A single IMP from the Flash(Bart)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KMC_Drifter
Bart is travelling in the Speed Force at his fastest speed ever...and he delivers a single IMP to each of the following opponents....who would survive...and who would not?...and what would happen to those that did or did not survive?

1. Batman
2. Aquaman
3. Spiderman
4. Wolverine
5. Thing
6. Colossus
7. WW Hulk
8. Thor
9. Classic Juggernaut
10. Hercules
11. Martian Manhunter
12. Superman
13. Silver Surfer
14. Thanos
15. Blob...just for laughs

Nod
Whats the point of Batman and those other low level guys?

nvrbeenwthagirl
No one survives.

KMC_Drifter
Originally posted by Nod
Whats the point of Batman and those other low level guys?

I know the low level guys would not survive...that's why I asked for opinions on what you would think would happen after they take the IMP...would the shear force of the blow simply go straight through them...vaporize them...send them to orbit...etc

Martian_mind
1.Dead
2.Dead
3.Dead
4.Temporarily dead
5.Shattered
6.severely dinged or dead
7.Injured badly but healed eventually
8.Koed,probably concussed
9.unfazed
10.See Thor
11.Splattered but he heals
12.See Thor
13.See Thor
14.Unsure whether it's a ko,but he definetly won't be dandy
15.Flash doesn't move him an inch....he rips a hole through.

Inhuman
batman could just cancel it out with a batkick
Or ko/kill the flash. Depending how much force bruce puts into it.

KMC_Drifter
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
No one survives.

Are you sure? Classic Juggs has survived the god force before..and is supposed to be impervious to physical punishment....and would it really kill Supes or Thanos, maybe.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Inhuman
batman could just cancel it out with a batkick

Well,they're all screwed when that makes the multiverse implode.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
Are you sure? Classic Juggs has survived the god force before..and is supposed to be impervious to physical punishment....and would it really kill Supes or Thanos, maybe.

Classic Juggernaut would be slit in half. The Full speed of the speed force by the living speed force?

Inhuman
Classic Juggernaut would be slit in half. The Full speed of the speed force by the living speed force?

Fanboy version of flash sure is ultra hyped by some erm

DC had to introduce the speed force for flash, because if they didn't he would be dead a long time ago.
A pebble or speck of dust hitting any part of flashes body, with him going near light speed would blow him into meat chunks.
Also punching someone at those speeds with no super strength would make you arm explode as well.

Laminator_X
IMP does not make and has never made any sense. If the Flash is mass-dilated to such an extreme level, he should be time-dilated just as extremely.

Problem 1: He would never connect with his opponent because the opponent would be moving much faster in time than the Flash. The Flash would only see where the target had been long before.

Problem 2: As the Earth itself would also be moving through time much faster than the Flash, he runs the risk of either being smashed by collision with the planet itself, possibly causing an environmental cataclysm, or being left flailing his feet madly in empty space as hours pass for the planet in mere seconds for the Flash.

I know it's a comic and science shouldn't be considered so strictly, but they kind of take you down that road when they try to have it both ways with stuff like the IMP. It forces you to think about the science rather than simply hand-waving any inconsistancies.

Don't really think of is as being struck by a near infinite-mass travelling at near-light speeds, as it really can't be that. It's a force bolt with extremely short range (touch) that he has to run really fast to charge up; nothing more, nothing less.

Priest
2-6 dies
And Martian Man Hunter/Blob dies.
The rest of the list survive.

Symmetric Chaos
No one survives.

Name one person who's been killed by a single IMP.

Priest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Name one person who's been killed by a single IMP.
But but a white Martian as been KOed by one...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Priest
But but a white Martian as been KOed by one...

Not killed though baka

It was tried on Zoom and didn't kill him too.

Gecko4lif
Not killed though baka

It was tried on Zoom and didn't kill him too.
Zom manipulates time it prolly felt like a normal punch to him

And a REAL imp would splatter everybody here

A real einstien imp would either kill you instantly or knock you into another dimension (where you would most likely die)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
A real einstien imp would either kill you instantly or knock you into another dimension (where you would most likely die)

An IMP in RL wouldn't send you to another dimension. It would collapse the entire universe crushing everything into component parts.

janus77
a "Real Life IMP" really couldn't exist. can't have "infinite" mass when you have a universe left outside.

anyway, Flash wouldn't be able to deliver an IMP because the heat and energies flowing around the area of "infinite" mass, would repel matter for like billions of light years around... like a black hole only in reverse, I think.

King Kandy
If flash really used an IMP he should implode because of the tremendous gravity that would be created by his infinite mass.

Board Walker
Fanboy version of flash sure is ultra hyped by some erm

DC had to introduce the speed force for flash, because if they didn't he would be dead a long time ago.
A pebble or speck of dust hitting any part of flashes body, with him going near light speed would blow him into meat chunks.
Also punching someone at those speeds with no super strength would make you arm explode as well.

The flash, or flashes to be more accurately, are covered in kinetic energy, surrounded and eveloped by the same source of energy which lets them travel at the speeds they do.

It's why they don't incinerate when they take off, or why Wally can exist in space with no oxygen; it is the flash's version of supermans bio field.

Board Walker
Originally posted by janus77
a "Real Life IMP" really couldn't exist. can't have "infinite" mass when you have a universe left outside.

anyway, Flash wouldn't be able to deliver an IMP because the heat and energies flowing around the area of "infinite" mass, would repel matter for like billions of light years around... like a black hole only in reverse, I think.

Logic doesn't apply to comics.

Flash has already done an IMP before, and survived fine.

Refer to my above post as to why.

janus77
well, to a certain extent they try and apply logic.
it's just that reason is often subsidiary to narrative and excitement.

Flash is no faster than Surfer, yet Surfer isn't doing IMPs... but as far as forum fights go... you can't takeaway IMPs from Surfer's arsenal. indeed, he's far better equipped to pull off IMPs, given his uber durability and ability to create and project matter constructs (effectively removing the focus of the infinite mass, from his person to something a good deal further away)...

psycho gundam

Flash is no faster than Surfer, yet Surfer isn't doing IMPs... but as far as forum fights go... you can't takeaway IMPs from Surfer's arsenal. indeed, he's far better equipped to pull off IMPs, given his uber durability and ability to create and project matter constructs (effectively removing the focus of the infinite mass, from his person to something a good deal further away)...
remember, flash is from dc and we all know that means he is better just because.....

Gecko4lif

flash is trillions of time faster then surfer

pass me some of that weed your smoking

Well it depends on if you think the universe is infinite or not

And by universe i mean the true universe not just what we can percieve with modern science

Inhuman

rolling on floor laughing

Thought you were serious for a second. Nice1 thumb up

Gecko4lif
rolling on floor laughing

Thought you were serious for a second. Nice1 thumb up
Surfer has NEVEr been shown going a couple of hundred x light

Flash has been clocked at over 150,000 x light WHILE ON EARTH

He has been shown going faster then the speed of thought (which in rl is pretty damn slow but in comics is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
beyond light)

psycho gundam

He has been shown going faster then the speed of thought (which in rl is pretty damn slow but in comics is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
beyond light)

omg! forget the speed force, what about the turbulence that is created by that speed? dc garbage strikes again

Inhuman

beyond light)

heh. this is a perfect time to post one of my favorite quotes on KMC of all time.smile

psycho gundam
that quote gave me a ten pack from laughter laughing thanks great_dane!

Kutulu

pass me some of that weed your smoking

Well it depends on if you think the universe is infinite or not

And by universe i mean the true universe not just what we can percieve with modern science

Twists the very nature of space to travel from one side of the universe to the other:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/ss_enslavers_06.jpg

Travels a half million light years in a moment:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_Vol3-006.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_Vol3-007.jpg

Let's do the math. 500,000 light years in about 5 seconds, this is before speeding up even further.

That's 3 trillion times the speed of light. He continues to go even faster after the initial half million light years. Explain again how flash is trillions of times more faster than Surfer? confused

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Kutulu
Twists the very nature of space to travel from one side of the universe to the other:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/ss_enslavers_06.jpg

Travels a half million light years in a moment:

Let's do the math. 500,000 light years in about 5 seconds, this is before speeding up even further.

That's 3 trillion times the speed of light. He continues to go even faster after the initial half million light years. Explain again how flash is trillions of times more faster than Surfer? confused
No time frame is given
No distance is given
And he telports

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Board Walker
Logic doesn't apply to comics.

Flash has already done an IMP before, and survived fine.

Refer to my above post as to why.

There's is a sort-of internal logic to how the Flashes operate most of the time, but it only pays lip-service to relativistic principles, rather than obeying them. Judge them by the effects they actually produce, rather than by how a speedster in some sort of hard-science-fiction story might operate.

The key to keep in mind is that how hard he's hitting really has nothing to do with how fast he's going or relativistic mass dilation. Those are really just wind-up and window-dressing for a Magic Speed-Force Assisted Super Punch. This does in fact hit very hard, and certainly harder the more energy the Flash pulls from the Speed Force. That's not as hard as an extremely relativistically-dilated object would actually hit, but still hard enough to KO (but not kill, splatter, or vaporize) a White Martian. That's still no small feat.

Now, to answer the thread starter's question. In assessing how each person would take such a hit, don't answer: "Could this character withstand a near light-speed collision with a fragment a black hole?" Rather answer the question, "How would this character hold up against a blow that would KO a White Martian?"

I'd answer thusly:

1. Batman -splatter
2. Aquaman -KO, maybe worse. He's varied a lot over the years.
3. Spiderman -splatter
4. Wolverine -Splatters soft tissues and organs, but eventually recovers.
5. Thing -KO
6. Colossus -KO
7. WW Hulk -Feels it, but quickly shakes it off.
8. Thor -Not sure, I'm thinking hurt, but maybe KO
9. Classic Juggernaut -No serious damage
10. Hercules -Not sure, see Thor above
11. Martian Manhunter -About as tough as a White? KO
12. Superman -As portrayed recently, hurt.
13. Silver Surfer -Hurt, continued blows might add up.
14. Thanos -Feels it, but not significantly harmed by a single blow.
15. Blob -KO, but might actually survive. All that goo might diffuse the impact enough to save him.

My calls are subjective and imprecise, of course. I'm hardly an expert on how all those characters stack up compared to a White Martian, and it's been years since I read the Hyper-Clan story in any case. But you get the idea.

If you want the right answer, you first have to ask the right question.

(Apart from Life, the Universe, and Everything, that is wink )

TricksterPriest
To be fair, the White Martian KO wasn't at top speed, nor was he going all out.

And Bart was far more powerful with the Speed Force, hell, he WAS the Speed Force.

So basically, take Wally going all out, like in 'Divided We Fall' (The JLU cartoon where Wally hits the Speed Force), multiply that by his real showings in comics, and finally adjust Wally's speed to where Bart is.

1-6 is dead. Hulk may die, but his HF might bring him back. He's KOed for sure. Thor is out, but he'll probably live. Juggs won't notice, though he might go flying. Herc is KOed, but will also live. Martian is KOed, might live, might die. I'm not entirely sure if he can survive maxed out. Supes is KOed. Surfer is KOed. Thanos is gonna be knocked on his ass, and might be a bit dizzy, but he'll be alright after abit. Co-sign with Laminator. Blob actually has a small chance of surviving it.

Larceny
Classic Juggernaut would be slit in half.

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
And he telports

Probably should've read the words . . . galaxys don't "streak by" when you teleport.

Soljer
Originally posted by Martian_mind
1.Dead
2.Dead
3.Dead
4.Temporarily dead
5.Shattered
6.severely dinged or dead
7.Injured badly but healed eventually
8.Koed,probably concussed
9.unfazed
10.See Thor
11.Splattered but he heals
12.See Thor
13.See Thor
14.Unsure whether it's a ko,but he definetly won't be dandy
15.Flash doesn't move him an inch....he rips a hole through.
Thanos might be knocked out, but Thor is unphased?

beyond light)

The Surfer has easily exceeded ' a couple hundred times' C.

Grinning Goku

hysterical

Gecko4lif
Probably should've read the words . . . galaxys don't "streak by" when you teleport.

I did read it. I didn't READ it thou.

I forgot surfer enters hyperspace

So this is fastest shown hyperspace speed (Couple hundred c?)

Against fastest speed force speed (I dont know the exact number but I know it is over 1 million C)

and MAYBE I exagerrated a wee bit

Flash isnt Trillions of time faster then surfer

But he is faster by a rediculous margin cool

janus77
if anything Surfer is orders of magnitude faster than The Flashes.
from his feats anyway, Surfer's gone light years in seconds.

Galan007
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
Bart is travelling in the Speed Force at his fastest speed ever...and he delivers a single IMP to each of the following opponents....who would survive...and who would not?...and what would happen to those that did or did not survive?

1. Batman
2. Aquaman
3. Spiderman
4. Wolverine
5. Thing
6. Colossus
7. WW Hulk
8. Thor
9. Classic Juggernaut
10. Hercules
11. Martian Manhunter
12. Superman
13. Silver Surfer
14. Thanos
15. Blob...just for laughs imo,
#9 is the only one who remains completely unharmed.

The rest, ..... Die.

Kutulu
No time frame is given
No distance is given
And he telports

The half million light years figure was how far they went before they actually entered hyperspace. So the distance is a given for a non-hyperspace travel - 500,000 light years. Time was of the essence, so it's not like they were just sitting around talking either - it was only a few seconds that it took to travel 500,000 light years. That's trillions times the speed of light pre-hyperspace, where they traveled even farther, faster.

The first scan was using a black hole / white hole to teleport from one side of the universe to the other - the second set of scans, there is no teleporting done, it's even on-panel that Genis can't hang on because Surfer is moving so fast (and this was someone who could already go FTL on his own).

Kutulu
I did read it. I didn't READ it thou.

I forgot surfer enters hyperspace

So this is fastest shown hyperspace speed (Couple hundred c?)

Against fastest speed force speed (I dont know the exact number but I know it is over 1 million C)

and MAYBE I exagerrated a wee bit

Flash isnt Trillions of time faster then surfer

But he is faster by a rediculous margin cool

Look at the scans again. Surfer had traveled a half million light years before he entered hyperspace. He then travels even faster. That's trillions of times the speed of light.

Here's another example of Surfer going fast:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/InfinityGauntlet4p35.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/InfinityGauntlet4p36.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/InfinityGauntlet4p37.jpg

Surfer traveled an entire light year without entering hyperspace before Thanos had time to even swing his blow fully. That's less than a second to travel an entire light year, without teleporting, and without entering hyperspace. That would be 31 million times the speed of light or more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.