Superman and Wonderwoman Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
Just wanting to know since Nvr said something to the effect of "They would win" and it piqued my interest a bit.

Mr. Slippyfist
Wonder Woman holds Superman back, and they lose, because Superman can't fight as well for fear of WW dying or something along those lines...

As far as a real fight would go, without worrying about WW... no comment.

Bouboumaster
Thanos punch the shit out of Superman, and bitchslap Wonder Woman yelling:
"Wat'cha gonna do, hoe!?"

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wondy crosses her bracelets and prays for the God Wave while Superman flies around at light speed hitting thanos with his best punches for a while. :P

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Wondy crosses her bracelets and prays for the God Wave while Superman flies around at light speed hitting thanos with his best punches for a while. :P
And? Who wins? Because in that other thread you said they would stomp him.

Mr. Slippyfist
Spite thread. Made to spite nvr. Spite thread. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
And? Who wins? Because in that other thread you said they would stomp him.

With the JLA hell yeah they would. With out the god wave or some of Wondy's weapons, They won't be able to do much but stalemate him or stay out of his range.

h1a8
I going out on a limb here.
I don't think Thanos has a high level of physical durability (withstanding punches on Superman's and WW's level) neither do I think he has the speed to compete with them as well. Now he can take uber blasts of energy and such and he is faster/more agile than Thing and Hulk. But as far as Superman's and WW's speed and physical power are concerned then this is a no contest win for them.

Now I said I'm going on a limb right?
So here it is:
Superman beats Thanos solo.

King Kandy
Really? Because him bringing up the fight actually interested me. I want to see peoples opinions on this. Just wanted to bring up Nvr being hypocritical. But that's not the point of the thread. I want to see what people think.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think Thanos has a high level of physical durability (withstanding punches on Superman's and WW's level) neither do I think he has the speed to compete with them as well. Now he can take uber blasts of energy and such and he is faster/more agile than Thing and Hulk. But as far as Superman's and WW's speed and physical power are concerned then this is a no contest win for them.

So here it is:

I do think Superman has the chops to give thanos a hell of a fight. Beat him? No.

King Kandy
With the JLA hell yeah they would. With out the god wave or some of Wondy's weapons, They won't be able to do much but stalemate him or stay out of his range.
My mistake. It was actually MM and WW that you said would stomp Thanos.

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't think Thanos has a high level of physical durability
Stopped reading.

King Kandy
no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
My mistake. It was actually MM and WW that you said would stomp Thanos.

Fail. I said Wondy and Martian manhunter knocked the holy shit out of a quantum zealot. And HE could stomp thanos. Zealot would beat thanos. Thus The JLA has the chops to bust thanos up.

Inhuman

So here it is:

You fell off the damn tree

King Kandy
Well that is what you said, but it's clear this is what you meant:

WW and MM>Quantum>Thanos.

Thus, you were implying that MM and WW would stomp Thanos.

Batman-Prime
Superman beat DS, Thanos is just an rippoff of DS. Superman at his best, or like he was in OWAW, would solo Thanos.

Did I mention that Thanos is way overrated? He is only good if he gets his hands on something really powerful like the IG or HOTU but then again, wo isn't?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well that is what you said, but it's clear this is what you meant:

WW and MM>Quantum>Thanos.

Thus, you were implying that MM and WW would stomp Thanos.

No. Are you slow or what? I merely said that Wondy and MM knocked the shit out of a quantum. They didn't beat him on thier own. Supers and Wondy did the same trick to the general. But they didn't beat him on thier own. I was citing examples of team work and power that can rock thanos. SInce the quantum is more powerful than THanos. Those same tactics would have much more effect.

King Kandy
Right. So those same tactics could beat Thanos. Thus, this team would win against Thanos.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Did I mention that Thanos is way overrated? He is only good if he gets his hands on something really powerful like the IG or HOTU but then again, wo isn't?
He's only good if he gets his hands on artifacts? No. He took on Tyrant, Odin, and Galactus without artifacts. And did pretty well. He almost defeated Galactus with TP.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Right. So those same tactics could beat Thanos. Thus, this team would win against Thanos.

Um. Where the hell did you get that impression? I said they would have much more effect on Thanos. The tactics didn't KO the quantum or the general. I don't think they will work on thanos in a one shot. As I said, barring Wondy's extra powers or the Godwave, Thanos likely takes at least 6/10. Superman is a wild card too, cuz he suddenly remembers he doesn't have to hold back and unloads on thanos all by his lonesome for a bit.

King Kandy
You said the tactics worked on Quantum. Well maybe you lied, I don't have the issue so I had to go based on what you said.

h1a8
Originally posted by Inhuman
You fell off the damn tree

prove it then.
Show me how Thanos can withstand uber physical punishment (not energy blasts) without being koed. Because of all the times Thanos got hit physically it either resulted in his death, busted his face, or gutted him.

Frankly I don't even see how Thanos gets by the lasso routine.

h1a8
He's only good if he gets his hands on artifacts? No. He took on Tyrant, Odin, and Galactus without artifacts. And did pretty well. He almost defeated Galactus with TP.

Energy blasts are not physical punches/kicks. The latter trumps nearly everything in comics.
Most energy blasts coming from beings in comics seem so weak that they are probably just soft foamy lights.

tkitna

Then you have failed. Please exit the thread to your left.

Come on man. If you look up durability in the dictionary, it has Thanos' name right beside it.

You really dont know the character that well, do you?

As for the thread, I think Thanos wins.

horrorwolf

So here it is:

Joke post of the day. laughing laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
You said the tactics worked on Quantum. Well maybe you lied, I don't have the issue so I had to go based on what you said.

No. I said that they knocked the shit out of the quantum. And that they did the same thing to the general. Next time learn how to read what I post instead of looking for things to ***** about.

Mr. Slippyfist
prove it then.
Show me how Thanos can withstand uber physical punishment (not energy blasts) without being koed. Because of all the times Thanos got hit physically it either resulted in his death, busted his face, or gutted him.

Frankly I don't even see how Thanos gets by the lasso routine.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-17.jpg

The next part is him just taking an outburst from the IG, and being fine after... nothing special. ermm

Now, will you please go read something on Thanos... because your ignorance is astounding.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

The next part is him just taking an outburst from the IG, and being fine after... nothing special. ermm

Now, will you please go read something on Thanos... because your ignorance is astounding.

You forgot the odin fight. The galactus one. Tyrant one.

oh and alot of other instances.

Tons and tons of other instanes to be exact.

Mr. Slippyfist

Tons and tons of other instanes to be exact. He only wanted durability feats from when Thanos was punched (cause he thought he had something)... so I got the best example off the top of my head.

Of course, there's tons more, but one will suffice.

Batman-Prime
Oh yeah, Superman has no highend feats, WW neither, only Thanos, I forgot on the Marvel boards only the highendfeats of Marvel chars count and are put against the lowefeats of DC chars wink. Superman > Thanos, anyday a week.

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh yeah, Superman has no highend feats, WW neither, only Thanos, I forgot on the Marvel boards only the highendfeats of Marvel chars count and are put against the lowefeats of DC chars wink. Superman > Thanos, anyday a week. What the hell are you talking about... or to?
No one said anything along those lines to my recollection, and I was only responding to the junk about Thanos having no durability.

That post makes you look like a fanboy, and ignorant of Marvel... especially when you're responding to nothing...
Plus, even if your logic was semi-right... Thanos is not Marvel. Superman, and WW do not represent everything DC. Giving Thanos the win over those two, or vice versa does not have any bearings over Marvel vs DC.
God...

Inhuman
Superman beat DS, Thanos is just an rippoff of DS. Superman at his best, or like he was in OWAW, would solo Thanos.

Oh yeah, Superman has no highend feats, WW neither, only Thanos, I forgot on the Marvel boards only the highendfeats of Marvel chars count and are put against the lowefeats of DC chars wink. Superman > Thanos, anyday a week.

Your comparing DS to Thanos. Just cause Superman treats DS like a punching bag you asume that he would do the same to Thanos.

Supes and WW are herald level at best. Thanos never has had any problems with those types of power level beings before.
By your logic he should have trouble now, because supes beats up on DS? erm

tdawg14
DC fans are just upset cause Thanos>Darkseid. It shows on this board bigtime.

Batman-Prime
What the hell are you talking about... or to?
No one said anything along those lines to my recollection, and I was only responding to the junk about Thanos having no durability.

That post makes you look like a fanboy, and ignorant of Marvel... especially when you're responding to nothing...
Plus, even if your logic was semi-right... Thanos is not Marvel. Superman, and WW do not represent everything DC. Giving Thanos the win over those two, or vice versa does not have any bearings over Marvel vs DC.
God...

I just said something I noticed on this board, and to whom I'm talking? Whoever feels spoken too, like those people responding to my post? wink

Tell once the truth and you earn hostility. Superman has beaten far more powerful opponents then Thanos, so by all logic he would beat Thanos too.

I can't get used to this Herald level bull*s*h*i*t comming from Marvel fanboys. There is no herald level in DC. DC Powerhouses were always "overpowered" beyond the scope of heroes as Thor or Sentry. There is neither an Class 100 strength, Superman isn't in this category, nor is WW nor MM, Thor is yeah but not even DC Thor. God I can't help but biased "facts" as this give me a headache.

Inhuman
Tell once the truth and you earn hostility. Superman has beaten far more powerful opponents then Thanos, so by all logic he would beat Thanos too.

By your logic: Thanos has beaten opponents far more powerful than superman by a long shot.

The herald comparisons and class 100 thing are just comparisons. I said superman is probably in the herald power level (not just based on strength). I never said he equals an exact herald.

Anyhow Surfer>superman or WW

Batman-Prime
By your logic: Thanos has beaten opponents far more powerful than superman by a long shot.

The herald comparisons and class 100 thing are just comparisons. I said superman is probably in the herald power level (not just based on strength). I never said he equals an exact herald.

Anyhow Surfer>superman or WW

Yeah Thanos, without external weapons as the Ig or HOTU beat exactly whome? Who is more powerful then say Imperiex? I don't want to talk even about PC which is canon wink.

And Superman >>> Surfer. But i respect your opinion wink.

Grinning Goku
Yeah Thanos, without external weapons as the Ig or HOTU beat exactly whome? Who is more powerful then say Imperiex? I don't want to talk even about PC which is canon wink.

And Superman >>> Surfer.

Good Good, man. Noooo!!!!! What are you smoking.

Surfuer>> Superman. And I'm a Superman fan. What the f**k?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Good Good, man. Noooo!!!!! What are you smoking.

Surfuer>> Superman. And I'm a Superman fan. What the f**k?

The best s*h*i*t here in europe. And no my friend, you are wrong, Superman is as far above Surfer as Surfer is above the Thing. Surfer is nothing more then an midlevel-Imperiexprobe
stick out tongue

Inhuman
I don't want to talk even about PC which is canon wink.

And Superman >>> Surfer. But i respect your opinion wink.

Lets talk about PC Supes smile

Yeah I understand he farts away galaxies, and him spinning real fast can time travel, and a bunch of other wacky shit.

BUT

He had trouble and was sometimes defeated by LAUGHABLE enemies.

Toyman, The prankster, A mutant bear, an alien chick, radioactive plants, ect.

as powerfull as he was someone like dr. doom or impossible man could give him trouble.

iceman24567

Yeah I understand he farts away galaxies, and him spinning real fast can time travel, and a bunch of other wacky shit.

BUT

as powerfull as he was someone like dr. doom or impossible man could give him trouble. Don't even start we can always bring up a little fury chick to combat that and Thanos was one shotted by a street leveler Drax thats laughable laughing laughing Happy Dance

Batman-Prime

BUT

as powerfull as he was someone like dr. doom or impossible man could give him trouble.

See my friend, that is exactly the "lets talk about the DC lowfeats " I mentioned earlier the Marvel fans like to use when they see that there is no chance in hell for their hero to win wink.

Inhuman
Originally posted by iceman24567
Don't even start we can always bring up a little fury chick to combat that and Thanos was one shotted by a street leveler Drax thats laughable laughing laughing Happy Dance

SQ has never lost.

and drax is street level now? What the f**k?

Grinning Goku
The best s*h*i*t here in europe. And no my friend, you are wrong, Superman is as far above Surfer as Surfer is above the Thing. Surfer is nothing more then an midlevel-Imperiexprobe
stick out tongue

No he isn't. All Norrin has to do is suck the solar energy out of Clark and he wins. He's also faster than Supes.

Larceny
Regardless of who wins, WW dies in the battle.

Avlon

Tyrant - Ran away - Forfeit or inconclusive fight.

Odin - Looked like shit while Odin was Irish spring fresh. - Again..Inconclusive and worse for wear.

Galactus - Was about to die and begged for his life. - Forfeit.

Thanos was pretty well prepped for all 3 battles as well..and still lost.

Team wins.

iceman24567
SQ has never lost.

and drax is street level now? What the f**k? So shes still laughable right? Current Drax isn't even low herald level and he on shotted Thanos what does that mean?

Inhuman
So shes still laughable right? Current Drax isn't even low herald level and he on shotted Thanos what does that mean?

A regular teenager with a k-nite dagger could hurt superman.
Especially if the kid stabs him in the back.

Drax was made to kill thanos. He was his k-nite.

Grinning Goku
A regular teenager with a k-nite dagger could hurt superman.
Especially if the kid stabs him in the back.

And...?

Larceny
So shes still laughable right? Current Drax isn't even low herald level and he on shotted Thanos what does that mean?

People are still carrying one with this "Drax beat Thanos" nonsense? He was supposed to kill him, he was created for that purpose, he's the only one capable of doing so. That, and Thanos wasn't even paying attention to Drax.

Inhuman
And...?

and nothing... roll eyes (sarcastic)

your right thanos loses.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Larceny
People are still carrying one with this "Drax beat Thanos" nonsense? He was supposed to kill him, he was created for that purpose, he's the only one capable of doing so. That, and Thanos wasn't even paying attention to Drax. So Thanos was killed by a plot device basically so Supermans laughable loses just means he sucks then?

Grinning Goku
and nothing... roll eyes (sarcastic)

your right thanos loses.

I never said Superman could beat him. He can't alone, that's for sure. I just didn't see how your little scenario played into this battle.

Mr. Slippyfist
I just said something I noticed on this board, and to whom I'm talking? Whoever feels spoken too, like those people responding to my post? wink

I can't get used to this Herald level bull*s*h*i*t comming from Marvel fanboys. There is no herald level in DC. DC Powerhouses were always "overpowered" beyond the scope of heroes as Thor or Sentry. There is neither an Class 100 strength, Superman isn't in this category, nor is WW nor MM, Thor is yeah but not even DC Thor. God I can't help but biased "facts" as this give me a headache. You were spouting some irrelevant bullshit actually. smile

Good for him... I don't care who you think wins. I wasn't responding to that.

'Herald level bullshit' that's incorporated into our rating systems. If you don't like... you can get out. smile
And you were talking about Marvel fanboys? That's the most ironic thing I've seen today...

At least I know not to listen to what you say though, anymore. smile

Inhuman
I never said Superman could beat him. He can't alone, that's for sure. I just didn't see how your little scenario played into this battle.

MY little scenario started because someone was saying that because superman can beat Darkseid then he should have no trouble with Thanos. After that it got off topic a bit.

Anyhow I do think that these 2 go down to Thanos.

Grinning Goku
MY little scenario started because someone was saying that because superman can beat Darkseid then he should have no trouble with Thanos. After that it got off topic a bit.

Anyhow I do think that these 2 go down to Thanos.

I agree.

iceman24567
I agree.

Grinning Goku

Anyhow I do think that these 2 go down on Thanos.

lulz.

Mr. Slippyfist
I agree. Originally posted by Grinning Goku
lulz. confused

Grinning Goku
Anyhow I do think that these 2 go down on Thanos.

Mr. Slippyfist
Anyhow I do think that these 2 go down on Thanos. Ah... didn't see the slight edit...

Batman-Prime
You were spouting some irrelevant bullshit actually. smile

Good for him... I don't care who you think wins. I wasn't responding to that.

'Herald level bullshit' that's incorporated into our rating systems. If you don't like... you can get out. smile
And you were talking about Marvel fanboys? That's the most ironic thing I've seen today...

At least I know not to listen to what you say though, anymore. smile

Seems you felt as if this bullshit was meant for you? wink

An flawed system if it comes down to DC it seems. And thank you but I will stay a little bit longer smile.

You don't have to, close your eyes and belive in whatever you want, we talk only about comics and I don't have to like you opinion on them, yours is not better then mine, i hope you get what i mean cool .

Air Legend
Thanos kills Wonder Woman in one punch and kills Superman in 5 punches.

guy222
thanos ftw

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Air Legend
Thanos kills Wonder Woman in one punch and kills Superman in 5 punches.

Thanos is a slow, ground bound oaf who wont' ever hit wondy with a punch. ANd he sure as HELL WILL NEVER get thru her shields. And since he's a slow oaf, she wont' have a problem putting it up.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tdawg14
DC fans are just upset cause Thanos>Darkseid. It shows on this board bigtime.

When Thanos can amp Shadow demons, create realities, grant life and death, control time, collapse the time stream, create beings like Stayne and Brimstone out of his own power, power a planet full of gods with his own power, reality warp pantheons, and fly unaided, let me know. Until then, Thanos gets killed by a mid meta drax.

horrorwolf
Thanos.

quanchi112
When Thanos can amp Shadow demons, create realities, grant life and death, control time, collapse the time stream, create beings like Stayne and Brimstone out of his own power, power a planet full of gods with his own power, reality warp pantheons, and fly unaided, let me know. Until then, Thanos gets killed by a mid meta drax. Please Darkseid aint shit compared to Thanos anymore and you know it. Darkseid needs the ale cuz on his own he cant even handle Batman and doesnt even have the balls to face Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Please Darkseid aint shit compared to Thanos anymore and you know it. Darkseid needs the ale cuz on his own he cant even handle Batman and doesnt even have the balls to face Superman.

Thanos didn't have the balls to face champion without his tech. Thanos can't even beat Drax's fist. Batman was amped and DS had been blasted by a staff. Now put up or shut up. Show thanos having remotely the power that DS has. Thanos can't even fly. Retarded external can't fly.

quanchi112
Thanos didn't have the balls to face champion without his tech. Thanos can't even beat Drax's fist. Batman was amped and DS had been blasted by a staff. Now put up or shut up. Show thanos having remotely the power that DS has. Thanos can't even fly. Retarded external can't fly. Thanos didnt want to waste his time. He faced Champion with the power gem and worked him over. laughing

Who cares if Thanos cant fly what good has it done for Darkseid. Ds got rocked by Batman. Thats all there is to it. Poor god. Darkseid then disappeared into the floor so he could hide from Superman.

Laguna L
Team FTW.

h1a8
Energy blasts are not physical punches/kicks. The latter trumps nearly everything in comics.
Most energy blasts coming from beings in comics seem so weak that they are probably just soft foamy lights.

Again Thanos is uber durable to energy blasts but physical strikes is a no.

h1a8

Not very impressive. Thanos was hit with a mere smack.
And Superman's fists are harder than that soft ground his head went into. And don't lecture me on who that guy was. I know it was Magus with the IG. So what, it was still a mere smack that made Thanos look like a child.

h1a8
Originally posted by tkitna
Then you have failed. Please exit the thread to your left.

Come on man. If you look up durability in the dictionary, it has Thanos' name right beside it.

You really dont know the character that well, do you?

As for the thread, I think Thanos wins.

My friend you must read my post correctly.
I said physical durability (punches, kicks, etc.). Thanos is only known for energy blast durability. There are different types of durability my friend.

h1a8

Tons and tons of other instanes to be exact.

You didn't read my post correctly (or not at all).
I mentioned physical durability (punches, kicks, etc) and not energy blast durability (something Thanos is uber durable against).
So the former has tons and tons of either nothing or showings of being weak to it.

h1a8
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Joke post of the day. laughing laughing laughing

If it is such a joke then prove that Thanos can take Superman level strikes and not be fu*ked up. And don't show me Thanos taking energy blasts either because these are not the same.

Bentley
Thanos fought a Warrior madness Thor with the power gem. Thats beyond Superman level.

Inhuman
I mentioned physical durability (punches, kicks, etc) and not energy blast durability (something Thanos is uber durable against).
So the former has tons and tons of either nothing or showings of being weak to it. Originally posted by h1a8
If it is such a joke then prove that Thanos can take Superman level strikes and not be fu*ked up. And don't show me Thanos taking energy blasts either because these are not the same.

Superman level strikes?
lol here is Warrior Madness Thor with the Power Gem. Vastly more powerful strikes than superman can ever deal.
Yeah Thanos is weak to physical punishment erm

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt3fj.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt26bj.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt38nq.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt43el.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt56ro.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt61ym.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt71pc.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6471/silversurferv3088156tf.jpg

like I said supes and WW lose this.

tkitna
Thanos and Thing (Here's a punch. Damn that was effective.)
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bengrimm9wa.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bengrimm26av.jpg

Thanos vrs. Thor w/power gem (This is more than Superman)
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt94gp.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt109xj.jpg

Now please quit with your madness.

tkitna
Eh, you beat me to it Inhuman.

Inhuman
Eh, you beat me to it Inhuman.

happywank he was ranting on & on not knowing anything bout prune face.

tkitna
Yeah, this thread can end now.

h1a8
Superman level strikes?
lol here is Warrior Madness Thor with the Power Gem. Vastly more powerful strikes than superman can ever deal.
Yeah Thanos is weak to physical punishment erm

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt3fj.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt26bj.jpg

like I said supes and WW lose this.

Not impressive. Thano's face was busted. Plus needs proof that Thor was utilizing the gems power for an increase of strength. Then needs proof that this Thor is stronger than regular Supes. Again Supes fu*cks Thanos up 1000000x quicker than what Thor did.

h1a8
Thanos and Thing (Here's a punch. Damn that was effective.)
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bengrimm9wa.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bengrimm26av.jpg

Thanos vrs. Thor w/power gem (This is more than Superman)
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt94gp.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbt109xj.jpg

Now please quit with your madness.
Thing is a piece of dust when compared to Superman.
And prove that Thor was utilizing the power of the gem to augment his strength and then prove that this is greater than Superman. Also know that Thano's face was busted in the process too. And by the way, I have all those issues of Warrior Madness Thor. But I decided to post anyway. So is this madness?

Inhuman
Not impressive. Thano's face was busted. Plus needs proof that Thor was utilizing the gems power for an increase of strength. Then needs proof that this Thor is stronger than regular Supes. Again Supes fu*cks Thanos up 1000000x quicker than what Thor did.

lol, wow. dursideup

Mr. Slippyfist
Not very impressive. Thanos was hit with a mere smack.
And Superman's fists are harder than that soft ground his head went into. And don't lecture me on who that guy was. I know it was Magus with the IG. So what, it was still a mere smack that made Thanos look like a child. So... what exactly was Magus (angry) punching? An illusion?
How you missed Magus punching his head, without purposefully ignoring it is beyond me...

Even if you're right... a smack made Thanos look like a child... and that person was pretty much an abstract level being... no expression

Bentley
Let me get this straight: Someone thinks that Superman hits harder that Warrior Madness Thor with the power gem?

Juntai
Superman can give Thanos as a good fight alone.
And I'm not really a fan of WW, but I don't think she makes too much of a difference, unless she can get a decent hit with something magical of hers.
So for the most part, imo, it's up to Supes and Thanos, and how people feel that goes down.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bentley
Let me get this straight: Someone thinks that Superman hits harder that Warrior Madness Thor with the power gem?
For a non-holding back Superman
then that's correct.
Prove me wrong.

Bentley
Has a non-holding back Superman ever happened in comics?

Mr. Slippyfist
Has a non-holding back Superman ever happened in comics? Ya.
*Insert WW fight*

Mr. Slippyfist
So the former has tons and tons of either nothing or showings of being weak to it. How exactly that's supposed to make a difference is beyond me...

*Insert Tyrant fight*

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Juntai
And I'm not really a fan of WW, but I don't think she makes too much of a difference, unless she can get a decent hit with something magical of hers.
So for the most part, imo, it's up to Supes and Thanos, and how people feel that goes down. This is one of the only opinions I respect in this thread so far...
While I disagree a little, I can't call you on it. thumb up

Also, I guess it's standard gear for WW... so apparently according to WW's status now-a-days; she's going to use her tiara in the first second, and try and cut Thanos's head off. ermm

---

Damn triple post!

Juntai
This is one of the only opinions I respect in this thread so far...
While I disagree a little, I can't call you on it. thumb up

Also, I guess it's standard gear for WW... so apparently according to WW's status now-a-days; she's going to use her tiara in the first second, and try and cut Thanos's head off. ermm

---

Damn triple post! Thanos has a good record to top tiers and has at least tangled with some very powerful people... And trust that I've read most of Thanos' appearances..but on the same note, Supes fights top tier guys too, even in groups like Thanos at times, fights guys in Thanos' league at times, and sometimes even way beyond, and does good- often good enough to gather a W. It would be wrong to say he can't even at least give him a solid fight, imo. Majority is wholly up to opinion of course, as everything on here is- unless of course it's a completely obvious match-up eg; Gladiator vs Adam Strange or some sort.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos has a good record to top tiers and has at least tangled with some very powerful people... And trust that I've read most of Thanos' appearances..but on the same note, Supes fights top tier guys too, even in groups like Thanos at times, fights guys in Thanos' league at times, and sometimes even way beyond, and does good- often good enough to gather a W. It would be wrong to say he can't even at least give him a solid fight, imo. Majority is wholly up to opinion of course, as everything on here is- unless of course it's a completely obvious match-up eg; Gladiator vs Adam Strange or some sort. I see it as a good fight-ish... but I can't see him getting the majority, IMO. erm

Juntai
I see it as a good fight-ish... but I can't see him getting the majority, IMO. erm I've got no problem with that, I'm not trying to convince anyone differently. I was just adding my two cents. Saying Supes can give him a good fight, doesn't mean neccisarily he's going to take majority, but more-so I believe that both of these characters have shown the capacity to give the other a run.

I guess it was more a shot at the people who think Thanos is going to railroad Superman in a couple of blows, clearly those people haven't read Superman.

Mr. Slippyfist
I've got no problem with that, I'm not trying to convince anyone differently. I was just adding my two cents. Saying Supes can give him a good fight, doesn't mean neccisarily he's going to take majority, but more-so I believe that both of these characters have shown the capacity to give the other a run.

I guess it was more a shot at the people who think Thanos is going to railroad Superman in a couple of blows, clearly those people haven't read Superman. Of course... of course.

Never said differently, just wanted to throw mine out there. smile

To all the Kandy's and Air Legends?

Juntai

To all the Kandy's and Air Legends? Whoever may, I won't pull cards and name names. smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Whoever may, I won't pull cards and name names. smile
Oh you. big grin

Four people off the top of my head though, who you shouldn't listen to concerning characters in this thread are:
Air Legend
Nvr
Kandy (perhaps replace... nevermind... I forgot about the JLA vs Thanos thread.)
H1

Just throwing it out there... ermm

BobbyD
I do think Superman has the chops to give thanos a hell of a fight. Beat him? No.

Indeed. But no other character has a ticker bigger than Clark. That's the X factor. When things seem at their darkest or worst, no one single character has the capability to pull out a win like Superman under the most certain of impossibilities/improbabilites.

Even Thanos would gush how much effort he would have to exude to finish Clark.

BobbyD
Now, for my answer, see my response for the Darkseid vs WW and Superman thread..... evil face

Tony Stark
Thing is a piece of dust when compared to Superman.
And prove that Thor was utilizing the power of the gem to augment his strength and then prove that this is greater than Superman. Also know that Thano's face was busted in the process too. And by the way, I have all those issues of Warrior Madness Thor. But I decided to post anyway. So is this madness?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Can you name the last character that one shotted Ben when he was ready for battle...? Psst... Superman couldn't do it. As far as I know strength is the only knid of augmentation that the power gem gives someone... THANOS himself confirmed that THOR was in his warrior madness faze.

FTR THANOS destroys Supes/WW 10/10

Newjak
Could Thor and Silver Surfer beat Thanos.

Whatever the answer is answers this thread as well.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by BobbyD
Indeed. But no other character has a ticker bigger than Clark. That's the X factor. When things seem at their darkest or worst, no one single character has the capability to pull out a win like Superman under the most certain of impossibilities/improbabilites.

Even Thanos would gush how much effort he would have to exude to finish Clark.

confused

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... THANOS would straight out laugh at Supes after taking his best shot, just like he does to SS.

Correct me if I'm wrong (BTW I'm not) SS>>Supes
and THANOS>>>>>>>>>>SS.

ANd FTR Ben disagrees with you and says he's got the most ticker per pound.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Newjak

nada...

Now Chuck and Bruce......? Who's to say.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So for the most part, imo, it's up to Supes and Thanos, and how people feel that goes down.
So basically becuz your not a fan, she doesn't add anything. She seemed to add to Supers Knocking the general back. To towing the earth. To helping fight oblivion and Amazo. in Fact in some instances she's still up fighting while supers is out cold.

Juntai
So basically becuz your not a fan, she doesn't add anything. She seemed to add to Supers Knocking the general back. To towing the earth. To helping fight oblivion and Amazo. in Fact in some instances she's still up fighting while supers is out cold. I said that to let her fans do the debating for her, and then continued on with my thoughts, but you're debating against the wrong person here.

Juntai
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... THANOS would straight out laugh at Supes after taking his best shot, just like he does to SS.

and THANOS>>>>>>>>>>SS.

ANd FTR Ben disagrees with you and says he's got the most ticker per pound. Try harder. I won't say your OPINION is wrong, but your train of thought certainly is.

Bentley
Originally posted by Newjak

He takes them. Unless you have a boosted Thor like Rune King Thor, other than that Thanos should be able to beat a couple of top tiers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I said that to let her fans do the debating for her, and then continued on with my thoughts, but you're debating against the wrong person here.

IT's obvious that Superman and WOndy can pull some wins with all of thier hokey powers. Lasso knots and Superman not holding back and all of that. But at best they could only get 5/10 on THanos. Unless they throw him in a black hole. LMAO. Oh wait, Thanos also bleeds when someone uses martial arts on him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
confused

and THANOS>>>>>>>>>>SS.

Fail.

Bentley
Come on, this guys aren't breaking Thanos shields before being defeated.

Tony Stark
Fail.

THANOS on more than one occasion has taken a pissed SS blast and laughed at him. And THANOS would do the same to Supes. And yes SS is > Supes.. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You FAIL. Not I.

horrorwolf
Thanos takes these two top tiers after a long fight....10/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
THANOS on more than one occasion has taken a pissed SS blast and laughed at him. And THANOS would do the same to Supes. And yes SS is > Supes.. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You FAIL. Not I.
Hate to burst your bubble pal, SS is not >Superman. Superman has greater feats and defeated greater opponents than Surfer. At best surfer is equally powerful with more versatility. But he can't fight for shit. Surfer being pissed means nothing when He acts like a retard when ever thanos is around.

horrorwolf
Hate to burst your bubble pal, SS is not >Superman. Superman has greater feats and defeated greater opponents than Surfer. At best surfer is equally powerful with more versatility. But he can't fight for shit. Surfer being pissed means nothing when He acts like a retard when ever thanos is around.

True, Superman's feats>>>>>>>Surfers,
But Surfer is capable of matching Superman at will, as well as having access to more powerful energy attacks...and can fairly easily amp up to Superman levels at will.

Sadly, Neither of these two can take Thanos though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
True, Superman's feats>>>>>>>Surfers,
But Surfer is capable of matching Superman at will, as well as having access to more powerful energy attacks...and can fairly easily amp up to Superman levels at will.

Sadly, Neither of these two can take Thanos though.

Surfer can fairly easily amp up to superman lvls? Proof?

horrorwolf
Surfer can fairly easily amp up to superman lvls? Proof?

what?

Its a known fact that Surfer boost cosmic energies to amp both his physical strength and durability, and sustain it for as long as there is comic energy available for him to absorb...He has done it time and time again vs the likes of Hulk for instance.

What exactly about this do you disagree with?

BobbyD
confused

Good point. SS is scared of Thanos. Superman is scared of no one.

:

and THANOS>>>>>>>>>>SS.

The math is correct. But, I think Superman's skillsets are a better match for Thanos, just my opinion. Kind of like WW, again IMO, would give Thor a better fight than Superman because of her resilience to magic, rending Mojilnor kind of useless. Get my drift? confused

..is just my opinion.

:

laughing out loud Fine. Whatever. smile

Batman-Prime
Thanos fought a Warrior madness Thor with the power gem. Thats beyond Superman level.

I don't think so.

Batman-Prime

Yes far Harder these days.

horrorwolf
I don't think so.

laughing laughing laughing

What????

Uh...are we talking about the same Infinity Power gem?

horrorwolf

Just...No.

Batman-Prime
laughing laughing laughing

What????

Uh...are we talking about the same Infinity Power gem?

This infinity seems very limited eek!

horrorwolf
Do you guys know what the Power gem represents? Its basically amps the owner access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist.

Only another power gem can really counter it....Thats why Thanos lusted after them so badly.

unless you are totally ignorant....Superman is NOWHERE NEAR those type of levels! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tony Stark

Supes>SS is the definitely the minority way of thinking in the land of comicgeeks. Most would disagree and by a lot.

IMO 80% of comicgeeks say SS>Supes.

wink

Batman-Prime

unless you are totally ignorant....Superman is NOWHERE NEAR those type of levels! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Goog argument I LOLed laughing

horrorwolf
Supes>SS is the definitely the minority way of thinking in the land of comicgeeks. Most would disagree and by a lot.

IMO 80% of comicgeeks say SS>Supes.

wink

Thats because SS could easily drain Superman of his solar energies and screw around with his matter, energies and dna on subatomic levels. You dont want to screw with a pissed Surfer. Just too resourceful.

Joey Stacks
Team takes it. 7/10

Wonder Woman is being under-carded in this fight.

She, at very least, can do as well as Gamora has done against the Titan.

Batman-Prime
I wonder, if we try to find an way to explain how our hero will win he will win, goes both ways, but if we let them fight it out, like they normally do in comic we see that Surfer has absolutly no chance wink.

DS, after taking an blast from Big G, needed one shot with his Omega Beam (not effect) to almost kill the Surfer. Superman took more then that from DS and won, but anyway, just comics and biased opinions big grin.

horrorwolf
I wonder, if we try to find an way to explain how our hero will win he will win, goes both ways, but if we let them fight it out, like they normally do in comic we see that Surfer has absolutly no chance wink.

DS, after taking an blast from Big G, needed one shot with his Omega Beam (not effect) to almost kill the Surfer. Superman took more then that from DS and won, but anyway, just comics and biased opinions big grin.

You bring up a good point, The problem with comics is that they establish all these abilities on paper, but ultimately pick favorites.

On paper some characters should pwn others. In comics they use fate and circumstance to make someone inevitably job for good drama.

ultimatethor
I have heard a lot of coments about hulk fan boys but people seem to bypass the level of superman fanboyism that exists hear as well. How can anyone in their right mind say that superman is > than surfer? There is no way in the world that supes beats surfer. If surfer really goes all out he could simply do a quick scan of the planet for Kryptonite{yes he can look lightyears away} transmute the energy in nanoseconds and blast the hell out of superman. He could also encase him in a shell of unbreakable ethel energy, erect extremely hard to break force fields and blast the hell out of superman while he is exhausting himself, warp time and space to teleport him to some distant time or galaxy, mentally use his board to bludgeon him, absorb his solar energies and transfer them to a copy which he could make of himself thereby creating a super silver surfer and watch that surfer kill superman and their still even more ways to do it. Since this
is a forum and PIS and CIS dont apply even the surfer would take both supes and WW. Thanos is even more powerful than the surfer and it would be even easier for him to do it. superman and wonderwoman combined cannot produce a quarter of the force odin produced and thanos took that force straight up. Physically thanos is superior to both of them. Using the ridiculous argument that well superman has defeated darkseid or harder opponents than thanos is like hulk fans saying well hulk beat onslaught so he is on skyfather level because both of the fights were riddled with PIS and underutilization of powers. Someone even said that attacks from superman are greater than attacks from thor in warrior madness while with the power gem. SUCH TALK IS JUST EXTREMELY FOOLISH

batdude123
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Wonder Woman is being under-carded in this fight.

Originally posted by Air Legend
Thanos kills Wonder Woman in one punch...

Really?

Madvillain

Seriously?

no, seriously?

Madvillain

Terrible.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I have heard a lot of coments about hulk fan boys but people seem to bypass the level of superman fanboyism that exists hear as well. How can anyone in their right mind say that superman is > than surfer? There is no way in the world that supes beats surfer. If surfer really goes all out he could simply do a quick scan of the planet for Kryptonite{yes he can look lightyears away} transmute the energy in nanoseconds and blast the hell out of superman. He could also encase him in a shell of unbreakable ethel energy, erect extremely hard to break force fields and blast the hell out of superman while he is exhausting himself, warp time and space to teleport him to some distant time or galaxy, mentally use his board to bludgeon him, absorb his solar energies and transfer them to a copy which he could make of himself thereby creating a super silver surfer and watch that surfer kill superman and their still even more ways to do it. Since this
is a forum and PIS and CIS dont apply even the surfer would take both supes and WW. Thanos is even more powerful than the surfer and it would be even easier for him to do it. superman and wonderwoman combined cannot produce a quarter of the force odin produced and thanos took that force straight up. Physically thanos is superior to both of them. Using the ridiculous argument that well superman has defeated darkseid or harder opponents than thanos is like hulk fans saying well hulk beat onslaught so he is on skyfather level because both of the fights were riddled with PIS and underutilization of powers. Someone even said that attacks from superman are greater than attacks from thor in warrior madness while with the power gem. SUCH TALK IS JUST EXTREMELY FOOLISH

My Friend, of course Surfer could do this and even more but what would Superman do, nothing? Waiting till the Surfer is finished?

Ask an SS fanboy who will win and you get the answer, ask an Superman fanboy and you get a different, both will make sense, more or less but neither will play the other to his full.

Let DC and Marvel duke it out in an Crossover, these days wink, and Superman will win.....

The highendfeats of Superman > SS, maybe because he is older or because DC is sometimes not better then those freaking DBZ shows but anyway.

This is not science, we talk about comics, and the best we can do, if putting the heroes of two companies against each other, is judging them by their best feats. Though if you have crossovers to see how the companies see their heroes and their powers compared to the other, use them,it's the best we have and in this case weak DS >>>>>>SS, with one freaking Omega beam....

Madvillain

thumbs up dude..

BobbyD

Well said. And not to get off the topic, but......

The difference between, IMO, between Hulk fanboys and Superman fanboys is VERRRRRY evident.

Hulk fanboys cite his strength as the reason for a win, almost ANY win and CAN NOT accept a loss otherwise. The strongest men walking the planet today (i.e 3/400 lb+ power lifters) can still get a life threatening beating, or worse death at the hands of guys 100 pds. This is a fact. They just don't see this analogy. Whether they refuse to accept it or can't see it, is irrelevant. That they don't get it is the point and the reason for their annoyance.

Superman fanboys at least use some logic-speed, HV, strength, durability etc, etc. albeit embellishing to the point of absurd/insane levels.

So just remember that (for the most part) Superman fanboys will at least try persuade people into thinking he can win by citing feats and using his skills sets as the reason for a win instead of: HULK SMASH! Hulk strongest there is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Good grief, I tell ya'.

batdude123
I have heard a lot of coments about hulk fan boys but people seem to bypass the level of superman fanboyism that exists hear as well.

This is a pretty bold claim coming from someone who's only been on here for a few weeks and has only posted 26 times.

Did you happen to know that Superman was voted the most hated character on the forums?

There are plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of characters who get more love around here than Superman. Besides, without people backing Superman, we'd have people running around here underestimating him just like you. smile

SupremeMan

I wasn't that familiar with Thanos so I looked him up on several sites. I think "incalculatable cosmic power" best defines it. Let's just say I don't see anything to make me believe that Superman and Wonder Woman could take him out with one speed blitz and once he gets to do anything, they are toast.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since when Did Thanos take Tyrant without an artifact? He took galactus with prep and his tech shields. WTF. People give thanos too much credit. Lot's of his feats include major prep and studying of his opponents.

King Kandy
Since when Did Thanos take Tyrant without an artifact? He took galactus with prep and his tech shields. WTF. People give thanos too much credit. Lot's of his feats include major prep and studying of his opponents.
Well for one, you know the amp Thanos was using to fight Tyrant? He permanently absorbed that. You know something else? He's got amped once again since that fight.

BobbyD
In theory, Superman just has to take one end of Diana's rope and tie a knot around Thanos before he knows what's happened and this thread is over just like that.

Again, in theory.

King Kandy
And prove that Thor was utilizing the power of the gem to augment his strength
What do you think he had it for? A new look?

If you read any of the issues involved, you find that it's stated like 50 times.

BobbyD
Well said. And not to get off the topic, but......

The difference between, IMO, between Hulk fanboys and Superman fanboys is VERRRRRY evident.

Hulk fanboys cite his strength as the reason for a win, almost ANY win and CAN NOT accept a loss otherwise. The strongest men walking the planet today (i.e 3/400 lb+ power lifters) can still get a life threatening beating, or worse death at the hands of guys 100 pds. This is a fact. They just don't see this analogy. Whether they refuse to accept it or can't see it, is irrelevant. That they don't get it is the point and the reason for their annoyance.

Superman fanboys at least use some logic-speed, HV, strength, durability etc, etc. albeit embellishing to the point of absurd/insane levels.

So just remember that (for the most part) Superman fanboys will at least try persuade people into thinking he can win by citing feats and using his skills sets as the reason for a win instead of: HULK SMASH! Hulk strongest there is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Good grief, I tell ya'.

And I used to like the Hulk-a lot. But Hulk fanboys make me do this nowadays.....

bag

King Kandy
Superman fanboys at least use some logic-
Obviously you haven't been listening to Batman-Prime's arguments.

quanchi112
As you can see my sig is slightly different than Bran's. Look at the gleam in Thanos' eyes. Thanks,Inhuman, Thanos wins.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by SupremeMan
I wasn't that familiar with Thanos so I looked him up on several sites. I think "incalculatable cosmic power" best defines it. Let's just say I don't see anything to make me believe that Superman and Wonder Woman could take him out with one speed blitz and once he gets to do anything, they are toast.

precisely. He would withstand and survive anything they could do and eventually devastate them both.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What do you think he had it for? A new look?

If you read any of the issues involved, you find that it's stated like 50 times.

The PG didn't aument his strenght. IT gave him unlimted stamina and kept him from tiring. When drax had the gem, moondragon said as much.

quanchi112
precisely. He would withstand and survive anything they could do and eventually devastate them both. Hell yeah he would he can survive Odin and withstand assaults from Tyrant who shits all over the Surfer,Brb,Morg,Terrax,etc.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>