What great protection those Orbalisks are...*spoilers for Rule of two*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lightsnake
Considering they all die when hit by Force Lightning.

Bane loses the orbalisks in Rule of Two. Bane kills Farfalla, darovit is killed by Jedi, Bane and Zannah live

Darth Hord
Orbalisk beaten by lightning I love it. BTW where did you find out about the spoilers.

EDIT: I wonder when they die do they seperate from Bane's body?

Lightsnake
They die, yes. Whether by separation or from being cooked by lightning is unclear.

I got spoilers from a poster at TFN who got the book early

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Considering they all die when hit by Force Lightning.

Bane loses the orbalisks in Rule of Two. Bane kills Farfalla, darovit is killed by Jedi, Bane and Zannah live

Thank you for spoiling me. I didn't feel buying the book anyway. Were there any good duels?

Lightsnake
Apparently there's a big Zannah and Bane vs. Farfalla and Johun

Blue_Hefner
I know that, but was it good?

Lightsnake
Remember, I haven't read it

Captain REX
Well, that'll tip the scales! Bane is no longer invincible...

It's been awhile since we've had any galaxy-changing spoilers. Just like the good old days.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Remember, I haven't read it

Oh, I didn't know

GahLakTus
Finally nebaris can no longer shake his dick and say bane is invincible with his orbalisks.

NateGreySummers
This isn't revealing anything new, though. It's stated in the darkside sourcebook that they could be removed from the host.

Captain REX
I purchased my copy of Rule of Two today.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Captain REX
I purchased my copy of Rule of Two today.

Interesting book thus far. I'm about 1/4th done with it and should be finished today but it's pretty good. I have to say, a lot of you will be displeased with the route Drew is going since it does basically contradict earlier forms of canon. You'll understand what I'm talking about.

JediSamuraiMRB
Can someone please PM me some spoilers. I'm buying a copy tomorrow after I come from the movies, so I don't mind spoilers at all.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by GahLakTus
Finally nebaris can no longer shake his dick and say bane is invincible with his orbalisks.

laughing out loud Thank god indeed.

Now Bane is pretty much in the same boat as Vader.. well almost.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
laughing out loud Thank god indeed.

Now Bane is pretty much in the same boat as Vader.. well almost.

Unfortunately not. Bane is much more powerful than Vader in the force.

fascistcrusader

Are you sure about that? Vader is the chosen one and all.

Darth Sexy
Yea and had he lived without the suit, there would be no contest. I'm only halfway done with the book but it's clear Bane is already more powerful than Vader, and Zannah will become even more powerful than Bane.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Darth Sexy

I was referring to his vulnerability to Lightning, you silly boy.

fascistcrusader
I'm not so sure Bane > Vader in the force. That would screw up canon and everything else we know about SW, especially if Bane's apprentice were to be even stronger than him. I'll bet Bane just has some impressive feats.

NateGreySummers
After reading Ro2, I can confidently say that Bane would curbstomp the hell out of Vader. Why would that screw up canon?

Darth Hord
I'm confused why people would say that Bane being stronger than Vader would mess up canon

fascistcrusader
It screws up canon because Vader is the chosen one. Sure, he got screwed up physically, but his force powers are supposed to be second only to Sids and NJO Luke. Bane is way too overhyped IMO.

Darth Sexy
Um Bane would not curbstomp Vader at all, but his mastery seems more complete than Vader's, especially because of Vader's limitations.

Darth Hord
Regarding the orbalisk it says if one be killed it would release toxins killing its host in a matter of days. And for the record Bane did NOT move a moon like some had thought a while back.

Darth Hord
After finishing the book It seems that Bane is just as vulnerable to lightning as Vader is. And it seems that once an orbalisk is killed it can be removed from Bane's body showing flesh that in my opinion is in worse condition that Sidious's face.

Melcórë
That's just sexy. no expression

BTW: Excellent use of spoiler tags in the opening post....j/k. stick out tongue

Darth Sexy

GahLakTus
Um Bane would not curbstomp Vader at all, but his mastery seems more complete than Vader's, especially because of Vader's limitations. More complete? And didn't you say earlier that vaders force mastery is higher than banes ? His limitations didn't directly effect his strength and connection to the force, it merely limited his potential to become any stronger than he currently is. Really his limitations is mostly effecting his speed.

So yes, vader > bane in force mastery. Being able to rip a huge bridge to pieces and using it as missiles the same way sylar did with mere glass is indeed a definition of good force mastery in my opinion.

Drew ******* karpyshyn has a tendency to ridiculously over power his characters, such as darth bane whom was once a mid tier sith lord. All he did is merely exaggerate banes feats, hell regarding the issue where bane so called moved faster than the eye can see for merely a split second unlike sidious, luke and mace. He made it seem as if it was a godly ability which fanboys like nebaris use to sexually fellate him.

Bane is WAY too overhyped, hell and im not the only one stating this, darth subjeckt hates bane, so do i and so does fascistcrusader, We all said the same thing : "overhyped"

Darth Hord
I got to say that I like Bane's fighting style,not giving a dam if his opponents lightsaber hits him or not and continue to fight.

But look at bright side Gahlaktus at least Bane did not pull a moon out of orbit. I would hate to imagine what there would be if Bane did pull a moon.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I got to say that I like Bane's fighting style,not giving a dam if his opponents lightsaber hits him or not and continue to fight.

But look at bright side Gahlaktus at least Bane did not pull a moon out of orbit. I would hate to imagine what there would be if Bane did pull a moon.

Bane's sith lightning has the ability to instakill anybody, possibly even rivaling Palpatine. His force wave is ridiculous. We know he is VERY powerful and that Zannah is supposed to be more powerful than him. Interestingly enough, Freedon Nadd might be one of the top 5 sith in the SW universe after reading this book. I don't want to place him there but the dark side energies were ravaging his body, as they did to Palpatine. So far those are the only two in the SW universe that this has happened to.

Blue_Hefner
Bane's sith lightning has the ability to instakill anybody, possibly even rivaling Palpatine. His force wave is ridiculous. We know he is VERY powerful and that Zannah is supposed to be more powerful than him. Interestingly enough, Freedon Nadd might be one of the top 5 sith in the SW universe after reading this book. I don't want to place him there but the dark side energies were ravaging his body, as they did to Palpatine. So far those are the only two in the SW universe that this has happened to.

I've been trying to tell people that Nadd was powerful for a long time.

Darth Hord
I'm curious to hear what sith lords and jedi, Bane has surpassed now.

Blue_Hefner
That is what I think when a new LOTF book comes out

GahLakTus
Unfortunately not. Bane is much more powerful than Vader in the force. Then he is more powerful than somebody whom is a fraction away of being as powerful as the most powerful sith lord and let alone zannah who surpasses bane in sheer strength.

Drew has written more bullshit.

Him overpowering bane is one thing but making his frickin apprentice stronger than himself is even more absurd, drew really is riddled with blatant bullshit, hell and if bane really did surpass vader, its possibly going to mean he surpasses revan and with that in hand, zannah would surpass the three of them and "rival" sidious.

Ill have to read the book myself and see how much exaggeration Drew cock shin did, instead of making an interesting plaguies novel, those assholes wanted to continue banes boring story.

Darth Hord
I really have trouble believing that Zannah will surpass Bane (esp in sheer strength) let alone others like Revan and Exar Kun

Darth Sexy
I really have trouble believing that Zannah will surpass Bane (esp in sheer strength) let alone others like Revan and Exar Kun

I could be wrong about Bane being superior to Vader, but his force mastery is incredible and he's done things Vader hasn't. Also you have to remember that this is Vader in a suit, but that is another discussion. A few things have been established:

1. Zannah is potentially more powerful than Bane
2. Nadd was uber powerful, probably more powerful than Bane and most of sith lords.
3. Bane's sith lightning kills instantly.
4. Drew doesn't give a shit about continuity (thanks lightsnake).

Darth Hord
I would have to say a force battle between to Vader and Bane could go either way in my opinion depending on who hits who first with either force crush or lightning. Bane's lightning skills are incredibly powerful and easily rivals Revan's and Sidious's as well as Kun's amulet blasts. But it still can be reflected in that globe like defense(ex Yoda vs sids.) Which is also his greatest weakness if it is reflected to hit even one orbalisk. But now I definitely consider Bane of the greatest lightsaber duelists ever with orbalisks and he could definitely give NJO Luke a very tough saber battle.

GahLakTus
I would have to say a force battle between to Vader and Bane could go either way in my opinion depending on who hits who first with either force crush or lightning.
Possible.

Bane's lightning skills are incredibly powerful and easily rivals Revan's and Sidious's as well as Kun's amulet blasts.
How the hell can banes lightning compare to kuns amulet blasts? The amulet blasts are powerful that it can burn a hole in the massasi wall, What the blasts does is disintegrate anything that gets in its way, even nebaris admitted that the amulet blasts are far more powerful than any form of lightning.

While it may be impressive because its an insta kill, how does it compare to palpatines lightning whom could reduce somebody to bones?

But now I definitely consider Bane of the greatest lightsaber duelists ever with orbalisks and he could definitely give NJO Luke a very tough saber battle. I don't, look at how badly he got tooled when his opponent employs a form he has never seen before, and luke was being described as a maelstrom of force energy moving so fast it looks like he is twirling 20 lightsabers and from what i know, luke does not use a singular form but combines several different forms as vader did which does not follow any sequence that bane remembers, this ALONE will tool bane along with the FACT that luke is a far superior duelist.

And the orbalisks CAN be damaged by a lightsaber, mandalorian iron is described to be highly resistant to a saber strike, yet when exar kun swung harder than his initial strike, he tore through the mandalorian iron, again orbalisks are highly resistant to sabers, NOT immune.

I don't see why luke can't use TK to rip off those orbalisks from mere flesh seeing he could pull star destroyer engines apart with little effort.

In POD bane simply memorises a set of forms he knew to counter, and when his opponent uses a different form he has never seen, he gets pwned.

I could be wrong about Bane being superior to Vader, but his force mastery is incredible and he's done things Vader hasn't. Also you have to remember that this is Vader in a suit, but that is another discussion. A few things have been established: And vader has done things bane hasn't so that pretty much makes them equals. Again the suit does not limit his ability to use the force, the suit physically limits him, not force wise. If anything is limiting his force abilities to get stronger its his limited potential.

1. Zannah is potentially more powerful than Bane
Ill have to read up

2. Nadd was uber powerful, probably more powerful than Bane and most of sith lords.
This is good news, finally i will acknowledge him as a very powerful force user.

3. Bane's sith lightning kills instantly.
You know DS, lightning coming from any strong force user is lethel, expecially if the victim does not throw up a defence, the stronger the opponent, the stronger his resistance so i doubt bane could instantly kill sidious revan or exar kun.

Question, who did he kill exactly?

4. Drew doesn't give a shit about continuity (thanks lightsnake). Hes an arse hole.

Blue_Hefner
I would have to say a force battle between to Vader and Bane could go either way in my opinion depending on who hits who first with either force crush or lightning. Bane's lightning skills are incredibly powerful and easily rivals Revan's and Sidious's as well as Kun's amulet blasts. But it still can be reflected in that globe like defense(ex Yoda vs sids.) Which is also his greatest weakness if it is reflected to hit even one orbalisk. But now I definitely consider Bane of the greatest lightsaber duelists ever with orbalisks and he could definitely give NJO Luke a very tough saber battle.

What's so great about Revan's lightning again?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
What's so great about Revan's lightning again?

It is same type of lightning that Bane performed in the begining with raising his hands above his head and blasting the crap out of the mercs. And it would seem that Bane learned this maneuver from Revan's holocron.

@Gahlaktus Bane's lighting seemed to reduce the victims o char or ash. (I would have to reread that particular area. )And I was not stating that Bane's lightning is greater than an amulet blast. But it rivals it in a efficiency vs a single person not in sheer magnitude which it below an amulet blast but it is certainly deadly if Bane can land a hit direct hit on any powerful force user. Personally I would it is the weakest of the four attacks but it is not a great deal off.

Also of note it would seem that Drew has his own website(not sure if is legit but I have yet to seen anything to suggest otherwise) and he says that battle between Rev,Bane or Vader could anyway on any given day.

http://www.drewkarpyshyn.com/faq.htm

GahLakTus
The stronger the force user, the higher the resistance. So i doubt it would be that lethal to a powerful force user when it is on a non force user.

Blue_Hefner
It is same type of lightning that Bane performed in the begining with raising his hands above his head and blasting the crap out of the mercs. And it would seem that Bane learned this maneuver from Revan's holocron.

You mean Force Storm? That's not that great.

Darth Sexy
Bane learned Revan's force storm and basically instakilled each person he set the lightning upon. As for being one of the greatest lightsaber duelists ever, I have to agree. He has shown more with a blade than the likes of Exar Kun. He would undoubtedly give Mace or Yoda or Sidious a fight, but I'm not sure if he'd win those.

Darth Hord
While I was reading about Bane in his orbalisk armor fighting Zannah after the failed "betrayal" I could picture him saying "Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut *****! That's what I felt Drew was doing making Bane be a mix of the Hulk and the Juggernaut in his orbalisk armor.

GahLakTus
Bane learned Revan's force storm and basically instakilled each person he set the lightning upon. As for being one of the greatest lightsaber duelists ever, I have to agree. He has shown more with a blade than the likes of Exar Kun. He would undoubtedly give Mace or Yoda or Sidious a fight, but I'm not sure if he'd win those. So your saying he would beat exar kun and may be able to beat DE sidious? Wow drew has written even more shit.

Darth Hord
Right now I would have to say that Kun loses a very hard battle in sabers to Bane and I tend to lean towards Kun though in the force but that would be a hard fight too. As for DE Sidious I would have to say that Bane has a better shot to beat Sidious a saber's duel than a force duel but I he still goes down in a sabers after giving Sidious a tough duel.

GahLakTus
Right now I would have to say that Kun loses a very hard battle in sabers to Bane and I tend to lean towards Kun though in the force but that would be a hard fight too. As for DE Sidious I would have to say that Bane has a better shot to beat Sidious a saber's duel than a force duel but I he still goes down in a sabers after giving Sidious a tough duel. You have got to be kidding. Firstly how is bane going to contend when kun employs a lightsaber form completely alien to bane when the fact is he gets owned every time his opponent uses a form he has never seen before?

And how the hell can he give sidious a tough duel when sidious was described to be able to move faster than the eye can see continuously as opposed to bane whom could only do the same for a split second? Along with the fact that sidious possibly combines ataru and juyo which follows a sequence bane has never memorised? Oh yes and the fact that a rusty skilled palpatine in ROTS was able to dispatch "3 of the orders greatest swordsman in an era where the jedi are at their peak". I combined one quote with george lucas quote of "prime of the jedi".

Now i would like to see a crystal clear anakin vs bane is pure saber duel.

Darth Hord
edit

Darth Hord
Well in fairness to Bane he did have to face 2 and at one point 3 jedi aided by battle meditation and they were not gaining much ground on him. I wouldn't say Kun's form is completely alien as in it wouldn't be his first time facing someone with a double bladed lightsaber. As he did face Kaism on Lehon and he does have an understanding for the double bladed saber as Kasim told why he uses it during his secret sessions with Bane. I would say not many people know this.

I do think Bane could can give a DE Sidious a moderately tough fight as in Sidious can't win with his eyes close but he still wont be in any desperate situations or anything of the sort. And his armor does give him protection. Raska's 2 blades were moving faster than they eye could see and she did land about 6 blows to his chest but his armor did protect him. So he does have some protection from Sidious initially and his best chance would be at the begining of duel but once Sidious recognizes this he would would get to Bane's head. And Bane loses to Sidious in the force since he is vulnerable to lightning.

Melcórë
Wow....you guys need to calm down. There's WAY too much bashing in this thread....

BTW: So, I see nothing's changed. Some ppl. like the book, others hate it. I'll probably be part of the former....

Darth Hord

Darth Sexy
So your saying he would beat exar kun and may be able to beat DE sidious? Wow drew has written even more shit.

Yes, I think he would beat Kun. No I don't think he could beat Mace, Yoda, or any incarnation of Sidious. No I don't think he could beat Luke. I would put Jacen Solo in that category but the authors completely messed him up so he goes on my "accident" list, along with Nihilus.

Darth Sexy
Right now I would have to say that Kun loses a very hard battle in sabers to Bane and I tend to lean towards Kun though in the force but that would be a hard fight too. As for DE Sidious I would have to say that Bane has a better shot to beat Sidious a saber's duel than a force duel but I he still goes down in a sabers after giving Sidious a tough duel.

Bane has no chance to beat DE Sidious. I don't think anybody in the SW universe could beat him, with the exception of Luke, and even that one can go either way.

Darth Sexy
You have got to be kidding. Firstly how is bane going to contend when kun employs a lightsaber form completely alien to bane when the fact is he gets owned every time his opponent uses a form he has never seen before?
Exactly how has Bane NOT seen this form before, considering the fact that Zannah's lightsaber is built with the exact modifications of Kun?

Bane fought off 3 Jedi Masters who were under Battle Meditation. He is a BEAST in saber combat, this is fact. Now could he defeat Sidious? I doubt it.

I think bane would curbstomp Anakin in a pure lightsaber duel.

Blax_Hydralisk
Why? I'm referring to him curbstomping Anakin.

GahLakTus
Exactly how has Bane NOT seen this form before, considering the fact that Zannah's lightsaber is built with the exact modifications of Kun? Can you prove zannah uses the same exact form as exar kun whom you yourself has stated to be an unknown form?

Bane fought off 3 Jedi Masters who were under Battle Meditation. He is a BEAST in saber combat, this is fact. Now could he defeat Sidious? I doubt it. And just how powerful were the jedi of that time? All i recall was jedi and sith of that era getting easily killed by children who swung lightsabers like monkeys. But yes, ill agree that feat is indeed impressive, but the fact those 3 jedi are inferior to the ones sidious easily dispatched despite being out of practise for 13 years.

I think bane would curbstomp Anakin in a pure lightsaber duel. Curbstomp? Are you serious? Anakin by merely "deciding" to win made dookus knowledge of the force, dookus skills and mastery a "joke" and dooku has been described as one of the most respected and powerful Jedi in the Order's twenty-five-thousand-year history" and "a great Jedi Master, now an even greater Lord of the Sith".

And he tooled dooku be merely deciding to win in his right frame of mind where he thoughts are "crystal clear" or more famously known as "the zone".

Well in fairness to Bane he did have to face 2 and at one point 3 jedi aided by battle meditation and they were not gaining much ground on him.
And how skillful were those jedi? Could they compare to the "jedi at their prime" which are the PT jedi? He simply saw a set of sequences which he can counter, That is NOT a defination of skill ,hell even kasim the so called greatest lightsaber duelist up till that time told him NOT to rely on memorising sequences

I wouldn't say Kun's form is completely alien as in it wouldn't be his first time facing someone with a double bladed lightsaber.
It is seeing the fact that exar kuns saber stance does not match any of the 7 styles of lightsaber combat, and since when kasim, zannah and kun used the same form?

As he did face Kaism on Lehon and he does have an understanding for the double bladed saber as Kasim told why he uses it during his secret sessions with Bane. I would say not many people know this. See the above.

I do think Bane could can give a DE Sidious a moderately tough fight

I don't seeing sidious could move as if he was invisible and the fact he combines lightsaber forms which do not follow a sequence that bane remembers and the fact that nick gillard has stated that palpatine can constantly switch forms which according to kyle can completely throw an opponent of guard, ESPECIALLY when palpatine changes to a form which bane does not recognise.

as in Sidious can't win with his eyes close but he still wont be in any desperate situations or anything of the sort. And his armor does give him protection. Raska's 2 blades were moving faster than they eye could see and she did land about 6 blows to his chest but his armor did protect him. So he does have some protection from Sidious initially and his best chance would be at the begining of duel but once Sidious recognizes this he would would get to Bane's head. And Bane loses to Sidious in the force since he is vulnerable to lightning. And palpatine knows everything about dark side artifacts, do you think he wouldn't know lightning would annihilate orbalisks? Or the fact that sidious could aim for his head seeing his armour is lightsaber resustant?

Darth Sexy
Can you prove zannah uses the same exact form as exar kun whom you yourself has stated to be an unknown form?
What other form is there when her saber is identical to Exar Kun's? She twirls that thing around like a baton, just like Kun did. And Kun didn't invent the weapon.

Well, you had Farfalla and some jedi who was supposed to be uber with a saber like Kas'im, and she was moving faster than the eye could see. Bane fought off 3 at the same time.

You know, you throwing out that random quote doesn't do anything for a debate. It means nothing here. Bane's force mastery is beyond Dooku's. I'd even argue his saber dueling abilities when guided by the force, are superior to Dooku's as well. Add in the fact that he has orbalisks that give him roid rage, and Anakin doesn't stand much chance.

So?

Bane fought off 2 Jedi Masters and a Padawan, whose abilities were all enhanced by Battle Meditation. And this is not even mentioning the fact that his force wave and force lightning could wtfpwn anyone it hits.

I didn't say Kas'im used that form. Kas'im had the standard double blade whereas Zannah has unique double blade, like Kun's.

We are talking about a hypothetical saber duel, not a force duel and not an overall fight. Yes Sidious is among the very best in the business but like Yoda, Bane will give him one hell of a fight. Bane was shown to move with blinding speed as well. Btw what's Sidious' force lightning going to do? It was absorbed by Yoda and reflected back by Mace. What's to stop Bane from doing the same? Unless of course it's too strong for him...

Darth Hord
And how skillful were those jedi? Could they compare to the "jedi at their prime" which are the PT jedi? He simply saw a set of sequences which he can counter, That is NOT a defination of skill ,hell even kasim the so called greatest lightsaber duelist up till that time told him NOT to rely on memorising sequences

Johun was a pretty bad however he did find out that Bane's hands were not covered which was another target for the jedi
Raska was an echani and had a muscles and a great physique. she had great martial art skill,she was a jedi weapons master,she used to blades and the narrator says she had killed as many sith as the thought bomb killed. So I would say she is a very proficient fighter (moving faster than they eye can see) and easily one of the best if not the best (saberwise) of the jedi order at the time.
Farfalla was the leader of the army of light after Hoth's death and was in many battle during the war and proved to Hoth and those who served him that he was not a prancing fool like they had originally thought. And they were also aided by battle meditation so that was another advantage against Bane.

It may not match an exact form but to say that all of his moves were only used by him and not any other double bladed practitioner seems a little far fetched to me. I know that his style has some unique elements to but to say that every double bladed saber user to come afterwards don't use some of the same moves/elements as Kun is just out there to me.

I know this is a different matter. I was thinking about this last night and I'm saying that he can last at least fair amount of time against ROTS Sidious and maybe make hard pressed at times. I do think Bane is in the same league as Kun,Mace etc. But I don't think that vs DE Sidious it would not 1-2-3 Bane=A Corpse.(still goes down pretty quick but you get the point)

As far as the orbalisk goes I think it is very possible for Sidious to know about them. But as in the RO2 Bane did wore some clothes over the orbalisk so I would say it is not impossible he couldn't do the same which would mean his best chance would be at the start if Sidios doesn't recognize this. (And for the record I originally stated this if it was a sabers only battle as I said he would lose fairly quickly to lightning) But then again if it is very possible that Sidious could recognize him as Bane and know about the armor. It is a long shot but it is the best shot Bane has though odds are very very slim.

I don't even know why this is such a big deal that Bane is now legitimately an upper tier sith in the same league as Revan and Kun. He been in saber fights with some of the best of his time. It could go either way with Kun but I would have to say Bane beats Kun do his orbalisks.(straight up saber duel)

GahLakTus
I tell you what DS, im pretty tired of argueing here so i likely won't respond to your next rebuttal, i plan to stop debating here seeing not that many users are on as before and the fact that we are argueing the same thing over and over, ill wait for new content to come then maybe ill come back. This will be my last post here.

What other form is there when her saber is identical to Exar Kun's? She twirls that thing around like a baton, just like Kun did. And Kun didn't invent the weapon. Wow so she twirls it the same way he did so it means thats the same form, great logic, then i guess because malak and nihilus are using a one handed combat style and twirl it in a way nearly identical to dooku means they MUST be using makashi.

Well, you had Farfalla and some jedi who was supposed to be uber with a saber like Kas'im, and she was moving faster than the eye could see. Bane fought off 3 at the same time.
Farfalla on the same level on kasim? As stated by whom?

You know, you throwing out that random quote doesn't do anything for a debate.
Then i guess these quotes won't mean shit for a debate going by what you said :

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76.

"...Yoda could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology,

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

It means nothing here. Bane's force mastery is beyond Dooku's. I'd even argue his saber dueling abilities when guided by the force, are superior to Dooku's as well. Add in the fact that he has orbalisks that give him roid rage, and Anakin doesn't stand much chance.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Empire's End, one of the Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the OT sith: "No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine."

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: "Palpatine at his peak."

Essential Chronology: "the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

considering the fact these quotes are always used in a debate to prove palpatines superiority to just about every other sith lord.

So?
The same would happen to bane considering how badly he destroyed dooku.

Bane fought off 2 Jedi Masters and a Padawan, whose abilities were all enhanced by Battle Meditation. And this is not even mentioning the fact that his force wave and force lightning could wtfpwn anyone it hits. Wtf pwn any one it hits? Njo luke? DE sidious? The stronger the force user, the higher and greater the resistance, so hell no, it will not Wtf pwn a superior force user whom has far greater resistance than the ones he pwned, Hell i can make a case where NJO luke and sidious alone will annihilate farfalla and friends with a wave of his hand or proceed to smash them apart in a pure saber combat.

Btw what's Sidious' force lightning going to do? It was absorbed by Yoda and reflected back by Mace. What's to stop Bane from doing the same? Unless of course it's too strong for him... Oh? And whats banes lightning going to do? Sidious more powerful lightning was absorbed by yoda and deflected by mace, two force users inferior to his most powerful incarnation, what is banes inferior lightning really going to do, whats to stop sidious from doing the same?

This point is moot sexy, i suggest you don't being this up seeing sidious has a force resistance and defence far higher than anybody in the pod and ro2 era.

Darth Sexy
Wow so she twirls it the same way he did so it means thats the same form, great logic, then i guess because malak and nihilus are using a one handed combat style and twirl it in a way nearly identical to dooku means they MUST be using makashi.
Um, how many different forms are there with a double blade? 1? How many forms did Kun know with his double blade? 1? Since he didn't create the blade nor the form, what makes you think Zannah didn't learn the exact same stuff from holocrons or from other sources?

Farfalla on the same level on kasim? As stated by whom?
Then i guess these quotes won't mean shit for a debate going by what you said :
Two Jedi Masters, a Padawan, and Battle Meditation. That's impressive.

Except they don't have anything to do with what I just said. I said that Bane could give Sidious a kickass saber duel. NOT DE Sidious.

Prove Sidious possessed the more powerful lightning. They both had the ability to kill on impact.

Yet again, nobody said Bane would beat Sidious. However, judging by his saber abilities in such a short time, he will definitely give Sidious a long fight, as Yoda did. But unlike Yoda, Bane will ultimately lose.

GahLakTus

Prove Sidious possessed the more powerful lightning. They both had the ability to kill on impact.
Final post. Can banes lightning reduce force users powerful enough to resurrect darth maul to charred skeletons? Can banes lightning burn a hole through a jedi like sidious did in empires end?

Hell can bane choke and lightning at the same time as sidious did to his officer in EE?

Darth Sexy
Final post. Can banes lightning reduce force users powerful enough to resurrect darth maul to charred skeletons? Can banes lightning burn a hole through a jedi like sidious did in empires end?

Hell can bane choke and lightning at the same time as sidious did to his officer in EE?

Anything Bane shot with his lightning was "charred". I don't know if Bane can choke and do lightning at the same time. However you are again using DE Sidious when he's not even in the debate.

GahLakTus
I would consider EE palpatine severely weakened seeing his clone is degenerating, his mere lightning shot could burn a hole through a jedis chest.

high voltage lightning itself will char anything it hits due to the heat it produces, sidious has been shown to shock his opponents and burn away all their flesh until their bones are exposed, this is merely ROTJ sidious and this is far greater than merely "charring" a victim.

Darth Sexy
For the millionth time, why are you comparing DE Sidious to anybody? He is not even in this discussion

GahLakTus

high voltage lightning itself will char anything it hits due to the heat it produces, sidious has been shown to shock his opponents and burn away all their flesh until their bones are exposed, this is merely ROTJ sidious and this is far greater than merely "charring" a victim. Does this say "DE"?

Darth Sexy

I guess Empire's End and EE don't refer to DE Sidious...

GahLakTus
I guess you forgot the fact that it was ROTJ sidious who charred those 3 fools to skeletons in one hit, thats far greater than merely "charring" a victim.

Light_Sith
Bane kicks ass.

He invades the tombs of mighty Sith Lords, makes thought bombs, makes the new Sith order, kicks the ass of stupid ghosts, fights metal things, fights blade masters, fights a ton of Jedi at once, raises super powerful apprentices and so on.

AND ALL WITHOUT CRYING, THROWING A HISSY FIT OR LOSING A LIMB!

Captain REX
I am just now enjoying Path of Destruction (having purchased it), and I already enjoy Dessel's character. I cannot wait until he becomes Darth Bane...

And I hate when people term the power as 'Force Wave.' I dunno, pet peeve? Force Push does fine.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Captain REX
I am just now enjoying Path of Destruction (having purchased it), and I already enjoy Dessel's character. I cannot wait until he becomes Darth Bane...

And I hate when people term the power as 'Force Wave.' I dunno, pet peeve? Force Push does fine.

But it's not a force push Rex, it's a force wave. It's intensity basically rivals that of a hydrogen bomb. When he uses it on somebody, nothing but their bones remains. Hardly a force push.

Captain REX
That's...almost stupid. And not what any description of it says. It's just a more powerful Force Push. no expression

GahLakTus
But it's not a force push Rex, it's a force wave. It's intensity basically rivals that of a hydrogen bomb. When he uses it on somebody, nothing but their bones remains. Hardly a force push. Actually the force wave turns you into a pulpy mass because it breaks all your bones.

Null ARC Avis
I finished RoT the other night and i hate how everyone here is saying that by the slightest touch of force lightning, the orbalisks are destroyed.

We have to remember that Bane was being shocked by his own increadibly powerful, Orbalisk augmented lightning for quite a while. He was an increadibly powerful force user, and his lightning would have been more powerful (thanks to his power plus that of the orbalisks) than most other dark siders, ever! Any comments on this?

Darth Sexy
Yes, electricity, no matter how intense, will kill the orbalisks.

Captain REX
Merged...

Null ARC Avis
That is bullshit. So if his orbalisks are hit by 220V of electricity, they break and die? If Plo Koon uses his UB3R lighting powers and it somehow hit Bane before Bane analy(sp?) raped Koon, Bane's orbalisks would die? think of how ridiculous that sounds. Bane was shocked for quite a long time by his own increadibly powerful force lightning. That is like shooting a couple of feet of steel with a machine gun. A few shots wont really do shit, but after a couple thousand rounds, the steel will be destroyed.

Darth Sexy
It doesn't sound ridiculous. With the amazing powers the orbalisks give Bane, there is great risk in having them as well. What, did you think they would make him invincible?

Null ARC Avis
No, but to a couple volts of lightnning? that sounds ridiculous. you can't just llok at the end and say, well, he got shocked, so all lightning must kill the orbalisks. you have to look at HOW he got shocked: by his own, very leathel lightning for, i'd say, almost to over a minute, a very long time to be shocked by lightning.

and then why didn't all of the orbalisks die? they all would have been hit by his lighnting. Obviously, some would have been hit a lot more than others.

Darth Sexy
And you can't look at it the way you are. His lightning wasn't "powerful" enough to break through the force shield created by that jedi that held his foot, so how powerful is it really?

Elite Hunter
And people like Revan,Luke,Dooku,Sidious and yoda etc. can either produce lightning or reflect and they are all at the very least in his league if not higher.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
And people like Revan,Luke,Dooku,Sidious and yoda etc. can either produce lightning or reflect and they are all at the very least in his league if not higher.

Given how Bane was able to absorb lightning being generated from an host of Sith Lords that was powerful enough to destroy "anything and everything in its path" and would have eventually destroyed an entire world, contain the energy, and direct it across the entire planet, I'd say Luke's the only one you named who would be "at the very least in his league if not higher," and even then, Luke's never been displayed to be a Master of force lightning, whereas Bane was able to master it to some degree after only an hour of just having learnt it, and as mentioned, is later able to direct it across an entire planet.

Not to mention, as pointed out, Bane's lightning was effecting the entire armour, and it was doing so for quite some time, so trying to pass off the idea that the orbalisks possess the same sort of weakness to lightning that Vader's suit does is really quite silly.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Sorgo
Given how Bane was able to absorb lightning being generated from an host of Sith Lords that was powerful enough to destroy "anything and everything in its path" and would have eventually destroyed an entire world, contain the energy, and direct it across the entire planet, I'd say Luke's the only one you named who would be "at the very least in his league if not higher," and even then, Luke's never been displayed to be a Master of force lightning, whereas Bane was able to master it to some degree after only an hour of just having learnt it, and as mentioned, is later able to direct it across an entire planet.

Not to mention, as pointed out, Bane's lightning was effecting the entire armour, and it was doing so for quite some time, so trying to pass off the idea that the orbalisks possess the same sort of weakness to lightning that Vader's suit does is really quite silly.

You don't know the properties of the ritualized force storm so don't jump to conclusions. Furthermore, Palpatine is the most powerful practitioner of force lightning. When he shoots at his highest degree, he burns the victim completely.

Elite Hunter
Um that lightning was never shown to be all that dangerous at the point considering a "web" of lightning would connect him to all the other sith in the ritual who are all weaker than Bane. And what is Bane's greatest feat with individual lightning?" And yes everyone I did mention is in the same league as Bane or higher.(Luke and Sidious) And welcome back Nebaris who hopefully this time you can last more than a few days.

EDIT: And I know his lightning was effecting his body but there is nothing to suggest that the lightning from anyone will not travel through his body/orbalisks which is what happen when happens when lightning hits you. And also at Mace he was struck in multiple place not just at one direct point on his body.

fascistcrusader
Can they not just prevent neb's IP address from being used to register anymore?

Sorgo
Um that lightning was never shown to be all that dangerous at the point considering a "web" of lightning would connect him to all the other sith in the ritual who are all weaker than Bane.

This doesn't even make sense. I'll let you have another go at it.

Also, try not to ignore what's directly stated about the storm:

"that was powerful enough to destroy "anything and everything in its path" and would have eventually destroyed an entire world,"

The first quote coming from PoD and the second bit coming from the DSSB.

Well, as I said, he was able to master it to some degree after having just learnt it (given how he was able to make storms with it), and he's later shown to be able to direct it across an entire planet. As far as mastery of the power goes, Bane's is shown to eclipse that of anyone else, and if you want to question his force strength, well, he's stated as being far more powerful than the entire Brotherhood of Darkness, an Order of force users numbering in the hundreds, so he's clearly exceptional in that regard as well.

May I ask for some reasons? Yeah? Awfully kind of you, Spartan. So then... could I have some reasons?

Again, to elaborate on what Bane was able to do: he was able to effortlessly absorb energy powerful enough to wipe out an entire planet, contain it, and direct it across an entire planet.

Luke is logically the only one on par with him (most likely slightly above him) given how he was able to place himself into the heart of the force, where it was stated that not even a black hole could move him, and how he was able to effortlessly manipulate Dovin Basals (which were capable of dragging moons) and warp reality (which he learnt from the Fallanassi, which enables him to keep force powers activated indefinitely simply by willing it).

Who's Nebaris? I'm not Nebaris. My name is Sorgo.

Right. My point was, that there's no proof that the orbalisks possess an inherent weakness to lightning. The fact that not all were destroyed, even though the lightning was effecting his entire body, would support that idea, and again, Bane's lightning is extremely powerful (likely more powerful than that of any other) and he was being blasted for a duration of time.

Sorgo
You don't know the properties of the ritualized force storm so don't jump to conclusions.

Who's jumping to conclusions? I've only pointed things which are directly stated out.

Substantiate that.

Bane's displayed more mastery of the ability than any other, and his strength in the force can be argued as being greater than Palpatine's.

Darth Sexy
Bane hasn't displayed the ability greater than Luke, or Sidious. Lying to yourself or arguing against facts makes you pathetic Noobaris..

Bane's force strength can't be argued. This is why you're an imbecile who's never won a debate. Arguing against facts doesn't get you anywhere. Bane is firmly below Sidious, on the level of Revan and Kun. Try again Noobaris. Oh wait, you'll be banned before the day's over and i'm sure you'll be back tomorrow with a new ID, seeing as how you're pathetic enough to do so.

Elite Hunter
Ok about the force storm ritual From PoD

The lightning as this point is not destructive otherwise it surely would have killed other members of the brotherhood who are weaker than Bane especially if this lightning was at the same force that could destroy the planet. So therefore saying that bane absorbed this a great feat is just silly.

Um i know you read the book nebaris. page 306

So you can STOP LYING Nebaris if a charged needle can stun an orbalisk then force lightning from people of the likes of revan,sidious,luke or anyone else who could reflect it or generate it such as yoda or dooku have a chance to kill bane.

Captain REX
For future reference, since we know Nebaris has taken a liking to this thread, please ignore his posts. Otherwise, he will keep coming back.

Carry on.

Null ARC Avis
So you can STOP LYING Nebaris if a charged needle can stun an orbalisk then force lightning from people of the likes of revan,sidious,luke or anyone else who could reflect it or generate it such as yoda or dooku have a chance to kill bane.

The charged needle went INSIDE a little hole in the Orbalisk, so it didn't even touch the shell, which is the real armor. so no, it would not be that simple to kill Bane.

Elite Hunter
So it has less of shock than lightning and lightning which is bigger than a needle would definitely overlap the hole otherwise and a charge can go through the lightning would not have done anything and even zannah admits that electricity is the weakness of the orbalisk what more do you want?

EDIT: A little further down on page 306 it says

Electricity is the weakness of the orbalisks you can accept it or not but that really does not matter since it is clear to everyone else here,you can try and bring up every little detail but if Zannah who was sent to the jedi temple to research them and figure out the weakness realizes the bane's lightning killed them,a charged needle stuns them and a volt can kill them then electricity is the weakness end of story.

Elite Hunter
And before this on page 303

Null ARC Avis
no sh!t electricity is there weakness. what i am arguing is how much will kill the orbalisks. Notice: Millions of Volts, that is a lot. and something really big: FEASTING!!!! That means there is an amount that the orbalisks can take in before they overeat and die. What more proof do you want that Bane can take a shock without instantly dieing? it isn't like they can be hit with a taser and they die. no, there is an amount of electricity that they can withstand. that is what i was arguing.

Darth Sexy
Any amount of electricity will weaken, if not kill, the orbalisks. That should give any powerful force user the opening he needs.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
no sh!t electricity is there weakness. what i am arguing is how much will kill the orbalisks. Notice: Millions of Volts, that is a lot. and something really big: FEASTING!!!! That means there is an amount that the orbalisks can take in before they overeat and die. What more proof do you want that Bane can take a shock without instantly dieing? it isn't like they can be hit with a taser and they die. no, there is an amount of electricity that they can withstand. that is what i was arguing.

I never he would instantly die but once they are hit by a substantial blast of lightning from someone oh lets say sidious, we will see a repeat of of what happened to bane in RoT. And then he is vulnerable and he will likely be in a similar position in RoT. I'm stating the obvious when I say force lightning>charged needle and if the needle can stun than how do you expect him to withstand a blast of lightning . My whole point from before with Nebaris is that powerful forces users can produce enough volts to kill. I really have trouble seeing Bane win a duel if hit by lightning.

BaneLover
Ok about the force storm ritual From PoD

He had to shout to be heard above the howling wind and thunder. A web of lightning spiraled out from his body, connecting him to each of the other Sith. He shivered then suddenly went stiff, arms spread out at his sides. Slowly, his rigid body began to rise into the air.

The lightning as this point is not destructive otherwise it surely would have killed other members of the brotherhood who are weaker than Bane especially if this lightning was at the same force that could destroy the planet. So therefore saying that bane absorbed this a great feat is just silly.

WTF? You... do realise that it was the Sith that were generating the lightning, right? Bane was the only one absorbing the lightning, the rest were powering their own lightning through him, which is exactly what was connecting them together. Your counter makes no sense whatsoever.

Lol. OK, I'll be honest here; I haven't actually read the book. I even pre-ordered it and everything, but dumbass Amazon ran out of stock fast. I just figured that given what Avis had been saying, that people were simply claiming that the orbalisks were weak against lightning just because Bane's own lightning was able to destroy them - which, if that were the case, would be totally illogical.

Anyways, my bad on that, the orbalisks obviously do possess a weakness to lightning, but this still doesn't change the fact that Bane can easily prevent his orbalisks from being blasted by lightning in the first place by simply blocking it with his lightsaber.

fascistcrusader
Remember. If we ignore it there's a good chance it will go away.

Darth Sexy
Or Rex could give everyone banning priviledges and incompetent social rejects like Noobaris wouldn't come back.

fascistcrusader
That could lead to abuse though. What I want to know is why these forums can't just prevent banned member's IP addresses from being used to register on the site again.

Darth Sexy
Apparently their socks checker isn't up to date.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by BaneLover
WTF? You... do realise that it was the Sith that were generating the lightning, right? Bane was the only one absorbing the lightning, the rest were powering their own lightning through him, which is exactly what was connecting them together. Your counter makes no sense whatsoever.

The Brotherhood slipped deeper into the collective trance, barely even aware of the storm now raging about their physical selves. Bane stood at the eye of the storm, drawing the bolts of lightning into himself, feeding on them. He felt his strength surge as he channeled and focused the dark side from the others.This is how it should be! All the power of the Brotherhood in one body! The only way to unleash the full potential of the dark side!"Do you feel invincible? Invulnerable? Immortal?"He had to shout to be heard above the howling wind and thunder. Sith. A web of lightning spiraled out from his body, connecting him to each of the other Sith

Bane absorbed it originally yes, but then as the last line says A web of lightning spiraled out from his body, connecting him to each of the other Sith.

I agree that Bane can block lightning with a lightsaber but to say that only his lightning or a needle in a whole could kill the orbalisk is just stupid(which is what it seemed that Avis was implying) or that any other sith/jedi couldn't generate lightning to a degree to harm. The end of the da it comes down Bane can block lightning with a saber but if it hits him he stands a very good chance to die.

BaneLover
The Brotherhood slipped deeper into the collective trance, barely even aware of the storm now raging about their physical selves. Bane stood at the eye of the storm, drawing the bolts of lightning into himself, feeding on them. He felt his strength surge as he channeled and focused the dark side from the others.This is how it should be! All the power of the Brotherhood in one body! The only way to unleash the full potential of the dark side!"Do you feel invincible? Invulnerable? Immortal?"He had to shout to be heard above the howling wind and thunder. Sith. A web of lightning spiraled out from his body, connecting him to each of the other Sith

Bane absorbed it originally yes, but then as the last line says A web of lightning spiraled out from his body, connecting him to each of the other Sith.

Taken directly from dictionary.reference.kom/browse/spiral (Replace the "kom" with "com."wink:

"To take a spiral form or course."

Now if we were to take the definition "to take a spiral form" and treated the sentence as a visual description rather than a description of what's actually happening, than all that the statement is saying is that the lightning joined to both the Sith Lords and Bane took the form of a spiral. Simply saying that it "spiralled out from Bane's body," in that context, wouldn't actually mean that it was being generated from Bane's body and being transferred to the other Sith Lords (that would only be the case if the sentence was describing what was happening rather than what the scene looked like), but that the narrator is using Bane as a starting point for the visual description, and then visually describing the form that the lightning took in relation to Bane.

The interpretation that the sentence is visually describing the scene rather than describing anything taking place is the only one that makes sense, given that the entire purpose behind the ritual was for the Sith Lords to feed Bane their power, and Bane giving it back to them would be completely counter productive.

Well given what you've been saying, that appears to be the case, but it's an insignificant point when taking into consideration that Bane is quite capable of simply using a force shield or his lightsaber to defend against it.

Sure, he didn't do so against his own, but his concentration was partly being focused on generating the lightning just as he was hit, and Bane's lightning is likely the most powerful there is in SW canon. I say this given the fact that he's displayed more refinement of the technique than any other, and has force strength on the level of being far greater than that of an entire Order of force users (likely one of the greatest ever, and certainly on par with beings like Luke Skywalker).

fascistcrusader
Elite Hunter, please don't respond to him. Its the only way to get rid of him.

Darth Sexy
Yawn

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Elite Hunter, please don't respond to him. Its the only way to get rid of him.

I have no problem talking to Nebaris if what we are talking about is appropriate is not so far out there or utter bull and right now I am repsonding to him but I'm just not gonna agree with his lightning being better than sidious so I'm going to ignore that part since it is waste of time arguing it, and I highly doubt ignoring him will make him want to leave. No offense Rex you do have every right to ban but if what i am talking to him about isn't completely isane then I think it is ok to discuss it with until he is banned. Sorry Nebaris but that is inevitable.

Null ARC Avis
no, what i was saying is that bane has to be shocked for a couple of seconds before the lighting will kill him. that is unlikely becasue he can just force jump away when hit by it. i am just tying to say it isn't that easy to kill Bane.

Elite Hunter
I'm curious Nebaris what would suggest the point of including the word lightning was there for if not to describe lightning connecting them before Bane rose into the air. It seems like it could be a double meaning both visually and to what you seem to be referring to.

Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
no, what i was saying is that bane has to be shocked for a couple of seconds before the lighting will kill him. that is unlikely becasue he can just force jump away when hit by it. i am just tying to say it isn't that easy to kill Bane.

Is there any evidence of this beingr done before of someone dodging lightning while being hit by hit?(it sounds like you are saying he will outrun the lightning that is already on him) I mean lets say it is possible to move while being hit by it what is do stop the force lightning wielder from just moving his hand to follow Bane.For Bane to get point A he must run a fair distance I think the line of sight for the person who hit him will allow him to keep Bane in his sights. Now before anyone says that he can move faster than anyone else could think of how powerful the force user has to be to even get a hit on him (and more than luke can hit him and see him)

I never said it was easy for Bane to be hit or beaten but IF he is hit by lightning from force users such as Revan,Sidious,Dooku,Luke then Bane is in considerable trouble and has a really good chance of dieing.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
That could lead to abuse though. What I want to know is why these forums can't just prevent banned member's IP addresses from being used to register on the site again.

Everyone reasonable effort is made. IP addresses ARE banned. But determined people can find their way around any such system. There is no sock checking and no ban technique that can prevent this. Nor can suspected socks be instantly banned simply on said suspicion.

As noted, much better for you to just ignore them, and also to stop talking about their return.

Darth Sexy
Hey Ush no offense but there are techniques against this.. When we notice a sock, just keep banning him asap. It doesn't take any time away from the people who are already on this forum.

Sylar
Wow nebaris is certainly a sick child whom is a social reject hence the need to sock.

0°Mandalore°0
You know, I haven't been on this forums that long, but it doesn't take much to realize that this guy is beyond pathetic... The funny thing is, that I don't even feel pity for him.

Ushgarak
Hey Ush no offense but there are techniques against this.. When we notice a sock, just keep banning him asap. It doesn't take any time away from the people who are already on this forum.

Again, your suspicions he is a sock are not grounds for a ban. Even similar behaviour is not enough. The policy here is that we do not ban without evidence.

Most suspected socks commit a bannable offence sooner or later and are banned then.

No offence taken, because you are not speaking from a position of knowledge. I repeat, every reasonable effort is made. There is no technique or strategy that we are missing. But we must KNOW it is a sock.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Again, your suspicions he is a sock are not grounds for a ban. Even similar behaviour is not enough. The policy here is that we do not ban without evidence.

Most suspected socks commit a bannable offence sooner or later and are banned then.

No offence taken, because you are not speaking from a position of knowledge. I repeat, every reasonable effort is made. There is no technique or strategy that we are missing. But we must KNOW it is a sock.

All the evidence is there each time Ush. Once he gets banned, he creates a new account the same or next day and continues where he left off. This isn't the criminal justice system where we have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Even so, there is NO doubt whatsoever whenever Noobaris is typing.

Gideon
I have to agree, Ushgarak. With all due respect, if you weren't obligated to maintain order throughout the entirety of the boards, you would learn to quite easily discern Nebaris's accounts -- it's pretty much instinct anymore; most people can call him out quite effectively after two or three of his posts.

On a personal note, Nebaris hasn't annoyed me for a long, long time. I've said it on multiple occasions, I'd personally have no problem with his presence here, if he'd learn to "shape up his act". He has the right to question any topic or bring any taboo up for debate, including the time-tried (canon fact) that the Emperor is the most powerful Sith Lord in history. What does annoy most people are his methods: he makes a claim and expects others to acknowledge and adhere to it completely. He often uses double standards and attempts to shift the burden of proof. He'll attack Count Dooku's legendary status because, after a long diatribe featuring Dooku's background, skill, and goals, a sentence says "this is the public story" -- and expects the whole thing to be brought into question.

It's so paper-thin that even the American legal system would raise an eyebrow of skepticism. Nebaris is smart, but if he should have a place here (which his constant returns indicate a rather desperate need for KMC), he should be made to adhere to the new rules of engagement so to speak.

Or you could grant me "unlimited power!!1!" as a moderator... no expression

Ushgarak
The rules of this board as determined by the administrator- and I must say I agree with them absolutely- is that we do indeed have to prove it so. I'm very sorry, but the fact is that suspicions are not enough. We keep a close eye in those showing identical behaviour but nonetheless the process is we need evidence, not supposition, no matter how sensible that supposition seems. If we get any evidence at all, then twinning that with identical behaviour is enough for a ban right then, unlike normally when we would have to look into it. But that's as far as it goes.

Instinct is no good. And incidentally, I know the SW areas rather well.

It should also be noted there are other areas with much worse sock problems. They, too, have to await proof. But a loudmouthed sock normally reveals his identitiy sooner or later.

Gideon
Well, that's that. Happy Dance

Captain REX
I support Ush completely, though I feel BaneLover has been fairly blatant about his identity (especially through name choice and resuming his own debates) and so he has been banned.

Can we please return to the topic at hand?

truejedi
K, i read about 4 pages, hope this wasn't covered in the few that i didn't read BUT.... Bane beat three Jedi Masters, YES, he beat them, but it is made VERY VERY plain that they connected with his armor over and over and over again. If he hadn't been wearing the orbalisks, he would have been dead many times over. THe reason he won, was because he had such a small area of his body to defend. Without his orbalish, Bane could beat very few Jedi Masters, IMO.

truejedi
Any amount of electricity will weaken, if not kill, the orbalisks. That should give any powerful force user the opening he needs.

i gotta kinda disagree with this one two. Bane got hit by 5 force pike's simulatneously earlier in the book, it stunned him for less than a second, and he recovered all of his ability's. It would take quite a massive dose of electricity to actually take this guy down. (which he had generated with his own lightning. I guess that probably goes against the consensus of this thread, but that's my take on it.

The big EH
Unfortunately not. Bane is much more powerful than Vader in the force. ya bane isn't as powerful as vader. if he matured unhindered he might have been stronger than luke (much like i believe Anakin Solo would have been) bane is strong but vader (pre-op) could kick almost anyone's ass aslong as he didn't get cocky and try to jump his master.....

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by truejedi
i gotta kinda disagree with this one two. Bane got hit by 5 force pike's simulatneously earlier in the book, it stunned him for less than a second, and he recovered all of his ability's.

Actually the book says he was brought down for a moment and in the assassins would have continued their attack they had a good chance to kill him.

K, i read about 4 pages, hope this wasn't covered in the few that i didn't read BUT.... Bane beat three Jedi Masters, YES, he beat them, but it is made VERY VERY plain that they connected with his armor over and over and over again.

Mainly because Bane felt no need to defend his invulnerable (in respect to lightsabers) orbalisks. It's not like he was incapable of blocking those attacks, it's more to do with the fact that there would be no purpose in doing so. The armour was there to defend those areas of his body, and the armour was completely immune to the blade of a lightsaber... So what purpose would there be in defending the armour?

Also, put things into perspective. He was up against:

a) A Jedi who was considered the greatest duelist of her age (most warlike age in the entire mythos), who wielded a form which is most likely still completely alien to Bane.

b) The Grandmaster of the Order.

c) A talented veteran of Battle Meditation, who had been a key player in a large number of the Republic's victories in the war, aiding the above mentioned to enormous heights.

To get an idea of how much of an asset Worror's Battle Meditation would have been: "It had been many years since Farfalla had fought while empowered by Worror's battle meditation. He had forgotten how much quicker and stronger the Ithorian's amazing talent made him feel. The Force flowed through him with greater power, filling him with its might." - Ro2, PG 275.

It's pretty clear that both Farfalla and Raska were incredible combatants, and that Worror's battle meditation had been an enormous enhancement to their abilities.

Or, perhaps, with the need to defend his entire body, he wouldn't take a near fully offensive stance on the battle, and actually defend his body as well as his face.

Despite his weaker PoD self absolutely destroying someone as impressive as Kas'im? The same Twi'lek who mastered every single lightsaber form, and became the greatest technical swordsman of his age, and possibly the greatest ever?

Captain REX
We're so glad you decided to post...

sweersa
As discussed in the closed thread, people said that the Jedi were stupid.

I didn't think they were that stupid, they didn't exactly know the type of people they were dealing with, and they sent nearly the best to take on the Sith. Perhaps any more Jedi that went with them would have gotten in the way.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by sweersa
As discussed in the closed thread, people said that the Jedi were stupid.

I didn't think they were that stupid, they didn't exactly know the type of people they were dealing with, and they sent nearly the best to take on the Sith. Perhaps any more Jedi that went with them would have gotten in the way.

It was the aftermath.

They were shockingly stupid in mistaking a lunatic with a missing hand as the Sith Lord.

truejedi
Originally posted by Light_Sith
It was the aftermath.

They were shockingly stupid in mistaking a lunatic with a missing hand as the Sith Lord.

just that they beat him so easily should have told them something. caleb made the ultimate mistake in healing bane anyway, if he had just stuck to his guns on that one, his fate would have been the same, i'm thinking he assumed that as long as the Jedi got to that planet they could find the Sith. Shouldn't they have even checked the ship, and then noticed that there had been 3 people on board it? (i'm thinking DNA or something) Plus they should have run some sort of scan on his at least fingerprint (i guess they use optical scans in star wars?) and noticed that he was the same guy that was signed into the archives a few days before. a few questions... and then they realize he's not their man. (assuming they continued to guard the campsite) crime scene investigators these Jedi ain't.

truejedi
Originally posted by 666.3
Mainly because Bane felt no need to defend his invulnerable (in respect to lightsabers) orbalisks. It's not like he was incapable of blocking those attacks,

we have no idea if he was capable of blocking those attacks. He had never fought a Jedi Master, or even Knight head to head without the protection of these orbalisks to this point.

once again however, this doesn't definitively tell us if he actually had the ability to defend himself against these masters. It puts Bane's strength well below Sidious's, because of the time it took him to pick off even one of the Jedi. Sidious destroyed 3 council members in few than 5 seconds.

Kas'im's technical swordsmanship is no match for the force anymore than Grievous's robotic speed and strength were any match for Kenobi's strength in the force in their dual. And bane did not defeat Kas'im easily. In fact, to say that Bane destroyed him means you didn't even read that section of the book, and probably picked up the quote earlier somewhere online. Kas'im dominated Bane with a lightsaber, and the book makes clear Bane was lucky to escape the temple alive. Only his superiourity in the force saved him, and that clear cut edge in force mastery is something he wouldn't have over the Jedi who came to hunt him down.

Light_Sith
To be fair to Bane, he was really up against it.

In Dark Lord, Vader is hit multiple times and he is more vulnerable than Bane.

For me his match with Kas'im shows that he is formidable enough as a swordsman - escaping with his life was good enough.

There was no need for Drew to highlight his skills with the blade anymore.

Light_Sith
just that they beat him so easily should have told them something. caleb made the ultimate mistake in healing bane anyway, if he had just stuck to his guns on that one, his fate would have been the same, i'm thinking he assumed that as long as the Jedi got to that planet they could find the Sith. Shouldn't they have even checked the ship, and then noticed that there had been 3 people on board it? (i'm thinking DNA or something) Plus they should have run some sort of scan on his at least fingerprint (i guess they use optical scans in star wars?) and noticed that he was the same guy that was signed into the archives a few days before. a few questions... and then they realize he's not their man. (assuming they continued to guard the campsite) crime scene investigators these Jedi ain't.

Indeed.

truejedi
And how long are they going to leave Aurra Sing in a prison? for a lifetime bounty hunter that dates back to clone wars, this is a really pathetic end to her life. You never hear of long stretches that boba spent in prison...

Faunus
we have no idea if he was capable of blocking those attacks. He had never fought a Jedi Master, or even Knight head to head without the protection of these orbalisks to this point.And since he doesn't need to, it's irrelevant.

Considering he was up against one of the best duelists of the Jedi Order, said order's de facto grandmaster (Farfalla), and a Jedi Knight, all empowered by yet another powerful Jedi Master's battle meditation, this shouldn't be surprising.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Faunus
And since he doesn't need to, it's irrelevant.

Considering he was up against one of the best duelists of the Jedi Order, said order's de facto grandmaster (Farfalla), and a Jedi Knight, all empowered by yet another powerful Jedi Master's battle meditation, this shouldn't be surprising.

How good was Farfalla really though Faunus? We know almost nothing about his abilities with a saber, and the only instance where he's shown using it is against an almost dead Kopecz..

EDIT

Darth Sexy
Goodbye againsmile

666.five
Get some life!

Darth Sexy
LOL. Says the ****** who gets banned daily and comes back for more pwnage.

666.five
I am doing fine. Thanks!

Now go get some life!

chilled monkey
How good was Farfalla really though Faunus? We know almost nothing about his abilities with a saber, and the only instance where he's shown using it is against an almost dead Kopecz..

Page 274: To her (Zannah's) surprise, both of Bane's opponents (Farfalla and Raskta) were still standing: proof that they were exceptionally skilled combatants.

Page 280: Farfalla struck with clean, elegant blows, his form perfect as he harried Bane's right flank.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.