Bring back the Scarlet Spider with new storyline!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
The "One More Day" event has caused so much controversy, hate (well deserved hate), and has upsetted the comic book community (especially die-hard fans). What I would like to see is Quesada please the die-hard fans by bringing back Ben Reilly with this new storyline.

Just a little history (very short) about Ben Reilly and then I will say again how he can come back.

Ben Reilly first appeared not knowing if he was a clone or not (so he obviously went by the name of Peter Parker). He later "died" (he didn't). A few years later he started living a normal life. Though he donned a new identity, Ben Reilly:

http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/40032/2004942601199157222_rs.jpg

He dyed his hair blonde, cut his hair, and a new name. Though when Aunt May was expected to die, he couldn't forget his past any longer and he went to New York City to see her. From there, he became the Scarlet Spider.

http://hyperion2000.free.fr/Bios/ScarletSpider.JPG

He adopted that suit for a while and fought much with it. He had interesting gadgets like said earlier, most notable his "impact webbing".

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/37354/2004967707371662945_rs.jpg

The webbing would hit the target, and push them down (goal) and web would explode covering them.

Later on Peter Parker wanted to settle down for a bit and wanted to deal with his wife who was pregnant. He asked Scarlet Spider (who's reputation was ruined) to take over as Spider-Man.

http://www.samruby.com/Spiderverse/BenReilly/BenSpiderLegs.gif

This costume was less popular (and if Marvel makes him return, hopefully he comes back in his first suit) but he took over the Spider-Man role. It differed slightly from Spider-Man's suit being as the spider in the chest and back became larger and connected.

Though Ben Reilly died asking Peter to return to the Spider-Man role. He disengrated assuring everyone that he was in fact the clone.

------------

With the "One More Day" storyline, a deal was made with Peter Parker, Mary Jane, and Mephisto. In order to save Aunt May's life (who Peter blamed it was his fault for her almost dying) the marriage would end. Time would be retconned as if they were NEVER married, Mary Jane would remember, and the un-masking would never happen either. It happened. As a result, Harry Osborn was shown alive.

This unpopular retcon of the marriage does offer possibilities, such as BEN REILLY RETURNING. Ben Reilly died while Mary Jane was married to Peter Parker (she influenced much of their story) so his dying could also be retconned. Hell, Spider-Man's own death was retconned (being as he has web shooters now) so who says another Spider-Man's death can't be retconned?

Ben Reilly can return, and I am hoping Marvel pleases hardcore fans and does at least that. Ben Reilly can offer a lot of possibilities, joining different teams from Peter, possibly settling down, having his own storylines, possibily moving to another city away from NYC, and a lot more.

Would you guys like to see Ben Reilly return?

steverules
Hell yeah!

Neo Darkhalen
Why?

steverules
He's the shizzle

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by steverules
He's the shizzle Ditto

Black Adam
Let's not.

JediSamuraiMRB
I didn't care for the clone storyline. Reilly should stay in someones trashcan down at Marvel.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I didn't care for the clone storyline. Reilly should stay in someones trashcan down at Marvel. Maybe not in clone saga... Again. But Maybe in USM. Someplace not so suspicious.... Civil War laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
No I agree, he is not needed, and now he will not exsist.

steverules
He had the best fight with Venom I have ever seen when they first clashed

Neo Darkhalen
The best fight with Venom was either the first one or the island one.

OnslaughtKILLS
Venom vs Scarlet Spider was certainly a good match and entertaining to watch. Thankfully he was wearing his first costume when it happened. I wasn't pleased when he took over the Spider-Man role.

And for those asking "why", well why not? I mean, it's a fact Spider-Man is a popular character and so was Ben at the time. To have different Spider-Man in different ongoing (different teams for examples) brings a whole new dimension into comics. Maybe one can be pro-registration and other anti-registration (despite this "Brand New Day" storyline, it is inevitable Spider-Man will encounter registration again especially since he is still on the New Avengers).

Neo Darkhalen
Or Perhaps the clone saga never happened, so he never exsisted, we have one Spider-Man that is enough, and Venom Vs. Spider-Man the first time was the best match.

Spideys Sister
I was just joking about that Civil war stuff.
I think I'd like to see them try to explain Ben comming back. That'd be hilarious. But, once again Marvel's explained themselves out of worse situations.Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Or Perhaps the clone saga never happened, so he never exsisted, we have one Spider-Man that is enough, and Venom Vs. Spider-Man the first time was the best match. They could say he's Pete's long lost brother... laughing out loud May and ben couldn't take care of him too so he went into foster care. He was used in super soilder testing and that's what gave him his powers. laughing out loud
I'm jking guys.

steverules
He's not spider-man anymore he's squirrel man, he doesn't have web shooters he has squirrel urine shooters and he can climb tree's and when it's winter he goes into hibernation.

Spideys Sister
He's not spider-man anymore he's squirrel man, he doesn't have web shooters he has squirrel urine shooters and he can climb tree's and when it's winter he goes into hibernation. laughing out loud He's dating squirrel girl insted of MJlaughing out loud

steverules
They have squirrel children

Arahan
seeing what marvel is doing lately that could really happen, bringing back Ben. I dont care anymore, logic or continuity are already ****ed up so bring in every character you can find Marvel.

How about Kaine, at least he was a cool villian-anti hero.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
laughing out loud He's dating squirrel girl insted of MJlaughing out loud

Shes a real Marvel hero, if you did not no.

steverules
She beat Thanos big grin

Neo Darkhalen
Did she?

Sparkz
one thing I would like to point out with your history, ben Reilly died his hair when he became Spider-man, not when he changed his name to Ben Reilly, he had Brown hair while the Scarlet Spider, petty fact I know but just thought I would share...

Spideys Sister
She beat Thanos big grin And Dr. DoomOriginally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Shes a real Marvel hero, if you did not no. I knew.I hate her costume but I know...

Neo Darkhalen
This thread is pointless as well, nevermind anyway would he still be a clone?

steverules
Yes..he'd be kinda pointless with no powers

Neo Darkhalen
If he was not a clone, and as such never had Spider-Mans powers.

A) He would never exsist
B) Like Steverules said he would have no powers.

Spideys Sister
Like I said Marvels dug themselves out of worse sh*t holes before.

Neo Darkhalen
Clone saga. yes

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Clone saga. yes I liked USM's (finnally got it) haven't read ASM

Neo Darkhalen
Ultimate Spider-Man is another.

JediSamuraiMRB
Even though I really didn't care for the clone saga, If Reilly did return then maybe Marvel should make him Peter's long lost twin or someone that just resembles Parker, but yet not related to him. Also maybe put Reilly in the Iron Spider costume.

Neo Darkhalen
Perhaps he gets a symbiote or somthing?

JediSamuraiMRB
Like this...

Neo Darkhalen
Oh god not Spider-Carnage put it away, actually I have scans of that and many more of SS, some with him fighting Venom.

JediSamuraiMRB
Oh god not Spider-Carnage put it away, actually I have scans of that and many more of SS, some with him fighting Venom.

Put some up, put some up. If Ben Reilly did merge with a symbiote, which one? Or maybe Marvel should create a new symbiote for him.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Put some up, put some up. If Ben Reilly did merge with a symbiote, which one? Or maybe Marvel should create a new symbiote for him. Carnage. But it was temporary. There was a what if situation that Peter had a symbiote of his own called Poison.... Don't renember what happened in the end though.

Neo Darkhalen
That was the Venom symbiote, that created poison. wink

steverules
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I liked USM's (finnally got it) haven't read ASM

I have both clone saga's and I gotta say USM clone saga is indeed better

Neo Darkhalen
Clone saga thumb down

starlock
At least marvel had a good idea.........

Ben/spidey single and a breath of fresh air(at the time)

Peter/spidey..... married and still the old school feel

If they would have kept that theme, all the fans would have been pleased and after a time, the protestors would calm down, now we have a ridiculus retcon

I would love to see ben come back....i ilked his take on spidey and as scarlet spidey

Neo Darkhalen
There is no real good to come out of this; there is no way to bring him back.

Arachnid1
There is no real good to come out of this; there is no way to bring him back.

Seriously. One thing I've learned from Marvel comics is that the heroes never come back unless they're mainstream. Scarlet spider wont return. At least not for a long time longer.

The villains always do. No matter how long it is or how good a death is, the villain always returns. Just look at Harry. I guarantee you Eddie Brock will be back.

Neo Darkhalen
I hope so, I don't like SS, but still I don't think he can be implemented in the comics again, GG should never have returned, and Ock should have never died.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.