How Many Wolverine's would it take to take on WWH?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
WWH vs 2,10,25,50,100? Wolverine's.

Inhuman
The logan, wwh fight was pis.
it would only take 1 wolverine.
bone claw 131

Eternal Idol
The World War Hulk fights were, I think, utter crap. I'm not saying Hulk wouldn't beat lots of the people he fought, but he wouldn't have done it so easily as depicted. I mean, the guy put down Ares in one or two panels, beat Blackbolt down OFF-PANEL mad , and so on. And then there were the things that didn't quite add up-- like Hulk getting knocked back a few times by punches from She-Hulk, Thing and others, and yet a full-powered optic blast (which is supposed to be pure concussive force, and NOT heat) from Cyclops unleashed on the Hulk merely shredded/burned his clothing.

Back on topic, I think it would take about 2-3 non-jobbing Wolverines to go toe-to-toe with World War Hulk and have a chance at winning. I'll even give Hulk the benefit of the doubt and cap it at 5 non-jobbing Wolverines.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
The World War Hulk fights were, I think, utter crap. I'm not saying Hulk wouldn't beat lots of the people he fought, but he wouldn't have done it so easily as depicted. I mean, the guy put down Ares in one or two panels, beat Blackbolt down OFF-PANEL mad , and so on. And then there were the things that didn't quite add up-- like Hulk getting knocked back a few times by punches from She-Hulk, Thing and others, and yet a full-powered optic blast (which is supposed to be pure concussive force, and NOT heat) from Cyclops unleashed on the Hulk merely shredded/burned his clothing.

Back on topic, I think it would take about 2-3 non-jobbing Wolverines to go toe-to-toe with World War Hulk and have a chance at winning. I'll even give Hulk the benefit of the doubt and cap it at 5 non-jobbing Wolverines.

After the first issue of wwh it was pretty much all down hill from there, the X-men mini was the only saving grace for me.I really liked the art and I thought the fights were handled well other than a few things here and there.

Kutulu

Hulk really did get that much more powerful, it's just you refused to accept it. WWH was way stronger than many people on this forum give him credit for.

Let me give an example: Superman one-shots a powerful enemy. Forum reaction: Superman is powerful. Second example: WWH one-shots Ares, a god, and a powerful enemy. Forum reaction: WWH was PIS and he shouldn't have one-shotted Ares even though his strength was exponentially greater. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gotta love KMC.

In answer to the O.P. one Wolverine obviously was treated like a child, Hulk can punt Wolverine hundreds of miles away if he wants, so it's going to take a lot more than 5, probably in the vicinity of 50 - 80.

---edit---
To honestly think that 2-3 Wolverines could take out WWH is laughable. Especially after the severe beatdown he gave Wolverine in WWH X-men, but I guess the Wolverine fanboys are still bitter about Wolverine getting humiliated so bad.

Metalmanx

I don't recall Hulk's clothing/skin burning from Cyke's optic blasts as a result of heat, but merely due to impact burns. I mean, you ever seen two big powerhouses wailing on each other? After one gets smashed hard, he's usually depicted with impact burns around him. I can't think of anything specific right now, but I know I've seen it.

Anyway, the way that Hulk was in WWH, I truly don't think any number of Wolverines could've taken him down. Seriously, one Wolverine did NOTHING to him. I can't imagine an army of Wolverines doing anything differently.

golem370
It would take from thousands to tens of thousands to defeat Hulk

Kutulu
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I don't recall Hulk's clothing/skin burning from Cyke's optic blasts as a result of heat, but merely due to impact burns. I mean, you ever seen two big powerhouses wailing on each other? After one gets smashed hard, he's usually depicted with impact burns around him. I can't think of anything specific right now, but I know I've seen it.

Anyway, the way that Hulk was in WWH, I truly don't think any number of Wolverines could've taken him down. Seriously, one Wolverine did NOTHING to him. I can't imagine an army of Wolverines doing anything differently.

^^ Exactly. It's laughable when people try to say that someone didn't take that much damage because their clothing remains. WTF? This is comics, it happens like that all the time. When Superman got his ass kicked by Doomsday it was the same thing, his clothing was ripped up but not completely gone, it's just the way characters are drawn.

Same thing in the crossover (non-canon) when Galactus blasted Darkseid and had him on his knees, all it showed was part of Darkseid's shirt ripped up. You think a blast from Galactus who can destroy planets with ease isn't going to annihilate someone's clothing?

C'mon that's the worst excuse in the book to use. Comic clothing never has, and never will, follow the laws of physics or take a normal amount of damage, otherwise everybody above meta level would be buck-naked after every fight.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Kutulu

---edit---
To honestly think that 2-3 Wolverines could take out WWH is laughable. Especially after the severe beatdown he gave Wolverine in WWH X-men, but I guess the Wolverine fanboys are still bitter about Wolverine getting humiliated so bad.

You have no business accusing someone else of being a fanboy. roll eyes (sarcastic)
-----------------
I don't think it's even possible. Couldn't Hulk just jump away?

Kutulu
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
You have no business accusing someone else of being a fanboy. roll eyes (sarcastic)
-----------------
I don't think it's even possible. Couldn't Hulk just jump away?

happywank

Nod
Probably 10 or more to beat Hulk. They would have to rip him to shreds but his healing factor can take a hammering, we saw that against the army.

Eternal Idol
^^ Exactly. It's laughable when people try to say that someone didn't take that much damage because their clothing remains. WTF? This is comics, it happens like that all the time. When Superman got his ass kicked by Doomsday it was the same thing, his clothing was ripped up but not completely gone, it's just the way characters are drawn.

Same thing in the crossover (non-canon) when Galactus blasted Darkseid and had him on his knees, all it showed was part of Darkseid's shirt ripped up. You think a blast from Galactus who can destroy planets with ease isn't going to annihilate someone's clothing?

C'mon that's the worst excuse in the book to use. Comic clothing never has, and never will, follow the laws of physics or take a normal amount of damage, otherwise everybody above meta level would be buck-naked after every fight.

You've entirely missed my point. I don't care about the clothing being shredded all that much. My point is that a full-powered optic blast, the same one that KTFO of a Sentinel (which must weigh several tons), didn't move Hulk back much at all. Seeing as how it's pure force, he should've been momentarily BFR'd.

Furthermore, I said the team of Wolverines could stand up to the Hulk and have a shot at winning, not that they win in a stomp. Hulk's body has weak points, just as any other. The neck, the spine, the eyes, the mouth-- these are all spots that logically SHOULD be easier to pierce than the rest of him, and 5 non-jobbing Wolverines should be enough to exploit those areas.

Kutulu
You've entirely missed my point. I don't care about the clothing being shredded all that much. My point is that a full-powered optic blast, the same one that KTFO of a Sentinel (which must weigh several tons), didn't move Hulk back much at all. Seeing as how it's pure force, he should've been momentarily BFR'd.

Furthermore, I said the team of Wolverines could stand up to the Hulk and have a shot at winning, not that they win in a stomp. Hulk's body has weak points, just as any other. The neck, the spine, the eyes, the mouth-- these are all spots that logically SHOULD be easier to pierce than the rest of him, and 5 non-jobbing Wolverines should be enough to exploit those areas.

Except that Wolverine already tried that during WWH and failed. The only thing going for his eyes will do is leave the Wolverine's susceptible to being grabbed and then either being used as a weapon or being tossed to Jersey.

In regards to your pure force comment, that's the way Hulk has been written - you think he weighed enough to shake the entire eastern seaboard with a single step like he did in WWH # 5? Obviously there are other powers at play here. Hulk has a long history of walking through people blasting at him, so what he did against Cyclops is perfectly within character.

Eternal Idol
Except that Wolverine already tried that during WWH and failed. The only thing going for his eyes will do is leave the Wolverine's susceptible to being grabbed and then either being used as a weapon or being tossed to Jersey.

In regards to your pure force comment, that's the way Hulk has been written - you think he weighed enough to shake the entire eastern seaboard with a single step like he did in WWH # 5? Obviously there are other powers at play here. Hulk has a long history of walking through people blasting at him, so what he did against Cyclops is perfectly within character.

Wolverine got his ass kicked in WWH. True enough, but with another four-- or hell fine let's even make it another nine if it helps you see my point-- Hulk would have a hell of a time trying to keep them off. Wolverine has been shown several times to be a faster combatant than Hulk, and a team of them would be more than enough to get a few critical shots in for the win if Hulk tried to brawl (barring BFRs and the thunderclap of course.)

I don't remember him shaking the eastern seaboard, but I'm sure that has more to do with the amount of force he can put out with a stomp than his actual weight. And while he has been shown to withstand blasts with relative ease, a good deal of those weren't as great in magnitude as Cyclops' blast unleashed. If he were somehow anchored to the floor, I'd have no problem with it, but he wasn't. Without the necessary mass to keep him grounded, he should've been knocked back considerably.

Kutulu
Wolverine got his ass kicked in WWH. True enough, but with another four-- or hell fine let's even make it another nine if it helps you see my point-- Hulk would have a hell of a time trying to keep them off. Wolverine has been shown several times to be a faster combatant than Hulk, and a team of them would be more than enough to get a few critical shots in for the win if Hulk tried to brawl (barring BFRs and the thunderclap of course.)

I don't remember him shaking the eastern seaboard, but I'm sure that has more to do with the amount of force he can put out with a stomp than his actual weight. And while he has been shown to withstand blasts with relative ease, a good deal of those weren't as great in magnitude as Cyclops' blast unleashed. If he were somehow anchored to the floor, I'd have no problem with it, but he wasn't. Without the necessary mass to keep him grounded, he should've been knocked back considerably.

His stomp which shook the eastern seaboard consisted of putting his foot on the ground. It also caused a crack in the ground big enough to crack Long Island in half. That was far more damage to the ground then he could possibly have done using only his physical weight. He has withstood blasts greater than that of Cyclops in the past and walked forward through them. It's in his powerset and it's the norm for Hulk.

He's resisted being punched by beings that can punch apart planets, you think Cyclops' puny blast is going to hurl him backwards? laughing

In regards to your Wolverine comment, they literally have no way of killing him in his WWH phase. His healing is simply too fast, his skin too thick, and his strength too high, for them to do damage that lasts longer than a couple panels. He can also BFR wolverine with ease, tossing him into outer space or to the moon like he did with Fin Fang Foom (who weighed several hundred tons, and Hulk tossed him literally to the moon).

Kutulu

The Eastern Seaboard incident:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh033.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh034.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh035.jpg

Eternal Idol
His stomp which shook the eastern seaboard consisted of putting his foot on the ground. It also caused a crack in the ground big enough to crack Long Island in half. That was far more damage to the ground then he could possibly have done using only his physical weight.

If all he did was take a step, then that's just friggin' retarded. no expression

He has withstood blasts greater than that of Cyclops in the past and walked forward through them. It's in his powerset and it's the norm for Hulk.

He's resisted being punched by beings that can punch apart planets, you think Cyclops' puny blast is going to hurl him backwards?

I agree he'd more than likely be durable enough to withstand it okay, but he wasn't grounded to the floor and doesn't weigh enough to hold his stance.

Kutulu
If all he did was take a step, then that's just friggin' retarded. no expression

Why do you consider it retarded, just because Hulk doesn't conform to your ideas of what he is? It's been stated on-panel many times that he's considered a force of nature. His abilities aren't in the realm of the purely physical. It's canon and it's been that way for a while now.

horrorwolf
You could have Thousands of Wolverines, and If WWH wanted he could just flee by Thunderclaps+Jumping a few miles away.

And by chance even if Wolverines were everywhere...they would only wind up likely causing Hulk to become so powerful, he would devastate portions of the planet more than likely....They cant do any lasting Harm to Hulk whatsoever.

Kutulu
Originally posted by horrorwolf
You could have Thousands of Wolverines, and If WWH wanted he could just flee by Thunderclaps+Jumping a few miles away.

And by chance even if Wolverines were everywhere...they would only wind up likely causing Hulk to become so powerful, he would devastate portions of the planet more than likely....They cant do any lasting Harm to Hulk whatsoever.

^^ Co-signed. I have changed my opinion, there are no amount of Wolverine's that could put down WWH for good. As soon as his anger levels start reaching the levels he was at post-Sentry fight in WWH# 5, he's going to be thunderclapping with the force of a nuclear bomb and splitting the planet apart with his feet. All those Wolverine's will be left drifting in space.

horrorwolf
^^ Co-signed. I have changed my opinion, there are no amount of Wolverine's that could put down WWH for good. As soon as his anger levels start reaching the levels he was at post-Sentry fight in WWH# 5, he's going to be thunderclapping with the force of a nuclear bomb and splitting the planet apart with his feet. All those Wolverine's will be left drifting in space.

Remember physics here folks...even in comics you must have some level of reality. Put WWH was in a small area with say 1000 wolverines....

there would only really be room for ONLY 5-6 to form any type of truly effective assualt. Numbers mean nothing beyond 7or8 max in close ranged assaults because of this basic rule.

llagrok
You would need quite a few.

He's fast enough to knock out anyone who approaches, so they would have to flock him and try to stab through his skull.

Inhuman
More than a few would take over the earth

llagrok
A Wolvie makes a pretty good weapon, Hulk could grab a hold of one and use him as a bat.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by llagrok
A Wolvie makes a pretty good weapon, Hulk could grab a hold of one and use him as a bat.

LOL laughing laughing laughing

One in each hand would make a superwolverine!!! rotf

Tony Stark
^^ Co-signed. I have changed my opinion, there are no amount of Wolverine's that could put down WWH for good. As soon as his anger levels start reaching the levels he was at post-Sentry fight in WWH# 5, he's going to be thunderclapping with the force of a nuclear bomb and splitting the planet apart with his feet. All those Wolverine's will be left drifting in space. [/QUOTE

You are aware that Wolverine can survive in the vacuum of space and doesn't need air to breathe right...? And he would just use his claws to slice through space and time... And go back in time to give it another shot.

rolling on floor laughing

Badabing
Closed. Too vague....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.