Greatest powerUPS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
List of characters who has/had the greatest POWER-UPS. I think there are two categories here.

1) Internal; through mental or physical exertion

2)External; powered from outside source.

For internal of course my fav is HULK. obviously his potential is nearly limitless (not sure what that means wink )

Balder's was good. Remember his limited series? He was fat; exercised and gained light and heat powers and developed greater reflexes and speed (wish Marvel would work with that...oh well)

Iceman is a great power-up.

And the ultimate of all Internal POWER-UPS would have to be Galactus.

External POWER-UPS;

Naturally Thanos and Warlock

Thor -RKT

Jean Grey and Supes just to list a few of my favorites

Tazer
Yo.

Galactus wouldve been an external since he was changed/blessed/upgraded by another being, and add Ion & Parallax to the list for EXTERNAL p-u's.

Tazer

Gecko4lif
sun dipping ftw

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hal Jordan has the greatest power ups in all of comics history

A GL
To Parallax
To The Spectre

Tazer
Yo.

Dani Moonstar had her powers upgraded a few times too as I recall; I think she'd be in the INTERNAL category......

Tazer

horrorwolf
1. (Internal) Hulk. A walking powerup fueled by an powerful extradimensial unlimited internally-fed source of rage.

2. (External) Wonderwoman. Ressurected by Zeus himself after being killed. Decides to give up Godhood and become just a top tier. An Amazon powerhouse and highly skilled warrior.

tru-marvell
I don't think big G was "blessed" . If I'm wrong please explain.

I think Doc. Strange is a good combo. According to Marvel all humans are capable of magic through meditation and discipline. Plus with all his little extras he is damn near omnipotent at times.

What happened to "spikey" Thing. Just how much stronger did he become?

Symmetric Chaos
Thanos

He went from "giant freak baby" to "GOD"

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Thanos

yes

Mr Master
Thanos

thumb up True that, that's gotta be the greatest power-up ever.

Mr Master
Originally posted by tru-marvell
2)External; powered from outside source.
Another incredible power-up, is Reed's mind.

Reed has done everything you can possibly imagine.
He was always a genius,
but that intellect blew up uber "god" style after the cosmic rays.

Air Legend
Owen Reece from a human to Classic Molecule Man.

JediPrime
Al Simmons from a human to God Spawn.

roughrider
Spider Man temporarily getting the Captain Universe powers. He was afraid of killing anyone who came near him.

And Joker becoming Emperor Joker, thanks to Mxy.

Tazer
Yo.

Thanos

I dont know if possession of the IG counts as a "power up" since it was an external contraption that contained all of said power.

Tazer

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

I dont know if possession of the IG counts as a "power up" since it was an external contraption that contained all of said power.

Tazer

HOTU or CC count too.

Plus Galactus was counted as getting a power up when he went from Galan to Galactus.

Avlon
Jim Carrey (Bruce) in Bruce Almighty.

He wrecks IG, HOTU, Spectre, Living Tribunal, Mxy, Q, Etc.

King Kandy
Really? It didn't seem like he could do anything more then they could.

K-Dog
Well Juggernaut went from being a normal guy to being Hulk-level himself (at least). That's about a billion-fold upgrade. Happy Dance

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by tru-marvell
I don't think big G was "blessed" . If I'm wrong please explain.

Galactus didnt give himself all of that power; it was granted to him by the spirit of the previous universe as it collapsed around him, and grew while he was in stasis.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

HOTU or CC count too.

HOTU yea, not so much the CC since (again) the power was contained w/in *it* rather than *him*.

Plus Galactus was counted as getting a power up when he went from Galan to Galactus.

no-one said it wasnt.

Tazer

Inhuman
Originally posted by Avlon
Jim Carrey (Bruce) in Bruce Almighty.

He wrecks IG, HOTU, Spectre, Living Tribunal, Mxy, Q, Etc.

Also Jim Carrey with "the mask" became god-like.

tru-marvell
I can't believe I left off Odin...he "gained" the Odinforce only after his brothers were killed by Surtur and he received their combined powerset

p.s. I hate the way Marvel degraded Monica Rambeau (Pulsar?) powers...damn is she still used in any comics...what a waste miffed

occultdestroyer
Internal:
LT, Galactus, MJJ, Jamie Braddock, HoM Wanda, Molecule Man, PR Beyonder, Man of Miracles, Alien Entity

External:
Thanos (HotI), Galactus (UN), Jean Grey (PF), Jim Corrigan (Spectre), Emperor Joker (5D powers), Swamp Thing (Elemental Parliaments), Elaine Belloc (YHWH)

Protege, Synnar, Wally (The Presence), and Carnivore... don't know where to categorize them though

Gadabout
High Evolutionary should be on this list...guessing internal in that he unleased his own latent potential

And Victor Von Doom... both though only briefly

Mshinu
Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal by learning MA! wink

rotiart
Thor receiving the thorforce/odinforce...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.