dormammu and mephisto vs asgard and olympus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
odin and zues are in their prime

King Kandy
Dormammu and Mephisto win. Mephisto is Skyfather and Dormammu is far beyond skyfather.

Alfheim
Dorammu and Meph lose Asagard and Oympus have two skyfathers and other people not that far off eg Pluto and Loki.

Burning thought
Mephisto solos, hes the devil himself is he not?

rip the souls right outta them, their only the old gods, their nothing to the Devil himself

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Burning thought

rip the souls right outta them, their only the old gods, their nothing to the Devil himself

Mephisto isn't even able to take Surfer's soul.

But Dormammu soloes.

King Kandy

I can tell that you have no idea who any of the characters involved are.

leonidas
meph and dormmy get their arses handed to them. meph has been shown to have been afraid of odin, odin is regarded in at least one book as an approximate equal to dormmy. throw in zeus and all of asgard and olympus and the duo is beat very very badly.

King Kandy
Asgard and Olympus>Eternity?

Priest
Originally posted by leonidas
meph and dormmy get their arses handed to them. meph has been shown to have been afraid of odin, odin is regarded in at least one book as an approximate equal to dormmy. throw in zeus and all of asgard and olympus and the duo is beat very very badly.
I think the book ur talking about showed that Dormammu and Odin are equals mentally form the chess battle they had...But i could be wrong, that issue was a little confusing. erm
The book was Thor Annual #9, i belive leo.

quanchi112
These two lose.

leonidas
Originally posted by King Kandy
Asgard and Olympus>Eternity?

in that ludicrous series (meant more as a joke than anything else) dormmy was powered up due to a shift in the cosmic balance or some nonsense. that was NOT 'typical' dormammu. i presume this is.

and you're right priest -- about the issue and the circumstances, but i'd always read that book as they were sorta opposite sides of a coin so i've always considered them relative equals (though some of strange's showings against dormmy make me wonder how powerful he is sometimes.) dormmy HAS had some high showings as well, but in general, i think he and odin would be reasonably close in power though i'd personally give the nod to odin.

SpiderGauntlet
Asgardians aren't uber.

But Mephy and Dormmy as only 2 people.

Burning thought
I can tell that you have no idea who any of the characters involved are.

hehe i do, but i can definatley tell you, you cant see the joke

i know the Devil is downplayed terrible in Marvel writing wink

Alfheim

No hes not, he just clamis to be, even if he was that doesnt guarantee a win.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Alfheim
No hes not, he just clamis to be, even if he was that doesnt guarantee a win.

he isnt and just claims to be? now i understand, hm thought he was the Devil phew

King Kandy
in that ludicrous series (meant more as a joke than anything else) dormmy was powered up due to a shift in the cosmic balance or some nonsense. that was NOT 'typical' dormammu. i presume this is.
I'll never reference that fight. Whenever I compare Dormammu to Eternity i'll always be refering to their first fight, unless otherwise stated.

Priest

and you're right priest -- about the issue and the circumstances, but i'd always read that book as they were sorta opposite sides of a coin so i've always considered them relative equals (though some of strange's showings against dormmy make me wonder how powerful he is sometimes.) dormmy HAS had some high showings as well, but in general, i think he and odin would be reasonably close in power though i'd personally give the nod to odin.
I never knew Dormammu was powered up..I've been hearing around the forum that Dormmy is greater than Eternity, it did sound pretty ridiculous to say the least.
Other than that Eternity showing that Dorrmy had i don't think he is that much different than Odin in power sets imo..
I totally agree with ur anology about Dormmy and Odin, them being opposite sides of a coin going by the Thor issue.

Anyways
Odin>Mephisto
Dormammu is close to Odin level, throw in Zues and Team 2 has a shot at this.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Priest
I never knew Dormammu was powered up..I've been hearing around the forum that Dormmy is greater than Eternity, it did sound pretty ridiculous to say the least.
Other than that Eternity showing that Dorrmy had i don't think he is that much different than Odin in power sets imo..
I totally agree with ur anology about Dormmy and Odin, them being opposite sides of a coin going by the Thor issue.

Anyways
Odin>Mephisto
Dormammu is close to Odin level, throw in Zues and Team 2 has a shot at this.

Not to mention the have Pluto and Loki as well not skyfather level but still very powerful.

leonidas
I'll never reference that fight. Whenever I compare Dormammu to Eternity i'll always be refering to their first fight, unless otherwise stated.

well, good . . .

but in their first 'fight' dormammu 'challenged' eternity. you do know he got utterly destroyed and scattered across the cosmos, though, right? daredevil has challenged the silver surfer too. i don't see how that first fight means anything.

clearly, too, the location of the battle would matter in a comic.

leonidas

forum-speak is great at times, ain't it? laughing out loud

Priest
forum-speak is great at times, ain't it? laughing out loud
Agreed LoL.
If Strange can give Dormammu a fight I'm sure freaking Odin can imo.

lando005
for what i understand dormammu should be well beyond odin in power, i dont know about abilities though, as it stands i may throw in the evil duo's relms to give them minions to use

Sundipped
Agreed LoL.
If Strange can give Dormammu a fight I'm sure freaking Odin can imo.

On the flip side of that, if Thanos can give Odin a good fight then Dormammu can too.

Priest
Originally posted by Sundipped
On the flip side of that, if Thanos can give Odin a good fight then Dormammu can too.
Thanos did get a good ass beating even when Odin was not going all out yes
Anywayz, Thanos>Strange so i don't see ur point erm

Thorion
Zeus was stalemated by Thor. This is all down to Odin, and I think he can pull it off. Odin's smart enough to isolate one (probably Dormy) and take him on while Zeus and Thor pound on Mephisto who really isn't all that formidable outside of his realm.

Priest
Originally posted by Thorion
Zeus was stalemated by Thor. This is all down to Odin, and I think he can pull it off. Odin's smart enough to isolate one (probably Dormy) and take him on while Zeus and Thor pound on Mephisto who really isn't all that formidable outside of his realm.
Ur talking about the 3 month stalemate when Zeus was not going all out, right...

Thorion
Ur talking about the 3 month stalemate when Zeus was not going all out, right...

Yes, dear. wink

Edit: Was it stated on panel that Zeus wasn't going all out? Wasn't Thor also cursed at the time though? Something about Hela and brittle bones..

Sundipped
Thanos did get a good ass beating even when Odin was not going all out yes
Anywayz, Thanos>Strange so i don't see ur point erm

"Your death is assured" - Odin to Thanos. How is this not going all out? If ur getting ur ass beat that bad in a fight, u would decline to continue when asked do u want to continue.

Being the arch enemy of Strange Dormammau jobs. Every 1 knows Dormammau's mystical power level is high skyfather at least. Beyond Thanos and classic Strange.

Thorion
Thanos couldn't even get a hit in. It was pretty obvious that he was going to kill Thanos until Warlock called him off.

Sundipped
Thanos couldn't even get a hit in. It was pretty obvious that he was going to kill Thanos until Warlock called him off.

Obvious only in your eyes. Thanos was still standing tho. Why would Thanos even attempt to continue if the match was so lopsided?

Not saying that Thanos would've won but Odin wasn't toying with Thanos and he was commending Thanos on his durability multiple times.

Priest
"Your death is assured" - Odin to Thanos. How is this not going all out? If ur getting ur ass beat that bad in a fight, u would decline to continue when asked do u want to continue.
His death would be assured if he kept continuing the fight.
Makes sense because Odin gave Thanos a opportunity to give up ("Do you yield villain"wink
It's Thanos's will and personality that kept him in the fight, not is power.
And yes again Thanos was getting his ass handed to him in the fight, he couldn't even land one blow that phased Odin.

Being the arch enemy of Strange Dormammau jobs. Every 1 knows Dormammau's mystical power level is high skyfather at least. Beyond Thanos and classic Strange.
Being the arch enemy of Thor, Odin Jobs. Everyone knows Odin's mystical power level is high skyfather at the least. Beyond Thanos..

(see wat I just did there)

Priest
Obvious only in your eyes. Thanos was still standing tho. Why would Thanos even attempt to continue if the match was so lopsided?

If you know Thanos's personality, he has a much pride in him self, and willed him self to stay in the fight.

Thorion

Not saying that Thanos would've won but Odin wasn't toying with Thanos and he was commending Thanos on his durability multiple times.

Since when has anyone ever said that Thanos' durability was anything less then formidable? Odin was cranking it up slowly. Thanos proved utterly ineffective against Odin in that fight. All he could do was stand there are take the blows. He probably knew that he was outmatched so he didn't even go on the offensive. Warlock saved his giant blue ass.

Sundipped
His death would be assured if he kept continuing the fight.
Makes sense because Odin gave Thanos a opportunity to give up ("Do you yield villain"wink
It's Thanos's will and personality that kept him in the fight, not is power.
And yes again Thanos was getting his ass handed to him in the fight, he couldn't even land one blow that phased Odin.

Odin said that his death is assured at the beginning of the fight. Who wouldn't Odin tell that to if they popped up in Asgard as opposition? Especially Thanos.

Being the arch enemy of Thor, Odin Jobs. Everyone knows Odin's mystical power level is high skyfather at the least. Beyond Thanos..

(see wat I just did there)

No because Thor and Odin are not arch enemies.

Sundipped
If you know Thanos's personality, he has a much pride in him self, and willed him self to stay in the fight.

I would say that goes along with his other attributes and must be included as well.

Sundipped
Since when has anyone ever said that Thanos' durability was anything less then formidable? Odin was cranking it up slowly. Thanos proved utterly ineffective against Odin in that fight. All he could do was stand there are take the blows. He probably knew that he was outmatched so he didn't even go on the offensive. Warlock saved his giant blue ass.

Whatever the case may be, he did well in an on the fly battle with Odin. I already stated Thanos most likely would lose.

leonidas
zeus essentially DID play with thor in their first battle. (thor annual 8 i think) his goal was to keep thor from interfering in the battle of troy. he never wanted to kill thor (and admitted somewhere he couldn't because thor's end was destined to come at ragnarok). an angry zeus did demolish an unhealthy thor, but it wouldn't have mattered if thor were healthy or not. in earlier confrontations (where thor had encountered hercules) zeus clearly demonstrated he was well above thor. zeus is very close to odin though he lacks feats and appearances to support the idea with on-panel evidence.

oh, and i could also show proof of surfer overpowering mephisto IN hell. does that mean odin could one-shot mephisto? we need to be careful with the whole "if he can do this to him, HE can do this to Him" flimsy arguments.

Thorion
zeus essentially DID play with thor in their first battle. (thor annual 8 i think) his goal was to keep thor from interfering in the battle of troy. he never wanted to kill thor (and admitted somewhere he couldn't because thor's end was destined to come at ragnarok). an angry zeus did demolish an unhealthy thor, but it wouldn't have mattered if thor were healthy or not. in earlier confrontations (where thor had encountered hercules) zeus clearly demonstrated he was well above thor. zeus is very close to odin though he lacks feats and appearances to support the idea with on-panel evidence.

oh, and i could also show proof of surfer overpowering mephisto IN hell. does that mean odin could one-shot mephisto? we need to be careful with the whole "if he can do this to him, HE can do this to Him" flimsy arguments.

True. You make some good points, but I personally think that Odin is leagues above Zeus. And the thing is, that we need on panel evidence to gauge characters. Zeus has never shown that he's anywhere close to Odin in terms of power. Odin repsects him, but if it came down to it, like you said, he lacks the feats and on-panel evidence to be considered his equal.

lando005
thanos was outclassed by odin but not as badly as some think he did quite well and was going toe to to with him for a while, it was only after the battle progessed for a while that we could see that he was being out preformed, Odin was unable to put thanos down easily. Personally i think Odin and Zeus are on par with each other but Zeus doen't get the screen time that Odin does

leonidas
thanos had a pretty good showing (not sure how or why it's relevent exactly . . .) but the thing about that showing is this: never -- at ANY time -- was odin in any danger from thanos. he simply took a good beating. it was a good stamina showing, but that's as far as it went. thanos was very clearly (imo) outclassed in power, but he showed he could take a punch. did odin go 'all out'? an impossible thing to gauge. maybe THAT writer had him going all out, but his power has shaken the nine worlds and i've seen him put out a lot more power than he did in that fight.

for purposes of this fight, mephisto (out of hell) has shown to be afraid of thanos. and IN hell, warlock (who wouldn't even ENTER into battle against odin) has defeated mephisto. both pretty clear points that would indicate mephisto<odin.

dormammu (whose power levels flucuate pretty wildly depnding on the situation) is the wildcard but there is no way he would beat 2 skyfathers and all of asgard and olympus -- not at typical levels. once again, this battle really isn't even close imo.

lando005
let's include dormammu's and mesphisto's armies in this match as well

hunbu04
At no point in that fight in Thor Annual 8 did thor stalemate zeus. Zeus fought thor at thor level and he still look superior to thor in the entire fight. zeus did not even used his magial manipulation against thor he fought thor as a elemental and won easily.Thor even admitted that zeus elemental control made him look like a child. zeus also overpower thor physically in that fight. Zeus may not have a lot of feats like odin but he have some good one. In avengers assault on olympus arc zeus easily defeated thor,she hulk, namor, and female captian marvel, and hercules with litte effort. Zuras even said that all the other eternals with the exception on him were like ants compare to zeus. He have easily defeated pluto a couple on time if i remeber right in a thor comics pluto brought hades to earth and all zeus had to say was every thing return the ways it was so sayth zeus and every thing went back to normal. Thor and the female asgradians with him both said i hope the day never come that we have to go against the powers of someone as mighty as zeus is. Zeus created taylor madison a human being a feat thor couldn't perform with the odin force when he try to bring the little girl back to life. The huntsman of zeus is easliy a herald level being and zeus created him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.