Resident Evil: Degeneration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
This is a CG movie based on a the Resident Evil series, it takes place one year after RE4 and as seen in the trailer, Leon is in it!

So here it is, not a silly youtube leak anymore, the teaser trailer has just been released: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29306.html

As I have only played RE4, Leon is my favorite RE character, and definitely want to see this one.

Kazenji
seems to take place at an airport with claire, Don't know where leon is suppose to be.

Neo Darkhalen
My god Capcom can't you let this die, we have yet to see a movie based of your company's mascot, the one that brought you the success to create the RES games.

@st
Thank god!

I hope this erases the bad memories of the live action movies. Leon is badass, so hopefully this movie shows that. If this is in the game continuity, it looks like they are going back to zombies, since 7 years after Raccoon City would be after RE4.

Morridini
Yeah, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Degeneration it takes place one year after RE 4, and unlike the movies I think these will be in continuity.

@st
Awesome. big grin

The animation looks pretty good, it doesnt look like that Final Fantasy thing, but it does look really good.

Neo Darkhalen
Will it be in between RES 4 and 5.

I hope Zombies make a comeback, animation has so much potential, but I have to ask will Wesker be appearing?

@st
I would assume Wesker is in it, for the most part he is the villian throughout the series, though it may be behind the scenes sometimes.

Morridini
I soo have to play Umbrella Chronicles to get up to date with the RE story.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Will it be in between RES 4 and 5.

Seems like it, acording to this interview: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161378 RE 5 takes place 10 years after the first game, and this movie was 7 years.

@st
So somewhere between the end of Umbrella Chronicles and RE5 is when Chris started taking steroids. stick out tongue

Kazenji
My god Capcom can't you let this die, we have yet to see a movie based of your company's mascot, the one that brought you the success to create the RES games.

Captain Commando?

@st
Probably talking about Megaman, but if they cant even make good games with him, how will they make movie? stick out tongue

endrict
Looks A Hell of A lot better than the last RE film.

@st
I was actually telling my girlfriend around when RE3 came out that they should just make a new movie with Leon and completely abandon the other movies. So this was like a dream come true when I heard about it. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
it bet, it looks promising

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by @st
I was actually telling my girlfriend around when RE3 came out that they should just make a new movie with Leon and completely abandon the other movies. So this was like a dream come true when I heard about it. stick out tongue

It sure seems so. I hope it puts the movies to shame. The animation looks pretty good.

mr.smiley
I remember watching the commentary for the first RE movie,and that Milo Jonavich or however the hell you spell it pissed me off so bad.She went to on to bash the X men movie for not following the comic books,yet praises the RE movie for modeling enviroments after the game!What a moron.

At least when I saw the X Men movie characters from the comic were actualy in the film!

Kazenji
Originally posted by mr.smiley

At least when I saw the X Men movie characters from the comic were actualy in the film!

Well some of the Resident evil characters were in the movies but they were handled band.

grey fox
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well some of the Resident evil characters were in the movies but they were handled band.

Handled bad !!!

No , they weren't handled bad. They were raped.

The Resident Evil storyline was gutted and destroyed by the hacks they had writing the script. Anyone seen Romero's Live Action RE script ? It kicked ass and featured Hunters, Plant 42 and a decent Tyrant.

Kazenji
Originally posted by grey fox

Anyone seen Romero's Live Action RE script ? It kicked ass and featured Hunters, Plant 42 and a decent Tyrant.

Yea and after all that they decided to go with paul *Wanker* anderson.

ragesRemorse
Yea and after all that they decided to go with paul *Wanker* anderson.

Well, he did much better job than the replacments

mr.smiley

When I think RE,I think Albert Wesker,Chris Redfield,Jill Valentine,Leon Kennedy,Rebecca chambers,Berry Burton,etc.

Maybe i'm wrong,but I didn't see any of those characters in the first film,and the only one I saw in the second was Jill.

@st
Carlos was in the second, Claire and a bastardized Wesker were in the third.

FistOfThe North

We have seen that movie. It was called: *Street Fighter: The Movie. Which blew hard. So I'd rather they stick with R.E. than to make another atomic disaster in the way S.F.t.m. was.

*Ryu was (is?) Capcoms mascot.

Morridini
So a question for those of you have played both RE 2 and RE 4, which voice would you like as Leon for the movie?
Paul Haddad from RE 2 or Paul Mercier from RE 4?

@st
RE4, thats just what Leon sounds like to me.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Well, he did much better job than the replacments

What replacements ?

When I think RE,I think Albert Wesker,Chris Redfield,Jill Valentine,Leon Kennedy,Rebecca chambers,Berry Burton,etc.

Maybe i'm wrong,but I didn't see any of those characters in the first film,and the only one I saw in the second was Jill.

and i was talking about all the films made so far roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by @st
Carlos was in the second, Claire and a bastardized Wesker were in the third.

Bingo !! wink

mr.smiley
I didn't make it to the third film.The other two sucked to bad to make it through a 3rd one.

"and i was talking about all the films made so far "

?????

Arachnid1
Holy crap. Leon S. Kennedy is quite possibly the most badass video game character ever created. The fact that he's in it automaticly makes this movie a win. He looked so cool in the trailer. I cant wait for this movie.

http://gamespotting.net/wp-content/uploads/leon.jpg

Well some of the Resident evil characters were in the movies but they were handled band. Was that girl in Resident Evil 2 Ada Wong?

Prince Nauj
wow the cgi looks really good. when does it come out?!

Kazenji

"and i was talking about all the films made so far "

?????

Originally posted by Arachnid1

Was that girl in Resident Evil 2 Ada Wong?

No. Not the movie hell not even the third one.

Morridini
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
wow the cgi looks really good. when does it come out?!

Sometime in 08 is all they have said so far.

Diablo Cerberus
Holy crap, have you guys heard the news? A new RE movie, finally housing Leon and Claire as main characters. It's set a year after the events of the fourth game, and (because I know you're wondering why I post here with this...) it's CGI animated... Thoughts? Opinions?

Bloinky
Yeah, it wont' suck like the three movies out.

InnerRise
Exciting.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

pr1983
Originally posted by Diablo Cerberus
Holy crap, have you guys heard the news? A new RE movie, finally housing Leon and Claire as main characters. It's set a year after the events of the fourth game, and (because I know you're wondering why I post here with this...) it's CGI animated... Thoughts? Opinions?

bout bloody time...

Morridini
Great new trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37596.html
Couldn't help but saying "yey" when Leon introduced himself.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
We have seen that movie. It was called: *Street Fighter: The Movie. Which blew hard. So I'd rather they stick with R.E. than to make another atomic disaster in the way S.F.t.m. was.

*Ryu was (is?) Capcoms mascot.

In Darkhalen's mind, Mega-Man is Capcom's mascot.

That's not true though.

Scythe
Oh my, this looks like a long ass FMV, that should be alright.

Morridini
FMV?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Morridini
FMV?

Pyron_Knight
Official Site
http://www.biohazardcg.com/

About the Film and third option down gives Character Profiles.
Both Blum and Freeman will be lending their godly talent to this film.

Morridini
Great new trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41211.html

Kazenji
Got a release date for Australia

21 January 2009

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/803204

Zack Fair
Can't believe I didn't catch this before. Sweet! Leon is my fav.

Raoul
bout time we got a release date, been looking forward to this for ages...

Raoul
double post... sorry.

watching this right now, enjoying it too...

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Raoul
double post... sorry.

watching this right now, enjoying it too...

I watched it last night and I must say I loved it. It paid homage to RE2 and stayed true to in-game universe. Leon was badass as expected and the action sequences along with the CGI was quite good.

I liked how they re-introduced the G-Virus. I always wondered why Capcom never followed up on it, but now I am pleased. I remember 1 time feeling disappointed that Leon didn't make it in any new RE game during 1999-2004, but I must say it paid in long run with RE4 and this badass movie.

Morridini
Good thing you reminded, me had totaly forgotten this.

Raoul
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I watched it last night and I must say I loved it. It paid homage to RE2 and stayed true to in-game universe. Leon was badass as expected and the action sequences along with the CGI was quite good.

I liked how they re-introduced the G-Virus. I always wondered why Capcom never followed up on it, but now I am pleased. I remember 1 time feeling disappointed that Leon didn't make it in any new RE game during 1999-2004, but I must say it paid in long run with RE4 and this badass movie.

have to say i thought it was great... makes me wonder why they didn't make this rather than those other 3 movies...

Morridini
Haven't seen it yet, but the other movies were made for Average Joe, I doubt this one will be quite as good for people who hav eno played RE 4 etc. However I'll confirm or deny this once I've seen it myself.

Zack Fair
When Leon & Co. was getting the senator and the others outside the airport I remember I kept wondering why the **** they didn't just give Claire a gun. Sure in a situation like that no one would hand over their weapons, but damn it Claire would've have helped more than Angela and that other dude. It was funny when the dude was bragging to Leon about pawning them zombies without headshots. And then it was Leon who had to saved his ass.

Morridini
Ok seen the first 10 mins (plane about to crash), and I must say I was a bit put out when I saw the lip movement. I haven't seen Advent Childrne in a while, but I was kinda expecting something along those lines, however this isn't all up at that level.

Other then that I'm liking it so far.

Zack Fair
Yeah. I agree about AC looking better. However after realizing this I inmediately viewed the film as a 90 minute cutscene from the games. From there on I was happy with it.

Bloinky
I enjoyed it and it seemed like they left it off as if there could be a sequel.

Morridini
Just finished it, the "sequel" it they left off for I believe is Resident Evil 5, I think Tricell is in RE 5 somewhere.

I enjoyed it, much more then any of the live action movies. And even though the animation wasn't always on par with Advent Children, I found Leon's acrobatics when running off Level 4 as it was about to descend much more impressing then any of the acrobatics Cloud or Sephiroth did in AC.

Csdabest
This movie was pretty entertaining. Everything that makes resident evil resident evil. Though I would love to see a sequel where the situation is more desperate like the old video games.

Ryn
This movie was a lot better than I thought it would be. Definitely kicks the ass of Advent Children.

jinXed by JaNx
I thought the last half hour was boring and the creature at the end was goofy but i enjoyed it. I'm also glad to see a mature rated animation. Personally, i thought the animation was very good. Considering it's low budget i didn't have a problem with the lip movements and i thought the eye animations were great. I prefer a low budget movie over a mega monster. They wouldn't have been able to make the movie as fan oriented had there been a larger budget.

StyleTime
I watched it out of sheer fandom for the series, and it did satisfy the fan in me with some of the homages it paid. However, I wasn't overly impressed with it. As Zack Fair already said, it seemed like a 90 minute cut scene, which isn't necessarily a terrible thing. Sometimes it just seemed like Leon and Claire were just kind of... there for the sake of being there though. I felt Leon was portrayed a bit strangely as well.

Overall, I didn't dislike it, but I think it could have been better.
Originally posted by Zack Fair
When Leon & Co. was getting the senator and the others outside the airport I remember I kept wondering why the **** they didn't just give Claire a gun. Sure in a situation like that no one would hand over their weapons, but damn it Claire would've have helped more than Angela and that other dude. It was funny when the dude was bragging to Leon about pawning them zombies without headshots. And then it was Leon who had to saved his ass.
Not only that but Claire threw Leon's gun back to him after she saved Rani in the early airport outbreak scenes. I guess her Redfield genes just make her too badass to actually carry the gun with her?

Prince Nauj
bought it and loved it. good movie

Scythe
So I bought this, and well to me, it was good, but it wasn't great. I expected much more. casual RE fans are gonna find this film so confusing. I barely know what the G-Virus is, but I'm glad it had a mention.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by StyleTime
I watched it out of sheer fandom for the series, and it did satisfy the fan in me with some of the homages it paid. However, I wasn't overly impressed with it. As Zack Fair already said, it seemed like a 90 minute cut scene, which isn't necessarily a terrible thing. Sometimes it just seemed like Leon and Claire were just kind of... there for the sake of being there though. I felt Leon was portrayed a bit strangely as well.

Overall, I didn't dislike it, but I think it could have been better.

Not only that but Claire threw Leon's gun back to him after she saved Rani in the early airport outbreak scenes. I guess her Redfield genes just make her too badass to actually carry the gun with her?

Agreed. The Redfield gene is above firearms. Chris is just too dense to realize it.

Kazenji
It finally got released in Australia and i Brought it and i liked it alot better then the live action movies

also liked the bloopers on the dvd laughing

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
and the creature at the end was goofy

in what way ?

Ilovefreemovies
Good Movie!

Mutough
I saw this a few days ago. I didn't like it... At all. They could've just changes the characters and called it Doom II. It also had Balamb Garden, which I don't get.

Nemesis X
I liked it but there were some problems.

1: Where the heck is Albert Wesker?
2: The movie needed more monsters. Zombies and G-Virus isn't enough.
3: The movie is short.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mutough
They could've just changes the characters and called it Doom II.

Why ?

it feel like Resident Evil to me

sounds like you feel asleep.

Pyron_Knight
I dislike Degeneration Leon. In RE2 he's a pussy rookie. In RE4 he's a wisecracking action hero. In Degen...he's...a blank slate. With no expression in his voice or face. He's lost all feeling.

But apart fromt hat, i liked the movie.

Nemesis X
Last I checked, Resident Evil had more than one or two monsters. Zombies and G-Virus that's it? No hounds, no lickers, no other creatures, just those two? That's ridiculous.

Kazenji
How would they have gotten Lickers, Hounds and any other creature when Raccoon city got nuked where the underground Umbrella base was??

I highly doubt they would of had a base underneath a airport or even a Pharmaceutical company that has no links to a former orginization thats been shutdown.

starlock
I enjoyed it... thumb up

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
I dislike Degeneration Leon. In RE2 he's a pussy rookie. In RE4 he's a wisecracking action hero. In Degen...he's...a blank slate. With no expression in his voice or face. He's lost all feeling.

But apart fromt hat, i liked the movie. agreed

Neo Darkhalen
I liked it, It felt like Resident evil, the building/room designs, the music (kept reminding me of earlier typerwriter rooms.) and overall the character models especially how close Curtis's mutation mirrored that of Birkins.

Like what was stated above I was not fond of Leon's new blank demeanor but it did not diminish anything from the film, I wasn't to surprised by the villain (seeing how he was British, and practically every British man is a villain in films.) But overall a great film; I think I'll go pick up a copy along with RES 5; speaking of which, I really enjoyed that little Tricell cameo.

Nemesis X
If Degeneration was left off after the events of RE4, you think that something like Plagas or a cult in Europe would've been mentioned. I'm just wondering why things in RE4 aren't mentioned when Capcom tells us the movie is after that game. It probably would've been humerous if Ashley kept annoying Leon through the phone asking him to go out with her.

StiltmanFTW
bump

Rewatched it yesterday, still enjoyable (especially the first 30 mins).

Apparently there is RE: Vendetta coming in 2017?

SquallX
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
bump

Rewatched it yesterday, still enjoyable (especially the first 30 mins).

Apparently there is RE: Vendetta coming in 2017?

Didn't know that until i read you're post. Leon's in it, it has my vote.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SquallX
Didn't know that until i read you're post. Leon's in it, it has my vote.

There is a thread about it, made by Arachnid:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t627880.html

SquallX
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
There is a thread about it, made by Arachnid:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t627880.html

Thanks

StiltmanFTW
No problem.

I enjoyed both Degeneration and Damnation, so I'm looking forward to it. And yeah, always good to see more Leon S. Kennedy.

Surtur
Yeah always liked Leon, I was introduced to the series via Resident Evil 2. F*ck Claire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.