Knightfa11
oh yea, so I would master Makashi, Juyo, Shatterpoint, and then I would then totally master form III (that is the one they use for fighting blaster people right?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.