how useful would a jedi be

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
if they accompanied master chief on delta halo, with all abilities.

Darth Sexy
Depends...What Jedi? A top tier Jedi would wtfpwn everything in site. Then again in our reality, the Jedi and the Flood don't live in the same universe so we'd first have to establish if the force even exists..

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Depends...What Jedi? A top tier Jedi would wtfpwn everything in site. Then again in our reality, the Jedi and the Flood don't live in the same universe so we'd first have to establish if the force even exists..

sorry, didnt set up all the parameters. to answer your questions, yes the force does exist and all the jedi going to the ring are of a mace windu callibur and better

Darth Hord
They would extremely helpful but if by some means the flood are simply too many or if the jedi sacrifices himself that could be a problem not sure if the new flood-jedi in combat form would have the use of the force but the flood in combat form already can do great things physically. Not to mention since this is on delta halo you have the covenant presence too.

Blax_Hydralisk
The plasma bolts can't be deflected, they're lightsaber will be useless at long range, and also if they get infected the flood then that means you have a force enabled Flood running around.

The Jedi would be helpful only if he used a gun.

Rogue Jedi
whats so special about HALO's plasma bolts that they cant be deflected?

Blax_Hydralisk
First off, the Brutes don't even use plasma or lasers, they use large metal spikes that shoot out of there gun, sort of like needles but thicker and longer. Your mom can attest to mine. Jedi have problems deflecting stuff like that because when the metal comes into contact with the lightsaber it melts and becomes super hot, and ot doesn't deflect, but the molten "shrapnel" goes past the lightsaber and will burn the Jedi face or body, wherever it touches. It's be better to simply dodge a brute spiker then to try to block the bullets.

Second, plasma bolts from Halo are different from lasers, in that they;re more like a cloud of superheated gas as opposed to a condensed, focused laser, so I don't think a lightsaber would be able to block it. It might just go right through it.

Satauros
1.I don't think the flood wod be able to use the force
2.the jedi cood easily slic through hordes of flood like butter

this is a vey interesting subject an I'd like to continue this with u guys, but I think i master chief had MW calibur jedi with him, things wooda been exremely different

Darth Hord
Windu would help out he can still use the force and might be able to crush or in this case pop the flood maybe even Gravemind. And all the Master Chief would need another Spartan II or III and things would have been easier. I would like to see a lightsaber vs energy sword or grav. hammer.

Satauros
the main use of the Force wood be able to turn the tide of the battles quite easily, there's plenty of power behind the force to instill fear into the covenant I'm sure

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Satauros
the main use of the Force wood be able to turn the tide of the battles quite easily, there's plenty of power behind the force to instill fear into the covenant I'm sure

So if the spartans are called demons they are the jedi devils? evil face I agree with what you said, but something came to me.

What if a jedi had to face a group of marines or spartans. I know the jedi could use the force to knock down the bullets in mid-air. But I think it might be harder for jedi to block bullets with their saber then a laser because it would be harder to see and I would think the assault rifle fires more shots than a standard pistol or clone trooper rifle bu then again the speed of the shots could come into play if there is a difference which I am not aware of.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Satauros
1.I don't think the flood wod be able to use the force

The flood take on the characteristics of whoever they infest. And they learn everything they're hosts know.

No, he couldn't. He could maybe slice through the human, Covanent, and brute forms, but the infection forms would be too small and they move too fast. A Jedi could maybe hit two or three at a time which wouldn't help much when hundreds are swarming at you. And without Shields the Jedi would get overwhelmed and die quickly.

He would have to slice hundreds of tiny floating balls, all of which can kill him in one hit, while dodging plasma bolts, bullets, and tendrils.

No Jedi except for maybe Luke, could withstand the flood unless they wore some shielding.

fascistcrusader
Why even discuss if a Jedi would be useful? Any SW navy would completely decimate any covenant forces in space, and then use orbital bombardments to pacify any forces that were on the ground.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The flood take on the characteristics of whoever they infest. And they learn everything they're hosts know.

if the flood isnt force sensitive then thats like a cat knowing how to open a door (cats have no opposible thumbs to turn knobs), knowlege doesnt = ability to perform

0°Mandalore°0
I agree. A Jedi of the same level as Mace would OBVIOUSLY be useful in many, many ways, at any situation.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Man of Christ
if the flood isnt force sensitive then thats like a cat knowing how to open a door (cats have no opposible thumbs to turn knobs), knowlege doesnt = ability to perform

But once a flood takes over ones body they gain the hosts force sensitivity. The flood themselves won't be force sensitive, but they can control the host, who is force sensitive, to use the force. It's like a puppet master controlling a puppet.

Have you read the HALO novels and beaten all three games?

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Why even discuss if a Jedi would be useful? Any SW navy would completely decimate any covenant forces in space, and then use orbital bombardments to pacify any forces that were on the ground.

Why even discuss that? None of it is real.

We discuss these things because we like discussion, otherwise this whole forum section would be nonexistent.

Man of Christ
But once a flood takes over ones body they gain the hosts force sensitivity. The flood themselves won't be force sensitive, but they can control the host, who is force sensitive, to use the force. It's like a puppet master controlling a puppet.

lol the flood cant even make an elite hold a gun straight and you think they can perform complexities like force use

Blax_Hydralisk
Um.. yes they can erm

Feel free to play the game on more then just easy..

Man of Christ
Um.. yes they can erm

Feel free to play the game on more then just easy..

insults, i just love your level of maturity it equals this banana Happy Dance
any way i beat the games on legendary and guess what, the floods posture and way of holding weapons is still off

Blax_Hydralisk
Feel free to point out my insult.

There posture is off because the flesh is rotting. Not because they can't control the hosts. But there aim is perfect.

Man of Christ
Feel free to point out my insult.

There posture is off because the flesh is rotting. Not because they can't control the hosts. But there aim is perfect.

your insult was when you implied my ineptitude by saying that i only play it on easy.
and i know thier aim is perfect on legendary especially in halo 1 thats how i accessed the alternate ending where seargant johnson is being gay with an elite but, getting to the point sure the flood can make perfect use of the jedi's athleticism but since the flood doesnt feel the force he cant use it, b/c he doesnt meet the qualifications f a force user. unless you can find me an example where the force was used through a force user by a non force using third party

Blax_Hydralisk
your insult was when you implied my ineptitude by saying that i only play it on easy.

I wasn't implying anything. However, it seemed like you were remarking on the Flood's crappy aim, and they only have crappy aim on Easy and normal difficulty. Your word choice was too ambiguous.

Youtube haermm

The Flood can feel the force through it's hot. When a Flood infects someone it can see and feel it's thoughts, memories, and feelings. And even then it doesn't matter. The Flood only needs to think it while the body itself performs the dirty work. it doesn't need to be force sensitive to make it's host do something.

I can't. But that does not discredit my argument any. Can you provide an example of a non-force using third party being unable to do so after infecting a force sensitive?

Man of Christ
I wasn't implying anything. However, it seemed like you were remarking on the Flood's crappy aim, and they only have crappy aim on Easy and normal difficulty. Your word choice was too ambiguous.

Youtube haermm

The Flood can feel the force through it's hot. When a Flood infects someone it can see and feel it's thoughts, memories, and feelings. And even then it doesn't matter. The Flood only needs to think it while the body itself performs the dirty work. it doesn't need to be force sensitive to make it's host do something.

I can't. But that does not discredit my argument any. Can you provide an example of a non-force using third party being unable to do so after infecting a force sensitive?

see there you go assuming things again, i didnt get it from youtube and am insulted that you would think me dishonest. bottom line, flood are not force sensitive and a dead person cant use the force so, no force using flood.

Blax_Hydralisk
You're insulted too easily. Grow some skin.

When you're infected you don't die erm

*sighs*

Man of Christ
You're insulted too easily. Grow some skin.

When you're infected you don't die erm

*sighs*

in some cases you do. rotting flesh. c'mon

Blax_Hydralisk
No, you don't. your flesh still rots but your still conscious and alive. Don't believe me? Read the Halo novel The Flood.

Darth Hord
lol the flood cant even make an elite hold a gun straight and you think they can perform complexities like force use

Yet they still are very deadly. And it could be possible for them to learn how use the force. I recall reading that once they took control of Captain Keyes they tried to penetrate his mind looking for some type of information. The flood aren't mindless zombies especially the brain and gravemind forms.

Satauros
poor jenkins.. :[

may his rotting body along with all of Silva's detachment become one with the collective of the flood..

there's one important thing u guys aren't getting to tho, the force connects spiritually, through the soul, wen u get infected by the flood, they control your movements, but they can't make ur spirit do a damn thing. blax, maybe u shood go back an reread Flood sumtime this week wink

Blax_Hydralisk
Sure they can. Your brain controls everything, if they can force your brain, to connect spiritually, then it will.

Satauros
that's not a very supported answer tho, can u scientifically explain it?
I just think a jedi cood hav enough force will alone to fight off an infection, just like Jacen was able to expel Yorik Coral implants in in Dark Tide 2

Blax_Hydralisk
I can't explain it Scientifically because it's never happened, and it seems impossible, as impossible as the force.

However it's called Science Fiction for a reason. Science can not disprove nor really support an argument in a discussion like this.

I doubt it. The Jedi are good at resisting mental attacks like Telepathy, not a physical assault with a creature taking over your brain..

You can not take just one example and apply it to all. I have confidence that Flood can take over a Jedi because there is nothing that has ever completely resisted a Flood infestation. All species that are taken over eventually succumb.

Satauros
well this just leads me to another point, the flood are a species focused around a "hive-mind", I doubt the gravemind wood delve into EVERY being it infests, so there's a pretty good chance of the one jedi in question to be found out to be force enabled unless he was apart of the gravemind's mass or added to it, I just don't see the flood being able to tap into the force, it's also seems like a taboo to me, lol

Blax_Hydralisk
But the Gravemind is synominous with it's flood in that it sees what it's flood see. It's also near Omnipotent. It would most definitely notice the difference in the force user.

Satauros
alright, I'm ready to get back on topic with this, I'm only gonna agree that the flood MAY hav the ability to use the force, but even so, I believe 117 wood kill it quite easily if the jedi got infected

Blax_Hydralisk
I think so too.

Elite Hunter
What do you guys think of a lightsaber vs energy sword?

Atticus
hmmm the lightsaber has farther reach and easier to twirl,while the energy sword might cut your hand off if you make one false move.in the case of power light saber it can deflect blaster bolts and you never see an energy sword cut though a door.
i' say the lightsaber, energy sword is probably as good as a primitive light saber

Satauros
lightsaber wood win, def.
how bout this? Jedi in MJOLNIR armor?

Blax_Hydralisk
In order to use the suit the Jedi would basically have to be a superhuman.

So the real question is not what about a Jedi in MJOLNIR, but the Chief with force powers, as there is no Jedi that can wear the MJOLNIR effectively.

Sylar
Palpatine uses force storm, end of story smile

Blax_Hydralisk
He himself can barely control it, and there's too much flood, all at close range, to kill them all with one attack.

There's a difference between killing 8 stormtroopers who are all shooting you from a distance, then trying to kill hundreds of creatures that are all up in your face.

Satauros
I wooda figured u cooda thought about the Spartan 3 armor in ghosts of onyx, a jedi wood be able to hav pretty good protection along with it being light he cood still move relatively easy,

another thought crossed my mind too, wat if the gravemind knew wat palpatine was an absorbed him & gained ALL of his force powers

Elite Hunter
They armor could probably help if they survive the augmentation process which I think the upper tier jedi/sith can do not sure about the some of the average jedi/sith or below.

Atticus
what about light saber vs bullets?

and i think a jedi could handle the flood.I mean if a jedi can deflect blaster bolts witch are faster than the flood, then he probably has the reflexes to kill the flood. I mean think about how usefull a lightsaber would be in genrel he could just sit in a small corridor and randomly swing for hours and kill hundreds if not more charging flood . plus they have speed and could probably jump higher than the flood. i think a jedi could do this with ease

Blax_Hydralisk
No. he can't.

Siting in a corner would not help as the Flood also fire weapons, weapons that the Jedi can not deflect, plus he can not kill them all before one flood spore, which is roughly the size of a softball, touches him, and then it;s over.

No Jedi can survive Halo without someway to make it so that they can take more then one shot before dying.

Man of Christ
reflex wise i think the jedi have this one. they deflect lasers which move at the speed of light and bullets only move at the speed of sound. so precognition could help them anticipate a floods approach, and make neccesary moves

Blax_Hydralisk
Blaster bolts do not move at the speed of light. If they did you wouldn't be able to see them.

Elite Hunter
and as i said on a previous page there will be more bullets(assault rifle)fired in a given time frame then a standard rifle we see the clone troops or the droids of the trade federation use,plus it could be harder for them to a bullet rather than a laser.

Man of Christ
Blaster bolts do not move at the speed of light. If they did you wouldn't be able to see them.

a L.A.S.E.R is light amplified by stimulated emission of radiatiion. hence it is light and carries with it the properties of light.
youre able to see them for theatrical effect just like when in star wars explosions occur in space, that couldnt really happen because space is a vacuum, theres no oxygen for fire to exist.

Blax_Hydralisk
a L.A.S.E.R is light amplified by stimulated emission of radiatiion. hence it is light and carries with it the properties of light.

A blaster bolt is not a laser. There is a difference, even in the Star Wars universe. And I wasnt't referring to just us, even people in the Star Wars universe can see them travel.

Prove this. Star Wars physics do not always follow our physics. For example, a Human body and brain can not possibly react fast enough to parry something if it is moving at the speed light. EVen if the force were to send us a magical "message" our brains would not even register it in time. We would have to have warning well before the actual shot was fired.

Satauros
y coodn't a Jedi jus create a force bubble around him to deflect any kind of projectile fired at him? that wood work and I've seen it done, so the Jedi in question cood technically fight off hordes of flood, he cood just do that so him & the chief cood stay safely in the bubble away from bullets an such, then he cood use force push along with sumthing else to pop all those little flood, problem solved, the jedi woodn't even need armor for that! big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Where have you ever seen a "force bubble" that protects you from anything?

Please don't say one of the games.

Man of Christ
A blaster bolt is not a laser. There is a difference, even in the Star Wars universe. And I wasnt't referring to just us, even people in the Star Wars universe can see them travel.

Prove this. Star Wars physics do not always follow our physics. For example, a Human body and brain can not possibly react fast enough to parry something if it is moving at the speed light. EVen if the force were to send us a magical "message" our brains would not even register it in time. We would have to have warning well before the actual shot was fired.

yes, the jedi abilities do allow for such precognition as to defy physics, allow me to give you 2 proofs

1) speed racers, anakin was the only human speed racer because of his 'jedi like" reflexes

2) proving that the physics is the same. c'mon dude if there were enough oxygen for combustion in space then why wear space suits. tell me that.!!!!!

Satauros
yes, the jedi abilities do allow for such precognition as to defy physics, allow me to give you 2 proofs

1) speed racers, anakin was the only human speed racer because of his 'jedi like" reflexes

2) proving that the physics is the same. c'mon dude if there were enough oxygen for combustion in space then why wear space suits. tell me that.!!!!!

not to mention the fact that LucasFilm has never stated there to be oxygen in space, there for it is not canon.

I see the explosions as being created by the remaining oxygen in the exploding ships, same as how the deathstar doesn't create that much of an explosion

Atticus
i really don't think there is anyway of knowing for sure becase star wars is a way
diffrent universe....

Blax_Hydralisk

2) proving that the physics is the same. C'mon dude if there were enough oxygen for combustion in space then why wear space suits. tell me that.!!!!!

Then you are proving my point. The Star Wars physics do not follow our own. So there is no proof that a blaster bolt (Which, again, isn't a laser.) moves at he speed of light, because we can see them move.

Man of Christ
Then you are proving my point. The Star Wars physics do not follow our own. So there is no proof that a blaster bolt (Which, again, isn't a laser.) moves at he speed of light, because we can see them move.

( the force just gives jedi an ability to disobey and disregard the laws of physics). so allow me to demonstrate how a blaster bolt is a laser. a lightsaber's principal property is that nothing can cut through it's blade or cross with it, (except of course cortosis which is irrelevant but) the fact that a blaster bolt doesnt go through a lightsaber or the saber doesnt go through it, is proof that they are made of the same thing since in the star wars universe the only thing other than a laser that can do that is cortosis. so if a blaster bolt is not a cortosis pellet guess what, its a laser. and again you can only see it move for theatrical purposes otherwise it would look lame and people wouldnt speak to george lucas .lol

Gideon
I consider myself an avid fan of the Halo series (the novels included), and even I have to admit that I'm rather skeptical at the claims you've made, Blax.

The Master Chief's uberness aside, he's ultimately just a genetically enhanced soldier. He utilizes excellent field tactics and superhuman strength to defeat his foes; upper level Jedi or Sith would crush him like a tin can in one gesture. They can move with speed and reaction time that dwarfs anything a Spartan, Elite, Brute, or Flood can perform -- becoming invisible to the eye.

While the Flood en masse could prove to be a veritable threat (especially if they could truthfully absorb Force powers), any individual Flood or Halo being would be effortlessly vaporized, and for the truly godly individuals such as Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine or someone among their number, it would take incalculable numbers of the parasite to overcome them.

Their skills with the lightsaber aside, Luke Skywalker and Palpatine are capable of utilizing Force lightning that can instantly kill a powerful Yuuzhan Vong or -- in Palpatine's case -- fry fifty stormtroopers and disintigrate three powerful Sith acolytes.

The Flood simply don't compare.

Elite Hunter
I know this is off topic a little but does anyone know if there is a site that has videos of space battles between the UNSC vs Covenant or any other sci-fi fleets I have seen one and it was pretty good but i can't recall where. I would love to see a fleet of SDs try and attack High Charity

EDIT: I found one
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=halo+space+battles&search=Search

Satauros
Finally! sum ppl that kn how to debate an kno wat they're talking about *phew*

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I know this is off topic a little but does anyone know if there is a site that has videos of space battles between the UNSC vs Covenant or any other sci-fi fleets I have seen one and it was pretty good but i can't recall where. I would love to see a fleet of SDs try and attack High Charity

EDIT: I found one
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=halo+space+battles&search=Search

A similar debate has been waged on numerous occasions, both here and on EoD, regarding the Empire versus the Covenant. The unanimous conclusion has been that the Empire would curbstomp the Covenant; Glentract made an extensive and decisive argument in favor of the Imperials that no one could withstand.

Especially when one considers that it took an entire fleet to glass Reach, whereas a single Imperial-class can do that. A better fight would be Revan's Sith Empire vs. the Covenant.

Elite Hunter
I had the same feeling the covenant also does not seem to have many brilliant strategic minds as well especially the ships they have that are under the control of the Brutes.

edit: if anyone finds some links to space battle videos please post a link

Satauros
I've always wondered who wood win, but my favor wood be for the Empire no matter wat, cuz no matter wat the covenant cood do to them, THE EMPIRE WILL ALWAYS STRIKE BACK!

Executor vs. High Charity
anyone?

Elite Hunter
lol now i think a ground battle would be a lot closer and I would probably give it more often than not to the covenant if it is strictly ground troops and no atats or scarabs 9that would be pretty cool to)

Satauros
I think it's time for George Lucas an Peter Jackson to hav a sitdown :P

Elite Hunter
That would be nice,hopefully than the halo movie would start moving again.

fascistcrusader
One ISD could probably take out the covenant fleet that destroyed reach. They simply have far better weapons, defense, drives, etc.

And what exactly is EoD? I've seen it mentioned before, but I don't know the full name or web address of it.

Elite Hunter
One ISD could probably take out the covenant fleet that destroyed reach. They simply have far better weapons, defense, drives, etc.

And what exactly is EoD? I've seen it mentioned before, but I don't know the full name or web address of it.

It is another forum site where you can debate star wars and I think Janus created it. And i seriously doubt one star destroyer could take out the fleet that attacked reach, there was at least 314 ships according to cortana.

And about one ISD glassing a planet is done all at once or over a period of time in rotating to different parts of the planet.

fascistcrusader
The Star Destoryer is a vastly superior ship though. For the larger covenant ships a few turbolaser bolts would take them out, and the smaller ones are nothing fighters can't deal with. Thrown in TIE bombers to supplement the Turbolsaer fire and the covenents odds don't look so hot.

And I still would like the full name and URL of EoD.

Elite Hunter
Still one ship vs 314 (or more) plus whatever banshees,seraphs,phantoms,spirits (can be used as fighters or transports) plus if a boarding could get aboard the ship they could plant one them bombs, as well as their own plasma torpedoes,pulse lasers and the other armaments of a the fleet, I doubt a single star destroyer could deal with that,there are just too may of them. That 314 ship wise plus they would definitely have space fighters.

Now vs a battle group of an assault carrier,destroyer and frigate then an ISD will win.

fascistcrusader
The fighter compliment of an ISD would be more than enough to deal with any support ship in the covenant armada, TIEs against banshees would be a turkey shoot for the Empire. The covenant couldn't damage the ISD due to its shielding, and covenant shields couldn't stop the ISDs weaponry.

And can I please have the URL for this mysterious EoD?

Elite Hunter
The fighter compliment of an ISD would be more than enough to deal with any support ship in the covenant armada, TIEs against banshees would be a turkey shoot for the Empire. The covenant couldn't damage the ISD due to its shielding, and covenant shields couldn't stop the ISDs weaponry.

And can I please have the URL for this mysterious EoD?

I don't know the link to EOD sorry,

Now I think after reviewing what the numbers of remaining ships after the battle of reach it depends of what ships are in the armada. I know it had a supercrusier which i believe is larger then an isd which is insignificant. But a typical carrier I think has about 100 seraphs,200 banshees, and about 30 phantoms and depending on how many carriers are in the fleet, it is very possible for the sheer numbers of the enemy will over whelm them much like a battle between the cov. and unsc. The unsc would have 3 to 1 numbers advantage but still take a lot of loses so I think out would be similar.

fascistcrusader
The covenant definitly would have the numbers advantage in a fight between an ISD and the fleet that glassed Reach, but I don't see how numbers matter when you can't hurt your enemy and your enemy can decimate you with ease.

I bet we can both agree that the Executor would curbstomp the flet at Reach though.

Elite Hunter
Probably yeah but my question is could an isd withstand being rammed from ships equal in size to it or bigger and if they continue to batter than with their. And if there big ships could hit them with a concentrated "energy projectors" which are used for glassing and taking out usncships and orbital platforms with one hit then it is very plausible for the shields to go down and then assault the ship

fascistcrusader
The ISDs ships would hold against being rammed by Coveant ships, in ESB 3 of them scraped against each other with no damage. And the energy projectors have very little chance of breaking the ISDs shields, since they were desinged to stop much more powerful weapons than the Covenant has.

Elite Hunter
That's why I said concentrated shots from the covenant capital ships one shot would do sh!t but from a good number of ships then the shields could down but it does lower there energy for a small time which they could use their escort ships and fighters for protection.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_projector

fascistcrusader
It might overwhelm the ISDs shields, but even if it were likely to happen, they probably couldn't pull it off. Turbolaser bolts would decimate covenant ships, and an ISD has 73 turbolaser emplacments on board, many of which are multiple gun emplacements like dual and quad turbolasers. Assuming three well placed turbolaser blasts would put a Covenant ship out of action, Each battery would only have to fire around 12 times and the COvenant flett is gone. Coupled with all the Ion cannons on the ship that could disable Covenant vessels without having to damage it, the odds are definitely in the ISDs favor.

Elite Hunter
Hence they fire at a distance and use their escort ships the same way the unsc used their repair ships to shields and take the first rounds of the attack.

Gideon
It does seem rather farfetched that a single Imperial-class Star Destroyer could wipe out an entire sizeable Covenant armada, though it would certainly dominate and obliterate numerous warships. However, one must take into account that the Empire (at its height) fielded over 25,000 Imperial-classes on its own, not taking into account the several dozen Super Star Destroyers, Imperial II-classes, Victory-classes, or whatnot.

Space battles? The Covenant is obliterated.

Ground battles would be vicious, but the Empire would still probably win due to sheer numbers.

Elite Hunter
The grounds battles will be really tough while the tech will likely go in favor of the empire I would say that the Elites,hunters,brutes are better fighters than storm troopers but they have an entire galaxy to get troops while the covenant has species at their disposal like the drones,grunts and jackals for lackeys. Now if we add in tech I think the storm troopers have better vehicles and the only ones the only ones they would have to worry about are the sacrabs. So the ground battles will go either way depending on the strategies used and the numbers per each side.

Gideon
If you're talking about strict infantry versus infantry, then the fights would be much harder to determine. Several species of Covenant infantry grossly outmatch stormtroopers in terms of physiological strength and stamina; Brutes, Elites, and Hunters would decimate squads of stormtroopers on pure strength alone. But both the Covenant and the Empire rely on more than just infantry to wage ground battles; they also utilize weaponry. All Imperial technology -- including the blasters and weapons utilized by the stormtroopers -- outstrip Covenant technology. AT-ATs, AT-STs, and various other Imperial ground support vehicles would decimate the Covenant ranks and even obliterate their heavy units such as the Scarabs.

Let's not forget that Covenant idealogy would work against them as well. Their reliance on Forerunner technology prevents them from modifying it or utilizing enemy technology. The Empire would retrieve Covenant technology and exploit its weaknesses or work to upgrade them.

Though this doesn't take into account Darth Vader and his cabal of Dark Jedi.

Elite Hunter
Yea straight up infantry wise I'd give an edge to the covies but when tech comes in like you said than I don't see the covenant surviving a whole lot and then with the dark jedi's in play I don't see them winning plus another part of the covenant strategy will come to hurt them and that is they do sacrifice a lot of their lower castes in battles and what happens when they are all gone,plus once the leader of a group is killed the lower castes become cowards and retreat.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Gideon
If you're talking about strict infantry versus infantry, then the fights would be much harder to determine. Several species of Covenant infantry grossly outmatch stormtroopers in terms of physiological strength and stamina; Brutes, Elites, and Hunters would decimate squads of stormtroopers on pure strength alone. But both the Covenant and the Empire rely on more than just infantry to wage ground battles; they also utilize weaponry. All Imperial technology -- including the blasters and weapons utilized by the stormtroopers -- outstrip Covenant technology. AT-ATs, AT-STs, and various other Imperial ground support vehicles would decimate the Covenant ranks and even obliterate their heavy units such as the Scarabs.

Let's not forget that Covenant idealogy would work against them as well. Their reliance on Forerunner technology prevents them from modifying it or utilizing enemy technology. The Empire would retrieve Covenant technology and exploit its weaknesses or work to upgrade them.

Though this doesn't take into account Darth Vader and his cabal of Dark Jedi.

LMAO Good one. i just picture an AT-AT stomping on a scarab with scared elites like wtf and leaping out for thier lives which get ended quickly when clone troopes on swoop bikes gun them down. cuz goodness knows a swoop bike is faster than a ghost. and hunters getting stepped on by clone walkers till the orange worms show lol.

Man of Christ
LMAO Good one. i just picture an AT-AT stomping on a scarab with scared elites like wtf and leaping out for thier lives which get ended quickly when clone troopes on swoop bikes gun them down. cuz goodness knows a swoop bike is faster than a ghost. and hunters getting kicked around by clone walkers till the orange worms show lol.

Gideon
LMAO Good one. i just picture an AT-AT stomping on a scarab with scared elites like wtf and leaping out for thier lives which get ended quickly when clone troopes on swoop bikes gun them down. cuz goodness knows a swoop bike is faster than a ghost. and hunters getting stepped on by clone walkers till the orange worms show lol.

We're all looking forward to your incredible counter-argument.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Gideon
We're all looking forward to your incredible counter-argument.

counter to what?

Tangible God
The lack of effective shielding would be the Covenant's downfall. Imperial weapons would rip through their armor faster than plasma would get through say, an AT-AT's. The Empire's ground forces use more than just what we see in the movies, there are modified walkers of several variations just to begin with. Throw in the sheer numbers than the Empire would willingly sacrifice, and they've got victory no matter what.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.