thanos vs green lanterns(hal,kyle,alan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
thanos gets all his own tech.
they fight on titan.

who wins.

llagrok
Alan solos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Alan solos. laughing laughing Incorrect.

llagrok
Naw

Alan can beat anyone.

LORD B
Naw

Alan can beat anyone.
what about black adam?

quanchi112
Naw

Alan can beat anyone. Yeah I mean he sure beat Black Adam in ww3 huh. What kind of an impact did he have on Prime in his comic in Sinestro Corps.

llagrok
Alan Scott never got to face Black Adam mano y mano.

Besides, he is obviously being written down in instances like that. Do you honestly believe the best he can do is to try and choke Black Adam? Inconsistency.

Bouboumaster
They are like flys against The Mad Titan!

quanchi112
Alan Scott never got to face Black Adam mano y mano.

Besides, he is obviously being written down in instances like that. Do you honestly believe the best he can do is to try and choke Black Adam? Inconsistency. He was a nonfactor and the same against Prime. Thanos would crush him.

llagrok
Originally posted by quanchi112
He was a nonfactor and the same against Prime. Thanos would crush him.

Answer the question, don't dodge it.

Do you think that Alan, when using the full extent of his abilities, would try to strangle Black Adam?

TricksterPriest
If Alan is Sentinel, they'll take this, barring something set up by Thanos as a trap.

Putting the fight on Titan is an obvious attempt to spite the match in favor of Thanos. thumb down

quanchi112
Answer the question, don't dodge it.

Do you think that Alan, when using the full extent of his abilities, would try to strangle Black Adam? Well no but he still didnt have what it takes to beat him. One on one in WW 3 he would have gotten murdered.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
If Alan is Sentinel, they'll take this, barring something set up by Thanos as a trap.

Putting the fight on Titan is an obvious attempt to spite the match in favor of Thanos. thumb down Thanos wins. smile

TricksterPriest
Ok Quan. Then tell me who Sentinel is, and why I specifically pointed him out. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Alan as sentinal can beat thanos on his own I do believe. The three can beat Thanos. If they fight like retards like the surfer, they all get blasted in one shot.

Inhuman
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
If they fight like retards like the surfer, they all get blasted in one shot.

No Energy blast from surfer has hurt thanos. Going hand to hand with thanos got surfer killed. Why is that fighting like a retard?
He loses because he is way below thanos. Why is that so hard to understand? There isnt much surfer can do to thanos.
Im not too fond of mxy, But I wouldnt say a green lantern beats him just cause I dislike him. Thats moronic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Inhuman
No Energy blast from surfer has hurt thanos. Going hand to hand with thanos got surfer killed. Why is that fighting like a retard?
He loses because he is way below thanos. Why is that so hard to understand? There isnt much surfer can do to thanos.
Im not too fond of mxy, But I wouldnt say a green lantern beats him just cause I dislike him. Thats moronic.
What the hell? Who said I dislike Thanos? He's one of the best characters ever. But I know bullshit when I see it. And I love surfer. He was one of my first books I bought on my own. If Surfer can amp, how come he never does it while fighting thanos? if He can blow up planets, how come he doesn't just do that to thanos?

And it is ReTARDED that surfer can't hurt thanos, but a black hole can, and gamora has made Thanos bleed, and wolverine has cut thanos. Utter rediculousness.

Inhuman

Maybe because Thanos can amp too. To above Surfer levels. And surfer knows it.
Like I said, their isnt much surfer can do to thanos. Surfer is very powerfull and has a vast array of powers. Its just that Thanos can match his powers to a much higher degree.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Maybe because Thanos can amp too. To above Surfer levels. And surfer knows it.
Like I said, their isnt much surfer can do to thanos. Surfer is very powerfull and has a vast array of powers. Its just that Thanos can match his powers to a much higher degree.
Thanos sure as hell didn't amped to well fighting Odin did he? Hell, he couldn't even amp to fight the runner. He knew better. The best I've seen Thanos do without PIS or Prep is beat Like the hulk with a smack. The Professor hulk at that. Not even the hard to beat hulks.

Kutulu
Thanos for the win.

llagrok
While Thanos can beat pretty much any Green Lantern, Alan Scott as Sentinel alone would take at least 6/10, with Kyle and Hal he would probably take the full majority.

Despite Quanchi's claims, Thanos will not one-shot high end herald characters, especially not green lanterns. We all know that he has beaten the Silver Surfer, but that's hardly a surfer using the full extent of his abilities and powers.

- Sentinel alan + team = 10/10
- GL Alan, Hal and Kyle = 6-7/10

Estacado
Sentinel ftw.

rico777
GL's Win.. but as mentioned before if its Sentinel then its pretty much a shutout

iceman24567
3 of the most powerful Gls vs Thanos The Green Lanterns take this 10/10.

Bouboumaster
Thanos soloes the GL 10/10 if there is no Parralax, Ion or Sentinel.

quanchi112
Thanos sure as hell didn't amped to well fighting Odin did he? Hell, he couldn't even amp to fight the runner. He knew better. The best I've seen Thanos do without PIS or Prep is beat Like the hulk with a smack. The Professor hulk at that. Not even the hard to beat hulks. Thanos fought Odin while the Surfer was oneshotted. Just becuz Thanos is more than Darkseid dont hate on him. smile

Laguna L
The GLs take this, it's also the majority vote.

Thanos loses. Sorry Quanchi.

janus77
Thanos FTW.

Thanos would prolly own 3 Surfers, and it wouldn't take 3 Surfers to beat this lot handily.

basilisk
Can anyone fill in some info about Alan Scott and his powers?

I know that at some point he absorbed the Starheart and was said to be very powerful, but now he has the ring again - what happened and did he lose most of his powers? What exactly is his ring?

I think in some JSA issue I read a while back he was described along the lines of the most powerful being in the galaxy or universe - was this just hyperbole? All he seemed to do in the issues I read was shoot green flames, which didn't do a lot, and create some green flame animals, which did not much more. What exactly could he do that was so powerful?

In another comic I read, a telepathic alien said that although his body was young again his mind was still old and weak, and so the alien was able to mind control him. In other issues he was described as having, like the other great lanterns, incredible will power. What's the deal?

Does he still have the wood weakness. Did he have it as Sentinel? Does he have a physical body again or is he composed of Starheart energy? Is he mortal? Immortal?

Sorry about all the questions! I kind of liked the character but I don't have much knowledge of his background.

But I'm thinking that if wood and mind-control are still a problem he would probably get owned by Thanos. But if Sentinel lived up to his hype Thanos could very well be the one taking the beating.

iceman24567
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos FTW.

Thanos would prolly own 3 Surfers, and it wouldn't take 3 Surfers to beat this lot handily. Im sure it would. laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Laguna L
The GLs take this, it's also the majority vote.

Thanos loses. Sorry Quanchi. Nah Thanos wins. He took on Odins blows which all surpass these three best shots.

iceman24567
Nah Thanos wins. He took on Odins blows which all surpass these three best shots. These gl's can bust planets with their rings i doubt Thanos can take on all 3 at once just not happening without some kind of tech and prep.Thanos loses.

LORD B
Originally posted by iceman24567
These gl's can bust planets with their rings i doubt Thanos can take on all 3 at once just not happening without some kind of tech and prep.Thanos loses.

thanos gets all his own tech in this match,that said thanos can take this imo.

llagrok
Nah Thanos wins. He took on Odins blows which all surpass these three best shots.

Not really...

Odin holds back, just like any reasonable Skyfather does.

iceman24567
Originally posted by LORD B
thanos gets all his own tech in this match,that said thanos can take this imo. To bad he will need some prep too because they will be coming at him at all angles his shields will falter and then he will be facing constructs of the top Justice League members and much more no way he can face all that without prep. confused

LORD B
To bad he will need some prep too because they will be coming at him at all angles his shields will falter and then he will be facing constructs of the top Justice League members and much more no way he can face all that without prep. confused

he could bfr them via teleportation,while his Shields are holding and he can call on the dreadnaught 666 to aid him?

Bouboumaster
Not really...

Odin holds back, just like any reasonable Skyfather does.

Prove that Odin hold back.

quanchi112
Not really...

Odin holds back, just like any reasonable Skyfather does. This theory doesnt hold up. Odin oneshotted the Surfer so was he holding back with him?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Prove that Odin hold back. They cant. smile

Bouboumaster
They cant. smile

I know :P

batdude123
Originally posted by skyfather
thanos gets all his own tech.
they fight on titan.

who wins.

Take away Thanos' tech, and the team takes it.

quanchi112
I know :P wink

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by batdude123
Take away Thanos' tech, and the team takes it.

Thanos just outpower them.

quanchi112
Thanos just outpower them. I agree hes just to much.

Inhuman
Wasnt kyle defeated by hitman?

Laguna L
I agree hes just to much.

Your resoning lacks logic.

Estacado
Wasnt kyle defeated by hitman?
Didn't Kyle contain a Big Bang?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Estacado
Didn't Kyle contain a Big Bang?

Cool. So those 2 events cancel each other out.
Lets not speak of them again smile

llagrok
This theory doesnt hold up. Odin oneshotted the Surfer so was he holding back with him?

Odin shot him down, but he didn't kill him.

Odin asked if Thanos gave up, so obviously he wasn't trying to kill him.

Tony Stark
THANOS would dismantle these 3 and it wouldn't even be that close to be honest. The bottom line is they can't truly hurt THANOS, while the GL's can't take the power which is THANOS. And yes 3 Surfers would pwn those GL's also, but still would not beat THANOS.

Can you see those 3 GL's being able to effect Galactus in the way that THANOS did or remotely close...?

The answer is no

Galactus would giggle at them and tell them to stop that it tickles, now go to your room's.

happy

iceman24567
Originally posted by Tony Stark
THANOS would dismantle these 3 and it wouldn't even be that close to be honest. The bottom line is they can't truly hurt THANOS, while the GL's can't take the power which is THANOS. And yes 3 Surfers would pwn those GL's also, but still would not beat THANOS.

Can you see those 3 GL's being able to effect Galactus in the way that THANOS did or remotely close...?

The answer is no

Galactus would giggle at them and tell them to stop that it tickles, now go to your room's.

happy I would love to see Thanos try that on them their shields would laugh laughing . Thanos is not beating 3 Gl's flying at supersonic speed at the very least. Thanos goes down after he tries to blast them and fails.

Inhuman
Thanos has busted though Quasars force fields no problem
Can they bust out of his? If he encases them like he did Odin?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Laguna L
Your resoning lacks logic. Huh, I mean come on here. With these three and their combined might it isnt enough to put him down. Thanos takes their initial assault and takes them down one by one. Think about it the guy is above top tier. He doesnt even see the Silver or Thor as a challenge. Now while these three would tax him he has the durability to be the last one standing. smile

quanchi112
I would love to see Thanos try that on them their shields would laugh laughing . Thanos is not beating 3 Gl's flying at supersonic speed at the very least. Thanos goes down after he tries to blast them and fails. Oh please. Thanos has shields of his own. He knows what he is doing and has toyed with Champion with his shields up while wielding the powergem. He takes this.

batdude123
Thanos just outpower them.

Not together.

Soljer
Originally posted by Tony Stark
And yes 3 Surfers would pwn those GL's also

Incorrect.

The three Silver Surfers would, in all likelihood, beat the three Lanterns, but definitely not for an incredibly decisive majority.

Tony Stark
I would love to see Thanos try that on them their shields would laugh laughing . Thanos is not beating 3 Gl's flying at supersonic speed at the very least. Thanos goes down after he tries to blast them and fails.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ooooooooooooooooooooo... Fliers WOW that's novel.. THANOS has never fought anyone who can fly before...

Galactus shield >>>>> Any GL's shield FTR

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.