3:10 To Yuma (2007)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Could've sworn there was a thread for this.

Anyway, I just finished watching this movie.

Awesome, definitely my new favorite Western (unless you count No Country for Old Men as a Western).

Anyway, discuss!

ragesRemorse
Thought it was an incredible movie. With a combo like bale and crowe, i expected nothing less than greatness. I was happily satisfied. The characters were vivid and engaging. I was even surprised by very decent directing. This is one of those Westerns, like no country and unforgiven, that non western fans can enjoy.

=Tired Hiker=
Great film, but something about the end bothered me. I wasn't sold that the bond between Crowe and Bale was enough that Crowe would help him in the way he did, but still, good movie.

exanda kane
Good fun this.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Great film, but something about the end bothered me. I wasn't sold that the bond between Crowe and Bale was enough that Crowe would help him in the way he did, but still, good movie.

gladiators have honor

bodach
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Could've sworn there was a thread for this.

Anyway, I just finished watching this movie.

Awesome, definitely my new favorite Western (unless you count No Country for Old Men as a Western).

Anyway, discuss!

Own it, love it. But it's nowhere near my favorite western.

That honour goes to Sergio Leone's epic spaghetti western Once Upon A Time in the West. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

BackFire
Excellent film, just watched it.

I'm usually not big on westerns, but this was was just outstanding.

The acting was great, but Ben Foster stole the show. This little squirrely guy became one of the best villains I've seen recently.

JediSamuraiMRB
I saw this in the movie theater. Liked it, but loved the original more.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
gladiators have honor

Bros before ho's, right?

Mairuzu
Christian bale for the win

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Bros before ho's, right?

you know whats up. Just be sure to remember that on election day of 08 big grin

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you know whats up. Just be sure to remember that on election day of 08 big grin

laughing

willofthewisp
Does anyone else think this film was completely snubbed by the Academy Award people? It's only nominated for Best Original Score. I thought Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were absolutely amazing in it and I would have even nominated it for Best Picture.
I went with a small group to see this and we all enjoyed it very, very much. If it's not my favorite western, it comes a close second to Tombstone. All it was missing was Sam Elliot.

SelphieT
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Does anyone else think this film was completely snubbed by the Academy Award people? It's only nominated for Best Original Score. I thought Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were absolutely amazing in it and I would have even nominated it for Best Picture.
I went with a small group to see this and we all enjoyed it very, very much. If it's not my favorite western, it comes a close second to Tombstone. All it was missing was Sam Elliot.

Bale and Crowe were amazing yes

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by SelphieT
Bale and Crowe were amazing yes

Yes they were. But their performances weren't really oscar worthy.

SnakeEyes
However, 3:10 to Yuma>Juno.

General G
Originally posted by BackFire
Excellent film, just watched it.

I'm usually not big on westerns, but this was was just outstanding.

The acting was great, but Ben Foster stole the show. This little squirrely guy became one of the best villains I've seen recently.

I know what you mean about the squirrel guy...at the beginning...I was kinda sceptical about him, he seemed really weird and I didn't really like him as a villain, but it turned out really well for him.

And this was a great western...only thing needed...Clint Eastwood stick out tongue

rockycairns
Good film with great acting and fantastic action gonna pick up the DVD soon.

General G
Definately worth it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.